C & S Auto Repair

Founded 1978 • With Angi since June 2006

1771 Wilma Rudolph Blvd

Clarksville, TN 37043

Serving Clarksville since 1978. We use the latest in computer diagnostics and are auto electric specialist. Same day service on most repairs. Towing available. Certified Auto Repair facility. 12 months / 12,000 mile nationwide warranty on most repairs. Our technicians are highly qualified and two of them have been with our company over 20 years. Conveniently located to downtown. Appointments are recommended but not required....

05/01/2017

Tina W.

It went great. We knew we needed to get this work done on our truck for quite a while. We move a lot and now was the perfect timing.

Description of Work
I really like this place. They are very efficient and know what they are doing. I feel like they are very honest and knowledgeable. I would recommend to everyone

04/27/2016

Toni F.

Mr. Rust was very professional whenever I spoke to him on the phone.The main problem I have with the shop is they have great difficulty finding the parts for my car. My car was in the shop for three weeks almost four. The first three days it was in the shop they had difficulty locating the problem and then we had a snow storm so that is completely understandable. It took an additional two and half weeks after that for them to locate the parts and to repair it. If you have a newer model car then Mr. Rust's establishment is the perfect place to get it repaired but for older makes and models (my car is a 1990 model) I would suggest the dealership or someone who specializes in older cars especially if you only own one vehicle. So for the time being I will not be using C & S but if I purchase a newer model car in the future I will most definitely be a returning customer.

Description of Work
The provider fixed the interrupter on a 1990 Bonneville which was a gift to me from a family at my church.

Category auto repair

I regret that you were unable to give us an "A" on your review. Unfortunately, it can be difficult when dealing with parts for older vehicle. Let us know if we can assist you in the future. Doyle Rust C&S Auto Repair

02/24/2016

Wiley B.

They did it for an hour. There was no wait time. I had an appointment. They took me right in. I would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They do my oil changes and they do some repairs for me. It was an oil change and they worked at my wheel.

Category auto repair

Thanks for the great review! Appreciate your business.

11/12/2015

Pamela M.

We towed in an used car that we needed to evaluate whether to diagnose and repair or let go. They were very professional and thorough. We decided to make a few repairs and have enjoyed a well running car in the process. Highly recommend these honest and qualified professionals.

Description of Work
This was the second time we used C&S Auto Repair. We were very impressed with our first repair as well.

Category auto repair,towing

We appreciate you taking the time to review our business and look forward to working with you in the future. Doyle Rust

08/01/2014

michael E.

The professionalism, communication and cost are head and shoulders above the rest in Clarksville. I was informed of the cost before work started and kept informed of what was being replaced and why. The best compliment I can give is that we are always treated like family at C & S. I couldn't imagine bringing our vehicles anywhere else. The great folks there have earned out business for life.

Description of Work
Our Matrix had a loud noise coming from the engine area. They inspected the car and assured me it wasn't in the engine itself. It turned out that a belt and pulley needed to be replaced.

Category auto repair

We are so pleased that you took the time to review our business. I hope that we can continue to be your choice for auto repair and maintenance for many years. Doyle Rust, Owner C&S Auto Repair

07/18/2014

Michael S.

C & S ordered and installed a new transmission for my Honda Odyssey van. They set up an appointment time and told when they would complete the work. The work was completed on time and they communicated with me throughout the process. The price of the transmission was substantial and we could have went with a lesser expensive alternative but decided to go with a transmission with a 10 year warranty. Their facility was clean and they were very professional. I would encourage anyone in the area needing automotive work to talk to C & S before beginning work elsewhere.

Description of Work
Transmission replacement

Category auto repair,transmission repair

Thanks for the review, Mr. [member name removed]. We appreciate your business and hope to be of service to you again. Doyle Rust, Owner

05/12/2014

Tamara L.

My car had to be towed to their shop. They were very courteous and worked hard to fit it into a very busy Friday. They thoroughly tested both the battery and the alternator and replaced only what was needed. I was able to pick it up that afternoon. Very happy that I didn't have to wait until Saturday or Monday!! I highly recommend C& S and plan to take both of our vehicles to them in the near future for general inspections and maintenance.

Description of Work
Car would not start and the electrical/security system was turning on and off even without the key in the ignition. They checked the battery as well as the alternator. Luckily only the battery had to be replaced.

Category auto repair,car inspections

Thanks for the great review and we look forward to working with you in the future.

04/04/2014

Steve H.

I would highly recommend him. He did just the work I needed very timely. The price was reasonable. They were knowledgeable. They fixed the problem with what I had them fix.

Description of Work
I used the auto repair services of C & S Auto Repair. I had work done there. It was for the fuel injection problem.

Category auto repair

Thanks for the good review, [member name removed]. We appreciate your business and hope to be of service to you in the future. Doyle Rust, Owner

04/01/2014

Cindy R.

I hear an awful noise from my car and my husband says it's my brakes they need to be possibly replaced. I checked out Angie's List like I do for everything and saw the reviews for C&S. There wasn't a review that turned me off or scared me at all. I called and spoke with the owner/operator Doyle and he was the nicest man I've ever dealt with. I brought my car promptly in the same morning I called and left it with him. He calls me about 2 hours later and explains everything to me and then spoke with my husband and explained it to him as well. He was honest and said the repair could wait because safety wasn't the issue it was the comfort of knowing the noise was gone and the assurance knowing it's already taken care of for the future. When I then told Doyle I found him on Angie's List he surprised me and said they give a discount! I was so happy. I then promptly liked his business on FB and will recommend his business to everyone I know. All my cars will now visit C&S!

Description of Work
Brake repair and concern for my maintenance of my car.

Category auto repair

Thanks, [member name removed]! As you stated, your problem was more of an annoyance than a safety issue at this time. We always try to give our customers the information needed to make an informed decision and find that goes a long way to gaining the confidence of our customers. We're so glad you found us on Angie's List and look forward to working with you in the future. Doyle Rust, Owner

03/28/2014

Donna F.

I was very pleased with the service I received. The contacted me periodically throughout the day with progress on there attempts to find and repair the issue. At the end of the day I picked up my car. The owner/operator, I think (sorry i don't remember) was very friendly and understanding. He took care of that type of issue in a timely manner and the repair is sound. I want to thank C&S Auto Repair for their complete service and care. I plan on visiting the new location in the near future for other repairs. I will not go to anyone else. Thank you again. See you soon!!!

Description of Work
I slowly noticed a gasoline aroma that seemed to linger in the cad. I got onto Angieslist to locate a quality auto repair facility. I choose C&S auto repair based off of its rate and quality. When I called I believe I was speaking to the owner/operator. I explained the problem and I scheduled a date to drop the car off. The day came. I dropped my car off in the care of the owner/ operator. I prearranged a ride to work and a ride back the auto shop so I had no concerns there.

Category auto repair

Thanks for the good review, (member name removed)! We strive to provide superior service with each vehicle left in our care. Your taking time to schedule an appointment does make it easier for all involved but we are there when the emergency happens, too. Thanks for mentioning our new location, too. We moved in the second week of February and look forward to you visiting us when the need arises at 1771 Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville. I think you'll find we are able to provide even more services in the new facility. Thanks again! Doyle Rust, Owner
    Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Towing
    Auto Tires
    Auto Body Work
    Auto Mufflers
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, American Express, PayPal, Financing Available

Auto Repair, Preventitive Maintenance Services, Auto Electric Repairs, Brakes, Driveability Concerns, Minor & Major Mechanical, Timing Belts, Tires, Suspension & Shocks, Water Pumps, Alternators, Power windows, power seats, Tune-up, Starter, Interstate Battery Dealer, Fuel pumps.

Auto Body