Advanced Heating and Air

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2010

Tennessee

2501 Byington Beaver Ridge Rd

Knoxville, TN 37931

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Our 3rd generation family business has been servicing Knoxville, Maryville, and our neighbors in surrounding counties for over 40 years. Our philosophy has always stayed the same, which is to establish a long term working relationship with our customers by offering industry leading equipment, warranties, and service at affordable pricing. We are proud to be a Tane Comfort Specialist Dealer, which means we are held to a high standard of training, continued education, service, and 100% customer satisfation....

Deals

HVAC Companies (761)plumbers (72)air duct cleaning (49)water heaters (7)appliance repair (2)

02/20/2021

Hugh M.

He got the furnace working but I call that screwing old retired people ! ! !

Description of Work
Put in a $37.16 hot surface ignitor in furnace . Charged me $264.00 for it .

Work Completed On 02/20/2021

We are so sorry that your experience with our company was less than satisfactory. We regret that you feel we have taken advantage of your situation. However, we did confirm with the technician that these charges were approved before we installed the part. Please understand that the cost also included the labor of a certified HVAC technician to replace the ignitor safely and insure that the system was operating correctly afterwards. Thank you for your feedback. It is extremely valuable to us.

12/04/2020

Linda J.

Advanced heating and air solved our problem of an uncomfortable sunroom. They offered solutions, options, and information about a great system that was new to us...the Gree mini-split. We chose the Gree. The indoor components were slim-lined and fit right in with the room. The best part is that they were whisper quiet. (Also the outdoor opponent). The technicians were courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. Thank you Advanced heating and air for making our sunroom livable and enjoyable. Reg and Linda Jellicorse

Description of Work
Solution for heating and cooling a sunroom

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

11/18/2020

Edna K.

Went great, within first 15 minutes of looking at unit problem was determined! Within 45 minutes, or less problem taken care of, unit repaired, bill paid and he's on his way. Works perfectly now!! Tech was professional and took care not to make or leave a mess for me to clean up 😊

Description of Work
Heat stopped working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

06/12/2020

Ronald W.

Dishonest and deceitful company. Daniel came to our house to diagnose an issue with our residential water delivery system. He worked hard, but he wasn't able to resolve the problem. He assured me that I wouldn't be charged another $79 service call fee if he had to come back, so I called today to get him to return and replace the pressure reducing valve, which West Knox Utility District thought is the problem. Advanced Heat AC & Plumbing said the 10-minute fix would cost $295. So Daniel was right. It wouldn't cost $79. It would be nearly $300. Bottom line: do not trust these crooks. The many negative reviews are absolutely warranted. There are many better choices in the Knoxville area, starting with Ryan's Plumbing. Honest, outstanding and waaaay less costly.

Description of Work
Diagnose problem with water volume/pressure

Category plumbing,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

We are truly sorry that your experience with our company was less than satisfactory. However, the $295 we quoted you was the price for the repair. The $79 was for our service fee and diagnosis of issue, which would not be charged for a second visit. Please understand that we cannot lower pricing for every customer that threatens to leave us a bad review. It is unfortunate that you are displeased with our pricing and chose not to go with us for the repair. We thank you for the feedback and hope that this response could clear things up a bit.

12/12/2019

Edna K.

Very experienced technician. Above excleence from the initial call for service

Description of Work
HVAC repair

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

12/11/2019

ANGELA E.

It went good ad I have them for a couple of years now.

Description of Work
Advanced heating and air.

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

11/08/2019

Chris R.

The technician arrived during the windows they set up. They have a text service to show you when the tech will be arriving, and even include a map of the progress. The price seemed pretty consistent with what I expected to pay. They were able to get someone out a lot quicker than I assumed it would take. They ran into some issues with draining the old tank (which was ancient), but he was able to resolve it in a timely fashion. Overall, I was happy with the professionalism, and the job done.

Description of Work
Electric Water Heater installation

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

08/16/2019

Chris D.

I had an issue with My Ac it stopped working and had to call my warranty company, They called to set up appt for 5 days out. The tech came out he told me he had to rewire it. Well, it started working I was happy. so I thought everything was fine. It was running about 75 to 80 in my house all that month. It was pretty hot month so I thought it was normal "I have a metal roof" I got my electric bill in and it went up to around 425.00. So I thought ok. Then the next bill came in and it was over $600. I called the electric company and they advised me i was using 3 times amount of power for my house. They said more then likely its my ac unit. So I called my warranty company back and they sent out Advanced again and he said my heat strip was on all the time. The tech advised he fix it and everything was fine. Well, it was not it actually got hotter in my house. So I called again that night to set up appt. They scheduled it 5 days out. while i was waiting I called my electric company and asked how much power I am using. They said 3 times as much still over 21 amps. So the tech came back out and discovered that the heat strip was till running none stop with my AC. So basically I was trying to cool the house down and heat the house up at the same time. I called and complained that the previous tech did not do his job correctly and they did not care at all. The last tech finally fixed it but I am out a lot of money for overages on my electric bill. By the way, the electric company is going to give me a detailed report from the day they first came out to the last. They even said the day after they came the first time it tripled the next day.

Description of Work
HVAC Issue --Mutiple issues

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

Unfortunately due to the nature of aging HVAC equipment multiple failures can arise. On 5/20/19 we replaced a blown transformer and all checked out well. This is a very common part to fail and has nothing to do with the heater circuit. The next call we had was some 2 months later on 7/16/19 which our lead technician found a shorted heat sequencer which was replaced. A few days later on 7/20/10 a recall was placed, our technician found a intermittent problem with the circuit board that was effected by the shorting of the heat sequencer the board was changed out and system checked out well, and again the part failure in may had nothing to do with the July failures. Unfortunately intermittent problems are very difficult to pinpoint when the problem is not happening while the technician is there. We are very sorry for the dissatisfaction of the customer and will be reaching out to resolve. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction but unfortunately equipment failures are out of our control.

04/06/2019

Deanna R.

Once I made my decision, Advanced was super quick in scheduling, professional and productive, would definitely hire them again if I need any services they provide.

Description of Work
Convert HVAC to electric from gas

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

03/28/2019

Aaron C.

The work was tough because I have a lot of rock on my property and I'm on a slab but Advanced did an excellent job of working the problem and coming up with a viable solution that got our water working again, was up to code, and will be a better installation given my property characteristics. I can be confident that the work will last longer than the previous installation and if we sell our house I can confidently explain what happened and give future buyers peace of mind that the house is in better shape than when I bought it

Description of Work
Water main broke, had to fully replace from the meter to the house under slab

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 03/28/2019

Heating & air conditioning installation - Plumbing. Service & sales. Duct cleaning.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check