The Honey Do Service, Inc. - Bristol, VA

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2007

4.2

967 Volunteer Pkwy

Bristol, TN 37620

Handyman Specialists - A General Contractor suited for your Home Maintenance and Improvement Needs. The Honey Do Service, Inc. is a licensed and insured contractor specializing in handyman services, small odd jobs and maintenance services. No Job Too Small, We Do It All! The Honey Do Service, Inc.

09/25/2017

Kim B.

The guys were on time. The replacement deck was awesome. They finished in a timely manner and the end result was excellent. All jobs performed were wonderful. Looks great!

Description of Work
Changed shower faucet. Replaced back deck & steps. Replaced back steps. Stucco work on back & front porch.

Category plumbing, woodworking, stucco

08/26/2017

Susan S.

Justin was excellent, on time, friendly, informative.

Description of Work
Replaced mailbox with new one. Replaced leaky kitchen faucet. Fixed 3 interior doors that were sticking. Fixed faulty lights in garage & on back porch.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, doors

08/21/2017

Mike C.

on time reasonable quote, less than expected all craftsman were professional

Description of Work
leveled hvac changed breaker inspected GFCI inspected sink drain

Category handyman service

06/29/2017

Lucetta W.

Not sure the person who did electric work was licensed electrician. When paper removal became difficult...even though it was only one layer, it was just painted over. Some of the workers were very good, but I had the impression some had never done this kind of work before.

Description of Work
Electrical...stripping wallpaper and painting. Some masonry repair.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Thanks for taking the time to provide your review. All electrical work we do that is required to be done by a licensed electrician, is done by a licensed electrician. We warranty our work for a full year, and customer satisfaction is our top priority, so if you're unsatisfied with any part of your project, all you have to do is give us a call and we will happily make it right. Thanks!

06/26/2017

Kelly T.

Not one person tried to contact me. They must not need money.

Description of Work
Screened in porch

Category decks, roofing

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We have gone through all of our messages and emails and have not found any communication from you. Additionally, [Removed Member Location] is not in The Honey Do Service of Bristol's service area. We're wondering if you might have us confused with another company. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss further.

11/22/2016

Mary Jo G.

Donna was 30 mins late. I am very picky but she took suggestions well. Had to go back over a few things. The job took 1 hr longer than expected.

Description of Work
Detailed cleaning of one bedroom & master bath (no windows).

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this review. We're a customer service driven organization and your feedback is invaluable to our success. The Honey Do Service normally works on a fixed-cost basis, but our quality cleaning services are done hourly for your convenience. We apologize that Donna was late - we take pride in being punctual for our clients and this is not the norm for our company. We do hope you'll allow us to serve you again in the future.

10/06/2016

Marc S.

The workers were on time and very professional. They took on the job when very few other contractors would. They surpassed all my expectations and made my house whole again. The not only fix the damage but rectified poor decision made by an earlier contractor. it was obvious that they cared about what they were doing and reflected that in the quality and care they took into the work they did.

Description of Work
Poor installation of deck causes major structural and water damages. Remove existing deck, replaced exterior sheeting and sile plate for three walls. Put deck board back. Replace door jam, Replace drywall, Remove and replace subfloor and wood flooring. This was a major job where few contractor said they were willing to do.

Category decks, hardwood floor, siding, doors

09/26/2016

Debra D.

Estimate part went fine. Re-pointing job, no. First man came out, said he was a roofer and did not work on chimneys. He said someone would call us that afternoon. Three days later Honey do called and said they were sending out another man. He said he couldn't do the job unless we paid extra for materials and he couldn't guarantee not damaging our new metal roof. We said, no way. First he said he was the general contractor, then he said he was brand new. We both agreed we needed a refund of our deposit, which I went and got the next day. No more honey do.

Description of Work
Chimney re-pointing first, then we received estimates for five other home repairs. We had to pay a fifty percent deposit for re-pointing, which we did.

Category chimney repair

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your honest feedback with us. The Honey Do Service, Inc. employs quality craftsmen in all trades of home improvement from electrical and plumbing to roofing and masonry. We are licensed general contractors. We determined that in your particular case, a lift was needed to re-point your chimney in order to protect your new roof. When you elected to not move forward due to the cost of renting the lift, we promptly returned your deposit. Safety and the protection of your home is very important to us, and we do apologize we were unable to assist you further. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you'll reconsider allowing us to serve you again in the future.

08/26/2016

Sherry J.

We needed to have some work done and had been unable to find anyone to do it so I looked on line to find someone. I found The Honey Do Service listed so I gave them a call. I called to arrange an appointment for estimate for repair of nail pops in a 17 foot ceiling, a crack in the dry wall on one wall and painting the ceiling. Scheduled appointment for two days later. They called back to say the could come the next day. Gentleman arrived the next day promptly and took measurements and went back to his car and said he would let us know cost within 10 minutes. We were pleasantly surprised at the price and he estimated it would take around 8 hours. We agreed to it and signed a contract and paid a deposit. The work was scheduled a week out. One worker showed up promptly and called back to advise scaffolding would be needed. He went ahead and started trimming until the other workers came with the scaffolding. They were very neat and took care with the furniture and floors. After doing repairs and applying one coat of paint, it was agreed another coat of paint was needed and would require coming back the next day. A supervisor came buy to check on things both days to make sure we were satisfied with everything. It was a pleasant experience and we are very pleased with the work they did.

Description of Work
Patched nail pops in 17 foot ceilings and crack in dry wall. Painted entire ceiling

07/06/2016

tonda F.

Job went well. Good about clean up each day. Job took 2 days longer than expected.

Description of Work
Complete small bath make over. Bump out L/R wall & window.

Category home remodeling

06/16/2016

Robert C.

On Monday 28 September 2015, the Honey Do Service representative with whom I had previously made an appointment (Patrick Lilley) arrived at 11 a. m. (on time) to estimate the cost of repairs. He was present for one hour. On Thursday 08 October 2015 at 08:30 a. m. Charlie from Honey Do arrived and completed the estimated repairs for the agreed price. He finished by approximately 10:45 a. m. No problems occurred. All work was accomplished professionally.

Description of Work
Repair kitchen sink drain with washer, glue, and gasket. Ensure all pipes are tightened. Repair upstairs bathroom sink drain pop-up assembly. Tighten underneath bed frame in bedroom with wood screws to stabilize. Clean up and haul away all job related debris.

Category handyman service, plumbing

11/10/2015

Seth B.

I want to give a pros and cons view of Honey Do, because there is a lot they do right. First, the contractor performed several free inspections. Most commercial companies do not provide free inspections. Honey Do also tended to be less expensive than most services that also inspected our home. They did install pex plumbing correctly, meaning that it has not leaked. My criticisms have more to do with specifics and the long-range well being of our home. Just months afterwards their work was performed, I had a new pressure-reducer valve installed to fix water pressure since Honey Do indicated that was the final step to doing so. However, I learned that the problem was the size of the pex Honey Do installed--the water line from the street to the house is new, so that was not the issue. Now, if I want to improve the water pressure in our home, I will need to pay a plumber to fix what I paid to have repaired last year. Additionally, HD also left some of the old copper plumbing in place instead of taking it out. Since, we also had problems with moisture in our crawl space, Honey Do recommended crawl space fans. However, after observing the fans for more than a year, they did not help with the moisture at all. In fact, they caused mold to form on the joists they were located closest to; nor did the french drain pull water away from a particular side of our house, either. Initially, I was pleased with Honey Do's efforts, but after observing and learning more about plumbing and crawl space ventilation, I'm ambivalent about the work, to say the least.

Description of Work
Honey Do replaced galvanized plumbing in my crawlspace with pex pipe. They also installed two fans in our crawl space that was supposed to help dry it out along with two electrical outlets. Finally, they put in a downspout at the back of our home, too.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, roofing, drain pipe

09/01/2015

Sherry W.

Gary, the contractor, was on time. He was sure to cover floors to prevent water damage. He was very efficient. He performed an excellent job.

Description of Work
Replacement of bathroom toilet

Category plumbing

06/23/2015

Brent C.

Did not take in to consideration the light fixtures and had to lower medicine cabinet that he just installed.

Description of Work
Installed light fixtures. Installed bath fixtures.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, woodworking

06/19/2015

Keith G.

Estimate was 3x more than other estimates I received from other companies. Also, they were supposed to contact me in 2-3 days with more estimates on other jobs but never contacted me again even after I tried getting in touch with them. Cannot comment on their work because never got that far because I was forgotten about or they just didn't want to do the work. Disappointed..... Company never called me back , response is not true nor accurate of effort to reach me. I have only a cell number and there is no record of them trying to call me. Will not use nor recommend to anyone in the future.

Description of Work
Estimate for outside work on house

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. Unlike many other companies in the area, we are licensed, insured, established, and guarantee our work for a full year. We did call you, but were unfortunately unable to reach you. We do truly value the opportunity to serve you and hope you'll give us the opportunity again in the future.

02/28/2015

carl C.

Charlie was great overseeing and working. Was a great job and very professional.

Description of Work
Replace 20 foot dryer vent pipe. Installed 4 lights. Installed 14 electrical receptacles. Cleaned up and hauled away trash.

Category electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

12/31/2014

Walter B.

2014The work on my house is stil on going. Soon as they get through with the remodeling, I Wil make a complete report to naturalist. Thank you. The work on my house was completed week of December 7,2014.Over all the work was excellent. Work on the house: Remodel the kitchen, enlosed the carport, had new garage door. Put a sink in the carport room. Had new tile put in the master bath room. That all we had done.

Description of Work
They provided all the materials for the job.

07/30/2014

Clifford S.

Punctuality is perfect from showing up to do the estimate to finishing the job, Honey-Do is always where they say they will be when they say they'll be there. All jobs I have used them for started and ended on-time. This was refinishing the grill deck using Behr Deck Over and the preparation was top-notch work, followed by 2 perfect coats. They've never been anything but outstanding. I've used Honey-Do of Bristol 4 times now for various projects and they'll be the first people I think of for future needs.

Description of Work
Refinish grill deck, preparation and paint. Also in the past they built decking for me, excellent service and quality results. I'll this outfit again and again.

07/17/2014

Mary Jo G.

We received a quote for remodeling work. They were very professional and prompt, however, the quote was on the high end. We went with someone else.

Description of Work
Did not use.

Category remodeling, roofing

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate us today and thank you for your compliment on our punctuality and professionalism. We pride ourselves on our top-quality workmanship which we guarantee for a full year and we regret that we were not in your budget. We do hope to be able to serve you in the future.

06/29/2014

Sarah S.

We entered into a contract with Honey Do in October of 2011 to replace a metal roof due to hail damage. We chose Honey Do because of their Corporation status but were never told that franchise was a wholly separate entity from the Corporation. They required half up front for materials ($9400 yes I can't believe I paid that). Immediately, we were told that we were next on the list. Well, a month passed with no mention of doing the work. Every time I spoke with the owner at the time, he said we were next on the list. I met with Honey Do at the end of December to discuss what was happening. I was told they HAD to have a guarantee from me that the rest of their money would be available the MOMENT they finished the roof. I refused, because our house was being fixed through an insurance claim and Wells Fargo wouldn't distribute the money until one of their people inspected the work. I was then told that my house would be put on hiatus until spring. So, March rolled around and I sent the owner, Chris Sloce, a letter of termination if all work wasn't completed by 10 days of the receiving the letter with the stipulation that all money would returned or Legal action would ensue. After the 10 days, I called Mr. Sloce, and to my surprise, he tells me that the Honey Do Corporation just pulled his franchise license and that all unfinished contracts would not be completed. I contacted the BBB but was given the reply that the Corporation does not fulfill previous obligations from Mr Sloce. I completely understand that his license should have been negated, but if Honey Do gave him an opt out of having to pay any of his debts, then THEY should have to cover what was lost to the client. I spoke with an attorney about reclaiming the funds but was told that its basically just gone. So now it is June 2014, no new roof, and water damage throughout my home. I have learned a pricey lesson when it comes to home contracts.

Description of Work
They took our contract (and half our money) to replace our roof but never even showed back up.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. At the time of your contract signing, The Honey Do Service, Inc. branch in Bristol, VA was owned by a Mr. Chris Sloce. The current ownership of the Honey Do Service, Inc. of Bristol, VA is extremely disappointed in the actions of the former concerning your roof. Mr. Sloce lost his opportunity to continue to be a The Honey Do Service, Inc. owner due to practices such as the one you have experienced. A complete change in ownership, management, and staff has been made at the Bristol, VA location and we can positively insure quality at the highest level and business ethics our community would be proud of. While we'd like to offer our sincerest apology for your situation, the current owners cannot assume financial responsibility for the actions of Mr. Sloce. We wish you the best of luck in resolving this matter.

06/04/2014

Lance C.

Honey Do Service of Bristol was very responsive, professional, and punctual in providing a bid to remodel our bathroom. However, their cost estimate was much higher than any other bids received so did not use them. They did follow-up to see if we were still interested. Since an Overall rating is necessary, gave a "B" due to high cost estimate and "N/A" to quality since we did not use their services.

Description of Work
Provided a cost estimate for a bathroom remodel project.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest opinion of the Honey Do Service, Inc. Not only are we responsive, punctual, and professional but our craftsmanship is top-notch quality and warrantied for a year. Thank you for considering us and we hope to be able to serve you in the future.

06/03/2014

jeff C.

I never got a price .... See previous comments

Description of Work
I ask for am est. but never got it....no one gave me a price...someone called and said to call them back. I went to their office he was not in and I ask for the rep. To call me again and he never called back

Our estimator went to the property on the scheduled date to look at the retaining wall and provide an estimate for its repair. The property owner (your mother) told us that because of the way it would need to be fixed, she did not want to have it done. Our estimators can not normally be reached in-office, as they are out in the community during the day serving our customers' needs. However, our estimator did try to reach you twice via phone and left voicemails. We apologize for this apparent breakdown in communication all around and hope to serve you in the future.

02/13/2014

Clifford S.

This is one of the best experiences I've had with a contractor, whenever you pull the ceiling you don't know what problems you'll find on the other side. Rodent droppings and tunnels throughout the insulation were found, called Orkin for the rodents but repairing insulation was no problem, finding leaks coming from other than where we expected to find them, was no problem. Nothing was ever a problem and the final total was the same one we started with. The crew was extremely professional, extremely talented, and, like I said, never encountered a problem they couldn't handle. This entire project went very well. When Snow Storm Pax hit the crew was delayed but the office called and let me know they were merely delayed and would be arriving. In the end it was finished a day early. I couldn't be happier and will certainly have them back.

Description of Work
To fix plumbing leaks in ceiling above garage, had to drop ceiling, repair plumbing leaks, then replace ceiling

Category plumbing

12/26/2013

Anna B.

My cousin contacted them by phone but she did not use them as they were too high.

Description of Work
They did not do nothing.

Category handyman service, roofing

Thank you for sharing your cousin's experience with us. We at The Honey Do Service, Inc. pride ourselves on our professional quality workmanship. It’s unfortunate that our price was not within your cousin's budget, but we hope to be of service in the future.

12/26/2013

William T.

Horrible first contact experience. Unethical disguised charge! The Abingdon Office responded within 1 hour to my phone request for service. After setting up an appointment they told me the "estimate is free", but there is a $35 "fuel charge." I cancelled the appointment. The Abingdon Office is 16 miles from my house, $35 for a 16 mile (32 miles round trip) is NOT a "fuel charge" (maybe $6 to $10, but not $35; although I would not agree to ANY amount for an estimate from any contractor.) This was, to me, clearly a CHARGE for the "free" estimate. Unethical! I will never contact Honey Do Service again for anything and could never recommend them. Their unethical practice just cost them many hundreds, perhaps thousands, of dollars in revenue.

Description of Work
The Abingdon office returned my email request for an estimate within 1 hour and offered a "free estimate." But, she stated, there is a "$35 Fuel charge"! Hmmm...not really a free estimate! Their office is 16 miles from my house! I view this as a disguised, and unethical, charge for an estimate. I will never call Honey Do Service again.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. For customers located in Abingdon, Bristol, Bluff City, and Blountville, there is no fuel charge. However, in order to prevent our fuel expenses from affecting the cost of our services provided, it's our policy to charge a fuel surcharge to travel outside of those areas for estimates. We apologize that it wasn't agreeable to you, but it isn't a disguised charge - we clearly inform the customer before-hand and it is their choice, as it was yours, whether or not to schedule an estimate. Again, thank you, and we'll take your feedback into consideration.