Tim Ferguson Plumbing Air & Electric Co Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2011

320 Sterling St

Jackson, TN 38301

Tim Ferguson Plumbing, Air & Electric is West Tennessee’s premier provider of professional and quality plumbing, heating and air service. We have built our reputation on unparalleled service and exceptional work for our customers. Our goal is to provide you with quality plumbing, air & electrical

Heidi B.
08/03/2022
We had used Garrett and they were awesome. We had a gas leak that needed repaired quickly and Garrett couldn't get to us for a few days. We called Tim Ferguson because we were going to be without hot water. Tim Ferguson explained the process that they would be out the next morning, give an estimate to be signed, go to the city for a work permit, and once the permit was issued begin work. This was Tuesday morning they came at 8:15. No estimate was presented or signed. They came back later Tuesday morning, said they had permit and completed work and they put a 40 lb pressure test on the line that had to maintain at 40 lbs for 12 hours then the city building inspector could evaluate, tag that it's OK, and jea could reconnect. 12 hours would have been up at 2:30am Wednesday. My husband called at 8am Wednesday to follow up and he was told we were at the mercy of the city inspector and that office and that that office "didn't get in a hurry." We waited until 2 pm on Wednesday and called the city building inspectors office ourself when we were told that Tim Ferguson had not filed for the work permit as they said they had. We called Tim Ferguson about this and spoke with Brian Ferguson who said the building inspectors office had told 2 of their customers the same thing. He said the city had deducted payment for the permit from their account and that he was looking at the permit in front of him. He said he would contact the building inspectors office and take care of it. On Thursday we contacted the city inspectors office again who said they still had no application for permit. After many conversations with various people at Tim Fergusons, we were finally told by Paula Marrow the admin assistant at the building inspectors office that the permit request was received electronically Friday morning and the building inspector was scheduled to come out the following Monday. After many request to various people at Tim Ferguson, including Brian Ferguson by my husband in person, no one produced any proof that they had filed for the building permit on Tuesday as we were told. We wanted this in order to take issue with the city. The only thing Tim Ferguson produced was the permit that was issued on Friday and dated fridays date. We were told this was all they could produce and would produce. All the staff at Tim Fergusons were all too ready to throw the building inspectors office under the bus but never produced the proof they said they had. Its unfortunate but it appears that Tim Ferguson is not honest and forthright. Go to Garrett!
Description of Work
Repair gas leak
gas leak repair
Jennifer J.
06/29/2020
Wouldn’t know never show they called n said they were short staffed rescheduling
Description of Work
Add water spigot outside house
plumbing, ceiling fans
Butch R.
03/14/2020
Very well ! Dispatch to Technicians were courteous, professional and punctual. Highly recommend this firm for any Plumbing needs.
Description of Work
Replaced one toilet and repaired another one.
Shawana B.
03/12/2020
When he arrived at my home he was here all of 5 minutes and came out said that before he started I would need to fix the tile in my bathroom first and then he could rebuild or put in a new system. Something about all of that just didn't sit well with me. So, I called another company for a second opinion and they came out same day and assessed the problem told me he could repair it at a minimum cost and did. It was 395.00 cheaper than what this guy proposed. It has not dripped since and I have been able to fix the tile in my bathroom and all is well. I don't know if he just didn't want to do the job or he didn't thoroughly assess the situation, but I am glad I went with my gut and got a second opinion.
Description of Work
A dripping faucet
janice B.
03/03/2020
Great and I called them to come back for more work
Description of Work
Electrical
electrician, plumbing, drain cleaning
ann K.
02/07/2020
He did a good job, very polite and explained everything to me. Would refer him to anyone.
Description of Work
New outlets.
Curtis S.
01/14/2020
Arrived timely, explained work done, very courteous and proficent
Description of Work
fixing bathtub stopper and replacing toilet ring
Mike Y.
11/20/2019
I scheduled service for my elderly mom. They came out and went over what they think the problem is but had to go on the roof. It was raining and there was still snow on the roof so they wanted a more favorable day. Not a problem. Tech even called me to explain the issue and we would get charged a service fee for coming out but wouldn't next time when they preform the work. Not a problem. Then, the customer service manager calls me to confirm the next trip and says there will be a service charge again. I explained what the tech told me before and she became pretty rude even saying maybe I need to find another company for the work. I cancelled them to come back out entirely based on her.
Description of Work
Clogged drain in garage
Tammy B.
09/09/2019
Excellent customer service. They did a great job. I have the home plan they provide and i pay monthly to cover my house for plumbling, ac/heating . i highly reccomend his team. 2 wks later my ac went out. THEY CAME RIGHT OUT. MY AC WAS STILL UNDER WARRANTY. They fixed it.
Description of Work
They added electrical outlets ti my she shed and put in my light fixtures.
Category
electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing
Lynn W.
07/22/2019
I was lied to concerning my attic not having a fan box already installed for one. The electrician that we actually hired stated their was a fan box. Also Ferguson’s estimate was over double what our second estimate was. Beware!
Description of Work
Additional outlets and a fan installed.
stephen T.
07/17/2019
did get a response from any a/c contractors
Description of Work
additional central unit or larger complete new unit
Scott N.
07/13/2019
They found the issue quickly and had the house cooling off again within an hour of being there....on a Saturday!!
Description of Work
Air conditioner was not turning on.
Laura W.
02/04/2019
The company was very prompt in responding to my inquiry. The young man sent out was very courteous and personable, not to mention professional. He took time to explain what he needed to do, and how it would be done. My cat even liked him and my "Dawg" left him a nice wet present in the floor behind him (I was so embarrassed but that is what they do, isnt it?) and he didnt skip a beat. Patted Dawg on the head and kept working.
Description of Work
repair a previous plumbers errors/leaks, install drain hardware previous plumber left uninstalled, snake slow drain
Irwin K.
12/28/2018
Great. Very quick response. Someone came within a few hours and did the work for far less than estimated.
Description of Work
Change of outlet for new range top.
Karen B.
12/21/2018
Very well. Extremely responsive and professional
Description of Work
Repaired leaks and installed pressure valve
Kimberly R.
09/27/2018
My electrician Josh was very professional. He kept me informed of what he was going to do. He finished the job in a timely manner. I was please with service. If I need any other electrical, plumbing or air/heat service I will definitely call and/or recommend Tim Ferguson.
Description of Work
outside dust til dawn light fixture
Lucy L.
04/25/2018
The technician came beginning of month and relit the pilot light but said if it did not stay lit I would have no alternative but to replace the water heater. Left me an estimate for a new water heater and installation and tried to sell me a service contract so replacement would be cheaper. Decided to get a second opinion and called another company the next day. Second company recognized the problem and fixed it for the price of a service call and I've had hot water ever since. Waited to write this review for several weeks to make sure problem solved and it was--but not by Ferguson Plumbing. Just grateful it only cost me $ 59 and that I followed my instinct to get a second opinion.
Description of Work
I suspected my pilot light on water heater was out one one of the units. No hot water.
plumbing, water heater repair
Jeremy G.
02/09/2018
We are remodeling an entire house, and completely removing and replacing the entire electrical system, and also a kitchen and a couple bathrooms and need pipes moved and brought up to code. I called them a few months ago for the electrical quote, and then today for plumbing quote. I did not have them come for a quote because they wanted $59 just to come out and give a quote. The electric ended up being a $7000 job, and I expect three plumbing would be a $1500-2000 job and they can't even come out and give a free quote? I have 2 other plumbers coming out with no charge for the quote. In the process of this project, I've had electricians, framers, drywallers, and flooring people come out with no charge for quote. This company has a good reputation, and I likely would have hired them for the jobs. But, I'm not going to pay for a quote. That's not industry standard, and basically I'm paying them before I have any idea what they'd charge for the job. So they missed out on close to $10,000 worth of work, all over a $59 fee to provide a quote, that any other company in town would not charge for.
Description of Work
Plumbing for a kitchen remodel.
electrician, plumbing
Cindy F.
01/16/2018
1) - cleaned fireplace logs with a brush, (I've done myself before) and told me that there is no adjustment needed, just clean logs regularly. (This is incorrect, used the fireplace only 1 time since then and logs are COVERED with ash/soot again - didn't used to happen in the first 5 years...) Charge: $69 for house call/cleaning of logs (did nothing to fix the problem). 2) identified the problem for the wet wall, repaired (replaced) a section of pipe with a hole in it. ($250 - original $69 house call for fireplace, plus tax). Follow-up phone call offering an annual maintenance service for furnace inspection for only $235(?) PER UNIT. When I did call (about 3-4 weeks later, Nov '17, the person I spoke with was unavailable, I left my name and phone number for her to return my call, never heard back - didn't bother calling again if they weren't interested in my business.)
Description of Work
2 things - check gas fireplace (excessive ash on logs) and check wet wall
plumbing, fireplaces
Anna G.
12/26/2017
The father/son team sent were absolutely professional and very conscience of doing a good job. Job turned out to be more than they thought but they worked until they were finished even though it was after hours. I would hire them again any time!!
Description of Work
There was a sewage smell in the house. Most of the plumbing didn't have vents and the ones that did were damaged. Electrical was also not working right and wasn't grounded.
electrician, plumbing, drain cleaning
david J.
10/04/2017
It's free. There's a membership fee, so they don't charge for that unless they have to replace something. It's very thorough and I don't have to worry about what they do.
Description of Work
They did an annual check up.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member Information Removed] much Mr. [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your experience while using the services offered by our company!! WE appreciate you as a customer! Thanks again
Christine B.
09/11/2017
Perfect. I like their work well enough that I renewed membership
Description of Work
checked heating for winterizing. renewed yearly membership
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ms. [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking your time to share this rating and review! We appreciate your business and hope you have a wonderful day
Susan I.
07/11/2017
We called Tim Ferguson and had a technician at our house in one hour. He added freon and we were back up and running in no time. We could not believe the response time! What a wonderful company!
Description of Work
Our a/c stopped cooling earlier this summer. And, as these things always seem to happen, it was 5 pm. We assumed it would be the next day before anyone could come out.
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ms. [Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your review and rating of our company. We appreciate your business and hope your are doing well! Thanks again
Nick Y.
05/30/2017
Problem fixed promptly and concerns/questions were addressed professionally
Description of Work
Clean and service units
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mr. Yatsura for sharing your review and thoughts while using our company! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future. Also, keep in mind not only do we service, repair and replace HVAC units we also service plumbing and electrical needs!
lisa T.
04/23/2017
INEXPERIENCED TIME WASTER FOR $129 UNDIAGNOSED PROBLEM
Description of Work
THEY CHARGE $129 TO COME OUT AND DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM. TWO VISITS AT 2 HOURS EACH NO DIAGNOSIS FOR OUTLETS OUTAGE. WEEKDAY NEXT APPT ABRUPTLY CANCELLED STATING "NO AVAILABLE ELECTRICIANS". APPT. WAS MADE A WEEK PRIOR. SWITCHED TO ANOTHER ELECTRICIAN WHO FIXED THE PROBLEM IN 10 MINUTES FLAT.
electrician, plumbing

HVAC Firm of Memphis, LLC

HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING, COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL, SALES - SERVICE -INSTALLATION We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Wild Freedom

The operators at Wild Freedom have over 40 years of combined experience performing all kinds of different tasks. It takes experience and knowledge to build a pond, a bank to prevent flooding or tapering the land to prevent the new or existing home from being flooded. There is a lot more to land clearing than simply knocking trees over and pushing them into a pile.

G&J Jhonys Remodeling

experience on remodeling for 10 years I do construction residential and commercial I'm professional in all my work, always on time very responsible, here is a list of my services drywall, paint, carpet installation, all types of floors, precision washer, install windows and doors, dump service, land scape, plumbing and carpenter. please do not hesitate to contact me thank you

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, PayPal, Financing Available

Residential & Commercial Plumbing Repair & Replacement, Air Conditioning Repair & Installation, Heating Repair & Replacement, & Electrical Service Installation & Repair.

NA