Window Genie of Chattanooga

Founded 2009 • With Angi since May 2011

4.4

4710 HIXSON PIKE STE 12

Hixson, TN 37343

Window Genie of Chattanooga is committed to customer satisfaction and professionalism in the areas of Chattanooga, Hixson, Ooltewah & surrounding communities. With world class training and service standards, you will feel safe knowing our uniformed technicians will take great pride in caring for

06/04/2019

Lonnie J.

I called Window Genie about cleaning my windows and they sent out someone to give me an estimate. He gave me an estimate to clean my windows and pressure wash the house. I asked about cleaning the screens and he told me that it was included with the pressure washing (otherwise it's a $2 per window charge if you don't get the pressure washing). When they came to perform the work, one person came in the house to start on the windows and the other person started pressure washing. When he started on the windows he took the screens out so they never got cleaned because he took them out before the guy pressure washing got to them. Also when he took the screens out, all the dust, grass, etc got all over my floors because he never wiped the frame of the screen clean. And he never cleaned the window sills. He did a good job on the windows but the screens were never cleaned or the window sills. When they got done pressure washing there were several spots they missed and they didn't pressure wash my front steps. The next day when the office called to get my credit card number for payment I told her about these problems. She told me it was an extra $2 charge to clean the window sills. She also asked me if I wanted them to come back out to get the spots they missed pressure washing. Of course I wanted them to come back out and finish the job that wasn't done right the first time. When they came back out they came inside and cleaned the screens first. They must have wiped them down with a wet rag because they never really took them outside and washed them. Once again there was stuff all over my floors that I had to clean up after they left. And my window sills on the inside were really dirty also. When they got done pressure washing they asked me to come outside and look at it. Once again I had to point out spots they still missed. I asked them about pressure washing behind my bushes and they told me that was the cleanest it would come. Not at all pleased with Window Genie and would never hire them again.

Description of Work
Window cleaning and pressure washing

Category window cleaning, pressure washing

What is not said here is the follow up service for additional services they felt should be included in the coupon price they received was done at no charge...i.e. track and sill cleaning; pressure wash concrete(because it was connected to the house). We follow up on every job...not just to collect payment, but to make sure it is done to the customer's satisfaction. Please continue to read our excellent reviews.

08/08/2018

Jennifer W.

They claimed to have cleaned the gutters on the back side of our two story home. The gutters continued to spill over and they would not come back out to fix without charging me again.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

We cleaned your gutters on May 14. We followed up with a phone call on May 15. When you paid by credit card on June 14, there was no mention of gutters overflowing. We did not receive any notice of gutters overflowing until July 26. With the record rainfall and storms that have fallen in this area in May, June, and July, your gutters would have been overflowing well before July 26, and you most likely have storm debris in one of your gutters. As you were told, we would be happy to return, but we would have to charge for that.

05/10/2017

Elaine C.

When I called to make the appointment I told the person to make sure they had ladders to reach the gutters and windows on back side of house which is 3 stories. I They came unprepared to reach the gutters and windows on back side of house. This happened the first time we used them 4 years ago. They came out and did not clean the gutters on the back side of the house but did not tell us they did not. We found out when we had gutter guards installed. They filled up three trash bags full of decayed leaves from the gutters that had never been cleaned. Thought I would give them a second chance and took the day off from work. The workers came unprepared to clean the gutters on the back side of the house.

Description of Work
Gutters and windows cleaned.

Category gutter cleaning, window cleaning

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], When we were called out two years ago..not four...to clean your gutters, we did not charge you anything as I told you and your husband that the back side of your house needed a 40 ft. Ladder which we do not have. My guys did clean the gutters on three sides of your house at no charge, and I told you would have to get someone who had a forty foot ladder. When you called us out to clean your gutters again, you were told that we could clean three sides of your gutters, but not the back. You told my guys to proceed as you had installed gutters guards on the back. I am sorry for any misunderstanding you might have gotten from this, but we have never cleaned any gutters over 2.5 stories and all our customers are advised on this.

08/04/2016

Linda T.

I contacted them based on the recommendation of a co-worker. After playing phone tag with them once, I left multiple messages trying to request an estimate, but they never returned any outside of the orginal call. I guess they must not need new business...

Description of Work
Window Cleaning and Pressure Washing

07/14/2015

Robert H.

The entire experience seemed like they were looking for excuses not to work. Telling me why they could NOT do something or why they missed items that were supposed to be accomplished. Originally they were supposed to wash all the windows inside and out , and power spray the house exterior and numerous concrete locations around the house. All items were included on the quote that they submitted us, but when we checked their work after they left, they said they knew nothing about the items that they wrote on the quote. Kind of strange. The first day work was supposed to be done, workers were told that the water may be shut off for a short period of time for a water heater replacement, if the plumber showed up. So instead of working and just taking a break for the short span of water outage, they did nothing. The plumber never showed up so a work day gone to waste. When they were able to make it out (granted we had to reschedule them a few times due to other contractors being delayed), they only accomplished part of the job. We had a shed on a concrete pad in the back yard that was on the estimate for power spraying and they never did it. When asked why, they told us that it was not on the list to be done, but it was plainly listed on the estimate at a $200 fee. When asked why they did not wash the windows in the sunroom, they said because the door was locked. Although no contact was initiated to us to unlock the door, so they just did not do it. There was over $400 in window washing to be done (which seemed kind of high). In the end, we had other contractors do their window washing and power spray the shed. Which turned out to be a bonus because we found out other companies do what they do for less money and better work ethic.

Description of Work
Power Spray Exterior concrete areas

06/16/2015

tammy S.

They did a great job. They have a good price. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used them a couple of weeks ago for cleaning.

04/15/2015

Leah L.

It took them 2-3 hours. It was excellent. They scheduled an appointment and nobody showed up. They had to reschedule it.

Description of Work
I used Window Genie. They cleaned my windows.

12/03/2014

Diana T.

I'm really happy with them and I have them out every 6 months. They're very flexible with scheduling and the workers are very neat and careful with the furniture. They were great with moving any potted plants and I'll definitely keep using them.

Description of Work
I had them out to clean all my windows.

10/24/2014

Kenneth B.

Reggie Suits (owner) came out to the home on 10/6/2014 to provide an estimate for the services. He was professionally dressed, polite, and very professional. He provided a written estimate on the spot and said his office would call the next day to set up a time when the services could be performed. This didn't happen. I had to execute the follow up by calling the office and leaving a message. My call was returned shortly thereafter and I was told that the soonest they could get to me was 10/24/2014. The work was scheduled for 10/24/2014, but the office did not provide an estimated time for that day. On 10/24/2014 I called the office around 10:00 am to confirm the appointment and ascertain a time I could expect to see the workers. Since no one answered the phone, I had to again leave a message. The call was returned shortly thereafter and I was told the workers would be at my home around 2:00 pm. When the workers still had not arrived by 3:45 pm, I again called the office. Similar to before, no one answered the phone. The workers finally arrived just after 4:30 pm. The individual was sloppily dressed and appeared out of breath. He acknowledged being late. I advised the worker that it was unacceptable to be showing up so late in the afternoon and that I had taken steps to contract another service provider. The worker seemed irritated and walked off disgusted. No apologies or offers to reschedule were provided. Based upon this experience, there are definitely a couple of takeaways with Window Genie. 1. Don't expect a quick turnaround from time of estimate to actual work performed. Expect to wait. 2. Don't expect a person to answer the phone. Expect to leave a message and have your call returned a little bit later. 3. Don't expect to be notified on schedule delays or confirmation of your appointment. 4. Don't expect quality service. Expect arrogance and casual concern for your business. Recommendation: Look beyond Window Genie for your window and house cleaning needs and save yourself a lot of frustration.

Description of Work
Power wash the home exterior and clean all windows inside and out. Approximate cost of service $434.00.

Category window cleaning, pressure washing

I take customer service very seriously and I tell my employees most every day how important it is....that it is really what we sell. I am disappointed that the gentleman feels we dropped the ball, and we did by being late. I do know that our techs were late that day because of an equipment failure at another job site. I also know that they called and left a message with this gentleman that they were running late which is our protocol. Please accept our apologies and continue to read our excellent reviews.

07/14/2014

Linda B.

The installation team, Austin & Bradley, showed up on time and were very nice and professional. Since Bradley was new, Austin was teaching him as he did the installation. Austin did an excellent job with the installation and Bradley kept everything picked up. The film was installed on 2 french door windows and 1 fairly large half circle window above. I love the new window film and so far my afternoon temps in the front of my home (facing west) are either the same or maybe 1 degree higher than the rear of the my home. I am extremely happy!!!

Description of Work
They installed Suntek ULVDS 40 window film to help with blocking the heat from the afternoon sun.

04/29/2014

Teresa W.

They were courteous, professional, prompt and did a good job.The price was reasonable. I plan to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Window Genie of Cleveland TN for window cleaning services.

03/25/2014

Cathy B.

Everyone was prompt & professional and we will call them again when needed.

Description of Work
window washing inside and out

03/18/2014

jimmie J.

I only had 14 windows and they came out to tell me the work would be double the 14 windows I had. The reason being the storm windows counted as well, doubling the amount of work they said they would do. I decided not go with them because it sounded ridiculous.

Description of Work
I had them give me an estimate for window cleaning.

11/20/2013

James G.

Despite contacting Window Genie TWICE, they never showed up to give me an estimate. When I called to inquire, I was rescheduled and also told it was not necessary for me to be home. When I had not heard any thing for several days, I again called and was told the estimate still had not been done. In the meantime, my house sold and I had no further use for Window Genie and I saved money because of their ineptness.

10/13/2013

Marcia C.

Very responsible, show up on time, get all the work done, put us on a schedule for twice a year, great guy to deal with. No complaints!

Description of Work
Clean gutters 3stories high. Very high pitched roof, excellent job, great price!

Category gutter cleaning, window cleaning

08/28/2013

cheri J.

The owner of the Cleveland franchise Chris Knabb was the nicest young man, very professional!! He returned my phone call the same day, which is unusual these days for many service providers it seems, and came when he said he was to give the free estimate. I thought the value was excellent. The house looked brand new after the pressure washing and he did my deck too. Windows spotless. He cleaned one of my neighbor's house the same day which was a big job; therefore, did not quite finish mine that day as I was the second job. He returned on the next day which happened to be a Saturday to finish the last little bit. How many service providers come out on Saturday? Needless to say very pleased with his company and he has now done 2 other people that I told and they are pleased as well. He even helped my 89 y/o mother with a non-window issue she needed help with moving something.

Description of Work
Contracted to clean windows inside and out and clean gutters and pressure wash whole house- a 2 story house.

Category gutter cleaning, window cleaning, pressure washing

07/24/2013

Laurie H.

Next day someone called back to say they could get to the job in following week, however, their tone was not the least bit professional.nor did they seem to appreciate my business, so I elected to do business with someone else- Caution - Despite all the radio advertising, they are wasting their money if they are going to treat potential customers in this manner..

Description of Work
Dropped appointment from books, day before appointed service, called to confirm time. Was informed after having made an appointmnet and waiting almost a month to get in their service queue that I was not on their schedule!

02/11/2013

Sammie S.

I used this company once. They did a good job on the window cleaning and a less than average job on the pressure washing. They did accomodate my need for immediate service. This is the THIRD time I've responded to your request for a survey, please don't ask me again.

Description of Work
Window cleaning and pressure washing.

02/04/2013

Travis H.

I submitted an online quote request for pressure washing of my house and concrete cleaning. They promptly returned my call, arranged for an in-home quote, and met me for the quote. The gentleman was very professional. He quoted $175 for pressure washing and $149 for concrete cleaning. He came out a couple of days later to perform the work. The work was great. I only wish I had used them sooner.

Description of Work
Excellent work

Category pressure washing

09/27/2012

Shelly A.

They did a good job. I will definitely use them at least once a year. Their price was worth it. My overall experience with them was excellent.

Description of Work
I have used Window Genie of Chattanooga company for pressure washing services. They cleaned the windows inside and out. They pressure washed the siding and they cleaned my gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, window cleaning, pressure washing

09/27/2012

Patricia K.

From estimate to actual service they were prompt efficient and very professional and friendly the end result was very pleasing.

Description of Work
Pressure washing home.

Category pressure washing

09/13/2012

Diana T.

I have been in my house for 15 years, and the windows had been cleaned only about twice, and never both inside and outside, so they were really dirty. My two-storey house has 16 regular windows, 3 large half rounds (each one over a pair of regular windows), 2 round windows, a pair of French doors, and sidelights at the front door. They were scheduled for the afternoon on a day when it rained; they called me about 9:30 and postponed, rescheduling the next day, at my convenience. They were prompt, neat, pleasant to deal with, and professional. It is such a pleasure to be in my house with sparkling, clean windows! I have scheduled them to come again in December. The price, which was for the first-time cleaning, was fair and reasonable. They gave me a price for the next time that is about $30 less for the whole job. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Window Genie cleaned the windows inside and out, leaving no mess behind. They removed and cleaned the screens. They swept away the spiders webs and other debris around the windows, inside and out, and they cleaned the sills. They managed not to damage any of the plants in my shrubbery and flower gardens around the house, There were no drips and mess inside the house.

08/16/2012

Bridgette F.

Excellent.....communication through cleaning the windows.

Description of Work
Wondow Genie did a great job and the window glistened. They were very professional and cleaned up after themselves leaving no mess to clean up. They were very polite and helpful. They took the screens off and wiped them off and put them back once they cleaned the window, inside and outside. We are using them again this month for a rental property to be cleaned. A+++ company and service.

07/19/2012

Michelle L.

They gave me an estimate and then returned after a week to do the job. The workers were very friendly. They also cleaned up after. I was really satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
I used the service of Window Genie of Chattanooga for window cleaning two months ago.

07/19/2012

Laura P.

Came out for estimate and was very professional...made estimates for several rooms of windows. After I studied the estimates, I was allowed to chose the areas I wanted to proceed with. I also was permitted to use different levels of film for different rooms. There may be others that would do it for a little less but I wanted the backing of a good company in case there were any problems...these films have a lifetime guarranty. The day of installation 2 men arrived and worked very quickly and professionally to un and then reinstall the 4 windows up high in the living room...the prior film had bubbled and was not doing enough to protect. They also installed all the windows in our bedroom and in the upstairs "bonus" room. They cleaned as they went and there was no clean up needed after they left. It was a 3-4 hour job. I had a very good experience with this company and would use again.

Description of Work
Took off prior film on 4 windows and applied new to those 4 and also 8 others.

Category security windows