Model Construction & Supply Co

Founded 1953 • With Angi since December 2012

PO Box 11093, 3045 Sutherland Ave

Knoxville, TN 37919

We are Celebrating our 61st Year of Improving East Tennessee's Finest Homes & Businesses. And We are Family Owned and Operated by Three Generations of the Settlemyer Family....

08/05/2017

Duane M.

We made a deposit on June 30th. Explained that we'd need to give a 30-day notice to my mom's ALF. Kent assured us that he could start in a couple of weeks and it'd take about 3 weeks to finish. Today, Aug. 5, is the end of my Mom's 30 day notice and all we have are studs for walls and holes in the floor. The first picture uploaded is from July 21, 2017. The second picture uploaded is from August 5, 2017. Not much progress.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel for my handicap mother.

Category contractors, drywall, plumbing, remodeling

12/09/2015

Clifton J.

12/26/2014

TIM M.

I called Model Construction and left a message for the owner, Kent, to call me. That afternoon he promptly called and scheduled a time to come by and submit an estimate. While I was at work, the day scheduled for the estimate, Kent stopped by and quickly e-mailed an estimate. After deciding the estimate was fair I e-mailed a response and told Kent to go ahead and schedule the job. He gave me a two day window with the dates he would have his crew available to do the job. He asked for a deposit with an agreement to pay the rest at time of completion. I asked Kent to meet with me and I would give him the deposit in person. He had no problem doing that and we met, signed the paperwork and I gave him a check. I left for work the next day and while I was away Kent had his crew install the new roof. When I arrived home that afternoon the only evidence that anyone had been there was my new roof. Very good job matching shingles and cleaning up after the job. Less than a week later we had major rain showers and there were no signs of any leaks.

Description of Work
Installed new roofing on back half of roof/

12/13/2014

Stephen B.

Initial visit for estimate was same day I called, professional appearance , knowledgable and good explanation of the problem and plan to fix it. Provided written contract addressing details of job, price, and guarantee. Job was completed in one day. Excellent clean-up and excellent appearance of the work. For all of the above reasons this makes me feel confident that the work was done correctly. A lot of the work done in remodeling/ construction cannot be seen, Ken's company has been in Knoxville for three generations and he impressed me that he is really interested in the quality of his work.

Description of Work
Built a cricket on an existing home/chimney.

Category remodeling, roofing

10/16/2014

Edwin R.

Working with Model is a great experience. We had used them for smaller projects before; I had had them bid on something in the late '80s but in the last 10 yrs or so we have used them often and many of our friends have as well. I have heard no adverse reports and we had a great friend and ally in this complicated and stressful rebuilding year. The management is very professional, experienced and super-responsive and responsible. Their workers are top notch in terms of quality and helpfulness. When accidental mistakes were made (for example, the wrong decking material was ordered), Model corrected the problem immediately and the final result is a great house like we wanted and built well and soundly. They have been in business for many years in the same location; you know where they are and can count on excellent work done responsively and with the highest quality. When it came time to select a contractor, we knew we wanted Model and we feel our choice was perfect.

Description of Work
Demolished burned down house, redid footers and foundations, and rebuilt new house

Category concrete repair, decks, roofing, home builders

08/19/2014

Cherylan H.

We own this house in Knoxville, but we live in Ohio. I called Kent, and he immediately went out to take a look. Due to a near by pine tree, whose needles fall on roof, three truss ends and four plywood pieces had rotted, and shingles in this area needed to be replaced.. He called me the next day with details and estimate. He told me the rest of the roof was in good condition. He started the work the day following our agreement and even had his crew trim the tree back a little. It looks great, job well done and finished quickly during this wet season. His price was good and I really liked how quickly he got his crew started. I would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Repaired roof where three trusses had rotted at ends due to pine needles falling on roof.

Category contractors, roofing, tree service

07/30/2014

Michael Y.

M roof is relatively new. I had a complete roof replacement two years ago. Fortunately, I upgraded to the 35 year roof and even after a hail storm, hail the size of golf balls, my roof was OK.(WHICH TO ME IS TERRIFIC NEWS) Kent came out, was on time, and very professional. I will call on him when I need help.

Description of Work
Inspect my roof

05/27/2014

Robert N.

. Two real nice guys showed up on the scheduled day. They only removed the half of the roof that they would be able to tar paper should it rain. Same scenario on day two. A considerable amount wood needed to be replaced along the ridge vent both sides. Day three was a complete rebuild of the chimney chase (surround) and area cleanup. On the fourth day the painters arrived to paint the chase. It really was a beautiful job, middle price of three estimates. The other two did not include to do any work other than roofing. One said the chase would probably be about 400.00, yah, when pigs fly. I was really impressed with how well these guys worked together. I would use this company any if I have any more work to do..

Description of Work
contracted for a complete roofing job and a total rebuild of large chimney chase.

Category roofing, chimney repair

10/21/2013

jenny M.

The gentleman in charge of the business was always 100% honest, fair about money, responsive to all problems, and extremely polite. A real old school gent. However the people he had working for him were not always competent and there were a few problems. Because of the demand for new roofs etc at that time b/c the storm extra labor was taken on. There was a problem with the new roof leaking into the house for several weeks before the root problem was found and remedied. There was a problem with an awning which also took a very long time to get approximately right. They did keep coming back to try to get things right but it was hard going for a couple of months at least. I don't remember how much money it cost--insurance paid for it.

Description of Work
Repaired damage from hail storm--new roof, gutters, etc

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing

10/15/2013

Randy H.

Not only did the contractor put on a new roof (in one day.) His workers hung an outside chandelier over our front door as well as trimmed trees dangerously close to power lines......- ALL AT NO CHARGE. This is what I am talking about above and beyond service! The contract was clean and contained no surprises. Contract was adhered to perfectly. We worked with Kent Settlemyer, who drove from Knoxville and out of his way to my workplace in Maryville, TN and seal the deal. This is another example of this company's "above and beyond" work ethic. We highly recommend Model Construction, we are very happy.

Description of Work
This is the most impressive contractor we have EVER worked with. The level of professionalism, timeliness, and "above and beyond" service. We will never use another!

Category roofing, tree service, outdoor lighting

08/22/2013

Bonnie L.

Everything went fine. I like the new look from the cheap builders to a really nice system. There were delays. I'm sure there were other emergencies that were beyond their control as well but we also had some weather issues too. They were good. With the inside work, their clean up people weren't very good about putting it exactly the way it was. We found paint chips because they had to shave some paint off the ceiling. I picked up some paint chips and they didn't clean up as good as what they said they would do. There was nothing I was totally dissatisfied, it was just that I wish they had been a little more detailed. I'm extremely detailed. I'm an engineer and I'm very picky. There were some things that I wish that they had been more diligent about but overall, they were good.

Description of Work
We used Model Construction & Supply Co. to replace our roof and then we had them repair some damage that happened inside due to the leak in the roof.

Category remodeling, roofing

07/22/2013

Belinda W.

Went great! Very quick response, very professional. Excellent clean-up. Very pleased.

Description of Work
New cricket on the front chimney area.

Category masonry, chimney repair

04/23/2013

Cheryl C.

I was very pleased. The day after I called they came out to measure the roof. A couple of days later Kent the owner came out to give me estimate. I explained I had been scammed by a roofer in the past and was very wary now. He worked with me to make sure I was comfortable. He ordered the shingles I wanted and when they came in a couple of weeks later his men came out by 8 am the next day and completed the roof by 2 pm. 2 days later we had a ton of rain and we had a leak in bathroom vent. I told Kent the next day and he had his men come fix it that afternoon.

Description of Work
Roof replacement. Old shingles removed. New felt underlay and shingles installed. Cleanup after job was completed.

Category handyman service, roofing

02/13/2013

Sandra R.

He has been very good. His price is fair, the workmanship is very good. He was very timely when he gave me a quote and his price was very very good. I would just say he had very good price, good quality and timely service. I had two estimates one was hundred dollars less than the other, and the other guy had actually fixed my new roof originally but he was very professional. Soon after I had a leaky toilet, so he immediately got a guy and fixed that. About the same time I had a big leak around the great big plate glass sun room window. He just got somebody by 9 o'clock the next morning and fixed that and at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
'Model Construction & Supply Co', did a drop ceiling for me last week in the basement, replaced one that was all messed up and then prepared another one. He packed a leaky roof for me and he replaced gutters in the house, in the studio building at the back of the house and installed better gutters.

Category drywall, gutter repair, handyman service, plumbing, roofing, replacement windows

01/17/2013

Larry T.

After the Hail storm in the spring of 2011, I called them for help as my rood was leaking. They arrived the next day and did a temporary repair on the roof and I asked him to put me on his list for a new roof. It took a number of months to get insurance clearances and approval but they started on the porch and roof as soon as possible. After a struggle, a match was found for my siding, and they completed the siding and gutters in Early September. Very professional and complete. The second job was a roof and gutters for my Sister-in-Law's after her roof started to leak. This was from the hail storm also, but after we got the financing worked out they completed the job very quickly. Again the jobs were professional and complete.

Description of Work
Repair of storm damage after hail storm in spring of 2011.

Category decks, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing

12/16/2012

John S.

See my comments above.

Description of Work
Model Construction, and Kent Settlemeyr specifically, did excellent work for me. From beginning to end, estimate to completion, Kent was professional, responsive and true to his word. I've used them several times, for exterior work, interior renovation and installation of a parking lot, and have always been satistied with their work. I can strongly recommend this company to anyone.

Category contractors, concrete repair, remodeling, woodworking, house painters

12/12/2012

Wayde W.

They sent a large team and were able to accomplish the entire project in just a few days. Loved this since it minimized the inconvenience. Seemed like they cleaned up nicely as well. The only downside where some marks on the side of the house (light color stucco) from shingles being tossed down during the tear off. Minor issue and they sent some guys back to try and clean if off. Wasn't perfect, but a good effort. We're fine with it. Everything looks great.

Description of Work
Model Construction replaced our roof and gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders specializes in custom Decks, Screen Rooms, Arbors, Docks, Under Deck dry ceilings, and Gazebos. Unlike a majority of companies offering deck services, we focus our business around our outdoor structures only, allowing us to perfect our trade with consistency, speed and efficiency. How can you be the greatest at what you do when you attempt several trades? We build beautiful outdoor structures 50 weeks a year, 5 days a week. Why only 5 days a week? How can you be passionate about your work without a personal life, without time for family? We do not expect you to believe in us, we expect you to believe real people in your community. Check out our reviews! Smoky Mountain Deck Builders

Offers by Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC on Angi
    The Plumbing Authority, Inc.

Make Stressful Plumbing Problems Disappear!! Plumbing problems are frustrating and stressful! The Plumbing Authority provides dependable plumbing solutions. We send licensed plumbers to your home so you can relax knowing your problem is solved. At The Plumbing Authority we know that you want to be able to relax and not deal with plumbing problems. Undependable plumbing causes you stress and frustration. You deserve to enjoy your home without worrying about your plumbing. We don’t just care about plumbing. We care about you and your home. We’ve helped thousands of homeowners solve their plumbing problems for over 25 years. Don’t let unexpected plumbing issues ruin your day. Instead find relief when you call or schedule online and let us help you get comfort back in your home

Offers by The Plumbing Authority, Inc. on Angi
    Mr. Electric Of Tri Cities

Mr. Electric is a locally owned franchise serving the East Tennessee cities of Tri-Cities, Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville, as well as communities in between. As full-service electricians, we can handle all your electrical needs from complete panel changes and home re-wiring to electrical systems for outdoor living spaces and boat docks. Need fixtures installed? We’ve got it. Installing a hot tub or pool? We can help. Call us to set up an appointment for a service technician to evaluate your situation and give you a quote. *We offer 10% for all military* *Fees for quote waived with contracted work. After-hours emergency service is available. At Mr. Electric we have the power to make things better!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential and Commercial Roof Installation, New Home Construction, Remodeling, Sunrooms, Kitchens, Screened Porches, Gutters and Premium Vinyl Siding, Bathrooms, Window & Door replacement, Cabinetry, Trim Work