MEMPHIS POOL SUPPLY

Founded 1952 • With Angi since August 2006

4.1

Pool & Spa supplies and equiptment sales and service....

05/18/2017

Teresa D.

Consistently helpful.

Description of Work
Weekly pool test.

10/01/2015

Dirk G.

Initially was pleased with closing and opening of our pool with this company. Scheduling was professional and appt times were close to agreed times. The guys on the job seemed knowledgable and professional. The big letdown came after we had a pump that was dead on the opening of our pool. The guy called his store and they did not have one in stock. So i ran into town to the local leslie's store and grabbed a pump (around 45 minutes turn around time) So the guys were able to install it and get our pool running but did not have time to program the pump or scoop out all the leaves and debris from our pool or finish boxing up our cover. My wife and I spent two hours of our own time finishing the job. The bill that was left for us was was close to 500 dollars including the install of the new pump plus the full closing cost. A couple of days later when i called to get the bill adjusted down to exclude services NOT RECEIVED that we had originally agreed upon. As i described to some guy named "Josh" about what all had happened i could tell things were not gonna go well. Josh was very defensive and arrogant. First off he said why didnt you buy the pump from us. I explained that we tried but they were out of stock. Then he essentially called me a liar when he said that his guys had reported that they cleaned the pool. As i was trying to continue telling him that they did not clean the pool again he cut me off and said "looks like we are not going to able to satisfy you maybe you need to find a new pool company." It took me a second to gather myself before asking him to speak to his boss and again he was cocky and blurted out go right ahead i'll give you his name and telephone number. I had had enough at this point and just hung up. I open/close my own pool now. Definitely don't want to experience anything like that again. Good Luck if you decide to use them

Description of Work
Pool opening/Closing

04/23/2014

Jenny M.

Charged me$600 to close our pool and clear up some algae. Price was extremely high and had I not been exhausted from moving from Alaska and the movers leaving our stuff in disarray, I would have not done business with them due to their tactics and their price. They wanted to sell me a pool cover and tubes at 5 times the cost of Amazon and then turned around and tried to bully me into buying more tubes from them after they charged me highway robbery for algae clear up....and I had scrubbed the sides already. Whatever he did has left white bleached spots on my new liner. We bought the house with a new liner and the algae was only there for a week. Run away and run away fast from these bullies!!!!

Description of Work
Cleaned pool and closed for the winter.

09/24/2013

Julie T.

They had to level out the surface under the liner, then apply more combination surface. Installed liner. Filled pool, balanced it with chemicals and checked all pipes, motor, filter, etc. Excellent company, wrote contract with detailed step-by-step explanation of what the company would do. Excellent company, came 1 day after I called, wrote up contract, 4 or 5 days until workers came to put in liner. Finished in one day and came back next day to check all parts of pool and equipment. Would use them again and do use them for buying equipment and chemicals for the pool on an ongoing basis.

Description of Work
Installed new liner and opened pool for the summer.

09/17/2013

Richard H.

New pool liner works and has been finally installed with a significant discount for the previous delays. So, I will use them again for weekly cleaning service and closing the pool later this weeks.

Description of Work
New Pool Liner Works!

08/30/2013

Richard H.

The worst professional service. The Pool has not been used 1time this summer due to the company failure to vacuum and failure to add chemicals and failure to input the pool liner, despite my paying over $5,000 every week it is different story about their own was defective on day #1 and a ETA for liner inputs could be as late at 2014, despite my paying on my AMEX card. I made a phone call today to ask about the date for the input, the manager Miss J. Henderson someday in the future and that I was stuck with the payments that I had made in advance and threaten me to steal my credit card if I withdraw. Also there were a lot of gutter mouth talk about me and service military as worth to have a clean pool. So, Today, I pressed charges with AMEX, FBI, and JAG and BBB, real estate agent VP for loss value to my home is $25,000, EPA, I think that I have tire down the pool and bar due to the dangerous level of mold. I am a combat vet who lead troops and dangerous mission of the world, so I wanted to come to play the pool with parties in my backyard, Also, my son who was born when I was in Iraq, loves to swim it is his favorite joy, not one time was the pool safe to swim. In fact the lake's green water looks better the pool. I have not had 1 single day with blue water.

Description of Work
Open Pool has been only job ok. Weekly service Weekly Pool Cleaning (one time they made an error after vacumm and left it with zero water and took 3 days to get it back, another times when "sean came out, there no vacuum and no chemicals, so I pay my own chemicals to add $250. Replace Pool Liner

05/20/2013

Mary L.

They were fabulous. I made the appointment and so the service guy came and he was punctual, easygoing, and they did what they were supposed to do, I have no complaints. What stood out about them was their technician's knowledge of the problem.

Description of Work
I used Memphis Pool Supply for pool services last week.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

04/25/2007

MARY W.

As we normally use Memphis Pool for all our pool needs, we thought it best we get them to look at our Vacuum system as it wasn't working properly. My husband thought it would probably need replaced but the men at Polaris were very honest and said they would take the unit and work on it to see if it could be fixed. Well they did fix it and it saved us close to 500 dollars in having to replace it.

Description of Work
They fixed a Polaris Vacuum system on our pool as it broke down and would not clean properly.

08/07/2006

Memphis Pool Supply had a fantastic service. If you buy all your chemicals and pool needs from them, they will do all of the chemical and inspections at no charge. They did good quality work. We had no problems with their work.

Description of Work
They replaced a water pump motor in our 32000 gallon pool.

MEMPHIS POOL SUPPLY

Founded 1952 • With Angi since August 2006

4.1

930 W. POPLAR AVE

Collierville, TN 38017

RESIDENTIAL, COMMERICAL, POOL & SPA SALES, RENOVATION, SPA/HOT TUBS, POOL SUPPLIES, POOL CARE, SERVICE.

NA