Mr. Appliance of Knoxville

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2012

2.6

200 Prosperity Drive

Knoxville, TN 37923

Mr. Appliance specializes in appliance repair and maintenance to keep your appliances in peak working condition. But repairing your appliances is only part of the job. Our goal is to deliver superior service by taking extra steps to protect your home and become your preferred appliance repair expert. Calling Mr. Appliance ensures: * Prompt, efficient attention * Our ""leave no trace"" clean-up commitment * A solid quote before the service begins - no surprises * Courteous and skilled in-home service professionals * Never an over-time charge - we charge by the job, not by the hour * All work & parts guaranteed Mr. Appliance is locally owned and operated and is part of the largest and fastest growing full service appliance repair company in the world. When your appliances are in need of repair, contact the appliance repair experts at Mr. Appliance....

04/07/2022

Jordan G.

They came out here, 4 times to fix the same problem, each time charging us 300 dollars, assuring the ice maker was fixed. This was in a 3 week period. Finally the 4th time they told us, our ice maker couldn’t be repaired, and we were just out all of our money. Total scam!

Description of Work
Ice maker on the refrigerator repaired

Category

01/25/2022

Ryan R.

Do not use this company--expensive, poor service, and terrible customer service. The technician failed to diagnose the issue correctly and communicate the possibility of additional repairs that may be needed to fix the problem. I am not sure if he was unknowledgeable or simply avoided communicating this, either option is not good. After paying for the first repair we were then told additional repairs were needed, which meant our total cost would in fact surpass the value of the machine itself. When the manager was confronted with the technician's failure, she first admitted that her technicians should "typically" communicate such potentials upfront, but then doubled down and took an argumentative approach. In the end, she sought to blame me rather than her technician's failure to communicate. She is right, I was wrong for trusting Mr. Appliance to be thorough, honest, and reliable. There are lots of other options for your appliance needs, go another direction.

Description of Work
Washing Machine Repair

11/15/2021

Meredith W.

The tech was condescending and said he fixed the problem. I wrote a bad review on Facebook because of the very displeasing interaction. A week later, the same code returned. I called to have him come out again and they refuse to return due to my negative review. They also lied about conversations that never happened regarding their inability to fix the problem and about communication efforts.

Description of Work
Repair a dishwasher

02/15/2021

Mark D.

Here’s my experience with Mr.Appliance....on 2/11/20, I had a dryer heater and thermistor replaced in my dryer. $356.27. On 2/13/21, 367 days later, the same issues arise with the dryer. I emailed Mr. Appliance, 2/14/21, asking if there’s still a warranty on the parts. I’m told if I had called them on the 2/13/21, that was a Saturday by the way, they might could have done something but 48 hrs later was too late. The parts probably cost them $70.00. I was told they could come out and checked it again. Pretty hard to believe a company wouldn’t even try to make good on a repair that is just barely a year old over $70.00

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

01/15/2021

Loretta Y.

Almost 3 months later and still not repaired. They have been here 3 times with nearly $600.00 paid to date. He was here yesterday and said I needed another $340.00 part. So they were trying to charge me almost $1000.00 and no guarantee that problem would be solved. I called to talk with a manager but she was out to lunch so I left a message. "Someone" called back a few minutes later and after explaining my shock and disappointment, she said that parts fail. How convenient they failed bam bam bam in the spread of just over 2 months. Not customer friendly. This is a "racket!" Customer beware!!!!!

Description of Work
self-cleaning oven repair

11/18/2020

Stacy L.

Over a half dozen service calls and still never fixed the appliance. Poor technicians and even worse customer service. Very dishonest company. find any other repair company instead,

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

10/29/2020

Leslie T.

Very expensive, Insisted on payment upfront, No resolution to problem. Go to UTube instead, get same day part delivery and no need to miss work waiting endlessly. If you want repair done correctly, do it yourself.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

08/12/2019

Christine B.

Charged $270 to replace a lid switch on our washer. The part costs between $8 and $30, and they provided about 20 minutes of labor. No receipt given at time of payment. Nearly $100 fee just to diagnose the problem so you're already out of luck by the time the tech gets in your door. Called and spoke to people in the local office twice and they refused to do anything about this outrageous price. Claimed they spent $85 on the part, which is not credible and is far more than any price I found. Do NOT use these crooks. I filed a BBB complaint against them and may even pursue legal action if they do not refund my money.

Description of Work
Replacement of washer lid switch

Category appliance repair

We stock all of our vans with the most common parts, and we also warranty our repairs for one full year. We provide an up front quote to all customers so that they can decide whether they want to do the repairs, or pursue another avenue. So this customer was provided an up front quote, prior to doing any repairs. The customer opted to do the repairs, paid the technician the quoted amount, and signed the authorization form. Since the part was readily available on our van, the technician was able to complete the repairs at the time of the initial service call. If the customer wanted to change this, they only needed to tell the technician, prior to him installing any parts. We are a national franchise governed by proven successful policies, and procedures. Operating above the line in all aspects of our business.

02/13/2018

Steve B.

It started out well, however once the tech came out and diagnosed the problem the service declined. The tech arrived promptly, diagnosed my stove and told me it was working fine. As soon as he left I tested it myself and it wasn’t working. He returned and determined that I needed a new circuit board. I was charged $89. For service call and $237.65 for the part. The tech indicated on his invoice that he installed the new part. It was never installed! A week later Mr. appliance called me to cancel my install appt. and said they did not have the part yet. A week passes, and the part still isn’t available. I call to complain and was told the part was on back order with manufacturer and they could not give me a definite update. It has been a month! So here I am $326.65 dollars later, no part, no updates, no stove!

Description of Work
LG stove top not working properly

08/24/2017

Robin H.

Technician was prompt and courteous but he did no more to diagnose my drain problem than I did. Pushed a few buttons on the washer to replicate the issue and then said my drain motor was burnt out. Never checked the hoses or the actual drain to see if there was a clog. Then he gave me an estimate to repair. When I asked him to separate the quote into parts and labor I found he was charging nearly $80 for a part I could get online for $18. I asked if I could provide the part. He said I could but it would be several weeks before they could come back. So I paid the $90 service call fee and sent him on his way BTW the entire repair charge was $259. A bit excessive since I bought a brand new unit for $549.

Description of Work
Clothes washer wouldn't drain

06/21/2017

Kelly A.

Return trip was required because parts were needed. All went fine.

Description of Work
Oven repair

06/19/2017

Jim P.

No problems

Description of Work
Cooler panel in refridgerator

04/12/2017

Chris C.

The Tech was able to diagnose the problem and replace the faulty part.

Description of Work
My freezer had stopped freezing.

09/23/2015

Elizabeth P.

Description of Work
Mr appliance fixed my microwave. He worked until he solved the problem and also gave advise about how to avoid the problem in the future.

09/23/2015

David D.

Description of Work
Good job. Very meticulous.

09/29/2014

Jeanne J.

He was polite and did his job. He came in for a diagnosis and he told me that replacing parts will not stay longer because the main computer is down. He was honest to tell me that. He responded well and was very professional. It is easier to schedule. You can schedule online and he was prompt.

Description of Work
I had him to check my washing machine.

03/24/2014

Sharlyn B.

I received absolute wonderful service from the technician. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They repaired a microwave door and also a power switch on a separate occasion.