IMPROVE AMERICA INC

Founded 1979 • With Angi since March 2008

P.O Box 4954

Chattanooga, TN 37405

***QUALIFIED CUSTOMERS ONLY - FREE CONSULTATIONS!!***We are a full service residential remodeling company with employees. Our employees have had background checks. We are fully insured. We build additions, do whole house renovations, do baths and kitchens, are certified to do aging in place projects. We also retrofit homes for the handicapped or elderly. Additional address - P. O. Box 4954, Chattanooga, TN - 37405....

home remodeling (24)decks & porches (23)woodworking (15)door installation (11)electrician (10)general contractors (9)siding companies (8)interior painting (7)window replacement (7)roofing (6)lighting (6)insulation (6)

12/16/2020

I was very happy with Improve America. Mel Medaris was very professional and he clearly conveyed how he would perform the work. His work crew showed up timely and worked efficiently to finish the job. They were sticklers for quality as was Mr. Medaris. We are extremely happy with the finished product as well as the process to get there. I have since recommended Mr. Medaris to others who have simil...

Description of Work
Replaced wooden deck with Trex. Rescreened porch.

Category decks

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

11/18/2020

Mel and his Team are wonderful at what they do and at a reasonable price. They did a few jobs for me and are always the first I call when I have other projects in mind I need quoted. I can’t wait to let them make my next home improvement dream come true.

Description of Work
Under deck roof & garage repair

Category decks,remodeling,garage builders

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

10/05/2020

Mel and his team did a great job. Communication with Mel was very good. His crews arrived on time daily. The rough carpenters did a great job. The electrician and carpenters arrived on time, completed their work quickly. Michael, the finisher, is a REALLY talented guy. He pulled the work of the other groups together and completed the project.

Description of Work
Bathroom/shower added on 2nd story.

Category contractors,woodworking,home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

These folks were great to deal with and understood each part of the process. If there was a hall of fame for customers, they would be inducted on the first try. This was a great experience for us and they got an upstairs bath that they needed.

08/23/2020

great work and only about 2 weeks delay despite a tornado and COVID! very happy

Description of Work
long wall removed to open up kitchen/dining/living area

Category contractors,ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,lighting,plastering,plumbing,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 08/23/2020

We appreciate this customer as she is a health care worker and on the front lines of the battle with the pandemic. We trust she got the kitchen of her dreams as we removed a dividing wall in a 60's era home and made a huge, open and attractive space for cooking and entertaining.

08/21/2020

Work was completed within a 2 week window and matches with existing porch perfectly. Mel worked with us personally to ensure our total satisfaction. Looking at hiring him again for other projects.

Description of Work
Enclosed deck with screened porch

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

These folks were very nice and understanding throughout the whole construction process.They knew what they wanted and made it easy for us to know how to complete the project. If you had to clone the ideal customers, they would be great candidates. They have since recommended ImproveAmerica to other folks in the neighborhood.

08/18/2020

Owner could not follow thru or even contact me regarding quote as promised. Makes me wonder about dependability.

Description of Work
deck addition

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

In the first place, I contacted Mrs. [Member Name Removed] the very day I received the invitation to bid. I went by and took measurements that day and told her I would get back to her the "first of the week". She mistook that for MONDAY and promptly called me Tuesday morning and said she did not want the quote that I lied to her about calling. I don't know what her problem is but ,Thankfully, we d...

07/22/2020

This project went very smoothly. From the first appointment, Mel was very professional and did all the measurements for the project. When I decided to select him for the project, we discussed some changes I wanted, then scheduled the project. When they started the project was started, the material was already delivered and available. The actual construction was delayed a little because of weather ...

Description of Work
Deck and stairs on House

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

07/10/2020

Mel Madaris and the workers were very professional and friendly. Mel was patient and answered all my questions. They started work on the agreed date and finished in a timely manner. An old deck landing and stairs were removed and a new deck and stairs were built. Also, the old load bearing posts and railing on the front poach was removed and replaced. I am very pleased with the work done and will ...

Description of Work
Replace deck and front porch post and railings.

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

03/29/2020

Very professional, timely, and much more reasonable on cost than other professionals

Description of Work
Porch retiled

Category decks,remodeling

Work Completed On 03/29/2020

06/05/2019

Excellent job. Mel and his team Were prompt , detailed and did an excellent job from start to finish and as promised. No surprises, job quoteded at a fair price for work performed. We will use again.

Description of Work
Removed 2 walls opening up kitchen and dining area.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

ROOM ADDITIONS, GARAGES & OUTBUILDINGS, DECKS , HANDICAP RETROFITTING, GENERAL REMODELING, SCREENED PORCHES, BATH AND KITCHEN REMODELING

ask for details