Maxwell House Interiors

Founded 1990 • With Angi since March 2014

Maxwell House Interiors is a full service residential and light commercial design firm. We are happy to help you with ideas, a single room, or your entire home. We offer furniture, accessories, lighting, and window treatments at 30-60 percent below retail and design work can be done on an hourly

interior decorators (16)window treatment (6)home staging (2)

02/26/2018

Randy K.

Virginia is the consummate professional. Her design advice and excellent insights really made a huge difference for our remodel effort. We used her services for a master bath addition and it turned out beautifully! We were so pleased we hired her again for a major kitchen and living area remodel. We couldn't be more pleased. Thanks Virginia!

Description of Work
Interior design for remodel

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

Review for Maxwell House Interiors - Gem Place, Chattanooga, TN - 36860342

07/25/2017

Suzanne M.

She helped with the design of our house. The contract people were a little slow, but I had no issues with their work. I also had no problems with Maxwell House.

Description of Work
We wanted ideas to help update our house because we are selling it.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

07/03/2017

Jane P.

The project was a huge success. She took an otherwise drab area and turned it into an area that I love to be in now. It is beautiful and relaxing. She is truly talented and it was a pleasure working with her. I wouldn't hesitate to hire her again.

Description of Work
Need a new look for my living/dining and kitchen area. I wanted a look that was timeless but still fit my style and comfort level.

Category interior designers, window treatments, home staging

Work Completed On 07/01/2017

04/24/2017

Marie B.

She called me immediately after buying the deal. She was very nice, and helpful to some extent. I was able to get a few things figured out. She offered to do things afterward if I wanted. She kept herself open if I needed her, which was nice. She spent about 2 hours with me, and was very friendly. I was very glad I had talked with her.She was not rushed (Took her time with me), which was a good thing. I was going in the right direction in my decorating, but just decided not to use her.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for $99 for 2 Hours of Interior Design Consultation, Room Makeover or Home Staging Consultation off of Angie's List. They talked with me about my how to arrange my furniture in my new townhouse.

Category interior designers, home staging

Work Completed On 02/24/2017

04/12/2017

Meredith G.

Went wonderfully! Virginia is easy to get in touch with, flexible, and responsive.

Description of Work
Virginia Warren with Maxwell House Interiors is a pleasure to work with! She has amazing design ideas and hit the nail on the head right away with the sort of blinds I was looking for. She is now working with me on a much more major project--some serious remodeling of our home--and her ideas have just been stellar! I would highly recommend working with her--she's friendly, easy to talk with, has great ideas, and a spectacular design sense.

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

02/04/2017

teresa l S.

Loved working with Virginia. She listened to what I was hoping to do and gave me some great ideas.

Description of Work
Advice on new furniture, layout for rooms

Work Completed On 01/26/2017

I really enjoyed working with you. Thank you so much for your kind remarks.

09/20/2016

Misty K.

I can't say enough good things about Virginia. My project started as furnishing a few rooms in our new house, and the experience was so wonderful (and the prices Virginia found on gorgeous, quality furnishings and fixtures so great - I will never buy furniture through retail stores again) that we ended up doing the entire 5000+ square foot house - paint, wallpaper, light fixtures, artwork, and custom curtains. The result is stunning, better than I could have imagined. Virginia's taste is impeccable, but what she really excelled at was getting to know our family, our style, our likes/dislikes, personalities, how we wanted the rooms to look and function, and how much we wanted to spend. I had never worked extensively with a decorator before - I thought they were only for those with big budgets - and didn't want a snob who would look down on my secondhand or "well-loved" pieces or flea market finds. I needn't have worried - Virginia is so down to earth and a genius at mixing high and low end pieces. At the end of the project, I had a gorgeous, comfortable house that perfectly suited our needs, as well as a cherished friend. Next up - patio furnishings!

Description of Work
Full house decorating, furnishing

Work Completed On 09/20/2016

03/31/2016

Karen M.

Virginia is a wonderful person. She is down to earth. I truly enjoyed talking with her. She has very sound ideas and excellent taste! She came to my home after I purchased one of the deals on Angie's list. After our meeting I received a very nice follow up letter. I would definitely recommend her.

Description of Work
Interior Design Consultation

Work Completed On 02/10/2016

03/24/2016

Blair C.

Work Completed On 03/05/2016

03/11/2016

Karen M.

Description of Work
I truly enjoyed meeting Virginia. She immediately made me feel at ease. I talked with her about ideas and updates for my home. She had great suggestions. I received a very nice letter from her following our meeting!

Work Completed On 02/12/2016

01/17/2016

Randy K.

She met with us to understand our desires then she went out and found the products and services to match our wishes with her added expert eye for style and design. We ended up with a beautiful bathroom that we are very happy with.

Description of Work
Virginia provided decorating advice and buying service

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

05/14/2015

Margaret B.

Description of Work
We are in the middle of an ongoing project and I'm very happy with the results so far.

Work Completed On 05/11/2015

09/25/2014

LORA T.

. I'm glad I listened because the room is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Completed on a timely basis and just as she expected ! This prompted me to move on to my family room! We went out together a couple of times to "sit" on furniture before the process of picking out fabric. We found furniture based on her recommendation. With fabrics, My husband and I met with her twice going through fabrics. Again, Virginia and my husband picked out the same fabrics and am pleased to say that my family room is lovely as well!

Description of Work
Virginia came in and gave me lots of suggestions on how I should proceed with two projects I was interested in doing. We decided that the priority, due to budget, was to start with my daughter's room. She was very good at listening to my vision of the project and then gave me her ideas and then moved towards " a bit of both!" We went out and looked at fabric ideas for curtains, dust ruffle, shams and accent pillows. I picked out what I liked and she picked out a few of her own and together we picked accents for all of our choices. Then we proceeded to get the opinion of my college -age daughter and of course, she loved Virginia"s ideas! Virginia did tell me that my vision was more in line with someone my age and not a twenty year old

Work Completed On 11/15/2013

07/21/2014

Martha W.

What we like most about Maxwell House Interiors is that Virginia works with your ideas and lets you "sit in the driver's seat" so to speak when it comes to your style, color preferences, etc. We've worked with decorators in the past that it was their way or no way, and it has been so refreshing to find someone who listens to what we want to achieve overall in our home with design and decor. At the same time, Virginia is not afraid to tell us that she has a better idea and explains why, and she has helped us to envision and realize what we originally wanted to do would not work to our satisfaction. Virginia is excellent with color and floor planning, and she also shows how to take what you already have in furnishings and fixtures and refresh them for continued use. Our cabinets in our current kitchen are still in great shape and we will save a lot of money by using what we have and adding other cabinets to them. Whether your needs are simple or extensive, Virginia Warren can provide an affordable consultation plan to fulfill your goals for your home or business. We look forward to an ongoing relationship with Maxwell House Interiors and feel confident that the outcome of all our decisions will add value and a beautiful new look to our home of nearly 30 years.

Description of Work
We are in the process of a long term plan of remodeling and updating our home and have consulted with Maxwell House Interiors on design and decorating. We have plans on moving our kitchen to a different room and some other pretty major changes. We presented our ideas to Virginia Warren with Maxwell House Interiors and she began working with us on a plan of action. Virginia has assisted us on picking out wood flooring, carpet and LVT tile. She has also helped us with paint colors for walls, trim work and ceilings. We have an organized room by room chart that reveals the flow of color and we are pleased with all her ides along with ours. We are very much do-it-yourself kind of people, and while all our projects will take some time to complete, Virginia has enabled us to have a plan that we can afford, visualize and stay on track.

Work Completed On 05/17/2014

07/16/2014

ELLEN & IAN S.

Virginia is the VERY BEST at coming into a home, evaluating what is already there, arranging everything to its best advantage, and filling in any holes beautifully and economically! She has beautiful taste and great confidence in her recommendations. She is affordable, and knows where to shop for the best buys. And she is a lovely person and a pleasure to work with. We no longer live in the same state, but I still try to work with her whenever I can.

Description of Work
Virginia has done many things for us: Furniture re-location, advice on paint and floors, manage kitchen remodel, select and purchase furniture and décor. She even hung 40 photos on a picture wall in my family room the week before Christmas one year!

Work Completed On 07/07/2014

I can't tell you how much I enjoy working with you and I look forward to working with you more in the future.

02/19/2014

Dawn M.

We highly recommend her and will continue to use her.

Description of Work
In working with our builder and architect, Virginia has been instrumental in helping us create a floor plan that will work well for our family. Her 30 years of design education and experience has proved invaluable. Space planning and furniture arrangements for our existing furniture as well as new purchases has been key. She has listened carefully to our needs and wants and proposed a plan for new purchases along with helping us with a budget. She is very cost conscious and suggested some beautiful, less expensive alternatives to some high end pieces that we had our heart set on. We ended up going with the more expensive pieces and she was able to get them for me at a much better price than I could find anywhere else. Along with the practicalities of space planning and budget, her sense of design is wonderful... from flooring to window treatments to furniture and accessories, she has helped us pull it all together. She picked right up on our likes and taste.... however, she is quick to tell me if she thinks I am making a mistake. She tells me that she will do whatever we want, but gives us the reasons why she thinks something else might work better, then it is our decision to make.

Work Completed On 02/19/2014

Contact

Phone

Gem Place

Chattanooga, TN 37421

Website

Interior Design and Decorating, Window Treatments, Home Staging, Basement Remodeling, Kitchen and Bath Remodeling,
    Furniture - Custom Made,