A & W Lawns Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2006

4.4

PO Box 38749

Germantown, TN 38183

When you choose A & W Lawns, Inc., you'll choose professional and experienced Lawn Care Specialists, along with the state of the art equipment to fulfill your most unique lawn and landscaping needs. You'll also enjoy a delightful experience working with A & W Lawns, Inc....

10/26/2017

John G.

The employees who cut our lawn weekly did an excellent job and were very responsive to our request. However, the management was totally unresponsive to returning any phone calls nor meeting the requirements of our written contract. I have paid on time each month( until they would not mulch the yard nor call me). Their actions suggested that they had no interest in retaining us as a customer. They didn't.

Description of Work
Our contract stated that A & W Lawns was to perform mowing, trimming, blowing, mulching, chemical services, and irrigation service, on a 12 month basis. In the Spring they did not mulch our yard as required in our contract. In May we were out of town when they mulched several other yards, however, we had notified them ahead of time that we would be on vacation the last 2 week of May. The lady in the office indicated that when we returned they would mulch within a couple of weeks (this was in mid- May). The mulching was never done. After at least 8-10 calls (with call back messages) to the various managers' mobile phones and to the A & W Office, there was no response. Multiple messages were left on Wade's and the other managers' cell phones and with the Office requesting that the yard be mulched. No return calls nor mulching. I terminated the agreement in September.

Category landscaping, lawn service

10/13/2015

Craig B.

We live in a new house and our builder uses A&W. They installed the irrigation system, all landscaping, sod and built a small dock for the new house. We were very satisfied with their work. After moving in we decided to add a wood deck in the back yard so we thought we'd give A&W the job. Wade is a very hands on guy. He and one other guy knocked out the entire job in just one day. He is very meticulous in his work and is very professional. He did all work as described and left the work site very clean.

Description of Work
Installed wood deck

05/14/2015

ROBERT S.

Category landscaping, lawn service

04/11/2015

Liza J.

Worker was completed a few days after I called for an estimate and workers were courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
Our irrigation system was damaged by a vehicle that drove over and broke an important valve at the edge of our property line. Replaced the area of broken pipe and the valve.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

07/02/2014

Robert S.

They're over extended and with the number of plots that they have they weren't able to follow up on things that we wanted them to do for us. They're very good notch people and easy to work with but it's just that the attention to detail was not fully expected.

Description of Work
They did our yard work.

06/27/2014

Jo Ann S.

Description of Work
Sprinkler start up showed up unannounced. Problem that he could not fix at time. Needs to call office 3 times with not nice woman answering phone. Ended up calling owner cell phone to get work done and sprinkler on. Will use again just not call the office

Category fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems

03/20/2014

Ellen M.

I think that the price for the weekly cut is a great price, but I think when the price goes up for gas surcharges and leaves it is a little much. We have sometimes spent 100$ plus for say 4 bags of leaves. The only reason we have done this is because our house is on the market. However, they are prompt, and our yard does look good. The responsiveness grade of a B is only because it took me about 3 to 4 phone calls to get the service started. I think that was a bit much too. I have had no problems once we got started, though.

Description of Work
Regular weekly lawn service for 1/3 acre lawn. My yard is flat with 3 large trees.

Category fencing, lawn service

08/05/2013

Lena Z.

Difficult communication with provider. Work was not neat. Some sections of the lawn were shorter than others.

Description of Work
Mow and edge yard

05/30/2013

Lena Z.

Does a good job for a fair price

Description of Work
Bi weekly lawn moving and edging

04/24/2013

Misty L.

I like A & W Lawns Inc. They seemed very nice and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They came out to give me a quote for repairing a retaining wall.

10/17/2012

Rich C.

We worked with Wade and he was very professional and friendly from the start. One of the reasons we chose them was because they would do both the landscaping and the maintenance afterwards. The landscaping went well. We've had a few issues with communication on the maintenance side since then. I'd still use them again at this point.

Description of Work
Landscaping, sod installation, shrub beds, irritation, drainage, patio installation,

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, hardscaping

09/25/2012

Steven J.

This company was recommended by a real estate agent for lawn care and sprinkler evaluation. I left 4 messages for this company in the course of 3 days asking them to call me for an estimate. I never received a call back. They must have so much business that they don't need mine. I called another company and they came came out that very same day and estimated.

06/13/2012

Sandra M.

They were wonderful. They had a low price and were nice to talk and deal with. They were prompt in getting back to me. They were good business people, and they were helpful.

Description of Work
A & W Lawns Inc gave me a quote to put in a section of a fence for me.

03/01/2012

Sandra M.

They didn’t actually do any work, but his price was in line and better than some of the other prices that we got. He was very polite and very prompt in returning the call. He seemed very competent and his bid was very reasonable.

Description of Work
We talked with them about doing a fence and he was just wonderful.

09/11/2011

Marianne A.

I would rate his customer services as excellent and his work as excellent. IN fact it was so good that our property manager in Horn Lake MS has asked for his information as it appears he is cheaper and his work is a better quality than some of there workman.

Description of Work
He replaced the fence our fence at a rental property in Horn Lake MS. He gave us a free estimated and thework was completed within a week of the estimate. The tenants were very happy with his work.

Category fencing, landscaping, driveway gates

05/24/2011

Ronald H.

The estimate was 100% accurate and the job was completed on time. They used top quality plants. The crew worked really hard, and they were very clean and polite. They also handle my weekly maintenance, year round, and keep everything looking perfect. Highly recommended for fencing, landscape, and maintenance!

Description of Work
My back yard was in desperate need of a landscape make over. A&W pulled out my old fence and built a new and perfectly straight cedar fence. They had to regrade part of my yard to correct some erosion and drainage issues and then sodded with Zoysia. A& W also designed and installed a beautiful Azalea bed along my pool which has rock borders and two rock paths on either side leading to the now grass covered yard. Looks great!

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, hardscaping

01/01/2011

David K.

Quote came in quickly with very competitive pricing for those that want value at a decent price. Our contact and the installation crew showed lots of experience. The fence went in quickly with no problems. The contact was very knowledgeable, courteous and concerned about my satisfaction. Good follow-up shortly after installation for any problems. I highly recommend this vendor in a day when it's difficult to find reputable folks.

Description of Work
Vendor installed a yard fence of boxed cedar sides and a rail fence with a mesh for dog containment.

06/01/2009

Jeff L.

Our specifications were given to them and the work was completed in one day, cleaned up, and perfectly finished.

Description of Work
An arbor was built covering our patio ... it is a beautiful addition, using quality materials, and was done with expert care.

09/12/2006

What I liked best about them is that they were able to do a great job in a small amount of time. The way that they planted the flowers just seems to make the flower beds come alive with color. They were real nice guys and did a good job.

Description of Work
They put in 2 medium sized flower beds with an assortment of flowers in them.

Smart Water Irrigation & Lighting

Smart Water has an excellent reputation for quick response, guaranteed customer satisfaction and a personal relationship with all customers! In order to take care of the earth, we must take smart measures towards conservation of her natural resources. We get to know your yard and lifestyle to create a personalized, conservative design for the best irrigation, drainage or outdoor lighting that makes it easy for you to enjoy a beautiful yard. With our many years of experience providing Commercial and Residential Irrigation, drainage and landscape lighting in Memphis, you can be confident we will run your project smoothly. We offer discounts to all retired militrary, active military, teachers, and retired teachers. Fax: (901) 382-8319

Century 21 Construction, LLC

Century 21 Construction, LLC is a construction company specialized in masonry and carpentry. Masonry includes brick, stone, block, tile, and concrete. Carpentry is available for new and existing projects! We also make wonderful pergola’s and arbors! Our staff combined has over 50 years of experience. We are local and looking to earn your business. Call us for a free estimate now! 901-437-1098

Tennessee Sharpest Lawns

Manicuring yards (cut, trim and mow) in the Bartlett and surrounding area to your total satisfaction.

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

Landscape maintenance, design, & build. Hardscapes. Leaf removal. Fences. Mulching. Decks Retaining walls. Lawn irrigation.