Conway Services

Founded 1990 • With Angi since August 2006

1220 Big Orange Rd.

Cordova, TN 38018

For fast, exceptional service for your heating, cooling or plumbing needs, call now: 901-443-1870! Conway Services has been a trusted source of home comfort throughout the Mid-South since 1990. In 2010, Conway Services joined the ARS®/Rescue Rooter® network and became part of one of the leading air conditioning and heating companies in the nation. As Memphis and Mid-South residents are well aware, the weather is cold in the winter and hot and very humid in the summers. Fortunately, customers throughout Memphis and surrounding areas, can rest assured that we are on hand to serve their needs. Whether it’s air conditioning, heating, insulation or plumbing, Conway Services has you covered. Plus, each time you call you will be greeted by a friendly and caring Conway Services customer service professional. When it comes to home comfort, for the kind of service, expertise and convenience we know you want and the great value and savings you deserve, call Conway Services today, the Mid-South’s premier, heating, cooling & plumbing service company. Angie's List Super Service Award winner 7years running! License # 64210, 64365 (EAS), MS 19668...

07/22/2022

George C.

Fantastic: Samuel went above and beyond with his inspection and cleaning.

Description of Work
Annual AC service & inspection.

07/09/2022

Betty E.

Our service tech, Jerry White, was curious, clean, knowledgeable & professional. He was detailed on comments & explained recommendations carefully.

Description of Work
Tuneup & cleaning

06/07/2022

Cherie B.

Dylan was very knowledgeable, courteous, and explained everything thoroughly.

Description of Work
A/C Tuneup

06/06/2022

John P.

The crew arrived on time following a notification that they were on their way. They installed the generator, and when anyone needed to be inside our home, he asked to go in, put on his booties, wiped his feet and went about his business. It took about four hours to install the generator and get everything cleaned up, explain the machine to us and depart the worksite. These technicians were like all others we have had from Conway (tankless water heater, outside gas line to grill, and ordinary plumbing) highly professional and efficient. The service may cost a bit more than the big box contractors, but it is worth it!

Description of Work
A generac full-home generator was installed.

Category electrician, gas leak repair

06/02/2022

Allison B.

Brayden was on time and polite. He explained the service and asked if we had questions. He completed the work and documented the results, explaining along the way. He suggested needed repairs and was able to do them right away, which makes it nice not to have to schedule a future visit. A colleague delivered a needed part so the service could be completed. We appreciate Conway’s service. Thank you!

Description of Work
Air conditioner annual check and service

02/24/2022

Houston C.

This has got to be the worst experience I’ve ever had with an HVAC company. I discovered a gas leak at 3am on Friday morning so I called the MLGW emergency number to come check it out. They arrived within 10 minutes and found the leak coming from joints in our old pipes. The tech checked our HVAC and said, “I’m going to have to turn your gas off from outside to be safe but don’t let anyone come in here and try to sell you a new furnace because this one looks great.” I call Conway Services that morning to try to get someone out to fix our leak because that had to be repaired in order for MLGW to unlock our gas. Conway can’t get to us until Saturday morning. Mind you it is 30° outside and we have just spent 24+ hours without heat. A Conway tech arrives on Saturday morning and after inspecting our unit, taking a very strange video that included him videoing my wife and making her wave at the camera, he tells us immediately that we need a new unit both downstairs AND upstairs. He didn’t even attempt to address the gas leaks. He then sits down with my at my kitchen table and lists out why we need a new unit, with air purifiers, and a new furnace all for the modest cost of $10,500 but that we also need to act today because they have a deal going on “while supplies last.” I then ask him if he can fix the gas leak so we can at least get our unit back on and have heat in the house (it has been working perfectly fine). He decides to hold my pregnant wife and I hostage by saying that he will not agree to repair the gas leak because he thinks the whole unit is in such bad condition that it must be replaced immediately. So I pay him $90 to get the h*** out of my house and I call a family friend who owns a commercial heating and air company. He send out two of his guys and they laugh at me for even calling Conway because they say Conway’s name says it all (cons). They proceed to tell me that they’ve been on jobs where Conway techs have intentionally disconnected wires and tampered with systems in order to get the homeowner to buy new unit. So these guys install two ionizers, fix the gas leak and run a tune ups on both systems for less than a quarter of the cost of what Conway offered. I tell you all of this for two reasons: (1) don’t ever hire this company to do work on your HVAC unit (2) Message me if you want the names of the guys that helped me because they are awesome, straightforward, hardworking and most of all honest. Conway SUCKS. I’ve uploaded a photo of the estimate from Conway below.

Description of Work
I needed a gas leak to be fixed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas leak repair

12/17/2021

EUGENE S.

Went well. Michael is great! The bulbs are very expensive. It would be a good idea to inform customers of the replacement cost of bulbs before initially installing the UV unit. Also, consider monthly debits or increasing the cost of the Comfort Club to defray some of the cost when replacement bulbs are needed. Thanks!

Description of Work
Replacement of 2 PCO IV bulbs

05/20/2021

Abraham P.

Will never call them again. We asked that they inspect and tune up the HVAC system in a house we just purchased. The technician tuned up the AC but told us the furnace needed replacement and suggested we get one of their sales people to come right away. He said the 29-year old furnace had a bad blower and badly rusted heat exchanger and that some of the system was not installed properly. The sales person came out the next day and generally agreed with what the technician had said and quoted us $13,700 for a new system. It was all bull and scare tactics. We had two other contractors come out. One said the furnace was not that bad and it was no rush to replace it. He said a 29-year old furnace had outlived its intended life but it was still working ok. He quoted us about $7,500 for complete replacement. The last contractor did a more thorough inspection including a video inspection of the heat exchanger. I looked at the screen with him and we saw no rust, no holes and no cracks. He also said the blower was a bit out of balance but it is not unusual and it made no noise. Finally, he also said the 9-year old AC did not need replacement simply because it uses R22 coolant because the system can handle using R412 whenever it needs a recharge. Conway tried to use high pressure and scare tactics and it didn’t work. If you call them for their $57 tune up watch out because they’ll try it on you too.

Description of Work
New furnace and air central conditioner

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] thank you for sharing your experience. Conway Services strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience and we would like to discuss your specific situation further. You may call us directly at 901-384-3511.

02/26/2021

Harish B.

Good Explained in detail and frequency to change the air filters every year.

Description of Work
New Air filters

Category electrician

02/02/2021

Frankie P.

The gentleman that came out and explained everything and what was needed to fix the water heater and he did exactly that. He was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and professional.

Description of Work
Pilot burner assembly

Category electrician, plumbing

Thank you so much for the kind words, [Member Name Removed]! We are thrilled that you are satisfied with our service!

12/09/2020

Jackie L.

Perfectly. Did everything he promised to do.

Description of Work
Gas cut-off valve installed on range gas line

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to see that our technician did a good job for you. We are glad to have you as a Conway Services customer.

10/15/2020

BETTY D.

MR. MIKE DAVIS WAS THE GENTLEMAN WHO SERVICED OUR SYSTEMS. HE WAS VERY POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL AND MADE US FEEL VERY SECURE THAT OUR SYSTEM IS READY FOR THE COLD MONTHS. WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH CONWAY SERVICES AND WILL CONTINUE USING THEM NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.

Description of Work
CHECK OF HEATING SYSTEM

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to post a review for Mike. We are happy to see that he did a good job for you. I will share your comments with Mike and his manager. We are glad to have you as a Conway Services customer.

09/10/2020

Ferrell M.

The technician's name was Rico and he was excellent. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the price but I needed it done so I did it. I will definitely shop around next time before I go to Conway simply because of the price. On the upside they guarantee it and if I have any problems they will come back no charge

Description of Work
Toilet was pulled and reset. New bolts and new donut

Category plumbing, air duct cleaning

08/14/2020

Osman S.

Excellent work that what Jedarrius Braxton did and I wish if any time that I need some work at my unit to send him to my house..

Description of Work
No I don’t have any other work

08/13/2020

Jan S.

George Martin did a very thorough check and cleaning of my air conditioner. At every step he explained what he was doing, why he was doing it, and how it would help my unit to function well. And, as has been the case with everyone with whom I've dealt at Conway, he was pleasant and personable. George couldn't have done a better job if he'd been working on his own home! High recommendations!

Description of Work
Air conditioner check

08/01/2020

Bob N.

Jimmy was outstanding. He was very nice and fully explained the benefits to us. We are breathing more easily already!

Description of Work
Air purifier on our air conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for your review and we are glad you were happy with the service. We will be here when you need us next.

03/19/2020

Frances B.

They were recommend to me by my daughter. Excellent!

Description of Work
replacement and repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with our service! Thank for letting us serve you and for being a Conway Services customer!

12/27/2019

Greta W.

Conway Services sent their Master Plumber, Mr. Bates, the same day. He located and repaired a leak that was in the wall of the master bathroom. He was extremely kind, knowledgeable, and very professional. We had been dealing with the leak for a week and kept the main water line off execpt 2 times a day. The first company we called assumed the leak was in behind the wall in the slab. They refused to remove the bathroom vanity to get in the wall. We called someone to remove the vanity only to realize that the plumbing was still attached. We were not happy the first company sent a plumber who claimed the vanity must be removed (which was understandable) but the guy/company would not remove it before the job could begin and did not perform the very first step of disconnecting the vanity plumbing. Yet they charged us a service call and no actual work was performed. The second plumber we called was an owner operator one man business and did not come back when he said he would. We were very pleased with Conway Services and will be calling them for all of our plumbing needs and specifically requesting Mr. Bates.

Description of Work
Had a bathroom leak that was inside the wall repaired.

Category plumbing

We're thrilled to hear that you are happy with our service! We will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Bruce and his manager. Thank you for being a Conway Services customer, we truly appreciate it!

08/01/2019

Robert O.

All they wanted to do was sell an unneeded $5,595.00 main line replacement, they claimed the line had collapsed but it hadn’t. Wound up getting another plumber out within a couple of days.

Description of Work
Will not use again

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], we’re sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. If you want to call us at 384-3511 please do so, that way we can speak with the technician and his manager to ensure that proper service expectations are set for future encounters. We are sorry that we fell short and we will strive to improve. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

06/20/2019

Sandra B.

This was the most professional service that we have had performed in all the years we have lived here. Jason D and Andrew W arrived right on time and immediately set to work prepping our house to keep it clean. They were friendly and professional and would alert us every now and then to what was going on to keep us informed. They even let us know that their service manager would be dropping in so that we would not be alarmed when someone different showed up in our house. I call that attention to detail. They answered every question that we might have had and worked straight through the whole day not even taking a lunch break. I would definitely use Conway again because I think the salesperson that help was honest with us and the team that put it in was top notch. Thanks Conway for great service.

Description of Work
Replaced our 1st floor heating and cooling system.

05/18/2019

Richard S.

The installation was done with knowledgeable service technicians from Ricky & Larry. They brought me up to speed on the operation of the new units and how to keep them working well in years to come. I consider my home to be my biggest investment and these two technicians added value to my house. My wife and I are much more comfortable in our home now!

Description of Work
A brand new air conditioner and heating units were installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, gas leak repair

12/19/2018

Toscha C.

Eric was very professional and thorough.

Description of Work
Heating unit serviced

12/06/2018

Carol K.

Bruce easily corrected the sink drip issue. He explained all of his diagnostic steps and did not mind my observing his work and asking questions. The shower repair was more complicated, requiring multiple calls to the shower head manufacturer when they sent incorrect parts to repair our problem. He made multiple visits to our home and copied us on several emails he sent to the manufacturer, keeping us in the loop at all times. The issue was ultimately resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Bruce was very pleasant and knowledgeable throughout the process, and we will continue to request his services for any future plumbing issues that may arise.

Description of Work
leak in bathroom sink faucet and shower faucet

Category plumbing

11/14/2018

DENNIS L.

Excellent. No problems and very professional.

Description of Work
helper on furnace replacement.

11/12/2018

Carol C.

They were experts. Did their work with amazing efficiency & knowledge. Had all the tools & equipment they needed - were very well prepared & equipped. Mannerly, kind, precious! Did their work without stopping & cleaned up after themselves - even though no mess was made, because they were so efficient & prepared with everything, even to protect the carpet & everywhere they walked. I love them.

Description of Work
Replaced my 18 yr old furnace & air conditioning system

Smith's Hvac and Maintenance

With over 18 years of HVAC work experience, we are here to help you with all your heating and cooling needs.

MemphisClean

Family-owned, growing business, 20 employees, Better Business Bureau Member, full insured, workers comp, we drug test employees, criminal background checks, we guarantee our work. The minimum for our air duct cleaning services is $350. This will cover the first 10 vents.

Kwik Dry

Specializing in air duct and dryer vent cleaning! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

HVAC systems/air conditioning/furnaces repairs, preventative maintenance, emergency services & new/replacement installation. Plumbing services including: emergency service; hot water heater installation & repair; drain & pipe cleaning; clog removal; garbage disposal installation and repair; faucet/sink, showers/tub & toilet installation & leak repair. Extras for your home including: duct cleaning; whole home humidifiers, dehumidifies & air purifiers; home service and maintenance plans.