LAWN BUTLER

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2010

1815 Jackson Rd

Knoxville, TN 37921

Since our founding in 1998, Lawn Butler has prided itself on ethical business practices. All workers are paid with a payroll check, including appropriate withholdings for income taxes, Social Security taxes, and Medicare taxes. Lawn Butler pays worker’s compensation insurance and unemployment insurance. We provide and require all employees to wear a uniform. We carry a two million dollar business liability insurance and are a registered member of the Professional Landcare Network. Our company is debt free and incredibly stable. We have over 25 employees. We are a business that operates ethically and strives to portray a business that cares about its employees as much as its customers, because without either, we would not be in business. If you cant trust the butler than who can you trust?...

02/14/2022

melissa S.

Excellent in every way. This was a difficult job - removing an existing retaining wall and rebuilding it with stone blocks in a long, narrow area behind our house. Included the installation of wall lights and steps from lower to upper yard. Lawn Butler provided the required skill at a reasonable cost with great customer service. They also do a great job maintaining out lawn!

Description of Work
stone retaining wall

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

07/08/2019

Wendie L.

6/5 & 6/18/2019 The bedding maintenance crew, Amy and her helpers, are outstanding! Amy is careful to listen and implement my requests. She is great at troubleshooting issues as well. I have a butterfly garden and extensive complicated perennial beds. Amy and her helpers perpetually go above and beyond in their work to keep the beds looking their best. Well worth the $30 each for each visit. 6/20/2019 - The mulching crew did an excellent job on my yard! The back beds are difficult to access. The crew hauled individual wheel barrow loads to all the areas and raked out the mulch being careful to avoid smothering my perennials. It made the entire yard beautiful. $508 for a solid layer of mulch installed on extensive flower beds. I found the price reasonable. I paid close to that amount when I had mulch delivered and installed it myself.

Description of Work
Lawn & Bed Maintenance

04/24/2019

Ronald W.

Lawn Butler did a good job. As advertised. Solid company.

Description of Work
Aeration of rather large yard.

06/16/2018

Nancy W.

When they blow in mulch, it looks better than most mulch jobs. It is hard to get them to promise to blow it in. The time before, they showed up with a crew who spread it with the usual tools. They worked hard, but didn’t use as much mulch and it didn’t look as good.

Description of Work
Mulch- we have a lot

Category lawn service, mulch

04/17/2018

Cathy G.

I’ve hired several lawn services over the years to mulch the extensive landscape/flower beds at my home and I’ve never been happy with the work. Every time it seems there were issues causing my dissatisfaction- the mulch is laid too thick or too thin, not placed well under the plants, ground cover often smothered, plants damaged, edges messy, etc. Many times I’ve just opted to do it myself so that it’s done well despite the hard work and use of time. But this time, we called Lawn Butler. WOW! They did very impressive work!! They came just a few days after contacted, arrived promptly, worked quickly, and did a beautiful job on the mulch!! The mulch is laid evenly, nicely placed under the plants, care taken not to smother out ground cover, and bed edges perfectly rounded and groomed away from grass edge. Then when they finished, they used a blower to clean up any mulch dropped on walkways and drive. AND, they took a garden hose and gently sprayed the gardens with water to rinse any residual mulch off the flowers and bush leaves. It looks immaculate!! Absolutely the best mulching work I’ve ever seen!! I HIGHLY recommend Lawn Butler and will always call them for my mulching in the future.

Description of Work
Old “Monkey grass” trimmed and landscape/flower beds mulched

Category lawn service, mulch

07/18/2017

Kevin K.

7/14 @ 9:41 a.m. Spoke with Kelly Corum on the phone and scheduled a consultation for 7/18 at 10 a.m. 7/18 @ 9:55 a.m. Kelly arrived. We walked the property, discussed a gameplan, and went over options. Left at 10:43 a.m. Very courteous, honest, professional, and timely. Knowledgeable about the issues at hand, and, furthermore, he didn't blab about things he is not well-versed in. Rather, he is actually sending another employee with a different specialty sometime next week to discuss more irrigation related issues. Very pleased with the humility and dedication to provide the best service possible. All of this at no charge. Final thoughts: A+

Description of Work
Consultation on installation of irrigation system, placement of sod, and fertilization/treatment.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

04/12/2017

Debi G.

they came out and sprayed for weeds and the weeds are dying

Description of Work
Weed and Feed

11/19/2016

Jack M.

Excellent work. They did everything extremely well, cleaned up after themselves, and were a pleasure to work with. Strongly recommeded.

Description of Work
Lawn Butler did a considerable amount of mulching, added river rock border around the foundation, trenched and installed drain pipes with pop-ups for the downspouts, moved flagstone to a new area behind the house.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

08/08/2016

David T.

He is a good guy.

Description of Work
I use Gary Butler. I call him as needed.

Category landscaping

07/10/2016

Rick L.

Lawn Butler responded to my request quickly and found time in their schedule to do the necessary repair earlier then thought possible. Technician was excellent - great guy! I will definitely will use Lawn Butler in the future.

Description of Work
Sprinkler valve issue

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

05/04/2016

Daniel P.

10/29/2015

Abbie M.

Description of Work
Put in a retaining wall and steps. Excellent work. On time, always punctual and courteous. Did what they said they would.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

10/28/2015

Beth A.

They were great in every way. They were very responsive, and they helped plan everything with us. Everything looks beautiful. When there was area's where they did damage to the grass during the installation they even replanted with new grass.

Description of Work
Lawn Butler (hardscapes division) put in a beautiful walkway and wall to the entrance of our home. They also put in a very nice patio and built a retaining wall to replace a railroad-tie wall.

Category hardscaping

10/27/2015

Hannelore P.

Description of Work
I had yardwork done and everything looked perfect. The crew was very professional and the cleanup was done to perfection. | |

04/10/2015

Keith G.

Description of Work
The cut grass, fertilize lawn, keep up with flower beds, remove leaves. If the past they have also planted flowers/shrubs.

Category landscaping, lawn service

03/26/2015

Denise P.

They were very good. There were no problems at all. They did a very good job. They were always on time and did it when they said would do it. They kept it very clean and neat. We are not actually using them anymore because we sold our lot. We would use them again in the future if need be.

Description of Work
We have had them for several years for a lot that we had and they took care of maintaining our lot until we sold it.

03/24/2015

Tracey A.

Very well. No dislikes with the service provider.

Description of Work
They did the irrigation system(winterized).

Category irrigation systems

12/26/2014

Dora O.

The guys did a spectacular job and spent a lot of time for the small amount of money that I paid. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Cleaned up leaves

06/17/2014

Paula K.

I've been using them for about a year and now I'm about to try somebody new. I spent about $250 a month. They're kind of expensive and I think for the quality of what they do it's not worth it. They have great customer service, when you call them they tell you great things, but the poeple who come out are nothing like the people you talk to on the phone.

Description of Work
I use Lawn Butler every 2 weeks for my basic lawn care; fertilization, mowing and weed control.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

As I stated in our previous phone conversation, I am sorry you were not satisfied with our services. We discussed how you were surprised at charges on your bill for work you asked us to perform that was outside of your contract. Since we did not convey that the work would incur additional charges to you, we removed those charges after you brought it to our attention. We take enormous pride in building a strong team with great people who we train well. The overwhelming majority of the feedback we receive on our team is extremely positive. We wish you well.

04/09/2014

Traci L.

The employees were great. Very courteous and worked very hard.

Description of Work
Installed irrigation system. Graded back yard leveling it and installed 8 pallets of sod.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

10/30/2013

Debbie B.

Professional. Did a great job on our yard.

Description of Work
Provided lawn mowing, weed eating and edging.

04/20/2013

caren G.

Our most recent project was completed on time and on budget.

Description of Work
I have used the Lawn Butler and Mulch Butler for over ten years and have found the service to be very reputable and reliable. They have done many landscaping projects for us and most recently completed work on an elevated garden bed that we can't wait to plant. They offer a year round service that we have found to be very useful. I recommend the Lawn Butler without reservation!

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, hardscaping

04/02/2013

Theresa C.

I started using Lawn Butler about a year ago when I noticed how consistently they serviced my neighbors yard so I asked them for a quote in hopes of consolidating 2 other services I was using for weed control and for irrigation. Their prices were right in line with competitors. The owner was super responsive and emailed me a quote within the day of what each service broke out to so I could pick and choose what worked for me. They were very flexible and have remained so since I don't like having big ticket items like Mulch or seeding automatically put on my bill. I can do things like that at my discretion. I have been very pleased with my service. I always appreciate their quick response time since I've found competitors lacking in that area.

Description of Work
spring/ winter cleanup annual install tree/shrub pruning Hedge trimming Pre-emergent in Beds turf care bed maintenance

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

03/26/2012

DAWN C.

They do a good job mowing the lawn but I am not terribly impressed with the weed control.

Description of Work
I use the for lawn care.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

09/22/2011

Wes K.

They were very good. They did great work and they were punctual. I pay them $75 to come out once a month. I recently paid them about $1,000 to come out and clean up the mess from last year. They spent three days; it was heavy labor. They removed the weeds, cleaned the edging and the mulch bed. There was a massive undergrowth that had developed. They did a good job. I do not think they were overpriced. The only problem I have is that they do not give me an exact date when they will show up. They come out after a couple of weeks once they come out once. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Lawn Butler, a few days ago. They cleaned mulch beds at that time. They also removed the leaves and cleaned the edging.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Landscape Services By Sean Harris

Small, American owned landscape service company. Providing service in Knoxville, Tennessee and the surrounding counties. Licensed and insured. Down payment of half is due at beginning of any installations. Balance then due upon satisfaction of completion of job. Maintenance and some services are billed at an hourly rate, unless previously agreed upon. Please allow 4-6 weeks for scheduling. Military and Senior discounts upon request.

Top Notch Service, Inc.

We specialize in excavating, leveling, dump truck hauling , gen. Yard leveling , drainage. ( for driveway). Etc. footers and more! Stone, gravel or sod delivered and leveled. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, ( striving to please, the lord).! while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

GC Construction Company

Specializing in CONCRETE AND MASONRY SERVICES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Commercial landscape maintenance Resdedential landscape maintenance Mulch blowing Playground chip installation Landscape installation Hardscape installation: Paver driveways and patios, outdoor living areas, and retaining walls. Irrigation