Fix It Technologies

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2008

7019 Oak Ridge Hwy

Knoxville, TN 37931

Owner operated Uses subs for labor. Cost is determined by the job. No service fee. May contact through email. Award winning....

10/03/2019

JOHN T.

LOOK ELSEWHERE!!! WORK DID NOT LAST!!! (See Attached Pictures) >>> ZERO STARS!!! <<< Obviously, this is entirely my opinion... they should change name to "Temporary Technologies". Originally agreed to a much sturdier cement based trim material for the job and told the day work was to be done that the supplier was out of it, so used wood which (after installation) was discovered as not painted properly (could see straight through the paint), so had to call them back to paint the wood. IMPORTANT... Fix it uses sub contractors, translation... don't think that you will 100% for sure be getting the owner (person who sold you the job) to actually do the work. If I remember correctly, for my project the subs were a kid that looked like he had just graduated high school (not sure of his experience level) and what I considered to be a rude old roofer who (at one point) set up his ladder then immediately disappeared for most of the day and returned right at the end of the day to hurry through his repair. Original repair was performed roughly 9-ish years ago. Fast forward to a month-ish ago. The trim is now separating / coming off of the house in some sections with other areas that have ZERO paint (COMPLETELY BARE WOOD) on them. This is how your Fix It Technologies job might end up looking if it it fails the "test of time" like mine did. Why was the replacement trim for this job not screwed in instead of nailed??? I called Fix it and, as I remember it, the owner (after multiple call and text attempts, 1.5 weeks, and seeing the trims condition in person) said something like... the trim coming off the house was normal because all houses breath and that bare wood (no paint) in some spots was also normal since I had not repainted the house. I replied something like... then how come the rest of the trim on the house (that Fix It Technologies never touched) is still well attached with the paint still intact? He did not have an acceptable answer but was still unwilling to repair something that they should have done correctly the first time. Just an FYI... it is very unfortunate that, in my opinion, the owner seems like he could possibly be a nice enough guy but probably doesn't really like to actually talk and have a conversation with customers after the job is sold and / or completed. After communication with him (as well as I could), I got the strong feeling that he most likely prefers a very, very, occasional text reply back to you (if you are lucky). Also (as his current voice mail clearly states) if you call on Friday, do not expect to hear back from him until Monday. I personally prefer a PROMPT phone call back to a seemingly reluctant text reply any day. I am very sorry that he has not chosen to do the right thing and correct this issue!

Description of Work
Chimney Trim Replacement

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

I am sorry that this customer was upset. I did this work more than 8 years previous and noted to the customer than it did not appear that the house had been painted since I had been there. He mentioned if I did not repair it he would write a poor review.

08/13/2017

James M.

Shawn and his workers did another fantastic job for us. They added additional space to our pavilion deck to allow improved access to our swim spa. He has done several other projects for us that have turned out so well. He'll continue to be our first choice as we continue to improve our home.

Description of Work
Expansion of the deck around our pavilion to allow better access to swim spa

Category concrete repair, decks, handyman service, woodworking

07/18/2017

Jerry F.

Came out and never heard from again!!!!!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

06/12/2017

James M.

Shawn and his crew did a remarkable job and a considerable amount of work for only $30,000. This does not include the cost of the swim spa nor the eventual work that will be done to install an outdoor kitchen on Shawn's concrete pad and under his cover. The cedar pavilion is a work of art. It is in the craftsman style. This is about the 4th or 5th project Shawn has done for us, and we already have him on an additional project to expand some of the deck space around the pavilion. He has virtually remodeled and re-built our entire house! Shawn is so easy to work with, is flexible, and his price is always so reasonable. He and his crew do quality work and he usually has suggestions that will make the results even better than you originally expect.

Description of Work
We wanted an outdoor cedar pavilion to cover a swim spa and seating area, in addition to an attached "shed roof" area to cover an adjacent outdoor kitchen. The covered spa space would be a 16' x 16' area including a 16' x 9' foot concrete pad to support 10 tons of spa filled with water, with the remaining area floored with cedar decking. The concrete floor for the outdoor kitchen would be a 9' x 20' concrete pad with under-pad utilities providing for sink water, sink drainage, and electricity. The project would include the provision of electricity to the swim spa along with electrical outlets and lighting. Also included would be replacement of a failing deck attached to the back of the house. The new cedar deck would attach the pavilion to the house, be multi-level and contain approximately 400 square feet, in addition to the 100+ feet under the pavilion. There would be stairs installed from the deck to a lower level in the back yard. As part of the project, rainwater from all the rear house gutters would be routed underground away from the house.

Category concrete repair, decks, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, ceiling fans

04/12/2017

Michael C.

I sent an email on March 31, 2017 with no response. So I called and left a message on April 4, 2017 and again on April 7, 2017 also with no response and today is April 12, 2017

Description of Work
I was trying to get an estimate to have an entry door installed

03/03/2017

jennifer M.

We just decided yesterday to use this company and contacted this company. He knew that I was getting more estimates and I ended up having several estimates. There was no charge for the estimate. They were very personable and listened. He is the only contractor that came out that actually listened to everything I wanted. He was the only one that did not include in his estimate custom made shelves. He is the only one who didn't somehow end up giving me 8 cupboards when I am only getting 3. I wanted to do my own demo so it would save me money, and he was totally good with that. Showed my family member who is a carpenter where they would need to cut. We would write it all down and know exactly what you have to take down. He listens to everything. He had the best estimate. I don't have to pay up front for him. He is just doing the work. I am buying the sink, the granite and all those things so he can't charge me because I know that is how they make their money. Fix It Technologies is definitely is just about doing the work and making the people happy. I mean he is getting paid but he is not going to get rich off doing it the way that he does it. He was early.

Description of Work
They did an estimate.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

02/02/2017

Jerry T.

They were a little slow getting to it but once they got to it, the work was excellent. Once they got going, they just kept right in and got it done.

Description of Work
They repaired some rotten wood for me on the outside of my house. We have a chimney with a wooden box around it and part of that was rotten.

Category chimney repair

10/03/2016

Priscila M.

Great, honest and reliable when needed. Good work completion

Description of Work
He has worked on several of our houses

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter cleaning, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, pressure washing, doors

09/11/2016

Margaret B.

Work went very well and progressed in a timely fashion. Only delay occurred when one cabinet came in damaged. Work was very professional and I love the end result.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel, including some replumbing and new electrical. Kitchen was completely gutted. New cabinets installed including a center island with a hidden mixmaster lift. New under counter lighting as well as new can lights, center island light and ceiling fan. New sink and faucet installed, plus a new "instant hot water" faucet. New floor to ceiling pantry plus new counter depth refrigerator, oven and wall mounted microwave. New travertine tile installed throughout kitchen , laudary room, and half bath. Popcorn ceiling removed throughout area and all walls and ceiling were painted.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

07/08/2016

Karena P.

FINALLY I hired someone that was great to work with and did a fantastic job - very happy wiht the work that Shawn did - all the little changes have made a big difference! also his prince was WAY less than another contracotr on Angies List I had received an estimate from (alomost half the cost) - highly reccomend and would hire again!

Description of Work
tile bath floor and swapped a door out/changed swing as wel as a few minor electrical items

Category contractors, ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

06/18/2016

Sharon L.

Shawn and his team were polite and considerate, trustworthy and honest, professional and knowledgeable. Shawn helped us with great ideas that made our project special and guidance which improved our project. The project was completed four months ago and it exceeded our expectations. We love our new master bathroom and definitely do recommend Shawn and his team.

Description of Work
Shawn Naessig/Fix It Technologies completely remodeled our master bathroom. It was completely gutted, a wall was removed, a wall with pocket door was added, extensive electrical work was done, and plumbing was moved. He installed all new cabinets, trim, fixtures, lighting, and did extensive tile work. He and his team built a glass and tile no-threshold shower. Cost of labor only was $10,300. Materials and cabinetry install are not included.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

06/12/2016

James M.

These were the 3rd and 4th projects that we've had Shawn do for us. We were so pleased with his previous work on our kitchen remodel and bathroom addition, along with associated bedroom upgrades, that we contracted him again for these 2 additional projects. And we are currently working with him on a 5th project plus some miscellaneous tasks. His work, along with his crew, is outstanding. They tiled our walk-in pantry and washroom pantry, along with upgrading all the woodwork and folding door. This brought those areas up to the standard they had achieved in the previous kitchen remodel, bathroom addition, and the multiple bedroom remodels. The other project involved enlarging our screened-in porch to attach to the new bathroom addition and master bedroom, increasing our porch size from 192 to 324 square feet. I caused delays because of defective screening I ordered. Shawn was able to adapt to this schedule disruption. You can't go wrong with Shawn. He has basically remodeled and expanded our entire house over the last 2-3 years, and we're moving outside to the back yard for future projects with him. You will get quality work with reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Shawn and his crew worked on 2 different projects for us: Remodel of washroom and walk-in pantry, and expansion of existing screened-in porch.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, remodeling, ceiling fans, interior painters

05/11/2016

Jesse C.

Very seldom do the results from a contractor exceed expectations, but Shawn's performance in renovating this house exceeded mine. The highest contractor estimate was 50% higher than Shawn's and the other estimate was 22% higher. And the best part, the finished project cost was 17% under his estimate. The estimated time frame from all contractors was expected to be 6-8 weeks depending on the condition of the underflooring. From the date I gave Shawn keys to the house to the day he returned the keys for the new locks was 30 days. Shawn is very easy to work with and will do what you want to do. His experience makes him an excellent advisor on material selection and he is very competent in scheduling and managing materials, subcontractors, and his own employees. I will definitely use Shawn's services as a general contractor again.

Description of Work
Renovated the interior of a 3BR, 1BA, 1000sf house. Replaced damaged sheetrock, gutted 100% of the bathroom and installed all new fixtures, walls, and tile floor. Replaced damaged kitchen cabinets, countertop, and sink, restored what was salvageable. Replaced 100% of the floor coverings in the house, and painted all interior walls and ceilings. Cleaned up many plumbing and electrical connections and problems that exist is a 60 year old house.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/29/2015

Jean B.

The remodel went extremely well. The job was started on time and completed within the estimated time frame of 6- 8 weeks. Shawn seemed to have an expert for every aspect of the renovation, electrical, plumbing, painting, flooring, etc. He repainted my adjoining living room as well. He offered recommendations for cabinet makers, flooring companies, and window replacement companies, offering two of each with explanations of their pros and cons. I used one of each category and was well pleased with them as well. Shawn and his crew were very professional, considerate, and trustworthy. The flooring guy once called me at work to let me know that my cat (whom he did not know existed) had stepped in the flooring glue. He was very concerned for his welfare. (My cat suffered no ill consequences.) They often requested my preference for such things as positioning of pendant lighting and cabinet hardware positioning. When I was unsatisfied with the color of floor trim in one place and positioning of shelves in my appliance cabinet, there was no resistance to changing them to my preference. I could not have been more satisfied with my choice of Fix It Technologies for my remodel.

Description of Work
Shawn (Fix It Technologies) completely remodeled my kitchen. My kitchen was completely gutted. All new appliances, cabinets, fixtures, lighting, and flooring was installed. The $9200 was labor cost only for Fix It Technologies. The total project cost about $45,000.

Category custom cabinets, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

10/25/2015

James M.

This was our second major project with Shawn. He did our kitchen remodel a couple years ago, and we were so pleased that we contracted him again. We wanted him to do the entire bathroom addition project, but he doesn't do the structural work (foundation, roof, etc.) We wanted him so badly that we spent several months looking for another contractor that would agree to let someone else do the finish work. We went through several contractors until we finally found someone. We had to agree to be responsible for the building permit. Shawn and his crew installed all the bathroom tile, including floor tile with floor heating, a curb-less glassed-in shower, and one full tiled wall. They installed a jetted tub, an 8 foot, two-sink vanity with mirrored medicine cabinets, and a 3-foot tall cabinet. All the finish plumbing, lighting, wood trim, and painting. The bedroom remodel job included installing new doors and trim, painting, new carpet, and un-popcorn of ceilings. Shawn is very good at suggesting ideas that make your project even better than you had planned. Details that you'd never think of, but details that really improve your project. Another excellent job by Shawn and his crew.

Description of Work
Performed the finish work for an upscale 156 square foot master bathroom suite addition and remodel of three bedrooms. The $12,200 includes finish labor cost only. The 2-story addition (basement utility area below) total cost was around $60-70K. Another contractor built the structure and did all the rough-in work. In addition to the bathroom finish work, we also had Shawn remodel our upstairs bedrooms.

Category contractors, carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, drain cleaning

07/14/2015

Terri K.

Great! This was our first time using a contractor for a large project. Shawn was knowledgeable, helpful and understanding. He had a lot of great ideas, and was willing to work with us on our ideas. He and his crew did great work with a lot of attention to detail. We are very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Complete remodel on the kitchen - new floor, new cabinets and appliances, larger island, new lighting and electrical, enlarged pantry.

Category custom cabinets, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

10/23/2014

Kirk P.

Simply Outstanding. I couldn't begin to say enough about Shawn and his team of professionals. They blew away the industry standard in this area for contract work. He has great customer service, communication skills, integrity and work ethic. We had portions of our basement finished and also a kitchen remodel. The entire process was A+ from start to finish. He always communicated when they would be on site, took pride in the work, gave beneficial and cost saving suggestions, cleaned up the work area at the end of everyday. He price was very competitive. Anytime a design desire conflict arose, he gave great solutions and always made sure the end result was spot on. We couldn't be happier with the service.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel. Finish portions of basement.

10/05/2014

Lorina A.

I called to have an estimate for a bathroom remodel. Shawn got me scheduled for the following week. He showed up on time and explained what would be required for the job. He said he would provide an estimate by midweek the following week. I have never heard from him again. I have opted to use a different contractor.

Description of Work
Attempted to provide an estimate

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

09/26/2014

Gerry M.

We waited several weeks after the initial contract was signed due to Shawn's heavy work schedule. Once the job was begun, the work was well organized and the quality of workmanship was very good. We decided the wait was worth it. We were delighted with Shawn's willingness to make suggestions and talk us through decisions throughout the project. His workers were very committed to our being satisfied and suggested things we might not have thought about, as well as invited our input. We were saved from making some poor decisions by listening to the counsel of his workers. We did have significant delays in the completion of the job related to materials not being delivered as promised. None of this was Shawn's responsibility and he was quick to get back to us and complete the job as soon as the supplies were delivered. Shawn and his crew have turned our unsightly 70's style bathroom into an oasis. We couldn't be more pleased. Shawn was always positive, pleasant, soft-spoken, and even-keeled, as were his crew. We had a clear sense that they had our interests at heart and were most responsible, as well as skilled and experienced.

Description of Work
Extensive Master Bath Renovation including removing walls, cabinets, fixtures, flooring,moving an HVAC vent, Installing travertine tiles on floor and shower walls and floor, new cabinets, plumbing the shower and double sinks, installing multiple light fixtures and an exhaust fan, installing new toilet including a washlet, painting walls/ceilings. Additional jobs: Repaired Ceiling and Installed Crown Molding in Living Room, Foyer, Hallway; Installed Light Fixtures in Den; and Installed Cut Off Valve for incoming water line.

09/25/2014

Stacy K.

Shawn has a trust worthy crew. I didn't feel uncomfortable for them to be there when we were away or when we were around. The bathroom turned out beautifully. I will use them again.

Description of Work
They took a hallway, closet, bedroom and tiny bath and remodeled it into a large spa bathroom. I had some unusual request and Shawn was not easily rattled. They also laid some flooring, changed out toilets, changed out kitchen appliances and installed a water pressure pump.

Category closet systems, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling

09/08/2014

Evelyn A.

We have used Shawn several times. He has a variety of skills and is knowledgeable.

Description of Work
We purchased gutter guards online and Shawn installed them for us. He also re-positioned some sagging gutters as well.

Category gutter repair, handyman service

08/06/2014

Bradley S.

Very punctual and did a very good job communicating. Workers were polite and they cleaned up the work space every night.

Description of Work
Repaired ceiling damage in kitchen and added several can lights throughout home.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

08/03/2014

Leighton C.

After getting a quote from Shawn he started work about six weeks later as agreed. He turned up on time and started the job with his team of workers. As the job progressed I made several inspection of the work that was performed and overall I was very happy our house is quite old and I was glad to see that the old plumbing valves had been replaced during the remodel I am sure this will be a big help going forward. He also re routed the plumbing as I requested which I was very happy to see. Our remodel included a lot of tile work that was done by Chad we were very happy with his manner and level of work. The remodel took just less than a month which was bot longer than expected however Shawn stuck to his original quote and its a pleasure to use the new bathroom. We have been using it for a couple of months now and I have not noticed any issues or had to call him back. I would definitely be touch for our next remodeling job.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

04/27/2014

Melinda E.

I was very interested in hiring Shawn to repaint and replace the weatherstripping on our garage doors, tile our front porch, and tile the landing of our staircase. He provided a very reasonable quote and seemed knowledgeable and professional. Unfortunately, after letting Shawn know that I would like to go ahead with the work and being told he would check his schedule, he never got back to me and apparently is not interested in doing the projects. I can appreciate that he is very busy and I'm sure his excellent Angie's List reviews have made him very desirable, but it would have been nice if he had just let me know he isn't available. Leaving potentially long-term customers in the lurch is not a good way to do business.

Description of Work
I contacted Shawn to provide a quote to paint and replace weatherstripping on three garage doors, tile front porch and steps and tile a staircase landing.

04/22/2014

Sharon A.

Their work was fine. They came in two different visits because I also had potential electrical problem that they had to work on. There was nothing bad about them. They just come in, get it done efficiently and get it over with. They seemed reasonable to me. The quality of work was fine. Their responsiveness was really good. For some reason smaller outlets get a backlog and things don't get done quickly as we would like and they are not able to respond as quickly as we would like all the time but that's the nature of the business and I can't fault them for that. Their professionalism was fine.

Description of Work
I used Fix It Technologies to put in some handrails on a basement stairs that didn't have any handrails.

Category electrician, handyman service

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC

Smoky Mountain Deck Builders specializes in custom Decks, Screen Rooms, Arbors, Docks, Under Deck dry ceilings, and Gazebos. Unlike a majority of companies offering deck services, we focus our business around our outdoor structures only, allowing us to perfect our trade with consistency, speed and efficiency. How can you be the greatest at what you do when you attempt several trades? We build beautiful outdoor structures 50 weeks a year, 5 days a week. Why only 5 days a week? How can you be passionate about your work without a personal life, without time for family? We do not expect you to believe in us, we expect you to believe real people in your community. Check out our reviews! Smoky Mountain Deck Builders

Offers by Smoky Mountain Deck Builders LLC on Angi
    The Plumbing Authority, Inc.

Make Stressful Plumbing Problems Disappear!! Plumbing problems are frustrating and stressful! The Plumbing Authority provides dependable plumbing solutions. We send licensed plumbers to your home so you can relax knowing your problem is solved. At The Plumbing Authority we know that you want to be able to relax and not deal with plumbing problems. Undependable plumbing causes you stress and frustration. You deserve to enjoy your home without worrying about your plumbing. We don’t just care about plumbing. We care about you and your home. We’ve helped thousands of homeowners solve their plumbing problems for over 25 years. Don’t let unexpected plumbing issues ruin your day. Instead find relief when you call or schedule online and let us help you get comfort back in your home

Offers by The Plumbing Authority, Inc. on Angi
    Mr. Electric Of Tri Cities

Mr. Electric is a locally owned franchise serving the East Tennessee cities of Tri-Cities, Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville, as well as communities in between. As full-service electricians, we can handle all your electrical needs from complete panel changes and home re-wiring to electrical systems for outdoor living spaces and boat docks. Need fixtures installed? We’ve got it. Installing a hot tub or pool? We can help. Call us to set up an appointment for a service technician to evaluate your situation and give you a quote. *We offer 10% for all military* *Fees for quote waived with contracted work. After-hours emergency service is available. At Mr. Electric we have the power to make things better!

Handyman, remodeling, general, kitchen & bath remodeling, drywall, interior & exterior painting, carpentry, countertops electrical, ceramic tile, hardwood install, decks & porches.

Carpeting.