Landscape Services By Sean Harris

Founded 2014 • With Angi since August 2014

Small, American owned landscape service company. Providing service in Knoxville, Tennessee and the surrounding counties. Licensed and insured. Down payment of half is due at beginning of any installations. Balance then due upon satisfaction of completion of job. Maintenance and some services are billed at an hourly rate, unless previously agreed upon. Please allow 4-6 weeks for scheduling. Military and Senior discounts upon request....

A Service Provider's profile image

+15 more images

lawn & landscaping (71)mulch delivering (23)lawn care (19)tree service (13)hardscaping (6)leaf removal (3)plumbers (1)

08/23/2022

Kimberly W.

Very knowledgeable. Great ideas. Our trees, bushes, and gardens were out of control—several years of not being maintained. Seeing an improvements by the month! I plan to keep them on year round.

Description of Work
landscaping and garden maintenance

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 08/23/2022

08/07/2021

Michele W.

Nightmare. It stared with a great start. Sean was so kind and seemed to be on the same page with my husband and I. We talked at length about the stone we had picked out. We gave pictures and drawings. None of it worked out and Sean said "our ideas where just silly" It just got worse. He left our yard like a dust bowl, the $800 of beautiful stone we picked out. He did not know what to do with it so he buried it in my back yard. This is just a little Inormaton of how bad it was

Description of Work
Stone stairs dry rock bed

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

This review is partially incorrect. I was hired to replace a stone staircase for under $7000. We discussed before the project that heavy machinery would be used. We would fix lawn with seed and straw. Near completion of project we were asked not to and the customer would repair lawn themselves. They also told me that the neighbor would finish landscaping around edges of our project. The staircase turned out awesome! As for the stone we "buried" we made a pathway to neighbors house as a result in change of material upon request. The day before we left this house she seemed happy. We worked many days longer than agreed upon to make her happy to no avail. I do not believe this review is justified. Please look at the rest of my reviews as proof of this.

01/19/2021

Beverly L.

We have been satisfied customers for 5 1/2 years. Sean has been great to work with. I have champagne taste on a beer budget. I often want more plants than my garden can handle so he helps me keep it real.

Description of Work
On going care of old landscape beds and addition of new landscape beds.

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

Review for Landscape Services By Sean Harris - 1108 Dutch Valley Dr, Knoxville, TN - 39142693

01/14/2021

RuthAnne H.

Sean and his crew were very professional, showing up on time and working diligently throughout the day to complete the job. They were very meticulous in their work and I particularly appreciated them leaving the site neat and orderly.

Description of Work
Assistance with the excavation of a rain garden to help manage home stormwater. The area was about 600 sq ft, with a 1 ft depth and lower side berm and outlet.

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

Thank you! I'd like to see this garden in use once the rainy season returns.

10/09/2020

William G.

Beautifully. We have used Sean before and as before we tell him what we want generally and let him design go forward on his own. We have never been disappointed. To the contrary, his work is awesome. His sense of design, knowledge of shrubs and trees and work with rock is terrific. He puts together great combinations of color, size and style of shrubs and trees. His work with hardscape, particularly rock, is impressive. This last project also included landscape lighting, solving s drainage problem and moving a sprinkler head and making recommendations for an addition for our irrigation people. Everything turned out great, count us as very satisfied customers - neighbors have requested Sean's name and number.

Description of Work
Redo the side of the house, which has a significant slope, creating a landscape design with trees and shrubs in a mulch bed, a sizeable and beautiful stone wall and patio

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Thank you for choosing us again. It has been a pleasure working for you on this project. It turned out beautiful! We will be back again in the spring.

03/10/2020

Ken and Beth M.

Sean and his crew were prompt, efficient, knowledgeable, and reasonable. We appreciate the work that they did to get our yard back in shape after our driveway renovation project. We plan to have them return to do further landscaping projects.

Description of Work
Yard reconstruction

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

02/20/2020

Karen B.

They were great. Would highly recommend them again.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

Thanks, can't wait to work on your project again!

01/21/2020

Ron M.

The work was completed in a reasonable time. The plants selected and the design was well done. They took pride in their work. We asked them to come back to do more work for us. We are pleased with the new landscaping.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

11/06/2019

RICK S.

The work was done beautifully. We wanted to increase our home's curb appeal, but I am not capable of gardening any more, and my husband works full time, so we agreed to hire professionals. We found Sean Harris here on Angie's List, and he had received many outstanding reviews, so we made contact. Sean was very personable, and responsive to our concerns and desires. We wanted to refresh the front gardens, but wanted to use environmentally sensitive materials and techniques, like rubber mulch and re-using the stacked stones which were originally used in the gardens but had been scattered and buried. Sean, Gary and Chris were very efficient, orderly, and neat working on the gardens, and Sean offered several tips and pieces of information about other aspects of our yard while they worked. Gary may be able to talk with rocks, because he methodically and beautifully re-set the field and river stones in the bed bordering the driveway so well that they looked as if they had been chosen for the purpose. Sean answered all our questions and listened to our likes and dislikes, and he, Gary, and Chris re-made our front yard into an appealing approach to the house. We appreciated his and his crew's work ethic and are planning to have them return to plant some screening plants in our backyard!

Description of Work
Re-setting stone border in two front gardens, planting pansies, a peony bush, and shrubs

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

Review for Landscape Services By Sean Harris - 1108 Dutch Valley Dr, Knoxville, TN - 38218746

10/08/2019

Rodney M.

excellent job on what I needed done

Description of Work
Genral clean up, shrubs pruned, pulled weeds, removed vines

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

07/23/2019

Ryan G.

I met with Sean in the spring to discuss our need for a landscape design and install. Our landscaping is very basic, and the additional plants and trees we installed ourselves really don't look great since we lacked the expertise to pick the right ones. To be clear, both my wife and I were very impressed with Seans knowledge of plants and trees, as well as of the specific pests that had been eating and destroying some of our existing landscaping. He made several suggestions that we really liked. Where we left it, he was going to put together some ideas and pricing and bring it back for us to review. He also said he'd reserve some time in August for the install of the items that needed to go in toward the fall. Again, I have nothing poor to say about Sean's knowledge or experience. My frustration comes from the fact that we didn't hear from him again. After over two months passed without receiving the design or pricing, I reached out to him. He responded and said he'd check his records and look into it. We spoke on the phone briefly and he said my proposal had been sent to the wrong email address. No big deal - that happens. He said he wanted to come back by the house to revisit his plans and estimate before he sent it to me. He also said he still had a spot reserved for me in August. Two weeks later, I followed up again and he said he was working on the estimate that day. At this point, it's been 3.5 months since we first met with Sean and I still have never received his estimate for the project. I'm disappointed, because I really did want to work with him after having been impressed with him during our initial meeting. I realize landscapers are buried in work in the summer, but I wish he had communicated with us. At this point, I am going to have to start over trying to find a landscape designer.

Description of Work
Landscape design and installation

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

06/06/2019

Holly K.

Sean is very knowledgeable and suggested plant choices that would work in our yard. He and Gary showed up on time and were friendly and professional. We were very pleased with the work they did and will be using them again.

Description of Work
Tree planting and other landscape work

Work Completed On 06/06/2019

02/26/2019

Michael J.

Went perfectly. I used Sean at my other home. His work there was so much better than others I tried. So, at my new home I made sure to look him up again. He didn't disappoint. He showed up when he said and came in under budget. I will hire again in fall and every time I need landscaping.

Description of Work
French drain and landscape

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

02/05/2019

Brian I.

It was tough job to take on. Tree trimming and removal, large bush trimming and rose bush pruning. Sean was able to arrive a week earlier than promised and worked hard to solve the problem while sticking to the original estimate.

Description of Work
Tree/bush trimming, rose pruning

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

It was a tough job, glad we could help!

10/09/2018

Nancy D.

Mr. Harris was prompt, courteous, and very knowledgeable about all aspects of landscaping, hardscaping, water features and more. They were meticulous in their work and did not overlooked anything. Landscaping Services took what was once a jungle and creared something Beautiful, with a dry creek bed of river rocks to manage drainage, bushes that attract butterflies, and a sprinkling system. Our back yard is now maintenance free. It is a gorgeous space that we will enjoy for years to come

Description of Work
Complete land scaping where there was once a jungle.

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

Review for Landscape Services By Sean Harris - 1108 Dutch Valley Dr, Knoxville, TN - 37460378

07/16/2018

Deborah T.

I was very pleased with the work Sean Harris and his assistant, Gary, did for me. Sean came to give me an estimate the day I contacted him. He was able to schedule me one week out, and it was so nice to have the two of them appear on the day and at the time they had given me. I think they did a wonderful job. Everything looks so much better. They were very careful to protect my plants, and they even pulled any weeds I had missed before covering the area with mulch. I know Sean does much more involved landscaping work as well, and I will definitely call him if I have something else that needs to be done. It was very apparent to me that Sean takes great pride in his work, and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I needed mulch in four large areas in my backyard.

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

02/03/2018

RAY M.

Sean and his crew removed a small pond and installed a pondless waterfall in my back yard along with various landscape plantings. I first met Sean when he came out on a service call to look at the pump in my pond which had stopped working. Sean got the pump working and we spent quite a bit of time talking about the pros and cons of a pond. I had been contemplating removing it because of the time involved to keep it clear and clean. He mentioned a pondless waterfall which I had not heard of before and described how it functioned. After some online research along with a couple of more trips by Sean explaining how he saw the layout and the plantings I decided to have the waterfall installed. Sean and two other workers dug up the pond, removed the rocks and lining, built up the area for the waterfall, brought in dirt, good size boulders, railroad ties and began the installation. They started on a Monday and finished on Friday, which included the landscaping around the waterfall. On a couple of days they worked through cold weather and a light mist. Each day started around 8:00 and ended around 5 or 5:30. I was really impressed by how professional and punctual they were and how hard they worked to insure as little damage to the surrounding area as possible considering the dirt and boulders they brought in. Sean is professional in every way and has a really good eye for landscape design, plantings and installation of waterfalls. He took the time necessary, up front, to explain how the whole project would progress, and kept me informed throughout the project. The work was done on time and within the budget we had discussed. I am completely satisfied with the work and the look. On the last day one of the workers presented me with a small piece of driftwood he had around his house because he could see how it would fit in at the top of the waterfall. He was right, it was a perfect fit.

Description of Work
Water feature

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed] it was a great project!

11/01/2017

James D.

We highly recommend Sean and will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Remove and replace rock with stone

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

10/26/2017

Sue R.

Great - if you're thinking about doing anything to your yard, don't miss an opportunity to call Sean and discuss your project with him. You'll get a fair price and benefit from his extensive knowledge of gardening. His execution of my front yard project was flawless, absolutely perfect. I and all my neighbors were thrilled with it. Call or text Sean - (865) 387 4775. You'll be glad you did.

Description of Work
Landscaped my front yard and also did hardscape, a brick sidewalk and paving paths.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

09/04/2017

Tim & Christine B.

Very well. The work was excellent, helped to make the property look nicer and added curb appeal to potential buyers. The crew was right on time as promised, they worked hard and we thought the price was fair.

Description of Work
Tree trimming, also new flower beds, mulching and clean up of old debris in a yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

08/23/2017

Cindy B.

Sean was great to advise he could not nor would not be able to tackle our problems. Once we have fixed will be in touch for his landscaping services

Description of Work
We need lots of work but need civil engineer for drainage issues

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/10/2017

07/18/2017

Kathleen A.

Communication skills are excellent, from punctual arrival for the original estimate to immediate response to any questions/concerns throughout the project. Sean has both horticultural knowledge and a creative design sense. He and his crew exhibit a work ethic seldom seen these days, working long hours, often in adverse weather, to go above and beyond. Attention to detail is remarkable. They are personable and professional and I enjoyed having them at my home - in fact will miss them now that project is completed! Whole project exceeded all my expectations!

Description of Work
Sean transformed the ugliest, most neglected yard in town into a beautiful, welcoming space by creating a lovely border of trees, shrubs and plants as well as rock and stone work. He also enclosed an unsightly under-deck area with attractive lattice and installed fencing across the back of the property.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/18/2017