Crenshaw Landscaping

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2006

6-time Super Service Award winner | Est. 1989 | Owned & Operated by Chris Crenshaw | We take our customers' satisfaction and our reputation seriously. Check out our many reviews over the years on why Crenshaw Landscaping will provide you with the best landscaping service in Nashville. We are often booked out during the Spring (March - May) and are usually immediately available in the Summer and Fall for your project. If you are planning a Spring project, please contact us as soon as possible to see if we can help you in your desired time frame....

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+17 more images

hardscaping202037215
Removed old brick patio and replaced with a Belgard Catalina paver in Savannah color with Holland brick soldier course border in grey 360sf
Patio -Catalina Savannah  project

hardscaping

202037215
Patio & pergola & lighting  project
Patio & pergola & lighting

lawn & landscaping

202037215

lawn & landscaping (179)hardscaping (63)mulch delivering (33)Patios (28)stone & gravel (15)drain pipe installation (14)landscape lighting (12)lighting (5)outdoor kitchens (4)fountains (6)irrigation system (5)lawn treatment (4)

03/18/2022

Kelly T.

Bought a house in Brentwood with a large, sloping backyard. My husband and I wanted to find someone to terrace it out so our 2 girls would have a place to play and I could have a garden again. I found Chris when another highly recommended contractor told me he wouldn't break ground on a "small" job like ours for over a year. At the time I felt dejected, we have had terrible luck and experiences with GCs in the past, but it ended up being a true blessing in disguise. Not only is Chris Crenshaw a fantastic landscaper and contractor, he is one of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with. I only wish we had more work for him to do because we genuinely enjoy having him around. Heck, I tried to talk him into doing our bathroom and kitchen remodel, but he said he "knows better than to do that." Yeah, can't blame him there. The work he did was superb. He took the time and the steps necessary to do it right. The end result is both beautiful and of the highest quality. He was timely, honest, fair, hard working, personable, and incredibly knowledgeable. He took time out of his work to advise me on setting up the garden, to hang the most epic rope swing for my girls, and to educate my husband on chainsaws and brush management for the rest of the property. I cannot understate this: He is simply amazing.

Description of Work
terraced backyard + garden walls + sod + drainage

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

10/03/2021

Sue N.

We were very pleased with Crenshaw landscaping. Chris listened to what we wanted, gave us ideas, was flexible and above all positive. Compared to another I was working with, he was easy to communicate with. The work was quality and we learned so much about the trees and plants. His price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Landscaping of backyard- trees, shrubs, irrigation

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 10/03/2021

10/03/2021

mark N.

Excellent, we looked at many landscapers and Chris as highly recommending and he was fantastic. He knows his stuff, very kind, educates as he landscapes, and we are very happy with our landscaping in our house in Hillsboro Village area.

Description of Work
Chris landscaped our entire backyard including building flower beds and choosing plants.

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

04/14/2021

William S.

Chris was responsive, professional, and extremely helpful. We would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Description of Work
Landscaping Services

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, lighting, mulch, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 04/02/2021

03/05/2021

Julie N.

Beautifully!! Chris and his crew are top notch. The quality of his work is incredibly high and the outcome is beautiful. We had a 70' retaining wall built for our pool with landscape lighting and it is prettier than the pool! The work area is clean, he is a great communicator and you get value for your $ spent. On top of doing quality work, he and his crew are just a pleasure to work with. We look forward to our next project with Chris and his team!

Description of Work
Pool retaining wall, landscaping lighting

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

Thank you for the great review. It summarizes the quality of work and professionalism we work hard to provide to our clients. Chris Crenshaw

12/20/2020

John G.

Mr. Crenshaw and his crew were outstanding. They did quality work installing new patio and pergola and did so on time and at reasonable price. Chris answered my enquiry, gave timely estimate, discussed options and did a great job. Would hire again anytime.

Description of Work
Remodel yard.install patio, pergola, shrubs

Category fencing, outdoor lighting, patios

Work Completed On 12/19/2020

07/13/2020

David C.

Chris came out to look at the work and was initially very responsive. He was supposed to send over an itemized quote for the various work...that was 2 weeks ago and it's been radio silence. Called him twice. When I finally caught him, I asked about if he was going to send a quote and he said "no, not at this time". Thanks for wasting my time and being unprofessional. If you're not interested in the work, fine just say so when you come to look at the job. Don't ghost someone and then not apologize.

Description of Work
Tree trimming, drainage fix, pavers and landscape lighting

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Your project did not fit with the work we do and I let you know that before I left that I didnt feel we were the best fit for your projects.. Your holly trees were 2 stories tall and too tall for us to trim safely. I did not have a solution for your patio and drive all draining into one area in your yard that had no outlet. I gave you a price on site for trouble shooting your lighting where the recent tree work damaged the wires and you indicated my price was more than you thought the project was worth. You also indicated you had 3 other bids for the work. As far as time goes I invested 30 minutes each way to come visit your site and 1 hr of my time at the site visit. You didnt offer to compensate me for my 2 hrs of wasted time. As a contractor and owner of the company I try to screen projects for fit before I invest the time for a site visit and try to be up front with potential clients about our capabilities and limitations but it is all based on the information offered in the initial conversation. The better you can describe your situation and projects to me the better I can determine weather a site visit would be a waste of either of our time. I am sorry you didnt get a 4th bid on the work from my company as soon as you would have liked. Chris Crenshaw .

06/08/2020

Debbie C.

Appreciated Chris’ input. Valued his recommendations.

Description of Work
Evaluation of current pine straw project.

Category mulch, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

05/29/2020

Debbie C.

Awesome response time- same day service- reasonable pricing.

Description of Work
Back yard maintenance

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Thanks for the good words. We are always on the lookout for ways to save the client money weather it is through efficient work or out of the box thinking to solve landscape and budget issues. Chris Crenshaw

05/28/2020

Rick B.

Chris and the entire team did an absolutely great job. They were competitively priced and very knowledgable. Once selected, Chris kept in continuous contact about the schedule as they were fighting the rain. The wall removal and construction went well. They were very thorough about the construction and the proper approach to stepping down a sloping site. The wall is beautiful and better that I expected. Simply, they did a great construction job. They were so good that I have hired them to do more landscaping on my yard. Would rehire in a minute!

Description of Work
Replace an old retaining wall

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

Thanks for the good words. We strive to to do an great job every time despite obstacles. We love doing retaining wall jobs, the result is always satisfying . Thanks for the additional landscaping work to complete the area. Chris Crenshaw

02/17/2020

Erica M.

Chris answered all of my (many) questions before, during, and after he completed the work. He (and his team) came out exactly when they said they would and while only one of his solutions was approved by our association, while here, he took what extra "materials" he had and did part of the extra work for us. He certainly went above and beyond when the association wasn't willing to pay for the WHOLE job. He installed a drain pipe with holes and covered it in gravel to let in water that would drain away from the house and out into the yard. They used the excavated extra dirt to raise our stepping stones about 1 " and reinstalled reinstalled them with small paths between to let water get to the drain and eliminate them flooding. He also added dirt between the steps and A/C unit and between the A/C unit and adjacent building corner to further help with keeping water out of our basement.

Description of Work
Our house is at the bottom of a hill and we were collecting water from neighboring homes bringing water toward our home. We were getting water in our underground finished basement when it rained and weren't exactly sure of HOW to fix the problem due to our location. Our stepping stones and overall area were also flooding with every rainfall. Chris came out to evaluate the situation and determined what was best to solve the problem. He came up with a two-pronged solution that he felt would best keep our basement dry while taking care of the flooding as well.

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

08/31/2019

Andrew K.

Chris was incredible...he reached out and showed up when he said he would. His price was extremely competitive and after a long series of other contractors not showing up or giving mediocre results he was amazing. We had a few follow up issues that I asked him to come back and do and he knocked them out in short order. I can't recommend him highly enough...definitely an A+ rating.

Description of Work
Backyard drainage and landscaping

Category landscaping, mulch, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

Thanks for the review. We work hard to do what we say we are going to do in a timely manor for all of our clients . We appreciate the opportunity to do this work for you. Chris Crenshaw

08/01/2019

Gabriel C.

Chris (as usual) was very punctual, professional and understood my needs. I had Chris perform work before on the other side of my patio, and I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again!

Description of Work
Replace rotting section of deck with stone

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

Review for Crenshaw Landscaping - 661 Hill Road, Brentwood, TN - 38018843

Thanks for the review. We try to provide the best service possible for every need in a timely mannor. Chris Crenshaw ]

06/15/2019

Dave D.

Chris and his team were great. They were always on-time and were very responsive. The area where we put the patio had some challenges. It was sloped, rocky and adjacent to our wooden deck. We also wanted a surround for a sunken hot tub. We had a general idea of what we wanted, but Chris made some great suggestions and the final design turned out perfect. He definitely knows his stuff and we will definitely use him again for our next project.

Description of Work
Chris designed and installed a beautiful 900+ square foot paver patio, a seat wall, a surround for our sunken hot tub and a 50+ foot long walkway.

Category hardscaping, patios

05/21/2019

Jonathan S.

Work was completed in a timely fashion. Chris was easy to communicate with via email and responded to all of my questions. Looks great!

Description of Work
Mulching around the house, repair/staking of tree that was leaning

Category mulch

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

05/10/2019

tony T.

I asked Mr. Crenshaw about pining the edge of the sod that is on an incline in order to keep the rain from rolling it back and also getting underneath the sod, keeping it from adhering. He said if that happened he would come back and pin it. As you can see in the photograph, that's exactly what happened. I did not call Mr. Crenshaw to come back

Description of Work
sod installation

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

Review for Crenshaw Landscaping - 661 Hill Road, Brentwood, TN - 37868646

We would have been glad to come back and repair the sod. From the picture you submitted it looked like a small corner of one piece of sod. It also looked like it could have been pushed up by a mole in the yard. If if was a mole then us could use the Taliprid brand of Mole bait worms or their scissor type traps to get rid of the moles. We always want out customers to be happy with the work we do and are glad to offer solutions or fix problem areas. Chris Crenshaw Owner Crenshaw Landscaping

04/08/2019

Anne B.

They were fabulous. Got to our project one week after initial estimate and completed work in a week. All of the crew were very pleasant and professional. Chris even came on Saturday to finish up and on Sunday to check that the work was satisfactory. Plantings around new patio and walkway are great with good advice of selections. We are very pleased and would definately use them again if need arises.

Description of Work
Paver patio, walkway, and outdoor grill station plus landscaping

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 03/25/2019

03/07/2019

Joy W.

Chris Crenshaw and his team tripled the size of our existing patio. He was very professional from initial meeting to completion, always keeping me well informed. His team had all of the necessary equipment to do the job well and quickly. Chris is very knowledgeable about drainage and landscaping, giving us excellent advice and service. The completed project looks beautiful!

Description of Work
Paver patio

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 03/07/2019

01/23/2019

Walt M.

Everything went fine. Chris made suggestions on how to approach the drainage issue and came up with a workable solution.

Description of Work
Used landscaping rocks to line a run-off area and provided 9 laurels for front of house landscape.

Work Completed On 01/23/2019

12/10/2018

Daniel D.

They came and laid out a patio and walkway in our backyard. Very professional, with all of the professional equipment. Chris Chrenshaw is very knowledgeable about plants and landscaping. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Patio and walkway

Category landscaping, patios

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

11/12/2018

Michael G.

They contacted me once via Angie's List email and said they would get back to me and never did.

Description of Work
Landscaping Job

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am confused about your review. When we talked on the phone in late October I informed you that we were working on a big project across town and that I wouldnt be able to meet with you util the first week in December. I called and left you a voice message on your phone Dec 3rd requesting a meeting time to look at your project and received no response from you. I also attempted to contact you via email and Angies list message board with no response. It appears that you had forgotten about my indicated time constraint. I would be happy to schedule a time to look at your project if you still have a need. Chris Crenshaw Owner Crenshaw Landscaping

08/30/2018

Dale B.

postponing the project for a later date

Description of Work
stone creek bed

Category hardscaping