Rowan Tree Care

Founded 2016 • With Angi since January 2017

141 Suncrest St.

Johnson City, TN 37615

The owner of Rowan Tree Care is Ed Sheffey. Ed is a 12 year Army Veteran and Engineer and Certified Arborist. He’s an expert in climbing, rigging, and risk management. You’ll never be disappointed with our pruning, removal, or stump grinding services. If you’re in need of affordable quality tree care in the tri-cities and the general northeastern TN area, do yourself a favor and support a veteran at the same time! **We offer emergency tree service**...

tree service (13)lawn care (2)lawn & landscaping (2)

05/26/2019

I am another customer impressed by this safety-conscience, attentive, courteous, and knowledgeable crew. Fully insured and cost effective too. They went the ‘extra mile’ without prodding. We, and our trees, were well cared for. Toward the end of their first day on our job, Ed received an ‘emergency’ call . . . a limb was down and holiday activities were eminent. Ed came back with enough crew to ha...

Description of Work
One tree removed, was too close to the house. Two larger trees trimmed, also close to house

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the review! You were a great customer to work for.

06/12/2018

Very disappointed! Too much was trimmed off one tree and clean up was NOT as expected. Twice I asked the crew to finish cleaning up the area, still lots of debris left. And then as they were leaving they went off my driveway leaving ruts in the yard, broke a fence around my roses and drove over my daylilies! When I reported this to the owner he said he would come up with a plan to fix things- stil...

Description of Work
Had a branch break from a pine tree removed. Another tree trimmed.

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

We are very sorry you weren't happy with our work. We intend to repair the small rut near the driveway, please understand we are in the middle of our busiest season. Thank you for the feedback and be sure we will use it to improve our services!

11/14/2017

Awesome. They were able to adapt to a change in my work schedule and still get the job done in half a day. They got the trees on the ground and I am doing the clean up. I dealt mainly with Joe but met Ed towards the end of the day. I would highly recommend letting them quote a job, you will not be disappointed. Thank you guys!!!!

Description of Work
tree felling, no clean up

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

Sir, it was a pleasure working for you and to showcase our technical training and skill bringing down trees that were leaning over the house. This is what you get when you hire veteran owned.

11/10/2017

These guys did an outstanding job. Trimmed, cut and cleaned up many trees. Very professional. Excellent price. Definitely recommend and will use them again soon.

Description of Work
Tree trimming/cutting

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

It was our pleasure to work for you. Thank you for the great recommendation, we appreciate the business.

10/11/2017

The team from Rowan was prompt, professional, safe and they know how to handle this very difficult job. In addition, knowing that Rowan Tree Care carried Liability Insurance was reassuring and provided confidence in their ability to get the job done safely.

Description of Work
Very complex tree removal over neighbor's property. Pruning of several large trees.

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

It was an absolute pleasure working for you. I wish you all the best in your new home!

07/10/2017

I spoke with Mr. Sheffy several days ago. He emailed an insurance certificate, and said his partner would contact me soon. Never heard from either. I understand they are busy, but it's only considerate and professional to let the potential customer know.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

I am sorry for the delay in contacting you. The truth of the matter is that I had a very serious injury last month (broken pelvis and left leg) and my partner is running the show by himself.

06/15/2017

Ed was very responsive and had great communication. Phones calls and emails were always replied to. Ed and his team did a great job removing a tree in our front yard and their clean up was great. Not one leaf left behind.

Description of Work
removal of 1 tree

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

06/01/2017

Really appreciated responsive communication on phone and emails. Great job with removal of 2 tress and trimming the 3rd.

Description of Work
Removal of 2 trees, trimming of 1 tree

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

Thank you for the opportunity [Member Name Removed]!

03/25/2017

Ed was very polite, respectful, as you'd expect from a young man with a long military background. Rowan Tree Service was also somewhat local to Wilkes-Barre. (I believe they are in Clarks Summit, PA.) The quoted price was accurate and reasonable, and he did his work promptly. Beyond removing elements of the tree that were both a fire hazard and a falling hazard, Ed's worked allowed the tree to rem...

Description of Work
Ed from Rowan Tree Care worked on a tree which was blocking a chimney and causing a fire hazard. The tree was also in a difficult area and over hanging my roof.

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

Thank you for the opportunity [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure meeting and working for you.

03/02/2017

The work was completed very satisfactorily! I would recommend Rowan Tree Care to anyone for tree pruning or other tree services. His quotes are fair and he does what he says he will do.

Description of Work
Hired Ed to prune several young trees.

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

Tree removal, stump removal, stump grinding, fruit tree pruning tree trimming, difficult access, emergency tree service

General landscaping.