LABBY LANE KENNEL

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2008

12800 THATCH RD

Harrison, TN 37341

Labby Lane Kennel is a boarding kennel in the Chattanooga area that is part of the owners home. Located on a 5 acre country setting, it features climate controlled, individual indoor-outdoor covered suites, 4 play yards, on-site grooming, and a one acre fully fenced play park . We treat your pets like family and provide individual attention to our guests. Come see for yourself, tours are welcomed and encouraged! Aside from being a kennel, we also offer pet grooming services in Hamilton County. We see to it that your adorable pets have the best appearance. We treat your pets carefully. Our staff are very well trained and experienced, that makes us the most sought after kennel in Hamilton County....

06/10/2021

Kathy A.

I left my 3 at Labby Lane the week of Memorial Day. This was not our first time at Labby Lane, all of the prior stays were without incident. I picked my dogs up on Saturday. When I got there no one was at the front to check me out. I noticed portable kennels set up, it appears they may have been overbooked. I went searching for the owner in the back and found my babies. The area smelled of urine and it was not clean as it normally is. I ask and employee where the owner is, she calls her to come check me out. I go back up front to wait. The owner never shows, the employee comes back and she checks me out. It is almost 10am and she tells me they have not been fed. We get the dogs in my car and Crystal, the owner appears at my window. Now, I will stress again, she knows my dogs and my dogs know her… she takes a harsh unprofessional tone with me and tells me if we return again Max, my 10 year old St Bernard mix needs a bark collar and Bear, my 8 year old Shitz-poo needs a belly wrap. At this point I’m speechless and I leave. When I get home, I informed them we would not return and I see a review from someone from tha same day who stated she toured the facility and was put off by Crystal yelling at the dogs in her care. I wish this was the end of my story, but it is not. The next morning, Max the one alleged to need a bark collar came to me for his morning kiss. He does that every morning when we get up. He really is a sweetheart. After I kiss him, I reach out to pet him. He flinched away from me as if he thought I was going to hit him. Max had never done that before. I don’t know what exactly happened the week I was away but I do know it was not a good week for my boys. I will never use this kennel again, nor would I recommend them.

Description of Work
Dog Boarding

03/14/2018

Jessica H.

Fantastic! She kept in touch with me via text since it was their first time being there. They have a huge play yard for my girls to run! To me that was so important since I have a GSD and Lab, they need to run!

Description of Work
Watched my two big dogs. They are my babies!

05/02/2017

JoAnn B.

The facility is wonderful. I have found a kennel that meets my needs and I am very particular when it comes to my two 4-legged babies. Crystal and Hanna take wonderful care of my girls and it is something they seem to enjoy. The facility is very clean and having the play park they can run in is definitely an advantage. Crystal is a wonderful hosts and answers text of a worried momma when she is traveling and needs to check on her girls. Can't say enough good things about this kennel.

Description of Work
My two dogs had to be boarded.

10/31/2016

Tami B.

It was awesome & so is Krystal!

Description of Work
Left dogs at kennel

Category kennels

Thank you for your review! We so enjoy having the kids stay at camp!

05/27/2016

Jolene B.

02/18/2016

Jerry F.

Description of Work
They are very particular with their boarders and the facility is always very clean. |Very friendly also.

Category kennels

Thank you for your wonderful review!! We love hearing that we are doing a good job!

10/19/2015

Carey D.

Very helpful very friendly. One of our dogs didn't really want to get along with any of the other dogs so they took care to keep him separate and still well taken care of. We needed their service with only a few days notice and they accommodated our needs. Highly recommend. Big area for the animals to run around, loving care takers. What more could you ask for?

Description of Work
She took care of my 4 dogs on very short notice. 16, 50, 60, and 75 pound dogs.

01/02/2015

Jerry F.

They do a great job! We were previously using another groomer and decided to take our dog to Labby Lane for that as well. I wouldn't take my dog anywhere else! Crystal does a fantastic job. Their business is always very clean and they care a lot for the animals. They even do a lot work for rescue animals as well. They also have a play area for the dogs during boarding, which we like.

Description of Work
This last time we took our dog in for grooming, though we also use them many times throughout the year for boarding when we go out of town. Our most recent trip was in October and we paid approximately $140 for that boarding service.

12/31/2014

Curt H.

They treated our pet well. They offered a play area for the dogs to play together.

Description of Work
We boarded our dog here for about week.

12/07/2014

Debbie P.

Great! This is the second time I have boarded my dog here. I visited 5 boarding facilities before I found Labby Lane and was not comfortable with leaving my dog at these facilities and continued to look until I visited this one. I was immediately at ease and knew this was the perfect place to leave my dog. I love leaving my dog in the care of this kennel. I know she is well taken care of and she is very content and happy here. They are understanding with my dog who has a very high energy level. They even send me home with her bedding clean. They respond to all my questions timely. I will continue to use this kennel for boarding.

Description of Work
Provided boarding and grooming for my Lab mix.

Category kennels,pet grooming

Thank you for reviewing us love hearing of happy parents, We know we have happy campers but we love making parents happy, Give Sally kisses.

08/21/2014

Ruth L.

Labby Lane Kennel is the only facility in the area we use to take care of our dogs when we need boarding services. We have used this kennel for several years and have always been very happy with the quality of care our dogs have received. The Kennel is in a great "country" setting and everything is very clean - there is also no "kennel" odor! All special services we have ever requested have been done and, importantly, done with a smile. We (and our dogs) have been treated like family. Chrystal has administered medications, warmed scrambled eggs for Moe and Max every morning, kept an eye on them in the play park, etc., etc. Moe and Max are both adopted, rescue dogs and, as we have learned, rescue pets usually have "issues" for a while. Max has been slow to interact with other people and animals but I can honestly say his recent stay at Labby Lane helped him tremendously. Moe, and especially Max, are both more comfortable around people and other dogs now and we look forward to taking both of them back to "camp" (Labby Lane) so we can enjoy another trip. We tend to be over-protective "pet parents" but we are able to completely relax and enjoy our vacations because our boys are at Labby Lane when we are away.

Description of Work
Labby Lane Kennel provided boarding service for our two adopted rescue dogs while we took a much needed vacation.

Category kennels

Thank you [member name removed], for your confidence in our facility. Max and Moby are fantastic boys and we love having them. I enjoy working with rescues and seeing their happy ending. Hope to see you all soon give the boys kisses from us.

07/25/2014

Darla H.

We were very happy with them. The owner was great, and the fact that they do group play stands out. They run around together, and that way they get more exercise.

Category kennels

Thank you Darla, We enjoyed having Sadie! She was such a sweet baby and a character in that pool. Please give her kisses from us.

07/14/2014

Ron H.

Crystal does a bang up job taking care of her animal charges. My two dogs love being there and always head toward the front door of the kennel when we get there and get out of the car. Crystal is savvy enough about her charges and their owners to put pictures of the dogs up on the Labby Lane Kennel FaceBook page. It certainly helps the owners feel better when they see their dogs romping around and having a great time. I highly recommend this kennel to anyone needing a short or long-term place to board their dog(s).

Description of Work
Provided boarding for my two dogs for 7 days.

Category kennels

Thank you [member name removed] for in trusting your girls to us! We so enjoy having the girls at camp!

07/01/2014

William H.

We have been using Labby Lane Kennel for about 10 years now and will NOT take our babies anywhere else unless we absolutely have to. We have used other kennels, but only for a short stay if Labby Lane was unavailable. The cleanliness of the kennel is always top notch. Their runs are better than any other place we have seen. We have two medium size dogs and there is plenty of room for them to be comfortable. The play park is awesome for the dogs to get out and really stretch their legs. Anytime we even mention the name "Labby Lane" our dogs are ready to go! It is a bit of a drive to get there, but worth it to know our pups are well cared for.

Description of Work
Boarded our two medium size dogs.

Category kennels

Thank you for your confidence in our care of Jax and Dixie, We sure do enjoy having them come to camp!

06/30/2014

Louis P.

This was the 2nd time we've boarded our dog at Labby Lane.. Both times have been very good experiences. Our dog was a stray, probably abused at some point, and is still very skittish. Crystal, the owner of Labby Lane Kennels, has gone way above and beyond the norm working with our dog trying to bring her out of her shell. Crystal loves what she's doing and it shows in the cleanliness and well maintained facilities. The photos of all the boarders at play in the huge dog park and posted to Facebook is a nice touch.

Description of Work
Boarded our dog for 11 days,

Category kennels

Thank you so much! It is my Pleasure Red is a very special girl and it breaks my heart to hear her story. I am so proud of her she has come so far, she has made a wonderful camper! and we love having her!

05/28/2014

Mary L.

Our dogs love coming here! It's a great environment: caring, clean as a whistle and family-run. We have boarded our dogs at Labby Lane for over a decade - it's the only place that I would leave my deaf Aussie! I know they get personalized, loving attention and Crystal will even post pictures for you on Facebook so you can see what a great time they are having :) If they can't stay at Labby Lane we don't go!

Description of Work
Labby Lane is a boarding kennel run by Crystal and Jeff Spaide, located in the Harrison/Birchwood area.

Category kennels

Thank you (member name removed), Labby lane would not be if we did not have customers like yourself! Thank you for having the confidence in our care for Gypsy aka Popeye and Georgie porgie. Love those two crazy kids, miss seeing Buddy and Casper give them kisses from us!

05/19/2014

Jon S.

We have a 6 year old beagle mix named Pogo. He always seems to enjoy his stay at Labby Lane. He goes with the caregivers willingly with tail wagging! Crystal is always friendly and truly seems to love the animals in her care. She is great to post photos and little updates on Facebook to let you know how your pets stay is going. We have boarded Pogo with her on several occasions and have never had any problems. He is returned to us happy and healthy every time. I would not feel comfortable leaving our dog anywhere else.

Description of Work
Boarding x3 nights.

04/22/2014

Melissa S.

They were really great to work with, and I felt good about all the outside time my puppy was able to get while boarding.

Description of Work
Took great care of our young puppy.

04/16/2014

Brooke L M.

Over the last 5+ years, I have had a total of five greyhounds and two pound puppies. (That is not including my large number of foster greyhounds, as well.) All of my dogs have stayed at Labby Lane Kennel. The staff there is absolutely amazing and love my dogs as if they are their own. I have one thunder-phobic dog and the staff has been known to lie in her kennel with her to comfort her until the storm is over. I have also had dogs stay there with multiple minor injuries and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure that my dogs are well taken care of, and even more so when they aren't feeling well. My dogs are my family. They are indoor dogs and to say they're spoiled at home would be an understatement. I have complete confidence in the staff at Labby Lane as my dogs are super excited when I pull down the driveway and light up with tails wagging overjoyed at the knowledge that they are having a fun, extended sleepover with their favorite aunties and family <3 I strongly recommend Labby Lane Kennel for all your dog care needs. They truly do care for your fur kids as their own.

Description of Work
They watched my dogs on multiple occasions

04/13/2014

JoAnn B.

This is the one kennel in this area that I trust completely. I don't leave my babies (dogs) with just anyone and Crystal gives them excellent attention. My dogs even look forward to going to her facility. They are great about giving medications and special instructions and I trust them completely. Also, they have the cleaest facilities of anyone I have ever used which also includes a 2 acre playpark for pets to run in while being supervised, I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Boarded and bathed my two basset hounds

01/23/2014

Amanda W.

Crystal and her family are very professional. She took the time to answer all of my many questions and helped me feel secure in the boarding process. This was the first time I had boarded my dogs and felt good about leaving them here. They posted pictures of our pups on Facebook through out the week so we could check and see how they were doing. I would recommend this business to anyone!

Description of Work
Labby lane took care of our two dogs when we went on vacation for a week.

04/21/2013

Mary L.

I have taken our dogs to Labby Lane for boarding (and grooming when a groomer is available) for almost 10 years. I will not board our deaf Australian Shepherd anywhere else! The owner, Crystal, cares for the clients as if they were her own dogs. It is the cleanest facility I have ever been in, including vets' offices. She and her family live on the premises, so someone is there 24 hours a day. The dogs are kept on a schedule, which is great; they have a play time in a grassy 1-acre fenced area, and they have baby pools for them when the weather is warm. There are separate kennel areas for large and small dogs and a quiet space for older or nervous dogs if they prefer that. It is air-conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter, and there's also access to covered outdoor runs. For all the attention the dogs (and cats - they also have boarding space for the kitties) receive, I think their rates are quite reasonable. If you want to check the facility out just give them a call to schedule a tour - Crystal is very accommodating and professional. Book early if possible because their spaces fill up fast! Labby Lane also supports our local Humane Society and other organizations that benefit homeless animals. We are lucky that we live less than 20 minutes from them, but many of their clients drive from out-of-town to board their animals there. I hope we never have to look for any place else!

Description of Work
Boarding our dogs for several days at a time as well as having them shaved down for the summer (although currently they do not have a groomer on site).

01/30/2013

Peg F.

I loved the way they greeted our pets, a sheltie (very timid) and a yorkie. I have recently relocated to the area and was apprehensive about kenneling the dogs. (out of necessity when we first arrived in the area they had to spend a few days at Seq. Animal Hospital/kennel...they were treated like a number..not great at all!!) At Labby Lanes all my concerns were alleviated. They were super friendly, clean, and honest and open about the procedures of their kennel stay. Our dogs were in great shape when we picked them up, clean (we had them shampooed and groomed), calm, and of course happy to see us. Labby Lanes also sent a card to us after our visit, welcoming us to their business and inviting us to come back, which we are. What a great place...bring your pets, they will be well cared for and well played with:)

Description of Work
Dog Boarding and Grooming

09/12/2012

Howell P.

They are very professional. They are clean and take good care of the animals.

Description of Work
I used Labby Lane Kennel for animal boarding.

06/14/2008

Mary L.

Pam Shepp and her assistant, Missy are great with the dogs! They go out of their way to make sure Casper, my deaf Australian Shepherd, is well cared for and even match him up with perfect playmates (he doesn't like dogs bigger than himself). The kennel is very, very clean, air-conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. They have play pools for them and an acre of open, grassy field for running around and ball games in addition to the kennel areas. Each kennel has a bed and individual water source. For owners of large breeds, Pam is very good with them, too. She is involved with a Lab rescue group and does a lot of rescuing on her own. She has taken in several dogs and paid for their vet treatments and even their heart worm therapy, which is expensive and time-consuming. I wouldn't leave my very special dog with anyone else!

Description of Work
Board 1 "special needs" dog (he is deaf, but well-trained), usually for one week. He gets special attention and ball games as well as a bath and other grooming. I also have had my other two dogs groomed there. We have used this kennel and grooming services for 5 years now.

Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Grooming
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    Satisfaction

DOGGY DAYCARE, GROOMING AND BOARDING.