Fair Heating and Air

Founded 2012 • With Angi since April 2012

4311 Shangri La Dr

Knoxville, TN 37914

Licensed and Insured, HVAC&R Certified, EPA Universal Certified....

02/25/2018

Valerie W.

I left a message for Igor at Fair Heating and Air after calling Fair's phone # and finding their inbox was full. I figured he was pretty busy, so although I normally call Fair HA, I called another company as well--I needed someone asap. They wanted $65 for coming out, but they responded immediately and set up an appt that afternoon. Igor surprised me by calling early that morning and setting up an appt for me before that other guy could get to me. I called the other company and cancelled. Igor DIDN'T CHARGE ME. He said he was in the neighborhood and the fix was simple. I tried to offer money and he declined, saying it was his good deed for the day. Needless to say, no one should expect service for nothing, but this guy is a small business fellow. He repays good customers in ways that a large company wouldn't dream of. He cares about his customers.

Description of Work
My hvac stopped working in the middle of the night

02/07/2018

larry S.

What I like about them is I feel I can trust them to be honest and that's based on past usage. You can feel comfortable that they're trustworthy and won't rip you off. They had to order a part for it and they gave me an estimate ahead of time for when it came in and to replace it. They came out yesterday to put the part in and because the installation was easier than they thought it would be, they actually reduced my bill from the quote they gave me. I'm really comfortable using them, I don't think I can do better!

Description of Work
Repair work on my heating and air.

09/13/2017

Charles A.

Both projects resulted in high quality installations, and at reasonable and competitive prices. I found Igor and his installers to be professional, thorough, and knowledgeable. I also found them to be very reliable, always promptly returning my phone calls and arriving at my home precisely when promised. They were impressively neat on the job site, wearing booties when in the house and leaving the job site neat and clean. I have heard that the success and life of an air conditioning system is 10% hardware and 90% installation. I am happy that we chose Fair Heating and Air for these projects and would not hesitate to engage their services in the future.

Description of Work
Over the past eight months I hired Fair Heating and Air for two projects. The first was to install a whole house humidifier and the second project was to install a new heating and air conditioning system. For the first project I procured the equipment and Fair Heating and Air installed it. In the second project the system that was installed was the one that Igor recommended, which I believe was correct given my requirements. Igor is a pleasure to work with and at no time did I feel pressured to make any decision.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr [Member Name Removed], thank you for the great review. We really appreciate your business.

08/20/2017

Kathy Z.

This is the 4th time I used their services and each time I have pleased with their professionalism, punctuality, and work ethic.

Description of Work
Repair my HVAC unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mrs [Member Name Removed] thank you so much for the great review.

08/17/2017

Rachel E.

Great to do business with, and Igor was very helpful, with very good communication. I called at 8 am, and he was at my home at 11 am. Really grateful for that prompt service.

Description of Work
A/C was not cooling house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mrs [Member Name Removed] thank you so much for the great review.

08/14/2017

Larry D.

My a/c unit was freezing up and I had been told earlier by another company that it may have a leak and would require more Freon later on. It is now later on and I called a company ½ mile from my house and the came by on Friday afternoon and checked the unit and told me I had a coil leak. He said it would be Monday before he could check with the warehouse and he would call me a let me know how much it would be to replace the coil. I have not heard from them since he was at the house more3 than a week ago. I went to Angie’s list and started my search and reading reviews. That is when I found Fair Heating and Air and was impressed with the reviews. They also were a recipient of the Angie Superior Award for outstanding service. I called and talked with Igor and we set up an appointment for the following day. He was there at the agreed time and found that my coil had three leaks. He said he would check I see if we could get the part and the cost. We discussed the possibility of replacing my unit as it is 17 years old. He called me a couple of hours later and told me that he found the parts and we discussed the options of repairing vs replacing. My wallet said replace and Igor was back at my house the next morning and I once again have a cool house. I was very impressed with this young man. He is a professional and shows pride in the work that he does. I found him to be quite knowledgeable, explained things as he went, answered any questions I had and was very punctual. Both times he came to the house he gave me a two hour window of when he would arrive and he called when he was on the way. Both times he arrived at the beginning of that two hour time frame. We did have one slight problem, but when I called him he was very apologetic and came out this morning and made the adjustment and all is well. While he was here I was working on my microwave and when I told Igor what I was doing he called a local parts company to see if they had the part I needed and offered me his discount. They did not have the part in stock, but I was impressed with the fact that he took his time to call them trying to same me money. Would I use him again? You bet your boots I would and I highly recommend him. I felt like I had finally found a service person I was comfortable with and could trust. On their web page ([*** Link removed ***] they said they wanted to be the most trusted Hating and Air company in this area and I do believe they are well on the way to doing just that.

Description of Work
Replaced coils in my a/c unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr [Member Name Removed] thank you so much for the great review.

07/25/2017

larry S.

It went well, I saved quite a bit of money when using Fair Heating. Igor was real honest and didn't want to do anymore than was necessary, he didn't try and upsale me.

Description of Work
Diagnosed upstairs system, replaced hot-surface igniter

07/17/2017

Dameon S.

I had a good experience. I can't remember the exact deal. They did excellent work. The price was good.

Description of Work
They pretty much just did an all around tuneup on my heat and air unit, made sure everything was running smoothly.

09/21/2016

Janice E.

A previous heating & air company told me my system was 'bone dry' and wanted to add refrigerant and stop leak to the tune of $920. A friend of mine had already checked the refrigerant and said it was full and there was another problem with the unit. I had Fair Heating & Air come out and not only told me the unit was full but also suggested the same part needed fixed as my friend. I was very happy with the service. Dan was very professional and explained everything in a way that I understood. I would hire them again and would also recommend them to my friends. I was given a 2 hour window for them to arrive and they were within that period.

Description of Work
Check heat pump for refrigerant

08/16/2016

David W.

First company thought the drain line was clogged so they cleared it, but when that didn't work they told us we'd need to replace entire unit to the tune of several thousands of dollars. Fair Heating and Air was recommended by a neighbor. Igor came out twice. Thought he had fixed it but was also unsuccessful ($75). The second time he engineered a supplemental drip pan that caught the drip and diverted it to the drain ($75). In other words, he saved us several thousand dollars. Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning unit had a slow leak onto floor.

Knoxville AC Service

We Specialize in all aspects of Heating and Air including New Construction, Residential, and Commerical. We offer Maintenance and Service repairs as well as new unit installations and Ductwork. We take pride in providing the best customer service possible with honest and fair pricing. We are a small family company. Ben has over 40 years experience in the Heating air industry and our team has been together for over 20 years. We hope to get the chance to earn your business!

The Plumbing Authority, Inc.

Make Stressful Plumbing Problems Disappear!! Plumbing problems are frustrating and stressful! The Plumbing Authority provides dependable plumbing solutions. We send licensed plumbers to your home so you can relax knowing your problem is solved. At The Plumbing Authority we know that you want to be able to relax and not deal with plumbing problems. Undependable plumbing causes you stress and frustration. You deserve to enjoy your home without worrying about your plumbing. We don’t just care about plumbing. We care about you and your home. We’ve helped thousands of homeowners solve their plumbing problems for over 25 years. Don’t let unexpected plumbing issues ruin your day. Instead find relief when you call or schedule online and let us help you get comfort back in your home

Offers by The Plumbing Authority, Inc. on Angi
    A-1 Certified Service Inc

Michele Thomas is the owner/contractor of A-1 Certified Service, Inc and graduate of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She is the 2nd generation of a long standing, family owned business. Over 40-years’ experience in service and installation of air conditioning and heating systems, and Home Performance (Insulation, Air Sealing, Duct Sealing). We are members of the ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America), and TVA eScore QCN. We offer financing to meet your needs. We hold an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Offers by A-1 Certified Service Inc on Angi

We provide Fair Heating and Air services for your home. We do Maintenance, System Replacements, and Service on all makes and models. We provide Excellence for a Fair price, and like always: We're cool and we're hot, give us a call if you're not.

Ask for details.