Ashton Britt Service Company Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2010

3.7

115 W Old A J Hwy

Jefferson City, TN 37760

Up to $1250.00 in Trane rebates on select models. Up to $500.00 in rebates thru the TVA Energy Wright Program. Several financing option available. Trane Leasing Program for Commercial and Industrial installations. Residental, Commercial, and Industrial Sales, Installation, and Service....

06/03/2021

Mo M.

We have used Ashton Britt several times after moving back into the area about 11 years ago with absolutely no complaints. However, that all changed when we had our old HVAC unit and gas heat exchanger replaced in December, 2020. The unit never heated particularly well, but we chalked that up to just being different than what we were used to. Then the weather got hot, and the A/C would barely cool at all (85 degree day outside, 81 degrees inside). We obviously called to have them come out and take a look. Well, we have come to find out when they looked at it last week (the week before Memorial Day) it wasn't programmed correctly, the promised duct work repairs weren't done, and they didn't clean the condenser drain line out at all. Also, when they tried to get it straightened out, they fried at least one circuit board that they had to order. When we called earlier this week to find out the status of that order, the gentleman who answers their phones had absolutely no idea what we were talking about, and could provide no information whatsoever. We eventually got through (both my daughter and wife were calling to get info) to someone who confirmed the parts were in (at least one circuit board and a fan motor), and got the repairman scheduled (no complaints about the repairmen themselves BTW, they have been nothing but kind and professional). The parts were all installed on Tuesday, and things were working correctly (after more than a week without any heat or air at all). However, last night, the thermostat went completely blank and the whole system stopped working again. This time, it turns out that the aforementioned condensation drain line was clogged, and they charged us ~$240 to clean it out and "modify" it (they drilled a hole in it) as that was "not included" in the installation of the new unit. My complaints boil down to three points: 1) the unit was not installed/programmed correctly from the beginning, 2) promised work was simply not done (we had to patch up our duct work ourselves despite being (verbally) assured multiple times that it would all be taken care of), and 3) they charged us for something simple that should have been taken care of during the installation of the new unit. The ONLY reason I would use them again is because their repairmen are 100% professional. They absolutely know their trade and are genuinely nice guys. When we deal with this company in the future, we will get EVERYTHING in writing, and we will go over that with a fine toothed comb. Caveat Emptor!

Description of Work
Replacement of home HVAC unit

04/09/2020

Ken A.

Extremely professional - great attitude - excellent followup - went beyond to make sure that everything was just right including a followup visit by a QC manager. Couldn't have been a better experience.

Description of Work
Installed new HVAC unit

06/26/2018

Renee H.

I requested a quote and was contacted very promptly and an appointment was made. On the day of the appointment, no one showed up. After approx. an hour, I contacted the company and was told no appointment existed. After providing them the name (David) of the person I spoke with, date, and time, I was placed on hold. After speaking with someone else, I was assured I would be called back once they spoke to David. Two hours later, I called them back since they had not returned the call. I was told they would be out later in the day, and they would call when they were on the way. David arrived later in the day and without calling to let me know he was on his way. Upon giving me the estimates on the new units, I questioned some additional and unnecessary work he was wanting to do. (It would have qualified for a TVA rebate though). I told him I wanted to know what my A/C units were going to cost. I hadn't even mentioned the other work. If he wanted to suggest additional work, then do that seperately. David refused to do that and stated it was all together. I told him it was 2 separate things and wanted the cost of the A/C units. He still refused to break the cost down. I had also mentioned that I wanted the air purification systems. David never gave me a quote on those at all. I was very disappointed with their punctuality, time spent waiting all day, lack of air purification system quote, and finally, the refusal to breakout the A/C purchase and installation cost from cost of other work he wanted to do for efficiency purposes. I had contacted them initially because Trane was one of the brands I was considering. I would not recommend them due to the above reasons. I ended up going with another company to purchase my 2 A/C systems and my 2 Air Purification systems.

Description of Work
I needed to purchase 2 new heating and air systems.

06/19/2017

Cheryl G.

We had a split system with indoor/outdoor units that they switched to a single outdoor unit. When the quote was given they told me the return air vent only would be where the old indoor unit was which would allow space for a closet or something where the old unit was.....they did NOT tell me it would leave a huge opening in my wall where the old unit cover was. After it was installed the tech said they do not include closing it in, but that they could possibly do that for an additional charge. I asked why the original covering couldn't just be put back and they said that it was part of the unit itself and had to go with it. We told them at quote that we wanted to do the e-score program. I have called multiple times trying to find out about that part and they said they do not really know how it works because the person that was their expert on that no longer works there. The owner who gave us the quote has still not contacted us and we have had the unit about 3 weeks now. He never came back out after install like he said he would during the quote meeting. They said he's been on vacation for at least a week and half now. So maybe after his vacation we will hear something back. On a positive note, the unit seems to work great! And so far we have been able to run it at a much lower capacity than our old unit which should save us $ on our electric bills.

Description of Work
We had a new HVAC unit installed in our home.

09/13/2016

Marcus I.

My unit was under warranty and they said both units needed more coolant. However I later found out that I should not have been billed for it. They also told us we potentially might have problems with our units. I recently had another authorized Trane dealer look at the units and told me that what they did and what they charged was never necessary. Also my units are working fine with no "future" problems in sight.

Description of Work
We decided to purchase the yearly cleaning. The units would be cleaned once in the summer and once in the winter.

09/01/2016

Roger F.

Description of Work
Ashton Britt Serv Co. did an excellent job of balancing our HVAC system. They corrected deficiencies/and omissions which our previous installer created. When they found the it that we didn't have the extended warranty that we had paid for they attempted (unsuccessfully) to get it for us. When that happened they gave us a substantial discount. They are not necessarily the cheapest, but I feel they are in the upper 5 percent of providers in the East Tennessee area.

09/16/2015

Richard G.

Description of Work
Installed 1 ton Mitsubishi heat pump and having some blown in insulation work done also. Some communication problems at first, but since resolved. Excellent quality work. I would use them again. Kudos to Mike B and his team.

05/21/2015

Neil S.

Description of Work
Had new 4ton ac unit and gas furnace installed. Installed and wrapped all new ducts for first floor. Very professional and respectful.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

02/11/2015

Alan B.

10/23/2014

Janet K.

07/22/2013

Neil S.

Called to set appt as both ac units stopped. Got to us first thing following day. Diagnosed first unit issue and repaired. Diagnosed and repaired 2nd unit. Gone in 2 hours.

Description of Work
Both our HVAC units went down. Got to us as quickly as possible. Fixed issues quickly.

07/04/2012

RON H.

I called them on Saturday night , July 1 and was told they could come out Sunday morning and would call on their way, but it was holiday rate of $140/hour. It was over 100 degrees and I have children and wife with asthma, so I agreed to the rate. On Sunday morning, technician shows up without call at 8:30 in the morning. The technician looked at the unit, determined that it was the capacitor and possibly the fan motor, but did not have the size on the truck. I was informed it would be ordered and installed on Tuesday July 3, but I would be called on Monday to verify that the parts would be in.. This service call lasted less than 30 minutes. I never received a call, so I called on Tuesday morning and was told the parts were coming in and would be installed. My wife was at the house when it was repaired as I was at work. The technician took less than 45 minutes to repair and it took this long as he had to wait for her to write the check. The final bill $665.00.Fan motor-$165Copasiter( his spelling not mine)- $85.00/ Labor-1.5 hours @ $140/ 2.5 hours @ $70 / Total labor $385.00/ Travel slip- 2 @ $20/ When I got the bill I called and spoke with Sam, who informed me he was the owner as well as the technician who serviced my A/C. I asked how he had determined the labor charges for the service I received and he informed me he had to travel an hour to get to my house. His place of business is less than 15 miles from my house. I guess he felt the need to charge me for his travel from his house to his place of business.He was rude and arrogant in his response, and informed me I agreed to the holiday charge. I just never realized that July 1st was a holiday, but what do I know. I told him I wish I could drive around in my air-conditioned truck drinking Coca-Cola and charge my customer an exorbitant labor rate for an hour of real work.......I would be retired already! I can only imagine that the next customer after me paid an inflated labor rate also. The real kicker is the justification of inflated labor rate due to travel and then charging me two travel slips for $20 each. In my opinion, this is not an ethical business practice, but being a price-gouging opportunist taking advantage of customers at the mercy of a heat wave, somewhat similar to ice companies charging huge rates to the residents of New Orleans after hurricane Katrina. I would never recommend that anyone ever use them for any services, and I will continue to spread the message through word of mouth, better business bureau reports, and even submitting an editorial opinion in the local paper.

Description of Work
My A/C unit quit working and the capacitor and fan motor had to be replaced.

03/29/2010

Beth H.

The installers did a great job installing the system,but the manager tried to oversell me and then it took several calls to obtain the paperwork for tax deductions. Very unprofessional manager!!

Description of Work
Replaced heating/ac system

Marshall Cleaning Service

Marshall Cleaning Service provides excellent service at an affordable price. Marshall proudly serves the Knoxville and surrounding area. Marshall services residential & commercial customers. Marshall is arresting dirt all around the Knoxville area. Marshall proudly takes a bite out of grime.

Offers by Marshall Cleaning Service on Angi
    Mr. Electric Of Tri Cities

Mr. Electric is a locally owned franchise serving the East Tennessee cities of Tri-Cities, Knoxville, Morristown and Sevierville, as well as communities in between. As full-service electricians, we can handle all your electrical needs from complete panel changes and home re-wiring to electrical systems for outdoor living spaces and boat docks. Need fixtures installed? We’ve got it. Installing a hot tub or pool? We can help. Call us to set up an appointment for a service technician to evaluate your situation and give you a quote. *We offer 10% for all military* *Fees for quote waived with contracted work. After-hours emergency service is available. At Mr. Electric we have the power to make things better!

Duncans Electrical

We provide quality and affordable electrical services. No job too big or small. Licensed and insured electrician

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Design, engineering, installation, repairs & maintenance of heating and A/C systems, air conditioning compressors & evaporator coils, heat pumps, duct systems & other a/c system components.