Dunn Electrical Service

Founded 1993 • With Angi since March 2009

1448 Madison St

Clarksville, TN 37040

Family Owned and Operated for 23years - All techs are drug tested, background checked and trained! Additional fax - (931) 551-4545 Additional DBA - DES Inc. Doing Business as Dunn Electrical Service Financing Available from a third party/Synchrony Bank Financial...

02/28/2020

Kimberly D.

Awesome service. Joked around and learned alot.

Description of Work
Replace outlets, fix short and cat4

Thank you very much!

01/11/2020

DAULAT E.

It took a while for all the items on the list to be completed but on the whole the project went very smoothly. Eugene was a pro at getting the work done and took the time to get everything right. He arrived on time and even stayed later one evening to complete an item on the list. He had several suggestions on how items on the list could be completed more efficiently and cost-effectively. He and his helper Codie were diligent about cleaning up their workplaces before leaving for the day.

Description of Work
Several projects such as replacing light and fan fixtures, installing under-cabinet lights in kitchen, installing security lights outside the house etc

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans,electronic repair

Thank you very much!

08/04/2018

Barbara D.

They did a fantastic job. Showed up on time. They did exactly what I asked for. I will call them again and I would not hesitate to use them again. They also gave me a discount because I went to Angie's List.

Description of Work
Replaced porch light.

Category electrician

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are always happy to have another satisfied client! We will be there is you need us again in the future.

05/14/2018

Derek R.

Guys showed up on time, explained everything they did. They ensured everything was correct before leaving. Office folks kept me in the loop at all times. Great company at great price with amazing individuals. Would definitely use in the future.

Description of Work
Outside outlet and indoor GFC

Category electrician

I see that you had Tony for a tech and he is definitely awesome! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give feedback. You know that if you need anything else done you can request Tony again. Thank you for allowing us to take care of your electrical needs.

07/20/2017

Kenneth K.

Following the recommendation of the electrician, I bought a new fixture and installed myself. This did indeed fix the entire problem just as she said it would. Dunn is fair, honest, punctual and VERY professional. I fully recommend Dunn and will call again. If you need anything electrical done, get these guys.

Description of Work
I was having an issue with a shorted wall socket. And had no power along a whole wall. The electrician came out and did the free diagnostic and deduced the ceiling fan was causing the problem. She recommended I hire Dunn or simply replace the fixture myself.

02/16/2016

Lorraine E N.

Moved high wattage outlet and installed under cabinet LED lighting. Love the effect of the LED lighting , makes food prep easier-clean up too.

Description of Work
Moved

Category electrician,lighting,outdoor lighting

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. I am so glad you like your lighting. We have had a lot of success with LED lighting. You have trusted us with your electrical needs for a long time. Thank you for being such a loyal client.

11/01/2014

Angela P.

Service rep was on time, professional and very friendly. He installed a LED light in my shower, and it was perfect for what we needed! He also provided many suggestions for improving the things I was concerned about. I'm confident he would have done a great job. However, when I got the estimate, I decided to do some research and perform the work on my own. I saved several hundred dollars by installing dimmer switches and changing out light fixtures on my own.

Description of Work
provided an estimate for services, installed LED fixture

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Thank you.

08/07/2014

Bonnie H.

They did a perfect job. They were efficient, informative, professional and cleaned up very nicely afterwards. They were a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I called them out to re-do a fuse box for my in ground pool.

Category electrician

Thank you for your review! We appreciate customers like you that take the time to communicate with us. We look forward to serving you & your family in the future.

05/29/2014

Debbie C.

Appointment made quickly, neat, well-done work. Not our first experience with Dunn and will we definitely use them again when needed.

Description of Work
Replaced the ground fault plug, replaced a breaker, put in a wall switch and wired in a lighted medicine cabinet.

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for you comments and thank you for letting us be your electrical service company.

02/18/2014

Lorraine E N.

Excellent from design to completion. We are now protected from power outages - what a great relief! Highly recommend, great owner and employees!

Description of Work
Installed a full house generator.

Category electrician,generator service

02/04/2014

Helen C.

Rodney was very kind, thorough and professional. The service and price were good.

Description of Work
They came out as my electric was not working and inspected a ceiling light.

01/03/2014

Susan H.

Tim was quick and very professional. He asked if there was anything else he could help me with. That's going above and beyond great customer service. I'll be using Dunn of any future electrical work. Thanks Dunn and thanks Tim!!

Description of Work
Tim fixed my reversed wiring problem between the dishwasher and disposal as well as re-attaching an electrical plate on my hot water heater.

11/29/2013

Lorraine E N.

Value, confidence, professionalism and I felt that all the work was excellent. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced bad interior wiring, added outdoor security lighting .

11/24/2013

Paul L.

Tony arrived on time and finished the job in a timely manner. He replaced the FPE panel with a flush panel. The old one was from the sixties and had been through a house fire. He also fixed a wire around the meter box. Considering the work, the electric company, and the inspector, everything went smoothly and quicker than I expected. I will call them again.

09/22/2013

Tanja S.

No matter what problem or new project I have had within the last three years, in my ttwo properties, I have always called on Mr. Dunn and his staff to get the job done professionally, and with the knowledge that the jobs will get done right, no matter what. This company has installed a power generator , some light fixtures, set up the electrical services such as wiring etc. in a garage door addition I had built on, and the list goes on. The staff is great in every aspect. I am very thankful for having found them. I know that I am well taken care of, whenever I need them!

Description of Work
This last contract included the re-wiring power outlets

Category electrician,lighting,electronic repair,generator service

06/24/2013

Lee A.

I'm going to have a generator installed. Wire the home for sound. Install seven ceiling lights plus a dozen behind picture painting outlets. It's a big job. but they want to charge a fee for a bid. Crazy plain crazy

Description of Work
Wanted to charge a fee to bid a job.

Category electrician

DES does not charge for generator estimates. Our technicians have a standard service call fee of $49.95 for service related estimates. The customer is quoted a price & when the technician returns the customer will have only the cost previously quoted for the service. We have 17 customers on Fairway Drive and have previously serviced your address.

04/17/2013

Jose G.

I am very satisfied with this service from beginning to end. I made an appointment on the phone and was able to get an appointment two days later. Felipe arrived promptly with all the equipment he needed. He was very courteous and wore protective covers on his shoes to prevent dirtying the floor. The service fee was $49.95 for DES to come to the house and diagnose the problem. Felipe was able to provide an estimate for the "single circuit diagnosis" within a few minutes. The cost for the diagnosis was $180 (in addition to the $49.95). The price seemed high to me, but I have never paid an electrician before and it is good to know that a trained pro did the work and confirmed the safety of the installation. The two way light switch in the kitchen cost $45 to repair. All in all it was $274.95 for all repair work. Again, I hate paying others to do work because I can handle most household repair tasks, but then again the peace of mind of knowing the wiring is done safely is worth it. Thanks Felipe for doing such a great job and leaving a great impression of DES. Frank

Description of Work
Felipe did an outstanding job! I would definitely use DES again! I installed a ceiling fan in each of my daughter's bedrooms. The fans blades turned, but the breaker would trip when the lights on the fan were switched on. Felipe corrected the problem with the fan lights. I also had a two way light switch in our kitchen that was faulty and the problem was corrected.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

02/05/2013

Jacqulyn M.

He came out and helped me and got things back in order. Also, received a nice Thank you note in the mail a few days later for my service. Will use again!

Description of Work
Had some issues with lighting and a powerbox that didn't work.

01/15/2013

Otis R.

Brandon was professional and provided insight on how this could have happened. I could not be happier with his service. It didn't take long for him to figure out what was wrong. He gave is a few tips on how to keep that from happening again, I had a compressor and deep freezer plugged in the garage and a refrigerator plugged in the patio, two is enough to stress out the outlet, 3 powerful items like that is too much. So I keep one uplugged. I have a few projects that will require some electrical work. Dunn Electrical will be the first I call when I am ready to move forward with my home projects. I would highly recommend them to anyone. The saying "you get what you pay for" is so true and I am finding that out more and more the longer I live in this house.

Description of Work
I had no power to my outlets in the garage and patio area. Replaced the GFI oulet in my garage.

11/19/2012

Peggy R.

Worked was neat, efficient and quickly done with great results. It was a pleasure to have the person who was so competent doing our work.

Description of Work
Installed an electric box and connections for a generator in our home,

10/09/2012

Rachel I.

ciated. Tony is very knowledgeable and was professional and was just a nice guy! The kitchen light is great, I now have a brighter working light in my closet, hobby room, and excersize room. We are getting the panel done real soon!!

Description of Work
Tony from Dunn Electrical came in and listened to me while I explained and showed him what I wanted and he answered all my questions for me. He offered suggestions and information that I needed. He found that my electrical panel needs to be updated very soon which I really appre

Category electrician

Thank you Member. Tony is a great tech. We appreciate you as a customer.

09/17/2012

William T.

The technician was professional and knowledgable. He was right on time and did an outstanding job of seting up and testing the generator. It is a pleasure working with people like this.

Description of Work
Set up and activated my GENERAC power generator.

08/11/2012

Bill D.

He replaced an electric line that the original electrician had put a staple thru to fix the fridge & installed a whole house surge protector (the same brand that Mike Holmes uses!). He gave us a very reasonable estimate on some additional work we'd like to do @ some point in time. Was very nice & prompt.

Description of Work
we had a fried circuit breaker to our fridge & had been having problems w/ electrical surges

02/29/2012

Nickie R.

I used them in October 2008, it’s been a while but if I ever needed them I will call them. We actually had home maintenance and it would have been well over $700, but I had to pay $65 deductible charge because we had the home warranty. The breaker box caught fire so they came out and fixed it. It was the first time I used them and I was satisfied with them. They responded quickly. They were easy to work with and the gentleman who came was very professional and polite. He seemed to be honest.

Description of Work
I used Dunn Electrical Service as the main box was on fire.

02/17/2012

Carolyn S.

great..on time with all materials needed

Description of Work
Install new line for electric heater..install line for exlectric stove. installed new light on outside house for the back door. installed new plugs for the lines. Hard workers and very neat.

Light TN

PLL, LLC - Light TN can light up the exterior of your home or commercial property with ease. All our outdoor lighting services are available at highly competitive prices. Locally owned and serving all of middle Tennessee since 2019. We always complete our work efficiently and in a timely fashion, Please ask us about our military discount. http://www.LightTN.com (615) 808-8882.

Binkley Electric Company

I have over 15 years experience. This used to be my father's business. We can do any job from big to small. Hang lights or run new circuit.

ARCHER ELECTRIC

24 Hours Emergency Service! From Archer Electric 'When you call an electrician at Archer Electric, you can rest assured that we will provide professional, honest, and effective electrical services and repair for your home or property. We are prepared to diagnose any electrical problem you’re facing and resolve it. Our services include electrical panel changes, electrical remodels, and electrical service calls. '

Electronic Gadget Repair

Residential and Commercial electrical service and repair: everything from replacing outlets, to service changes, to running power to hot tubs: lighting retrofits, ceiling fans, landscape lighting, generator sales and service, parking lot pole light maintenance, remodels, and home safety inspections, and much more.

appliance repair, electronics