Letterman & Sons

Knoxville, TN 37919

Home Improvement Contractor....

01/28/2015

RUBY H.

Description of Work
We have enjoyed getting to know John, Joey, Nick and Matt as they have worked on renovating our sixty year old home. John is a perfectionist who goes about his work in a very professional, thorough, and timely manner. He arrives when he is scheduled and never leaves before the house is as clean as it was when he arrived. Letterman and Sons has replaced an entry door, built a closet, and repaired a number of items during this process. We appreciate John, Joey, Nick and Matt.

Category insulation, woodworking

01/27/2015

sharon J.

Mr. Letterman & his son were on time and worked continually until done. Excellent work! Will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Installed screen on back porch using screen tight, removed garage door entry, installed new door and replaced a return air grill.

Category handyman service

12/23/2014

Susan L.

Joey and a helper arrived on time and completed the work in about 2-1/2 hrs. They removed the fiberglass from the ductwork but left a few water pipes. No problem, I took those out myself. Overall satisfied and have been referring them to others who need any home improvement work done.

Description of Work
Remove fiberglass insulation from crawlspace.

Category insulation, air duct cleaning

08/07/2014

Glenn E.

There's no bad experience. I had no complaints. I had no problem with them. They were good. That was one of those things that had to be done at a particular time period. We didn't have any problem with getting that done.

Description of Work
They cleaned the ducts.

Category air duct cleaning

06/23/2014

Michael R.

The work went as planned

Description of Work
Home weatherization services

05/05/2014

Christopher S.

That went well. They did a great job. They were good and professional. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I used the services of Letterman and Sons. They added a porch to my house.

Category decks

04/03/2014

James T.

The work that Letterman & Sons did and the overall interaction, we were quite happy with. They were very effective. They’re kind of a father and son team. It was a pretty quick and cooperative interaction. I actually recommended them to some individuals.

Description of Work
We used Letterman & Sons did for air ceiling and also some insulation.

02/24/2014

Michael W.

They were very good. They did an excellent job on the windows and they did a very good job on the ductwork. On both counts, they were very, very good and very neat. They were very timely and very responsive. I would recommend them. The price was pretty good. The windows were $2,000.

Description of Work
I used Letterman & Sons to put in a couple of windows in the den where there were no previous windows. They also did insulation/ductwork in the attic.

Category insulation, replacement windows

02/21/2014

Jan S.

They did an excellent job. They were on the TVA list. I was really satisfied with their work. It was a very good price.

Description of Work
I used Letterman & Sons to do the insulation on my roof.

02/21/2014

Dorothy B.

The service went fine. The son did the work and he has crew out here. They did an energy audit. I was pleased with them and they were a pleasure to work with. They were here about three or four days, they always showed up when they said they would and cleaned up after themselves. I was totally happy with them. He really seem what he was doing. He had a checklist, he kept careful note and he give me copies of things. They really cleaned up after themselves and they explained to me what they were doing each step. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Letterman & Sons added some insulation in the attic.

Penny B.

They did an excellent job and were punctual, cleaned up well after themselves and the work passed the TVA inspection, which was important because you need to have that to obtain the energy credit. They were helpful in providing the needed paperwork for this.

Description of Work
They installed insulation in my attic and they replaced the heating and air ducts underneath the house. They also installed a vapor seal barrier in my unfinished basement and installed weather stripping around doors and special insulation around my attic pull-down door.

Category handyman service, insulation, air duct cleaning, energy audit

Ginny H.

They were very nice and knowledgeable and did a good job. They were very professional and cleaned up well after themselves. I would recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
They provided insulation in the walls of an unfinished L-shaped room.

teresa H.

They installation went smoothly. The company did what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
They installed a window in our living room.

Category replacement windows

Sarah K.

They had also previously provided insulation under the house and in the attic. They were very reliable and did a good job. Specifically they were very neat and professional and showed up when they were supposed to and cleaned up well after themselves. Their prices seemed reasonable. They did a very good job on the railing and it looks very good.

Description of Work
They installed a hand railing on either side of the the front steps that runs up to our porch.

Category decks, handyman service, insulation, woodworking

Joan M.

They followed the TVA guidelines and redid our insulation. They also helped with insulating the outside of the house around the window seals and insulated the attic and the pull down door in the attic. They know a lot about where energy is lost. Since they’re involved with TVA and KUB, they helped us file the papwer for the $500 energy efficiency credit. They offer competitive and reasonable prices. The work passed the TVA inspection and I would highly recommend their services to others. We have noticed a drop in our energy bills. It’s important to note that not everyone is on the TVA list of acceptable contractors and they are. In fact, Joel keeps up with the latest in energy savings info by taking the classes with TVA.

Description of Work
They provided insulation and updated various items around the house to makes them more energy efficient.

Category insulation, replacement windows, energy audit

09/20/2013

Sydney D.

I had a TVA in-home energy evaluation done and was told that I needed to add extra insulation in my attic and also have some air sealing and duct sealing done at the same time. The energy advisor gave me a list of approved contractors that participated in their program and advised me to get several estimates for the work that needed to be done. The first thing I did was to check to see which of those was on Angie's List. Then I chose three of those based on their good reviews (or lack of bad reviews) from prior customers. One of the three was Letterman & Sons. I called their number and got the voicemail of Joey Letterman saying that he was not available at the moment but to leave a message and he would return my call. I left a message with my name and number and what I needed to be done and requested that he call me back to set up an appointment for an estimate. I can understand that a provider might be busy and can't talk at the moment so I was patient. I called at 10:45 in the morning on 9/19. Twenty-four hours later I still have not even received the courtesy of a return phone call. The other two that I called either answered the phone right away or returned my call within 1/2 hour. I guess Letterman & Sons doesn't need the business so I scratched them from my list.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category energy audit

Mr. (member name removed) , Please accept my apology for the delay in returning your phone. It was not my intention to ignore or to simply disregard your voicemail. As I indicated to you when I returned your call on Monday morning (9/23), I was simply out of the office the week before and forgot to leave an extended absence greeting on my voicemail. I understand your frustration in not receiving a returned call in a timely manner; we are a small family owned and operated business without an office staff and are currently working to improve this matter. Thank you for your consideration.

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders specializes in custom Decks, Screen Rooms, Arbors, Docks, Under Deck dry ceilings, and Gazebos. Unlike a majority of companies offering deck services, we focus our business around our outdoor structures only, allowing us to perfect our trade with consistency, speed and efficiency. How can you be the greatest at what you do when you attempt several trades? We build beautiful outdoor structures 50 weeks a year, 5 days a week. Why only 5 days a week? How can you be passionate about your work without a personal life, without time for family? We do not expect you to believe in us, we expect you to believe real people in your community. Check out our reviews! Smoky Mountain Deck Builders

Offers by Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC on Angi
    Wagner & Luck LLC

Wagner and Luck LLC is a professional and reliable residential general contractor. We provide the best experience for our customers and their homes.

Painter1 of Knoxville

Painter1 of Knoxville is a locally/owner/family run and operated company with over 20 years experience. We are your one stop spot for all of your painting needs. We specialize in painting most any paintable substrate in your home or business. We are extremely competitive and understand the value of building a relationship with our customers. Our projects are always clean, on time, and on budget. We will go to all lengths to please our clients every needs.

Home Improvement.