BJK PROPERTY INSPECTIONS INC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 2006

4282 PATE RD

Franklin, TN 37064

With 20 years of experience, our primary goal is to serve our clients by fully inspecting your property and by providing them with a detailed report that most accurately and precisely details the condition of the property's vital components and operating systems. Our reports are comprehensive, yet broken down into a logical and simple presentation. For more information, please call us or visit our website....

02/05/2020

WILL W.

The inspector showed up late. He was paid on November 25, 2019. I started emailing to request the report in December 2019. No report was delivered. I saw my check was cashed in January 2020. No report was delivered. I kept emailing. I started texting & calling as well. The home inspector would pretend that he sent the report & then say I must be the one using the wrong address. I reminded the inspector that I used the email on the website & that his ruse wasn't going to work. The inspector started responding when I told him I would have to file a regulatory complaint with the TN Home Inspector Licensing Program, but then, he never sent my refund or the home inspection report.

Description of Work
Home Inspection with Report

07/24/2018

Scott D.

I was almost overwhelmed (in the best sense) due to the comprehensiveness of the inspection. They missed nothing! They were also very thorough in explaining to me the reasoning behind their evaluations, and genuinely conveyed care about doing the best job possible. They were prompt, courteous, and efficient. I'm standing behind my review as I am hiring them again for another home purchase. You won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Home inspection

06/12/2017

Rachel W.

I went really well. They were very professional and detail oriented! I was disappointed radón inspection was not included but may be due to new construction

Description of Work
I got a home inspection from BJK and was so glad I did. They were extremely detail oriented, prompt, and good at communication.

05/14/2016

Eric L.

I elicited the services of Mr. Gunther's BJK home inspection because of the overall high ratings on Angie's List. I am a physician at Vanderbilt and find it cumbersome to take the time to write a such a lengthy review like this but this has to be said so other consumers may be aware. Mr. Gunther showed up for the home inspection and was very friendly throughout, constantly engaging me in conversation throughout the inspection. The inspection in entirety took approximately 1 hour and his inspection report showed that the unit was in good shape and all essential components of the home were in working order with minimal issues that needed to be addressed. I proceeded to purchase the condo with virtually no negotiation of repairs with the buyer as I was confident in Mr. Gunther's quality of home inspection. To summarize, within 3 months of the home purchase I've started to have a leak from the HVAC unit. Within 6 months, the heater component of the HVAC is blowing cold air despite the thermostat being set at 80 degrees. In addition, I've had leaks develop from under the kitchen sink requiring me to revise the plumbing under the kitchen sink and replace the kitchen faucet as well. The plumber at the time of these repairs incidentally discovered that the water shut off valves were in the incorrect location and the water heater is without an expansion tank (with no hose bibs to check the water pressure). Furthermore, my guest bathroom bathtub is unable to drain properly despite multiple rounds of drano and snaking. To top it off, the undermount sink my kitchen has now collapsed into the bottom of the sink due to very poor quality reinforcement which could have been assessed with a simple visual inspection underneath the sink as reported by plumber I had to call in. I attempted to contact Mr. Gunther several times regarding these issues and he did call me back once and stated that he could not guarantee that things won't go wrong because he is not a dedicated specialist in HVAC or plumbing. I know Mr. Gunther and BJK Property Inspections are not dedicated specialists in HVAC or plumbing but many of these issues should have been detected by a simple visual inspection and a more thorough job in assessing these individual components should have been included in any routine home inspection. Ultimately, the issues that the home inspection has failed to bring to my attention would have significantly influenced my decision to proceed with the purchase of this home. Simply stated, I would NOT have purchased this unit at the agreed terms if these issues were brought to my attention at the time of the inspection. I requested that Mr. Gunther contact his his insurance claims department to escalate the issues and Mr. Gunther and BJK Property Inspections have been unresponsive ever since.

Description of Work
"Comprehensive" home inspection for condo purchase.

Category home inspection

We did perform the inspection of the condo on May 27, 2015. The Client, his mother, and a friend and a flooring contractor were also present. At the time of the inspection the HVAC unit was run first in the cooling mode and produced a temperature of 61.7 degrees and brought the ambient temperature to 77.1 it was then run in the heating mode and produced a temperature of 103.4 degrees. These temperature were indicative of proper operation. The HVAC unit was a 2004 unit. In the plumbing section we reported improperly plumbed waste line from the kitchen sink and recommended that it be repaired. We also reported that the metal traps under both bathroom sinks were rusting and about to fail and recommended that they be replaced. It was also reported that the sink in the master bathroom was slow to drain suggesting that an obstruction may existt and listed it as a repair item.It was also reported that the diverted for the shower was defective and that the drain stopper for both tubs were missing and recommended repairs. I do recall speaking to the client some time after the inspection and explained that we can not guarantee the future performance of H VAC units anymore than he as a physician can guarantee a patient will not become ill several month of an examination. The plumbing issues were addressed in the report along with many other items. I do not recall him asking for my insurance carriers information. If he did ask for it I would have provided it to him although I doubt it would have helped him and he would likely incur legal fees if we were not found liable. It is also noted that there are pictures of the temperatures taken and of each of the defects reported

01/25/2016

shelia H.

BJK completed my requested inspection and testing within a couple of days of my initial call to them. Their report was extremely through and completely detailed. They have superior knowledge of all aspects of their business and the potential hazards and repair issues they identified were well worth the investment. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Complete home inspection to detect issues with a home for private sale. Also radon testing.

Category home inspection,radon testing

06/02/2015

LESLIE S.

Bill Gunther handled the inspection. On the scheduled date we had an ice storm but Bill managed to get out to the property for the inspection. His report was detailed and included photographs. I also consulted him for clarification on suggested improvements and he was accessible and helpful. An overall good experience.

Description of Work
Pre-purchase property inspection.

03/22/2015

JASON S.

Absolutely A+. Highly recommended. We were in a pinch, trying to close quickly, and BJK was flexible, able to come out quickly, and did a fantastic job. Tim was on time, half way done by the time I got there (about 45 minutes in), he was VERY thorough, explained everything extremely well, answered every single one of my many questions, and was very patient. The final report was well laid out, contained a lot of information, and was also very informative around preventative maintenance items for the future, not just the items found during the inspection. Great job. Thank you all very much.

Description of Work
Home inspection for purchase of a home

02/26/2015

Joe P.

Bill, who is the owner of the company came out to perform the inspection. He spent a great deal of time explaining the details of the inspection, which I was very interested in. He explained to me things that were higher priority than others to fix and also explained which things are truly safety issues that should be repaired ASAP. The actual inspector report, when compared to other providers seemed to be the most thorough and explicit, which is what sold me in the first place. After receiving the actual report, I was very happy with it. I would wholeheartedly recommend Bill and his company for home inspection.

Description of Work
Home Inspection Home Inspection Report

02/02/2015

Alisa K.

Wish we had hired Bill from the beginning. He knows his business and is very friendly, easy to talk to and extremely informative.

Description of Work
Bill preformed an inspection on our new house that had been inspected previously before we bought our house. We had concerns about missed items by the first inspector.

07/19/2014

Cassie B.

BJK was pleasant to deal with from the first phone call. A nice family owned business. They worked with us on our limited time frame. They showed up on time. The home inspection process was very informative and professionally executed. We received a very detailed report the next day and they were available to go over any questions we had on the report. A little pricier than some inspectors we looked into, but definitely worth the money! Would recommend to families and friends.

Description of Work
Basic home inspection for home buyer

STEAMATIC

Free Estimates and Inspections, 24/7/365 Emergency Response. A+ Accredited business with Better Business Bureau. IICRC Certified in Water, Fire, Smoke, Mold Remediation, and Carpet Cleaning. S520 Certified in Mold Remediation - NADCA Certified in Air Duct Cleaning.

Offers by STEAMATIC on Angi
    Franklin Environmental Services LLC.

FES is locally owned and operated. To the highest standard, we follow EPA's radon testing and mitigation protocol. We do not sub contract and do not require money up front. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Messages will be checked after hours and weekends!!

Ervin Home Inspection & Repair

Home installation and repair. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

PRE-PURCHASE HOME INSPECTIONS, PRE-SALE HOME INSPECTIONS, NEW HOME INSPECTIONS, COMMERCIAL BUILDING INSPECTIONS, RADON TESTING, TERMITE INSPECTIONS, LEAD TESTING, WELL WATER TESTING, PARTIAL INSPECTIONS, MOLD TESTING, THERMO IMMAGING, ENERGY AUDITS