We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc.

Founded 1982 • With Angi since July 2006

7233 Oak Ridge Hwy.

Knoxville, TN 37931

Established in 1982, Lloyd's Electric Service has grown into one of the top electrical contractor companies in the region. Our company offers residential, commercial and industrial electric services, alternative energy solutions, preventative maintenance, and fiber optics installations. Our commitment to our customers and community is apparent through our efficient and high quality work. During our storied history,we have become experienced in a broad range of markets....

10/15/2020

Chad R.

It was excellent. They came out and went above and beyond on their work.

Description of Work
They did a annual maintenance service on generator and performed the repair.

Category generator service

05/16/2019

Cindy L.

The workmen showed up at the appropriate time and completed the work that day. They were very professional and competent. We were pleased with the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Replaced electric panel

07/18/2018

Shimika C.

We had outlets stop working the previous night. The light fixtures were still working so we concluded that we needed to hire an electrician to quickly find and replace the cause of the issue. I found Lloyd's here on Angie's List and read through several reviews. I called just before 10am about getting on today's schedule; they took my info and informed me the Service Mgr would return my call. He called and said they could be to my house within the hour. Sam and Andy arrived as stated and quickly determined the problem. It turned out that a neutral wire was not properly connected and upon physical examination it sparked and burnt the outlet up. Sam replaced it with a new outlet, wrote my invoice and they went on their way. I was back in business within 3 hours from the time I placed the call this morning!! Sam and Andy were professional and personable towards me, which I really appreciate! I don't write reviews as often as I should, however, I'm trying to get better at it, because I use reviews to decide whom I use. Based on my experience with their customer service, I would rehire Lloyd's Electric Service and can confidently recommend them. I do not have an invoice because they mail them.

Description of Work
Diagnose/repair the cause of outlets not working in upstairs room and attic

03/01/2018

Valerie W.

I called and spoke to Brian Lloyd. I have a 100 year-old home and was concerned about how our breakers flip off when running appliances, and about how too much of the house ran off what seemed to be one circuit. I wanted the house gone over to see what should be done to make it safe, and I also needed more outlets, and many old wall heaters removed (one in every room). So phase I was to inspect and to make some safety corrections. Lloyd's grounded our wiring at the box and put labels in because ours were labeled all wrong. They traced out each wall heater thru the house and disconnected at the panel. They disconnected an old range feed that we don't use. They cleaned up old wire not being used in the basement. They also removed the old hot water heater feed and used one of the wall heater feeds to feed to the water heater instead. That cost around $760 total. Phase II was in the early summer, a very busy time for them, I think. It took a while to get this part scheduled--a matter of weeks, but this was a pretty big job. Brian had said he could transform the old wall heaters connectors into the extra electrical outlets I needed so we had new outlets in each room. Plus they added extras in my daughter's room, the bathroom and my bedroom per our request. They added a dedicated receptacle for the dishwasher in the kitchen as well. Also, I was opening up the back porch to use as a laundry and needed a receptacle for the washer added there. We also had an old eyesore of a wired-in light over the sink removed. I bought my own light to replace it.. So we had pretty extensive work done. That part took up most of a day and ended up costing me around $1,400 after a discount. Brian Lloyd came in at the beginning to talk to me again and to set up a plan, and then supervised everything to make sure it was done right. He was so conscientious and just really understanding and so very careful to make sure this old house was finally safe. A good man and a good company. I never want to use another electrical company.

Description of Work
safety issues; also needed more electrical outlets

Category electrician, lighting

08/16/2017

Chris H.

Service techs called 1 hr before arriving to ensure their services were still needed and establish a time frame. They called again when 10 minutes away to confirm their arrival. They quickly determined that a 30-amp breaker was plugged in a 20-amp spot which allowed the surge to occur but not properly trip the breaker. They replaced the breaker in question, the damaged outlet and the washing machine cord. They even asked which color the outlet cover was so as to maintain matching colors. They were courteous and professional, they asked simple questions to diagnose the issue and listened intently to gain an accurate view of the whole picture. They remained on site long enough after completing their work to ensure all outlets, appliances and lights on the affected circuit were in proper working order. They took 2 hours total, including a trip to Lowe's for replacement parts. Bill asrived in mail roughly 2 weeks after service: $150 for labor, $18 for parts.

Description of Work
Circuit surge during a storm caused breaker to attempt to trip, which fried an outlet upon trying to reset breaker. This also fried the electrical plug of a washing machine.

07/11/2017

Steven M.

The guy that came out was very young and seemed inexperienced.

Description of Work
Upgrade electrical service

07/03/2017

Mark P.

They were very professional and worked hard to make sure my mother, who is 84 was very comfortable with all aspects of the installation great communication and professionalism.

Description of Work
Needed a generator to be installed,

12/26/2016

Jonathan A.

Repair was quick and professionally done. Had several good conversations about the problem and how he fixed it. I even tried to tip him since I was so pleased with the service but he refused to accept and stated I would receive a bill later for the repairs.

Description of Work
Repair outdoor electrical outlets. Power surges had burnt out one of the GFCI outlets.

09/19/2016

Chris R.

Tech came out for estimate and was able to track down issue and fix all in the same visit for a reasonable amount.

Description of Work
Wiring Gremlins

04/14/2016

Jeanette L.

Very professional company; always friendly, informative and punctual.

Description of Work
Removed old generator. Provided good suggestions about level of new generator. Installed new generator.

02/28/2016

Heather E.

The entire process took two months due to weather, contractor, and customer reasons but was performed exceptionally well with excellent communication throughout the process. Jay initially met with me and determined my home needed the largest air-cooled generator available (a Generac though I was initially certain I wanted a Kohler) with four wireless Load Control Modules. He was so knowledgable compared to the first two representatives from other companies that he convinced me to get a Generac. His crew started by pouring a concrete pad. When it had cured, they completed a difficult installation of the 500 lb plus generator on a steep slope, hooking in to my propane line and installing the 100 amp automatic transfer switch. The ATS was initially wired incorrectly and did not include many of the areas of my house that needed to be covered but this was easily rectified on another day. I elected to get Mobile Link to get texts and emails that update me to the generator's status. We have had no power outages yet but the generator exercises smoothly once a week and when I simulated a power outage by turning off the main circuit the generator came on flawlessly. I highly recommend Lloyd's Electric and Jay lloyd. The whole project was expensive but was in line with the other two estimates I received but there was no question who I trusted to complete the task.

Description of Work
Installed a 22 kW Generac generator

02/18/2016

David W.

These guys did great work. Brian figured out an elegant way to bury the conduit that disturbed as little ground as possible. They came out quickly and on time and got the job finished in less time than I expected. I normally do all of my own work around the house and I'm very picky about it. I had to hire an electrician for the job because it needed to be completed before I could get to it myself and I wanted an expert's opinion on a few aspects. They did an awesome job and their attention to detail is great. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Absolutely A+++

Description of Work
Installed a long 220v power run for a spa that had to be partially buried and was on the opposite side of the house from the breaker box.

12/08/2015

Carol Sue P.

Excellent. Very thorough, professional crew, provided services we weren't even were an option. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Description of Work
Installed Generac 22K for whole house.

11/23/2015

Cathy P.

I was referred to Lloyd's Electric though my HVAC provider and met with Jay Lloyd in early October regarding the installation of a backup generator at our home. He did a thorough evaluation at my home and sent 3 different proposals within a day. After we accepted the proposal for the whole house generator, he applied for a permit while we upgraded the meter to accommodate the generator. They started work about a month later and it was completed within three days. Without exception the crew was prompt professional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Install a whole house generator

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, generator service

11/21/2015

Steve M.

Jay Lloyd came to our home and we discussed our generator needs. He ask us a series of questions to determine the size required to meet our needs. He was very thorough explaining the process and options. They are licensed dealers for Generac and also specially trained to install, do maintainance, and repair the units. We wouldn't want anyone else to install the unit unless they were specially trained to handle it all. There was no high pressure sales in the process. Very comfortable experience. There was a contract we signed detailing what we agreed to purchase and the cost involved. We added a cold weather kit to ensure the generator will start if necessary in low temperatures. We added mobile link which notifies us on our cell phones when it performs its weekly testing. You can either be notified by email or text. It will also notify us if there are any problem or maintenance required with the generator. Lloyd's electric is also notified. Added security and peace of mind. They estimated approximately 3 weeks out before installation. They were installing approximately 4 generators a week at the time. The installation went very smoothly. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. They were also careful to take their shoes off when coming inside. Everything was cleaned up when the project was complete. They made sure to ask if we had any questions before leaving. The project took 2 days. They arrived on time each day. During the experience they handled contacting the gas department at LCUB to ensure we had an adequate sized existing gas meter. We did need a larger meter and they coordinated the timing with LCUB for the switching out of meters. Fortunately there was no added expense by LCUB for switching out the meter for a larger one. I guess they figure they will make more money by us using more gas. They also handled the required inspection by the county of the additional wiring involved for approval before testing of unit. Jay returned the next week to go over all aspects of the unit and its function. Ran a test while we were at the unit outside. Made sure to answer any questions we might have and even gave us a gift as a thank you for our business. Jay is very professional and a calm spirited person. We couldn't be happier with the whole process. We intend to use them in the future for our other electrical and heating and cooling needs. Thanks Lloyd's Electric, we appreciated your staff and wonderful work ethic they showed.

Description of Work
Installed 22KW Natural Gas Generac Generator. The unit itself was approximately $4,800. The rest was added features we added plus wiring materials and labor.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, generator service

10/21/2015

CHRISTINA M.

We have used them in the past, and were very satisfied. They were very professional, knowledgeable and very polite. Will use them for future needs.

Description of Work
Replaced breakers.

10/05/2015

Shirley H.

Went very well. Very competent electricians.

Description of Work
Replaced two balasts and installed additional outlet in sunroom with wire mold.

08/02/2015

Richard C.

Someone was at the house the same day I called, evaluated the situation and provided options with relative costs. They lined up the work to be performed the following day. Workers arrived when they said they would be there. It took several hours for two men to hand dig next to the road to locate the electrical lines and most of the labor charge was for them to dig the hold. I was disappointed to see they charged an hour for each worker while they ate lunch in their truck waiting for the utility company to come and turn the power back on. I didn't dispute the work hours or charge because I appreciated them coming out so quickly and getting the power back on while the ground was snow-covered.

Description of Work
Dug 4.5' hole by road and spliced two underground electrical lines from the transformer to the house.

06/07/2015

James F.

Jay and his crew installed a Generac whole house generator. They performed all the connections to our propane tank and worked with LCUB to install the main box out front near the meter. Everything was neat and professional and completed in a timely manner. They went over all operations with us before leaving. We use Lloyd's for all electrical work on our property and have always been completely satisfied with the work they perform.

Description of Work
Install Generac generator.

06/07/2015

James F.

We have used Lloyd's many times since we moved to Knoxville. They are the best! They are very skilled, knowledgeable, and professional. Their work is top quality and they always make sure we are completely satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Reconfigure wiring, test circuits, add outlet.

10/03/2014

Deborah W.

Jay and his staff are well qualified and trained to install generators. They first rerouted my two electric meters into one service. They were very knowledgeable about the generic generator they installed for me. It didn't take but three days and it was up and running. One of his staff saw that a sub contractor had put an L joint going into the generator at a ninth degree angle he alerted me to call that contractor back to make the gas. Line go into the generator on a straight pipe. This was an important change that he brought to my attention. I would use them again and they are who I am to call should I ever have a problem.

Description of Work
Installed a generic generator.

05/12/2014

Kathy B.

I called the morning after lightening had struck a tree near my house. The lightening traveled through the roots and blew out a outlet in a bedroom, sparks shot out of outlet, breakers tripped. A few hours later, the electrician arrived, examined the damage, tested the circuit and replaced the damaged outlet. I was so pleased that they were able to get to my house so promptly, took care of the problem and were very pleasant and courteous. I would not hesitate to call them again for electrical needs.

Description of Work
Checked and replaced outlet that had been damaged by lightening

08/27/2013

CHRISTINA M.

They were just so efficient and so professional that I'm going to use them at my house.

Description of Work
Lloyds Electric put a new ground wire in my grandmother's house and made sure that all of her electrical lines were safe.

07/15/2013

Valerie W.

Called Lloyd's around 5-6 am Monday and they came out THAT morning and fixed everything, including installing a new I-bolt through the attic, ran new 4/0 4/0 2/0 up to new weatherhead. They were pleasant, professional and very quick. They called KUB for reconnection when done so I didn't have to. Got my power back on late in the afternoon without losing any refrigerated items. No estimate, but I didn't ask until they were already working, and the guy looked at his figures and gave me a reasonable figure. The bill was actually less than what he'd said. I'll definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Storm pulled riser off house on Monday around 2:00 am, broke our meter, so needless to say we had no electricity.

06/10/2013

Kenton Y.

Fantastic work! On time and totally professional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced old fuse box with a new breaker box and main line and meter.

Mr. Electric Of Tri Cities

Mr. Electric is a locally owned franchise serving the East Tennessee cities of Tri-Cities, Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville, as well as communities in between. As full-service electricians, we can handle all your electrical needs from complete panel changes and home re-wiring to electrical systems for outdoor living spaces and boat docks. Need fixtures installed? We’ve got it. Installing a hot tub or pool? We can help. Call us to set up an appointment for a service technician to evaluate your situation and give you a quote. *We offer 10% for all military* *Fees for quote waived with contracted work. After-hours emergency service is available. At Mr. Electric we have the power to make things better!

The Plumbing Authority, Inc.

Make Stressful Plumbing Problems Disappear!! Plumbing problems are frustrating and stressful! The Plumbing Authority provides dependable plumbing solutions. We send licensed plumbers to your home so you can relax knowing your problem is solved. At The Plumbing Authority we know that you want to be able to relax and not deal with plumbing problems. Undependable plumbing causes you stress and frustration. You deserve to enjoy your home without worrying about your plumbing. We don’t just care about plumbing. We care about you and your home. We’ve helped thousands of homeowners solve their plumbing problems for over 25 years. Don’t let unexpected plumbing issues ruin your day. Instead find relief when you call or schedule online and let us help you get comfort back in your home

Offers by The Plumbing Authority, Inc. on Angi
    East Tennessee Electric LLC

Specializing in ELECTRICAL SERVICES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Tennessee
    Tennessee: General
    03/31/2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc.

How is Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. overall rated?

Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. open?

Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. provide

Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Does Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc.?

Yes, Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offer?

Lloyd's Electric Service, Inc. offers the following services: Commercial, industrial, residential electrical work, standby emergency generators, voice/data, pole lighting & electrical renovation, underwater installation or repair, installation of interior lighting, timer & dimmer features, exterior lighting, landscape lighting, lighting around a hot tub, exterior holiday lighting & standby generators.