Ellendale Electric

Founded 1979 • With Angi since October 2011

Ellendale Electric has been an established and trusted name in the electrical industry for over 37 years.We proudly offer electrical services throughout Memphis, North Mississippi, East Arkansas and surrounding areas. We take pride in our knowledge, safety, quality of work, efficiency and dependability. These are only a few of the reasons you should consider us as your electrical contractor. ...

Mr. Handyman of Memphis

Welcome to Mr. Handyman of Memphis, where we serve as your one-stop shop for all handyman and home improvement services in Memphis. Whether you need the expertise of Memphis handyman professionals who can tackle commercial repairs for your business, or you simply need support for some of the handywork around the house you don’t have time for, we’ve got you covered.

Opach's A/C & Heating

With over 20 years of professional experience, we are your Heating & Air experts in the Memphis area. Contact us today for an estimate! Pre-cooling tune up for $54.99.

Choate's Air Conditioning Heating & Plumbing

Choate's Air Conditioning & Heating is a Christian, family owned and operated business, established in 1958. For over 60 years now, the Choate family has maintained its core values of being Honest, Fair and Trustworthy - to treat each job as if it were their own home. Three generations later, Choate's Air Conditioning & Heating is well known for being the best at what they do. You can count on our Trained & Certified professionals.

04/30/2018

Ann T.

The gentleman who came was on time, extremely professional, and very helpful! He actually advised that some work which I had questioned would be something that would not be necessary and gave me an alternative which was MUCH less expensive.

Description of Work
Several electrical outlets were not working at all

09/19/2017

Patti L.

At first, they said it would take a week to come. It was unbelievable. They were the one's that originally did the electrical in the house. Everything with them is an "A". They even made a big effort to get here just so that I could have electricity over the weekend.

Description of Work
I had water coming into the house and it started a fire in the wall. They came and fixed it. They just did the electrical.

08/14/2017

Jennifer H.

The person who came out was on time and pleasant but they need to be more detailed in their approach. I didn't get any specific estimate when the man came out. He immediately said we needed to replace all 4 attic fans. When he wrapped up the job I asked if he could give me an estimate. He told me it would be between $1100-1200, but I received a bill for over $1600. I still have issues with my fans and the light in my garage. I'm disappointed with my fans and the light with the ballast issue. But, I understand why the serviceman thought he had solved the problem. I asked for an itemized bill. But I haven't received one. He had to come out 3 times when the work was supposed to be done in one day. I don't think that the way they did business is an upfront way to do business. I called in to the office and spoke with someone. She told me that I had never requested an itemized bill previously. She said she would have someone call me back and have not received a call. I have used them for a long time, but I would not use them again based on the lack of response.

Description of Work
They replaced 4 attic fans. They fixed a GFI part on a fountain. They were supposed to get the wobble out of 2 ceiling fans. They were also supposed to replace the ballast in a light fixture in my garage. My husband told him that there was likely an issue with the ballast. He, instead replaced the light bulbs and everything worked. After he left, the lights stopped working again.

08/07/2017

STACY G.

They are very good. They were available, punctual and did the job. They explained everything they did. Good first impression. They were conscientious. They check everything before they installed it.

Description of Work
They installed a ceiling fan.

07/06/2017

Sarah M.

They are excellent. There is an young man that works with Ellendale that is phenomenal. His name is Tony Pendegrass.

03/13/2017

Rodney B.

Fast, friendly and efficient - it was a very challenging project and Keith did a great job!

Description of Work
Upgraded electrical service from one 100 amp buss fuse box to two 200 amp breaker boxes to accommodate new electrical loads.

11/09/2016

Markus R.

* I've used this company before and have been satisfied. However, after this experience, I'm going to search for another electrician. * I called them and scheduled an appointment for a day I was taking off work. No one showed up. * I followed up on the missed appt. The lady asked around the office to see if anyone remembered setting up the appointment. I'm not sure how this was relevant. Instead, she should have said "I'm really sorry that happened. I'd be happy to set up another appointment for you." Instead, I practically had to coach her to set up a new appointment. * Since I couldn't take off from work again, I scheduled an appointment when another adult could be present. * She set up the new appointment and pulled up the previous work order where the technician wrote the quote and read out loud over the phone "Install 2 motion lights. All parts furnished by Ellendale Electric." * On the day of the appointment, the technician called at 8:02 AM and said he would arrive in 30 minutes. He didn't show up until 9. * Upon arrival, the technician phoned me to ask where the light assemblies were that were to be installed. I informed him that Ellendale Electric was supposed to furnish them per the written quote (which was read by the lady when she set up the appointment). He had to have someone from his company send them out. * The bill was paid in cash (which was noted at the time the appointment was booked as well as on the service order), and required $5 change. The person covering the appointment for me said the technician made a really big deal of having to make change, making her feel bad for expecting change.

Description of Work
Install two outdoor motion sensor lights.

Category electrician,lighting

08/24/2016

Chris S.

The cost was probably $165. I had something else done at that time. The price is a B because they are a union shop. They are the best place in the whole city here in Memphis Tennessee.

Description of Work
I used Ellendale Electric. They were trouble shooting an electrical problem in my house. I had the kitchen remodeled in 2014 and in 2015, we had an outlet done under the sink that services the garbage disposal.

01/05/2016

michael G.

Very badly. They will lie to you over the phone. When they have enough business, you don't matter!

Description of Work
Came out to give an estimate for installing generator transfer switches for a whole house generator. This was 2 months ago. I have called over 100 times. All I get is a run around. They will not give me a quote. They will not answer questions. This is the worst company ever. Do not use them.

11/28/2015

Sam T.

Professional and quality work. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Ductwork was redone in media room

Category electrician

Residential & Commerical Electrical, Landscape Lighting, Fire & CO Alarms, Home Automation, Security Systems, Central Vacuums, Data & Phone Cabling

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express