Lynoid McClain Tree and Lawn Service

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2011

PO Box 38532

Germantown, TN 38183

Lynoid McClain & Lawn Service. Top Takedown and Dead Wood. Wood For Sale. Crane Service available if needed. No Job Too BIG or Too Small. We will work with you 100 Percent. We are 24 Hours Fast Service ....

04/03/2020

Howard P.

They never responded and I did not use them

Description of Work
Tree & Shrub Trimming & Removal

Category lawn service, tree service

05/09/2019

Carole H.

We received a quote and the work was done in the same week. The crew showed up on time and spent the next 4 hours working. The project was done, as expected. Once they left, you couldn't tell they had been there. They do a fantastic clean up job, and cut the viable pieces of oak to use as firewood. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Trimming of 6 trees and removal of 1 tree.

06/22/2017

Jessica A.

They got done pretty quick (2.5 hours) for the size of the trees. One was in a precarious spot. They even moved a non-drivable vehicle and pushed back when they were finished. My husband and I are so thankful they were able to come out quickly and cut down the trees. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had two trees cut down. He was able to come out the same day I called for an estimate and was able to come out within 48 hours.

09/29/2016

Patricia B.

08/16/2016

Ruthie M.

They did an excellent job, and cleaned up very nicely.

Description of Work
The cut down the branches of my big oak tree, and they hauled everything away.

08/07/2016

Karen W.

Great! Lynoid went out of his way to help us at a very reasonable price. He removed a dead tree, ground the stump, and hauled everything away, leaving absolutely no mess!

Description of Work
Tree removal

04/27/2016

curtis H.

02/18/2016

Jonathan R.

Mr. McClain initially examined both trees and determined that each could be safely trimmed without damaging their health. A ~42-inch diameter tree in the back yard has a void in base that appeared to threaten its longevity. In addition, a poorly cut limb by a previous tree service left a gash in the trunk and an unsealed stub branching from the trunk. Mr. McClain determined that the tree did not have a life threatening condition that would warrant its removal. To address my concerns with overhanging limbs, he recommended removal of the top 25 feet of the approximately 50-foot tall tree. On the day that trimming occurred, he personally supervised the work of his staff. They arrived and finished within the time frames that he estimated. The work was performed in a professional manner with his staff leaving our property and that of our neighbor in a neat and damage-free fashion. I am very satisfied with his work and recommend his services to others in need of professional tree trimming services.

Description of Work
McClain's Tree Service initially examined two of our trees and recommended appropriate services required to address my concerns with possible root damage to one tree and the need to trim multiple large limbs that were overhanging our house from each tree. He trimmed overhanging limbs from the tree in the front yard and cut the top 25 feet and overhanging limbs from the tree in the back yard. He also cleaned up and sealed a poorly made cut that was left by a previous trimmer.

Category tree service

Very Well Said and Thank You Again For Your Patronage and For Taking The Time To Comment On Your Services That We Rendered...Have A Blessed Day and Weekend To You and Your Family!!! From Lynoid McClain Tree & Lawn Service 901355-4434

02/10/2016

Jack P.

Description of Work
They cut down five large trees and hauled off the debris. Mr. McClain was very professional and I would not hesitate to use him again. Their work was very good.

Category hauling services, tree service

Thank You Very Much for your business and for taking the time out to give these kind compliments...If we can be of any further assistance to you in the future please don"t hesitate to call...Lynoid McClain Tree and Lawn Service 901-355-4434

10/27/2015

BRENDA C.

Description of Work
This crew came do work for us and we live in another city. They cut down huge limbs from the property and stayed the entire day until the work was completed. We agreed on a set before the work was done. They did a great job!!

08/27/2015

Clarice C.

Description of Work
They took down big and little trees and bushes. Did exactly what I wanted |and left the place raked and clean.

06/16/2015

Ronald J.

Went fine. He arrived on time with a crew of 5 of 6 and they finished in about 3 1/2 hours. Lynoid asked me t o order 2 pizzas for them and I did, but I did not pay for them. I thought that was a little too much. I had asked for a senior discount, but I don't know if I got it.

Description of Work
Trimmed dead wood from 6 trees. A limb had already fallen from one of them and I was concerned for my family's safety if it happened again. Lynoid came soon after I called and gave an estimate. The other person I had called for an estimate didn't call for 2 days. My trees were trimmed the day after I got the estimate.

02/23/2015

Sam W.

I Called them on Friday from Angie's list. He answered the phone immediately although he was working on a job in Arkansas. When he got back, he called to come look at the tree and scheduled the service for this morning (Monday, Feb. 23) between 8 and 9:00 a.m. The tree looks great, there is no evidence of debris, all was hauled away. I think they are a great company with a wonderful attitude about their job. I would always recommend them and use them in the futiure.

Description of Work
We had a monstrous tree that had limbs overhanging our garage. The problem was corrected and more. They cleaned to perfection afterwards. Very service oriented company and nice people.

Category hauling services, tree service

Thank You Mr.Whitten..we appreciate your business...if we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to call Lynoid McClain Tree And Lawn Service at 901355-4434...You and your family have a bless day

10/16/2014

Shiree G.

They were fantastic. I called them on Friday, they were there Saturday morning on time and went right to work. They did way more than I asked because it was for my church and we have a lot of huge trees. They were very polite, professional, worked quickly and cleaned up everything and carted away all the debris. Mr. McClain was there the whole time, supervising and directing the workers. He listened to my requests and did everything I asked and way, way more than I paid for. He is kind, very qualified and knowledgeable about trees, and trustworthy. We will definitely use them again in the future because we have a ton of trees in the back of the church that will need work as well. I have never been happier with a contractor. For tree work, you cannot do better than McClain Tree Service. Note: Originally we got estimates from three contractors. One was about $500 more than McClain, one was about $75 less. We hired the one who was cheaper at first and he stood us up twice and never called. So we called McClain and he was there the next day. Cheaper is not always better!

Description of Work
Removed one fallen tree, thinned out three very large trees around our church parking lot, removed dead branches and opened the trees up for sunlight to come through. We had many dead branches hanging over the cars that park in the lot That was what we initially asked him to take care of and what the price he quoted us was for.

Category tree service

Thank you for your business and your time to extend those love to hear compliments...We want our customers satisfied...So again thank you thank you thank you...If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to call Lynoid McClain Tree and Lawn Service at 901355-4434. And you and your family and the church have a bless day

09/03/2013

Eric R.

He did a great job.

Description of Work
They took out 3 tree's and cut some down limbs.

06/05/2013

William S.

His people showed up on time, kept damage to property at a minimum and were in and out of there faster than you can believe. Mr. McClain personally walked the property after work was done to make sure the condition of the area was as close as it was before they got there. We had only one problem. One of the trees to be thinned did not open up the shade, so we had to have them back to cut it down. We worked out a solution which was agreeable to both of us. When I called him after the work was done that we still weren't getting much sun, he said that he knew that when we first met what we wanted done would not eliminate our problem. When I asked him why he didn't say something, his response was and quot;You didn't askl me.and quot; My only issue is that he should have given his recommendations on the first go around. He just needs a little better way of communicating whether a request is reasonable and can meet your needs. Don't get me wrong, he is willing and more than capable of doing anything you ask. Just ask for his opinion on what your goals are and whether it's going to work or not. Other than the communication issue, I give him an A+/

Description of Work
we had several trees blocking sunlight to our pool. Initially, he was asked to cut down one tree and thin two others to allow sunlight in.

Thank You So Much. Have A Great Day. From Lynoid McClain Tree Service 061013

07/18/2012

Ty J.

Description of Work
Excellent work! Very professional! Would highly recommend them!!

Category tree service

Thank You So Much For Your Business ans For Taking The Time To Report it as well. From Lynoid McClain Tree Service 901355-4434

04/20/2012

Minor P.

Overall it went very well. As I said, they arrived on time and worked quickly and carefully.

Description of Work
Cut down two good-size trees, one modest-size and one small tree; cut off a grouping of branchs from a large tree. Ground up the stumps of the good-size trees. Removed everything and cleaned up the yard and driveway leaving it cleaner than it was when he started. Lynoid McClain and his crew arrived on-time (8:30 Tuesday morning) and worked non-stop for hours. I paid him the price that he had quoted a couple of days before.

Category tree service

Thank You So Much For Your Business and For Taking The timeout To Report it to Angieslist. From Lynoid McClain Tree Service 901355-4434