We accept remote payment

1st Choice Home Inspections

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2010

Nashville 615-538-7707 Knoxville 865-938-7575

Knoxville, TN 37938

1st Choice Home Inspections was founded in 2002 by Tommy Kirby. We are a multi-inspector firm servicing East TN as well as the Greater Nashville Area. Our inspectors are licensed by the State of Tennessee and members of InterNACHI. We provide great care to our clients by performing the best inspection possible. Tommy and his team have performed thousands of residential home inspections throughout Tennessee. After Hurricane Katrina, Tommy was one of a select group of licensed home inspectors hired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to inspect hurricane-damaged homes in Louisiana. Tommy performed more than 1,000 home inspections in the New Orleans area. Since 2004, 1st Choice Home Inspections has completed 12,000 Routine Inspections and 500 S.P.I. Inspections for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in Tennessee. When Tommy is not busy inspecting houses, he enjoys spending time with his wife and five children in Knoxville surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains. Licensing and Professional Associations: State of Tennessee Home Inspector License #217; International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), Member in Good Standing; International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2), Member in Good Standing...

08/10/2021

Brian E.

Perfect very good I used them multiple times

Description of Work
home inspection

01/03/2021

Aditya S.

I hired 1st choice for a home inspection in the Knoxville area as a home buyer. Thomas Crews was my inspector. My experience was fantastic! The most important thing is that the inspection was excellent and thorough. I had several things I wanted the inspector to look for. After his inspection, Thomas called me for around 15 minutes on the phone to go over the things I asked about and to tell me a bit more. When I saw the inspection report, I was amazed at how much he was able to inspect and document during his time slot. Importantly, it was very well written up and explained. I am not a first time home buyer, so I have seen two previous inspection reports. This report was worth much more. I hired 1st choice based on seeing that they had almost entirely positive reviews everywhere. For a company of this size, avoiding negative reviews is extremely difficult. I found that they were professional in conduct and responsiveness. The pricing was fair -- $395 for inspection and $150 for a 2 day Radon test. The Radon cost is a bit higher than other companies, but is a better test because it is 2 days of continuous monitoring with professional grade equipment and the inspector has to go back to get the equipment. In summary, I think is very likely the best inspection company in Knoxville. Comparable price with superior, professional, and knowledgable service.

Description of Work
Home Inspection & Radon Detection

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to work with you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the great review also!

07/24/2020

Deborah P.

Richard Triggs is amazing. Always courteous, professional, detailed, and timely. He conducts his business with the utmost integrity. He’s completed several inspections for us and we have complete confidence in his work. I highly recommend Richard.

Description of Work
Home inspections

Category home inspection,radon testing,mold removal

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We are happy to help and appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

05/12/2020

Cindy J.

They did a great job! I got my inspection report with pictures the same day. I was able to call and talk with David and get some additional information on an item I wasn’t quite sure about and he explained in detail. I would definitely use them again on any project requiring their services!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to assist you in your home purchase.

10/07/2018

Jeff H.

It went great, Richard was very thorough and explained everything he found. I feel like it was a good investment to have him inspect a home I thought was almost perfect. His pictures and report was extremely helpful, allowing me to work with the builder to get issues fixed.

Description of Work
New home inspection

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank you! Glad we could serve you.

05/06/2018

Mike B.

Tommy was very responsive, customer-focused, and professional. He completed the inspection promptly and provided the completed report promptly. We highly recommend him, his company, and service.

Description of Work
Stucco Inspection

01/01/2018

Lois H.

good company for your prepurchase inspection

Description of Work
new home inspection

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank your for the review!

11/02/2017

Jan K.

Perfect. We have moved many times and have never found a thorough and accurate Inspector, until now. Richard took his time. He answered all of my questions and made recommendations for the future care of our home. The experience couldn't have been better.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank you so much for the kind words !

08/10/2017

Christopher S.

Excellent service, excellent work. I would've given a better rating except I hired him to do an emergency inspection and due to time constraints needed the report a couple days earlier than normal--paid extra for this. Long story short, he says he sent the report but I didn't get it in time. I called, he sent it again, it still didn't come. He got a friend to send it and it came (2 days late). He said he'd refund the extra I paid but he never did.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for the review. This is Tommy Kirby the owner of First Choice Home Inspections. I can't find any record of us having performing an inspection at this address. And we never charge extra for a quick turnaround. Could you call me on my cell phone? 865. 696. 8823

07/07/2017

Sherri H.

Nathan Ivy was my inspector from the Knoxville branch. He was very friendly, and extremely thorough with his inspection. My report was ready the next day (minus the radon test which takes over 48 hours due to the nature of the testing) which was a lot earlier than I had expected. He and Tommy Kirby, the owner, kept me in the loop with emails and they even informed me when they were driving the mold samples to the lab for testing. They found mold which needed to be re mediated before the house could be safely lived in, and some structural things with the foundation which probably caused the mold. I paid $965 and it was worth every penny because if we had completed the home purchase without an inspection, we would have been stuck with thousands of dollars of repairs and probably been ill from the mold as well, I would totally recommend 1st Choice Home Inspectors to anyone in Nashville, or Knoxville, and the surrounding areas.

Description of Work
My husband and I needed an inspection on a home we had made an offer on. We had the regular home inspection, plus mold and radon testing.

Air Specialities LLC

30+ Years of indoor air quality experience. Locally owned & operated. We offer free inspections.

Bio-One of Knoxville Metro

We offer experienced and profession bio-hazard clean up services. Bio-One specializes in all types of extreme cleaning Suicide Cleanup Services, Blood Spill Cleanup Services, Crime Scene Cleanup Services, Clutter/Junk/Hoarding Clean Up and Decontamination, Mold Remediation Services, Odor Removal Services, Medical Waste/Sharps Removal, Trauma Cleanup Services, Rodent Dropping Removal, Detention Cells and Emergency Vehicle Decontamination, Drug Lab Remediation, Homeless Encampment Remediation, and Feces/Urine Cleanup. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Affordable Crawlspace Solution

With over 15 years of professional experience, we are here to address all your crawl space needs that you may have.

Tennessee
    State of Tennessee
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

We provide quality home inspections with detailed computer generated reports. In addition, we offer radon testing, asbestos testing, unbiased mold testing, well-water testing, sewer scope inspections, and indoor air quality testing. We also do EIFS inspections. We use infrared cameras and state of the art equipment in all of our testing and inspections. Home inspection fees start at $425.00. The final cost depends on the square footage and location of the house.

We do not offer any repair services.