Brentwood PC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since January 2008

Brentwood PC specializes in desktop and laptop repairs with a rapid turn around time. We also provide home network support & maintenance, spyware/virus/rootkit/malware cleanups, data transfers, data recovery services, advanced pc troubleshooting, upgrades, onsite services and pickup/delivery, and

computer repair (45)

06/26/2017

Caitlin W.

Mr. Hinton showed up on time and did everything I needed in four hours. He set up a connection so that, if I have a problem, I can call him, describe the situation and have him repair it remotely.

Description of Work
Set up both my desktop and laptop computers. Install software and connect to wifi. Set up printer/scanner/copier/fax machine.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

03/20/2017

Michael C.

Job was completed quickly and efficiently without any problems. I was charged only for the labor performed.

Description of Work
Get my Desktop PC back up and running

Work Completed On 02/14/2017

03/06/2016

Lee M.

Keith came to the house and took my dead Windows PC back to his place for diagnosis. The motherboard was bad, so he recommended I get a new PC. He made two recommendations, and I ordered one of them online. He came to the house again to pick up the new PC and returned yet again with all files transferred. He also helped solve speed issues regarding my Internet service and configured by Smart TV to pick up the Internet signal. Best of all, he took the time to orient me to all of this and even troubleshot a problem remotely after leaving my place.

Description of Work
Installed Windows 7 and transferred all data files to a new PC.

Work Completed On 03/03/2016

12/16/2015

S. Todd C.

Incredible service--Keith exceeded expectations. He responded to my call promptly. He came to get the computer and extracted the data from the hard drive. He made another trip to get our external hard drive so that he could transfer the data to it and made yet another trip to deliver all of the hardware and recovered files back to us--all with a friendly and calm demeanor. I could not ask for better service than Keith provided.

Description of Work
Recovered data from a computer with a failing hard drive.

Work Completed On 12/16/2015

09/04/2015

David G.

great. very easy to work with and friendly

Description of Work
Fixed wifi network, moved files to new p.c. and set up software.

Work Completed On 09/02/2015

08/30/2015

Wallace W.

Perfect. Keith is totally honest and a pleasure to work with. He has done several previous jobs on my PCs and always comes through efficiently and quickly.

Description of Work
Installed flight simulator in old PC, cleaned up virus, installed new protection software.

Work Completed On 08/25/2015

08/24/2015

Jeff M.

After a total disaster of trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my display just flashed at me and would do nothing else. The invitation to upgrade from Microsoft said my computer was fully compatible with the upgrade which turned out to be total BS. Since Keith mostly works from his home I met Keith at an agreed location to hand over my computer tower and backup hard drive. Keith had my tower fixed the following day. He restored the computer back to Windows 7 and did some general software maintenance. He also explained what may have happened and said the same thing is going to happen to many others because Microsoft is doing this release before enough testing is done. Keith also feels there are serious privacy issues with the Windows 10 operating system. Everything is working great now.

Description of Work
Restored my tower computer to an earlier version operating system.

Work Completed On 08/20/2015

07/01/2015

Patricia M.

Keith Hinson was incredible to work with. He promptly responded to my request for service and returned my PC within 1 business day. Upon returning the PC, Mr. Hinson explained all he had done and provided guidance on how to maintain my PC in the future. I highly recommend Brentwood PC for all of your computer needs.

Description of Work
Cleaned up home PC, installed improved protection programs, provided instruction on how to maintain computer

Work Completed On 06/30/2015

02/19/2015

William C.

I have used Keith for years for my laptop work. He even advised me on the last one to purchase, which gave me a great laptop at a budget price. My daughter's Toshiba laptop would barely turn on and then "lock up." I called Keith, he picked up the laptop the next morning, and removed conflicting virus programs, removed a great deal of malware, put great virus protection on the computer as well as fully updating all software and drivers. The laptop was returned within 24 hours. You just cannot beat Keith's services, prices, or his kindness!

Description of Work
"De-bugged" my daughter's laptop that she thought needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 02/04/2015

01/17/2015

Renee B.

My computer went black and I could not get anything work. I looked on Angieslist and saw several good reviews and Brentwood is not very far from my home so I called. Had to leave a voice message as it was in the evening and Keith called me back the next morning. I explained what had happened and the brand of laptop I had, he told me what he thought it was and we made an appointment for him to come to my home and check it out. He brought a new power cord with him as he thought this was the issue and he was correct. Plugged in the new cord and I could hear the computer starting to work. Haven't had an issue since.

Description of Work
Brought my laptop back to life.

Work Completed On 11/24/2014

11/08/2014

Jane Z.

Google Chrome crashed on my computer. Called Brentwood PC and Keith came to the house within 1/2 hour to pick up my computer. He returned it the next the next business day. He provided professional service and discussed the condition of my computer and how long it would be before I might consider a new one. My computer is working well but will definitely talk to Keith before purchasing a new computer when the time comes. Highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Overall clean up of my computer.

Work Completed On 11/03/2014

07/21/2014

Geraldine M.

Terrific. I have used Brentwood PC on several occasions over the last year for help with purchasing new computers and setting them up and repairs on existing machines. Keith is wonderful. Very responsive, prompt, knowledgable, and very reasonable prices. Recommend highly for any PC computer work.

Description of Work
Remoted into my computer to repair boot problem and network function.

Work Completed On 07/20/2014

05/19/2014

Karen G.

Great. Keith answered my call promptly and we arranged for him to work on my computer. He fixed the problem and got my computer back to me promptly.

Description of Work
I had a major computer crash and thought my hard drive was wrecked. Keith diagnosed the problem and cleaned things up and got the computer working in short amount of time. I was very pleased and relieved to get his expertise.

Work Completed On 05/02/2014

03/03/2014

Scott R.

Very happy - went above and beyond to give mee all the capabilities I needed.

Description of Work
Restored computer to better than original function

Work Completed On 02/19/2014

02/12/2014

Mary G.

Advised me on specs for my needs on a new PC, and then moved all of my information from the old PC to the new one and set up the new one just like the old one. (This was all completed in 2 days. It would have been one but I had to go and buy a new PC). In addition, this is the second time I have used Keith at Brentwood PC because I was so happy with him the last time.

Description of Work
Diagnosed crashed laptop, determined I should put money toward a new PC since this one was old and would have cost abour $350.00 to fix (motherboard).

Work Completed On 02/04/2014

01/16/2014

Ken Y.

Keith answers his phone about 9am. Responds to email. Is flexible on drop off and pick up. My computer would not turn on. It made the dreaded monotone sound. It is a common problem. But there are myriad reasons for the problem. This is one of those problems (like a car problem) where a bad technician could just start replacing parts until the bumps into the real problem. A real pro knows how to find the problem, and then and only then, fixes it. That is Keith. I wanted an individual who works on PCs for a living. Who has years of experience in PC repair and building. I did not want a storefront where a revolving door of ill-trained technicians, like a best buy. Keith asked the right questions. He described in an almost clinical way how he would proceed. What he would look at first, what he would look at next, what he would do when he found a problem. It is obvious this guy knows exactly what he is doing, and is doing things in best practice format. He found my problem as a piece of defective RAM. He gave me a couple of options. One was to replace all of the RAM with matching new RAM. He had the parts on hand, so I acted on his recommendation. I could have just pulled the bad ram, and moved on. I asked if there was a smarter way, and he made the recommendation. He also ran a full diagnostic on my hardware, and installed a better anti-virus. All this at a very fair price. What could have happened? I could have gone to Best Buy and have a teenager rifle through my system using the diagnostic algorithm provided to him/her by the sales staff. I could have gone to a strip center repair business and dealt with a crook. Don't risk it. Go to Keith. Not only do I recommend him, I am going to have him recommend, or build, a new PC for me.

Description of Work
He diagnosed my PC problem. He found the problem and fixed it. He restored my faith in humanity.

Work Completed On 01/14/2014

01/06/2014

Katrin B.

I am no computer techie and needed help with finding and reinstalling files, cleaning up files and deleting programs I didn't need. It went quickly and smoothly, allowed me to ask questions and works very well now, with the exception of a few minor issues which I attribute to Windows 7. Mr. Hinton also installed the new printer I needed, since my old one, still in excellent condition, didn't work with windows 7. Oh for Windows XP--why was it abandoned?!?

Description of Work
Keith Hinton helped me complete my transition to Windows 7.

Work Completed On 12/09/2013

12/15/2013

George H.

I have a desktop PC using VISTA, and a laptop using XP, both with Office 2003. Having learned that each of the operating systems and Office 2003 would no longer be supported by Microsoft in April 2014, I called Keith Hinton of Brentwood PC to discuss my options - upgrade each to Windows 7, 8 or 8.1? Upgrade to office 365 or Office 2013? Keith took the time to discuss my options, recommended several vendor sites to review available laptops with various operating systems, and discuss my findings after I had done some vendor research. | |When I purchased a new laptop, Keith set-up the new laptop, transferred my existing applications and files to the new laptop, and "cleaned up" my old laptop. Keith also worked on some home wireless network issues with which I had been struggling. | |Keith provided the consultation time/advice for free without any commitment required to use his services. When we agreed on using his services for the laptops/wireless network, he picked up and returned the laptops to my home, did everything on time and for the cost as we had discussed. | |I highly recmmend Brentwood PC and Keith Hinton.

Description of Work
I used Brentwood PC

Work Completed On 12/03/2013

11/23/2013

Lynn M.

Keith was punctual and very efficient. He helped me decide what equipment to buy before he arrived. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Set up my home network

Work Completed On 11/18/2013

10/31/2013

Teresa V.

I was very impressed with his knowledge, and how fast he found problems with my computer. He cleaned up the computer, was very nice and personal. If I have any more problems Keith will be the one to call.

Description of Work
My computer was messed up. He cleaned the computer up. It works much faster.

Work Completed On 10/17/2013

09/21/2013

Kirk M.

Always very helpful and went above an beyond to help me on several different times. Worked on two laptops for me and did some recovery work as well. Prices were more than fair and very fast service.

Description of Work
Replaced a laptop screen.

Work Completed On 09/19/2013

07/17/2013

Tina K.

I highly recommend Keith. He was professional, prompt and repaired my PC as requested. He made himself available after the repair for additional questions that I had. I will definately use him again.

Description of Work
Repaired PC.

Work Completed On 07/12/2013

06/25/2013

Katrin B.

The desktop runs on Windows XP, the laptop on Windows 8. Keith Hinton set up the laptop so that I could deal with email from the laptop and read newspapers and magazines on it. He also made it easier to locate and access the programs I wanted. I am completely satisfied with the work he did.

Description of Work
Install a router and set up the connection between my desktop computer and my new laptop.

Work Completed On 03/11/2013

05/09/2013

Jean C.

Prompt !!!!!!!!!!! What ever time this man tells you he will arrive and return you can believe him He quoted me prices and said he would call me if the work would be more than the 110 When he returned with my computer he spent time with me for all these questions I had As a senior with little computer experience I had lots of questions Very patient man I will use him again

Description of Work
Cleaned all the mess I had created on this pc