CertaPro Painters® of East Tennessee

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2006

10904 MCBRIDE LN

Knoxville, TN 37932

CertaPro Painters of East Tennessee is the most trusted and referred painting company in the greater Knoxville area. We are a full service painting company, performing the full range of residential and painting services. With thousands of projects completed, we most likely have painting a house on your block, a project for one of your neighbors, or even someone in your family! We focus on providing a level of customer service that is not commonly found in the painting trade. We communicate clearly throughout the project. We deliver what we promise. We look for ways to 'Wow!' every one of our customers. And we follow up after the paint is dry to ensure you are happy with the results...

02/10/2019

Phil K.

We hired CertaPro to paint our entire home, including closets. The entire process was seamless from start to finish. Our first contact was Jim. He assured us that we would be pleased with the painters he sent and we were. We highly recommend Salomon, Felix, Luis, Alexis and Stephanie. Their work was stellar. They were personally a pleasure to have in our home. It was necessary to make some repairs along the way and they were skilled in that area as well as painting. When we encountered problems (as you do in every job) they made sure to find the best solution as if they were working in their own homes. It was clear they wanted us to be happy with the job. Andy was the job supervisor and he also did an excellent job. We highly recommend CertaPro and particularly Salomon’s team.

Description of Work
Whole house interior painting

Category interior painters

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for taking time to leave us a review!

01/02/2019

RL H.

Excellent. Crew showed up on time, professional, very unobtrusive, neat work, excellent clean up.

Description of Work
Painting kitchen, den, stairway

Category interior painters

Thank you so much for the review!

10/02/2017

Paula S.

Wonderful!! Everyone I dealt with was very professional. All work was done through Certapro so no contracting out for carpentry, etc. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
All areas of exterior house and garage painted, deck railing stained and floor painted, screened porch re-screened and painted inside and out.

Category decks, woodworking, house painters

Thank you so much for taking the time to review CertaPro! It was a pleasure to work alongside you on this project!

06/14/2017

CATHY F.

Went great. The only glitch came when the yellow paint we wanted needed four coats to fully cover the wals.

Description of Work
Painted all rooms inside our house. Three bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, living, and dining rooms.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We hope you enjoy the updates for years to come!

05/28/2017

Kate Y.

Overall, we had a fairly negative experience with this company. Unfortunately, we encountered a number of issues throughout the project and after it was finished. The project manager was incredibly unprofessional, attempted to wrap up the project before it was completed (the lead painter agreed all the work had not been finished) and even went so far as to accuse my husband of lying. Immediately after the job was completed we noticed some areas of chipping paint and CertaPro told us that the paint needed to cure and they weren't going to do anything for at least 4 weeks. This issue was only addressed when we had an independent professional from Sherwin Williams come out to evaluate and agreed with us that the back porch railing needed to be repainted immediately. Then a year later we had even more concerns and considering we paid for the most expensive and best paint Sherwin Williams had we requested the company to fix the issues. The most notable issues were that the siding they replaced and painted was warping in several areas and the front gable and back of the house were very blotchy and weathered looking. The person sent to evaluate was not terribly interested in agreeing to send a crew out to fix the problem even after agreeing it didn't look that good until we insisted and we had to have the Sherwin Williams representative come out again. Again, the Sherwin Williams representative suggested it did need to be repainted. When the crew did show up to repaint they "forgot" to rewash the boards before applying another coat of paint and since we did not catch it before they started it was just our tough luck. And just to be clear we were promised it would be rewashed because it had been a year since the initial painting. Honestly, I lack confidence the job was done well enough to last as long as it should. While they did come out to fix the problems, it was only after a lot of effort on our part and always felt like they weren't that interested in making things right and standing by their warranty.

Description of Work
We had some of our siding replaced and then all siding, doors, and trims painted on the exterior of the house.

Category house painters

Thank you for sharing your experience with CertaPro. We strive to ensure that every one of our clients has a positive experience with us. We extend our apologies for any miscommunication(s) about how your project went. While every attempt was made to accommodate the concerns about your project, we feel differently about the perception portrayed in your review. We wish you the best moving forward and appreciate the feedback as it will help us in our continuous practice to be East TN's most referred painting contractor

05/23/2017

LINDA D.

They did a great job. They repaired the damage and caulked and had all their own tools and equipment. They rescheduled, at our request, a few times because of rain. They used the paint Sherwin Williams recommended and cleaned up after they finished. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior trim on our home.

Category house painters

Thank you for taking the time to review our services, [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

03/27/2017

Kurt M.

Work done professionally, one team member could have been more professional, his partner did most of the work.

Description of Work
Deck painted

Category decks, house painters

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services! We appreciate you business and certainly hope you will keep us in mind for future projects!

03/01/2017

Charles H.

Our experience using CertaPro Painters for exterior and interior projects was very satisfactory from start to finish. Devin not only provided timely estimates and suggestions for our consideration but also made sure that the work crews followed through. Inside, Tom and Darian did meticulous work while being personable and thoughtful. Hector and crew did the same outside and both work crews kept us up-to-date daily. We will definitely use CertaPro Painters in the future.

Description of Work
Painted five rooms and painted the exterior of a two-story house.

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Thank you so much for your review. We truly hope you enjoy your painting project for years to come.

02/07/2017

Michelle C.

Overall I would say they did a good job. We had to have them come back a second time and cover spots that they missed the first time. They came back promptly and took care of it.

Description of Work
Exterior trim paint

Category house painters

Thank you for your review; comments are always very helpful for our training. I apologize that we missed those few spots & had to return. I hope your continuing to enjoy the look of the exterior trim. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

12/21/2016

Kim A.

The previous homeowners had very dark paint on all walls/ceiling and trim but now my basement is very bright/airy - love it! The crew was very professional, courteous and great attention to detail. They even installed some baseboard for me which was not initially discussed. No complaints and highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Install new drywall and paint basement and bathroom (all walls/ceiling/trim)

Category drywall, interior painters

Thank your for the great review!

10/28/2016

Frank H.

They were great. They were very professional and superior in their work. They do quality and neat work. I loved it from beginning to the end. I would recommend them to anyone. I would hire them again in a heart beat.

Description of Work
They did some repair work on our condo which has nine units in it.

Category house painters

Thank you for the great review!

Mike C.

I have used them in the past and I will use them in the future. I am very satisfied and they are competitive in pricing. They usually come in and get everything done as the contract says. if I wasn’t satisfied I wouldn’t go back.

Description of Work
Painting.

Glenn H.

They did fine. The crew they brought in was here every day, on time. Courteous crew. They worked all day. In fact, I got one more painting job. I'm getting ready to do with the floor on the garage and I'm gonna let them do on that because of their past work. Everything was good. I had no problems. I'm gonna have them back to do another job I have here so everything's fine.They're highest among three bids I took, but I learned a long time ago, it's not a good idea to always go for the lowest bid. I'm gonna let them bid on another job I have.

Description of Work
I used CertaPro Painters of East Tennessee. They painted the entirety of the house back in 2015, 3,500 square foot. They painted most of the garage.

Category interior painters

Thank you for the kind review. We look forward to working with you again!

Robin M.

I ended up not using them. They were very nice and very professional. They presented themselves in a professional manner. The quote was very detailed. I decided not to go with them because I just had a lower quote.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate for exterior house painting.

Jo H.

We were basically satisfied. We had a couple of other prices and they were in the ballpark. We had a couple of other prices and they were in the ball park. You have to be careful and make sure they tend to the details and you’ll be ok.

Description of Work
Exterior painting.

10/25/2016

Kathy D.

I would higher them again in a heart beat. They were here everyday when they said they would be. They did what they said they would do and for the price they said.

Description of Work
They removed a popcorn ceiling. They installed some drywall. They installed a door.

10/24/2016

Sarah C.

Excellent. They were punctual and did a professional job.

Description of Work
Painted my dining room.

Category interior painters

Thank you for your review and positive comments!

10/22/2016

bonnie B.

They are great. They have been out here several times and the professionalism and the work that they do is just great. I would recommend them to anybody. Every time we want something done, we call them. We are also pleased with the prices. They are very nice and on time. A good experience.

Description of Work
They painted the outside trim work.

10/22/2016

Fran M.

They came and gave me a quote, but I did not hire them. They came timely. They were very professional.

Description of Work
Quote to remove wallpaper and paint.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

10/18/2016

Elizabeth M.

As always, Certa Pro did a terrific job.

Description of Work
Caulking and painting indoors.

Category auto repair, interior painters

Gregory G.

The estimate was 2/3 final cost. Some touch-up required by me, but no leftover paint left by Certa-pro

Description of Work
living room

Category auto repair, interior painters

Laurie P.

They did a great job and I plan to use them again.

Description of Work
They painted our den, living room plus did carpentry work, re-screened and painted our back porch.

Category contractors, decks, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you for your review! We look forward to working with you again!

Mark B.

They did an extremely professional job, and they did it extremely quickly. I would definitely hire them for any painting needs in the future.

Description of Work
Painted stairway, hallway and bathroom

Category interior painters

Thank you for the glowing review!

10/07/2016

David S.

We had an excellent crew who was supervised by Hector. They were absolutely meticulous in everything they did such as prep, actual painting and clean up. They were all very professional and respectful and did the job quickly but carefully. I would hire this group again without any hesitation. We were very fortunate to go thru this experience with the best of the talented painters in Cert-a- Pro.

Description of Work
Painted most of the interior of the house.

09/20/2016

Darlene P.

Everything went as expected. Mario was great to work with.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting.

Category house painters

Thank you for your review.