General Home Repair & Remodeling

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2011

Individually owned and operated. Does not use sub contractors. Labor charges determined by the job + distance and possible delivery. For a faster response please call 423.791.2583...

We have been serving the tri-city’s for over 40 years with all their heating and cooling needs. HVAC Contractor We service all brands. Heat pump - sales & service & installation Gas heat - Sales & service & installation Oil heat - Sales & service & installation Rheem & Carrier & Trane Dealer

We make homeownership easier by offering heating and air conditioning, electrical, handyman, plumbing including tankless water heater service, gas lines, gas fireplace installs, and home automation services. Serving in Kingsport, Johnson City, and Bristol, TN. We also offer peace of mind to property managers by offering commercial contractor building services. Call anytime for emergency, 24 hour service. Our technicians are trained, licensed, and insured. We also offer affordable payment options and accept credit cards.

We are an independent electrical business based out of Rogersville, TN. Anything electrical is the specialty. There is no job too small for us. We can do anything from electrical panels to light switch or receptacle replacements. We strive for quality electrical work at an affordable price.

09/20/2019

Ian was professional, prompt, and hard working. He knows what he’s doing and he does it well. We are pleased with the work and the how it went

Description of Work
Ian corrected a prior contractors failure and did an excellent job. He structurally replaced and repaired the joists beneath our walk in tub and shower. Then he corrected issues we were having with the shower and tub. He did a little bit of everything - structural repair, tub and caulking, painting, drywall. Was the only one locally that would touch the job since it was originally another contractors major screwup.

Category home remodeling

06/06/2018

Ian came and researched the problems and immediately fixed the outlet issues and found that the failures in the lights weren't the switches but the fixtures themselves. He came back the same day and replaced them with ones I ran and got at Home Depot. He did a wonderful job and I really appreciate him.

Description of Work
Electrical work on my lights and a couple of power outlets.

Category electrician,handyman service,remodeling

Thank you so much. I hope to work with you again in the future.

02/24/2018

I called ian. He came out to look at things and do his thing. We talked about the job, time frame and general cost. He never showed back up or called. He wasted my time on telling me all he could do and told me he would call with a quote. Never heard from him again. How can you trust a contractor that won't even call you back with a quote when promised. Beware

Description of Work
finish bathroom, install front door, convert garage to livable space for my home

Category remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

11/30/2016

It went very well. Our communication regarding purchase of supplies and other stipulations was not good. Both of us were to blame for that.

Description of Work
Replacement of bad floor joist, jacking up of floor and replacing subfloor in kitchen

Category remodeling,woodworking

11/26/2016

His name is Ian Morgan. In every question you'll ask me, he's excellent, excellent, excellent. He does it right, very trustworthy, very responsible and honest. Oh yes, I would consider using General Home Repair & Remodeling again, hopefully next year when I'm gonna do my kitchen.

Description of Work
General Home Repair & Remodeling did some remodeling in the house for me. He remodeled the bathroom, big board on the ceiling.

Category home remodeling