One Man & A Mower

Founded 1994 • With Angi since February 2012

3600 Stoneridge Dr

Knoxville, TN 37931

Discount pricing for new customers....

02/22/2017

bob P.

Great Job. Will use again.

Description of Work
Topsoil and mulch

Category lawn service, mulch

Thank you sir. It was a pleasure

11/28/2016

Dwight D.

Service is always excellent

Description of Work
Lawn Maintenance and Tree trimming

10/22/2016

David B.

04/24/2016

Teri F.

Everything went well. I haven't used his service since 2008 because I bought my own mower. Waiting for the mower to be fixed, I called John. He actually answers his own phone. At the time of my call he was in Florida but we scheduled an appointment for when he returned to town. He arrived at his scheduled time and did a wonderful job. John told me he only cuts grass 3 days a week now and wants to cut down to two days next summer. He is not looking for new customers, although he grateful to the business over the past years.

Description of Work
John mowed my lawn and trimmed edges.

09/01/2015

Bobbye B.

Bobby showed up when he said he would, looked at the work and gave me an estimate on cost. My yard was a mess, needed much work. I agreed to our price and Bobby told me when he would be finishing the work. As promised, Bobby showed up with his crew and worked until the job was finished. The estimate on the amount of pine straw needed was not right, but he had told me ahead of time that it might be more, so I was prepared for that. He went and got what was needed to finish the same day he told me . He did everything he promised and more. He and his crew cleaned up everything before they left and gave me good advice on how to keep the yard looking good. I would not hesitate to recommend this guy to anyone who wants someone who knows how to work.

Description of Work
Cleaned up yard, trimmed hedges, weeded, put down mulch and pine straw.

Category lawn service

It was great working with you. Please let me know if you need anything in the future. Bobby

08/21/2015

elizabeth ann R.

Provided own mower & equipment. Large yard. Did show up every week on the same day. Mowed at approximately 5-10 miles per hour. So fast that grass blew up onto house and the mowed grass was uneven. I have mowed this grass myself for years, I couldn't believe it. Mowed so fast that there were always unevenly mowed areas in the grass. Failed to use the weed eater in areas agreed upon in a straight cut and then argued that it had not been done before. Pulled some very tall weeds up in one spot after requested to do so for 2 weeks and threw them in the yard rather than disposing of them. Hit bushes in three areas with the lawn mower which killed branches on the bush. Mowed over a row of flowers after being told where the access to the other area of yard was. Failed to weed eat one entire area of grass at a border. Was argumentative when asked to weed eat at a grass border. Blew the left over mowed grass every week, but it was blown onto boxwoods and after being asked not to do that. I would never have this company back. Acknowledged that he originally said that weeding in flower beds would not be included. I am not writing about flower beds. I am writing about the yard. The worst was after having something pointed out that needed to be done that wasn't, he got argumentative. That did it for me. Paid him every week on online banking. Although the last check was sent the day he mowed, he didn't receive in the mail timely and he threatened to take me to court. He says that I shut the door on him. I did; I had a broken leg and can't walk; I am not difficult to get along with, but I was not pleased with this work and he argued with me.

Description of Work
Mowed yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service

I do the job that we agree on......period. All I have to say is look at all the other reviews and see that I go above and beyond on each job. I'm always courteous and easy to work with. I can only do so much when the yard is knee high when you call me. I can see why the mowing crew she had before left town.

07/09/2015

Kahlil F.

Arrived on time as previously coordinated and completed requested work as expected. Great Price and excellent quality work would highly recommend and definitely use again when needed.

Description of Work
Mowed yard, cleaned up flowerbeds,removed weeds,trimmed bushes and applied mulch.

04/14/2015

Leslie S.

Bobby was great to work with! The mulch looks great! He was very prompt with the quote and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Installed mulch around existing landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

10/27/2014

Harry P.

The service was very good. Two guys came out and it took about an hour take care of it. I would say that Bobby is responsive and reasonably priced. Bobby is very easy to work with and his work is very good.

Description of Work
He pruned my fig tree.

Category lawn service, tree service

09/13/2014

Harry P.

Bobby is easy to work with and dependable.

Description of Work
Cleaned out heavily weeded beds and dead shrubbery. Also, mows lawn regularly.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

09/10/2014

Eugenia P.

Bobby did a wonderful job with our landscaping. I had a crepe myrtle that was taking over, and a dwarf shrub that somehow got taller than me. It was getting out of hand, and I wasn't sure we could do a good job cleaning it up ourselves. He came in and cleaned it all up. My Granny gave me a gardenia bush that is an offshoot of a century old bush. I thought our crepe myrtle had killed it, but Bobby found it for us! I nearly cried when I saw it still there. Thank you, Bobby! You always do amazing work!

Description of Work
Trim Shrubbery and trees, and neaten landscaping.

07/30/2014

Lauryi K.

We are still using this provider on a weekly basis. My only complaints would be that he changed his amount once he did the yard, but in fairness, he accepted the quoted charge for the first cutting and told me that future ones would be higher. The other complaint I have is that we have shown them several times (there are actually 2 guys that come) how/what we want cut all over our property and this is not always done to our satisfaction. We are particular, I will admit and we have a grassy area surrounding part of our yard, but they have let that grown into our yard to the point that it will soon take over my garden. My husband is talking to them again today about it and I'm sure that at least for a while it will be done correctly. The consistency of the quality is my only complaint, but usually once we talk to them, it is done the way we asked (for a while, anyway). They are very consistent re: the days he has promised to be here. We had a problem in the past with our lawn service just not showing up until we called and complained. That is not the case here; short of a downpour, he is always here on the promised day of the week and if there is a downpour all day, he is here the next day. I am very pleased with their reliability and, overall, they do a nice job of cutting the main portion of the lawn.

Description of Work
Cuts grass, weed eats, blows grass off sidewalks, patio, etc.

06/16/2014

Terrilyn D.

Very Well

Description of Work
Cleaned flower beds. very well

06/10/2014

Lydia S.

Bobby Law and his 2 helpers did a great job trimming our hedge and bushes this morning. Yard looks so much better now. I was particularly impressed that they raked ALL the leaves/branches from under the bush/hedge area, both freshly trimmed and existing old leaves, and then they finished up with the blower to clean up the rest of the small trimmings and dirt. We will definitely use One Man And A Mower services again in the future, both for hedge trimming and for lawn mowing. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Trimming of a hedge and several small bushes.

04/22/2014

Rhonda F.

Bobby met with me a week before the work commenced to go over all that I wanted to have done. The beds had not had any real attention or clearing since I purchased the home in 2008. Bobby surveyed the area and listened to what I wanted. He arrived on Friday, and when I arrived home, I was thrilled to see that my house looked completely different! Gone were the ugly plants, weeds, and untrimmed bushes. The black mulch compliments my black shutters. I was completely pleased with what he accomplished. I would definitely use him again, and plan to for follow-up work this season.

Description of Work
Cleared out flower beds (front, side, mailbox area and back yard), trimmed overgrown bushes (four large and two small in the front, two on the front side of the house, and six in the back of the house, two hedges and a bush in the mailbox bed), unrooted an ugly perennial that was planted before I purchased the home, cleared weeds from around three tree beds, and put black mulch in all the beds.

Category lawn service

Thank you. [Member Name Removed]. Let me know if I can help you in the future.

04/19/2014

Amy P.

Bobby did a wonderful job. He answered my call and scheduled a time to come out the following day. We went through the scope of the work and he gave me a quote right there. It was a very good price for all the work needed. He scheduled us for the following week. He came and worked hard and was not able to finish that day and showed up first thing Saturday morning to finish. Everything was left looking clean and well groomed. I would definitely use Bobby again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out several flower beds including removing 4 large nandinas, 5 dead bushes, removed stubborn bamboo nandina, and several small plants. Planted 8 new plants and mulched all beds.

Thank you (removed member name). I look forward to future projects. Bobby

04/09/2014

Jeff D.

Bobby is extremely pleasant to deal with. He was there when he said, finished when he said, and charged what he said. Will use him for other projects and have already recommended to a friend.

Description of Work
Replaced several bushes, trimmed landscape, mulched.

Category lawn service, mulch

Thanks (removed member name), it was a pleasure working with you. Bobby

01/05/2014

jacqueline K.

He is amazing. He really knows what he is doing and I have had nothing but great service from him. He had taken care of my lawn, my daughter's lawn, and my granddaughters lawn.

Description of Work
He always took care of my lawn. Mowing, weeding, trimming bushes, aeration, etc.

Category lawn service

[member name removed], Thank you for the review

08/30/2013

CANDACE L M.

When I called Bobby Law, he actually picked up the phone himself and discussed the work that I needed. He scheduled an appointment within a week of the call to look over the proposed work. He arrived promptly with an assistant, gave me his price, and completed the project the same day. He gave a fair price and worked steadily until everything was completed. He was friendly and very competent. I would gladly hire him for anything related to landscaping, general yard work, and ripping out large ugly eyesores.

Description of Work
Bobby Law and his assistant trimmed tree branches that were hanging close to the ground, he leveled/dug up a mammoth pampas grass and other bushes that were overgrown or dead. He made sure the area was cleaned up and hauled off a large amount of debris.

08/26/2013

Marcheta O.

Great . Always on time and professional. Excellent service , fantastic work. Bobby is still doing our yard work, and will continue to be our go to guy!

Description of Work
Mows lawn, weed eats etc.

07/22/2013

Barbara S.

Prompt and dependable. Did a very nice job. Easy to get in touch with.

Description of Work
Cut and trim lawn.

07/16/2013

jacqueline K.

TO US BOBBY HAS ALWAYS DONE WELL. WE THINK 5 YEARS IS SELF EXPLANATORY!!!

Description of Work
WE ARE A RETIRED AND WE HAVE HAD BOBBY FOR 5 YEARS. MY HUSBAND HAD BEEN SICK FOR THREE OF THOSE YEARS AND BOBBY MOWED OUR LAWN EVERY WEEK, PLANTED SOD, SPREAD MULCH, CUT SCHRUBS AND ANYTHING THE LAWN REQUIRED. HE IS RESPONSIBLE, VERY PARTICULAR IN WHAT HE DOES,ALWAYS ON TIME.WE WOULD RECOMMEND HIM 100%.

06/09/2013

Randall W.

It looks wounderful! Bobby ripped out old shrubs and ground out the old stump from a Bradford Pear that was hit by lighting. He then had set a nice Red Bud tree and a Crate Mrytle tree. We had a large rock set at the corner of our drive and then planted 6 Otto's, 4 Hawthorne's, and countless Tulips all around it. Each season he plants something new for color around the rock! It'a focal point of the landscaping. We then moved up the drive with 12 Japanese Yew, 4 Lorapatelum, and 3 Azalea's along with mulch. In front of the pourch he planted 5 Indian Hawthorne's and Pansies. Along the front of the house he planted Drift Roses at the corner of the sidewalk then Soft Touch in front of the Hedge follow by 5 Knockout Rose bushes, 3 Schip Laurel and 2 Dwarf Crate Myrtles. All of which was then outlined with a boarder of rock. Wow! It really looks nice! Now on to the back yard. Let's just say the back was more extensive than the front with something like 18 Knockout Rose bushs, 10 Lorapatelum, 30 Hawthorne's, Lilly's, Flox, etc. etc. Mulch, straw and all lined with rock just like in the front. It was a big job and it turned out really nice! I also use One Man and a Mower (Bobby Law) for my weekly yard mowing service and he does a great job at that as well. Actually he started mowing for me as a referral from my previous yard man when he was getting out of the business. Bobby took over and that is what lead to the landscaping and now he has picked up several of my neighbors yard service as well. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Description of Work
Total yard mark over! This was a two year project broken down into phases. I'm not a gardner or a landscaper, I know what I like when I see it and what I don't when I see that as well. Bobby took the time to understand what I tried to descripe as well as the pics my wife and I could find on the internet and brought it together with his drawings to develope our total yard make over.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Thank you for the great review. You and [member name removed] were easy to work with. I'm glad I could get it just the way you like it. Bobby

11/05/2012

Kathleen P.

Mr. Law did a walk through of the area with me. He then sat down and assisted me in sketching out the courtyard. We discussed what my needs and wants were for the area along with budget. After we developed a plan and agreed on the budget he came back soon to start work. Mr. Law, himself and one other employ came to complete the work and had it all done in one day. I was impressed! The work was incredible and looked beautiful. Later he delivered plants for the above ground planter. They were beautiful too! I will continue to use Mr. Law and his company, One man and a Mower.

Description of Work
Mr. Law provided assistance in planning the landscaping of the courtyard we were designing. He removed trees and bushes, filled in a large above ground planter with topsoil, planted 21 different 3 foot bushes, placed mulch in and around the new plants, trimmed all other bushes and trees around the area, sprayed for poison ivy and sprayed multiple areas for weeds. He provided many bushes and flowers; all beautiful!

02/18/2012

Russ R.

His prices are good. I liked his thoroughness and promptness. He follows through. He is a great guy. He is very responsible. He is reasonable. He has picked up all the leaves in our yard for $100. He is really affordable. I rate him high overall.

Description of Work
I use One Man and a Mower occasionally to mow my lawn. He was here during the fall.

Thanks [removed member name]..... Anytime Bobby