Glass Doctor of Knoxville

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2009

4.2

6614 Central Avenue Pike

Knoxville, TN 37912

Locally owned & operated. Additional DBA - Glass Doctor.

08/16/2018

joel H.

Called several weeks ago to get a price, had to call back a second time to finally get service scheduled. upon Scheduling service was told technician would be arriving at 1pm, then told in a later phone call 3pm telling me verbally technician was 5 miles away, followed by calling them myself directly at 4:05pm to be told the tech stopped to get lunch and would be arriving shortly. Technician arrived and removed my old windshield and proceeded to install the wrong windshield on my vehicle, and then tells me he will have to put my old windshield back on and that he will be back tomorrow with the proper windshield to get it replaced. After the windshield was “fixed” a nasty black residue was left on my headliner of my car, which I had to ask to have it taken off. I would never recommend this company to anyone now or in the future, the technician did his level best but it was overshadowed by the manager Dwight and his assistant repeatedly telling me technician would be arriving at the wrong time and refusing to accept responsibility and kept placing blame off on everyone other than himself and did little to fix the situation, other than coming back the next day to do what should have been done originally.

Description of Work
Simple Windshield replacement.

Category glass repair, auto glass

07/21/2018

Diane V.

They were to call and confirm their appointment time for last Monday afternoon. No call and no show.

Description of Work
Had Windows that had popped seals

05/29/2018

Jignesh D.

They did a great job in working with me to find an effective cost solution. Work is done well and with high quality.

Description of Work
Replaced glass for windows and door

03/29/2018

Allison L.

I am happy to say that I have finally received service and help after two set scheduled appointments. The first day March 21st-I had requested, called, and left several messages requesting a time that day when they were going to be at the house. This was my only day off work and had available, but after a long wait they never came or showed up at all. I did not get a phone call, email, or follow up from Dwight regarding the time on arrival. I was very disappointed in the lack of professionalism he presented to me. Dispatch also did not return nor call me at all. I was going to simply give up and decide not to do business with Glass Doctor anymore, but I decided to give them another chance since we understand a busy schedule. Yesterday, my scheduled appointment for 4:30pm there was no where there at that time. After waiting 45 minutes, I called the rep and they said dispatch would call and let me know when a technician would arrive. Well, again no one called me back nor provided a time frame. I was about to leave when at around 5:30pm a technician finally arrived. Regardless of the stress I have been through and the extremely uneasy service I have been given, I was thankful that a technician finally arrived. Jason Green was the tech who arrived and did a wonderful job! I am very happy, pleased, and grateful for how kind and polite he was to me. After this horrible experience, Jason Green truly made up from all the negative encounters up to that point. I truly want to mention how wonderful and courteous Jason Green was. If it was not for him, I would not be a happy customer with Glass Doctor. After Jason finished, he gave me receipt and business card. Later, I got a call from a gentleman from Glass Doctor who mentioned he was supposed to meet with me today, he apologized for the wait time, and said he did not have phone signal where he was. I told him disregard, Jason Green has taken care of everything and I'm very happy with the service he has provided me. Jason Green saved a lot of stress for Glass Doctor had he not came yesterday and saved the day. Please take time to recognize his great effort and how he has made all the difference for Glass Doctor. Thank you and have a good day.

Description of Work
House Glass Window

06/20/2017

Michelle S.

Very well. Window pain was ordered and replaced.....First floor window was cracked and repaired.

Description of Work
Repaired Cracked window on house

06/20/2017

Michelle S.

Work performed as explained.....Took a couple days longer then told for window glass to be ordered but overall pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced home window

02/18/2017

Sandra R.

Wonderful! The manager Dwight communicated wth me regularly to get the installation set up. Jackson and Chris did the frameless glass installation and they were great. Professional and punctual and did a beautiful job. Our contractor, Jeff Wellman with Wellman Custom Remodeling is the one who contacted Glass Doctor to get our shower measured and to get a quote which was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Shower glass installation on our newly constructed tile shower

Category home remodeling

02/09/2017

Margaret B.

We almost didn't use this company because of how few good reviews of them we saw. However, we'd hired them in the past and it always went well, so we called them this time. They came out promptly to look at the job, answered questions and provided an estimate on the spot. When we were ready to do the work we called them back. They scheduled us just a few days out, came as scheduled and performed the work to our satisfaction. The charge for the job was exactly what they estimate had said.

Description of Work
We needed three stationary glass panels replaced.

Category glass repair, replacement windows, auto glass

05/09/2015

David A.

the quality and workmanship were very good, the work was done with care and skill, the results were excellent in appearance, but their was never a response to calls requesting a follow up adjustment because of water leaking out around the door. Excellent workmanship, poor customer relations after the bill was paid. I will probably try someone else for any future needs.

Description of Work
glass shower doors

Category auto glass

07/24/2013

GARY S.

Stopped by their shop 10/05/2012, got quote and made appointment for following monday 12 noon. Showed up for appointment, they started on windshield right away and job was complete 1HR 20min later. Nine months later no leaks, good job.

Description of Work
Replaced windshield on my 2004 Honda Accord

Category auto glass

CRS Exteriors

CRS Exteriors specializes in window replacement, window installation, patio doors, entry doors and siding. We are the window supplier to Knoxville! Additional contact name - Glen Harness. Additional email - glen@crsexteriors.com.

2022 Super Service Award

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Chattanooga

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Chattanooga! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

Anytime Blinds and Shutters

Anytime Blinds & Shutters is a family owned business in the East Tennessee area. Our number one priority is to exceed your desired vision for your personal home or office space. Our extensive product line opens every possibility in function and fashion, enabling you to create a space that is customized and tailored to your vision of ultimate comfort and aesthetic form. Visit our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/anytimeblindsknoxville/

American Express, MasterCard, Visa

Insulated windows, shower & tub enclosures, office glass, door, table tops, mirrors, patio doors, replacement energy efficient windows & auto glass.

Window tinting.