DG Builders LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2011

128 S Main St

Travelers Rest, SC 29690

David Gerisch started this business as a young adult, directly after high school and has worked intentionally to build a business with integrity and create a trustworthy reputation. We have combined our service and products with our reputation to create relationships with our clients in which they

10/06/2021

Paul G.

David and his team did an excellent job rebuilding our two decks. His employees were very courteous and they were respectful of the property. David is easy to work with. I would recommend them for your next project.

Description of Work
New decks and new roof under upper deck.

Category decks, roofing

02/11/2021

Chris M.

David and his team did a fantastic job on our deck replacement. This was a very large project, approximately 1400 sq.ft., and the project was handled with great care and completed in a timely manner. I was more than impressed with the finished product and the responsiveness of the team at DG when I had any questions or concerns. Their services get my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Deck replacement.

Category decks, fireplaces

01/09/2021

Troy B.

I will always turn to DG Builders for all of my home improvement and building needs. The owner is involved throughout the process and ensures you understand and are happy with the quality of work.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category roofing, fireplaces

10/27/2020

Rosalee M.

David and his crew were wonderful to work with! They were professional and responsive to all our requests as the project unfolded and I found myself wanting to tweak the initial design in certain areas. I truly felt like their ultimate goal was to make sure I was happy with every step along the way. The icing on the cake was getting to work with Carrie- she is professional, thoughtful, knowledgeable, AND brought us cookies! Although David was not the lowest possible bid, he was close and he worked with us to trim areas so that we could fit it into our budget and still get the backyard we dreamed of. I would definitely recommend DG Builders to anyone wanting to start a project like this!!

Description of Work
Screened in porch, deck, and stone patio/firepit

Category decks, remodeling, garage builders, home remodeling, sunrooms, stamped concrete, patios

08/02/2020

Charlene B.

We are super pleased with the results. David and his team kept us looped in through a team text every step of the way. We would use DG Builders again and certainly suggest them to anyone.

Description of Work
Great room addition 500 sq ft. Remodel laundry room breezeway. Concrete patio. Charleston fence back yard. Tree removal and excavated/leveled yard.

Category drywall, electrician, excavators, fencing, flooring contractor, gutter repair, hardwood floor, lighting, roofing, siding, tree service, replacement windows, pressure washing, fireplaces, home builders, woodworking, drain pipe, ceiling fans, interior painters, doors, stamped concrete

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]!! It was a pleasure working with you guys! Let us know if we can do anything for you in the future!

07/21/2020

Donald W.

Very disappointed with this company. When I first went on Angies list to look for contractors, I submitted a request for a quote from DG Builders. It was over the weekend but first thing on Monday morning, I received a call and I discussed what we were looking for with a very sweet young lady named Caroline. She was very helpful and asked for a lot of information about our project, I sent pictures and measurements of the project as she requested. She confirmed she received everything she needed and they would work on the quote and get back to us. After a few days, I reached out to her to see how long it would take to get a quote since I didn't ask when I first talked to her. That same morning, I got a call from Carrie, one of the owners and she left me a message that she had a couple questions but also had some numbers for us, she said she would be available for the next hour or so but they were actually on vacation that week but I could give her a call back which I did. I got her voicemail and left a message, got no response, I then texted her and got no response. I called back and left another message that she could just call me when they were back from vacation the following week. Why would she tell me it was ok to call her and then stop all communication? The following week I called and text, left messages and the ONLY response I got back was: Hi, we will get back to you shortly and NEVER heard from anyone again! I thought it was a little quirky that I had to send all kinds of information and pictures to them for an "initial" quote and if we liked the quote they gave, they would come out and do measurements and do a more thorough quote. To me, this is a terrible way to run a business. I will give all kinds of praise to Caroline as she was very sweet and helpful and I really felt like I would be getting some help with our project but I would never recommend this company to anyone. Such a disappointment!

Description of Work
deck, pergola and outside stairs

Category decks, garage builders

07/03/2020

Caitlin D.

I cannot thank and recommend DG Builders and their team enough for my beautiful new backyard patio! On June 17th I told them that my goal was to have it done by June 24th for a girl’s weekend at my house (which I knew was probably an impossible request and not going to happen). I’m not sure how, but they managed to get it all done - literally JUST in time!!! On top of getting having the patio beautifully completed in a quick 3 days.. I was surprised with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of Prosecco to help us celebrate our girl’s weekend! 🌸🍓🍾 So kind of you all! THANK YOU! 👏🏼🤗👏🏼

Description of Work
Stamp Concrete Patio

Category concrete repair, garage builders, home builders, stamped concrete, patios, outdoor kitchens

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! We loved working with you and bringing you all the goodies! We hope you enjoy your patio!

07/01/2020

Chris A.

D&G Builders just finished a deck with a screened-in porch for me. It is absolutely incredible and the entire experience with D&G exceeded our expectations. The deck was built with quality materials and put together with excellent workmanship. The crew is hard working and highly skilled. They were even kind enough to include my 6-year-old son in on a few small projects so he felt like he was a part of the crew. Outside of the crew David was also very professional, knows exactly what he is doing, and his communication was on point throughout the entire build. I cannot recommend D&G builders highly enough.

Description of Work
large deck built with screened in porch

Category decks, garage builders

Thank you so much for your kind words [Member Name Removed]!! So enjoyed working with you guys and we hope we will get the privilege of doing it again in the future!

06/01/2020

Susan M.

I would recommend them, and I was very pleased.

Description of Work
He was obviously knowledgeable , cleaned up after, they were nice folks

Category home builders

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!! We appreciate you!

05/19/2020

Donna E.

We could not have been more pleased--every item is spectacular, and we've already gotten compliments from our neighbors on how beautiful every aspect of the project came out. We cannot believe it ourselves! It looks like something out of a magazine, it's so lovely! The crews to demolish the old structures, pour the new concrete on the existing pad, and create the new patio, stamp and color the new concrete, then build the pergola and privacy wall were so fast and efficient, we were in awe. The guys were friendly and cheerful, and the project was done in about a week (we still have an outdoor ceiling fan to be installed, but that's minor). It was a pleasure to work with them-Chris the foreman, was just wonderful, and had some great ideas, and the Mexican construction crews were incredible (plus we got to listen to some awesome music while they worked!)--I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Tear down existing screened porch, and rebuild a new one, pouring a new porch and two patios. The concrete was stamped and sprinkled with an accent color, then sealed. Build a pergola and a privacy wall.

Category concrete repair, garage builders, woodworking, sunrooms, stamped concrete, patios

Hi [Member Name Removed]!! Thank you for leaving us a review!! It was so great getting to work with you and we are so glad that you enjoyed our team so much! Let us know if you have any other building needs in the future! Thanks again!

03/25/2020

Yvette S.

DG Builders came to us highly recommended, and we have had nothing but positive relations with them. The porch is beautiful, and the crews all worked very hard, especially well into the night when the new concrete pad was poured and heavy rain was expected. They actually worked very hard through a very wet winter, not just one night, to give us a porch beyond what we had dreamed of. We highly recommend DG Builders

Description of Work
We wanted to screen in our porch, which also required adding to the footprint of the porch

Category concrete repair, decks, electrician, lighting, woodworking, ceiling fans, sunrooms, patios

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind words! We loved working with you guys and getting to know you! It makes us so happy that we could be a part of helping make this dream come true and we hope that you guys enjoy your new porch!! Thanks again!

03/03/2020

Sherry B.

DG was excellent!! David worked with us to come up with the best options for the look we wanted. His team was knowledgeable and communicated well any time we had questions. Everyone was very detail oriented and I felt like they wanted the work to look good, not just for us, but as a reflection on their team as well. They were always concerned about doing things right. I highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Back deck rebuilt with trex composite, side and front porch railings and posts replaced.

Category decks

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words!! We really appreciate you and we absolutely loved working with you! Enjoy your new deck!!

02/26/2020

Gary K.

We had an amazing experience with DG Builders, David and his crew. We have had mediocre/bad experiences in the past with contractors so we were looking for someone new and DG was recommended by someone we trust. From the initial meeting with David I could feel a difference from past experiences. We had our deck demolished and replaced with a new Trex deck and screened-in porch. David was great and offering suggestions, as well as listening to our concerns and budget needs. Throughout the process as concerns or issues came up we talked through them with David and his crew. We are very pleased with the finished product and planning to use DG for our next project. We have also had a few neighbors ask for DG Builder's # for their own projects. Highly recommend David and his crew.

Description of Work
Demolish wood deck and build new Trex deck and screened-in porch

Category decks

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your review! Our crew loved working with you and we are so excited that you love your new deck and screened in porch! We'd love to work with you again!

02/01/2020

joshua S.

DG builders did a fantastic job. They finished on time and on budget. They answered all questions and addressed any concerns. I would certainly and do intend to hire them again in the future

Description of Work
Deck removal and rebuild

Category decks, gutter repair, siding, ceiling fans

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!! We appreciate this and you so much! We hope that you enjoy it!

12/29/2019

Rick C.

What a joy it was to work with David and his crews. We didn't have much experience working with contractors and our previous experiences were not good ones. David was attentive to what we were looking for and the constraints we had. He was quick to offer suggestions and readily spoke up when we were asking to do something that would have been a mistake. The materials and workmanship were top of the line and no request was taken lightly. David and his team were quick to respond whenever we had concerns and made sure that we were comfortable with what was going on. The pricing was fair and reasonable and David was quite willing to help trim some cost to keep us on budget. The thing that leaves me with the best impression is the care that was taken to make sure that we were happy with what was done. This is a testimony to service that DG Builders provides and the way the business operates. David and his team have raised the bar for what contractors should be doing. We are looking forward to getting a lot of use out of our deck and will be looking to use DG Builders for future projects. I encourage you to do the same.

Description of Work
Deck with Screened Porch

12/17/2019

Sylvia R.

G Builders just completed our project. We are so very pleased with every aspect of the project. Communication is very important and David, Carrie and the rest of the team were great in answering any of our concerns. The workmanship and the crew were wonderful! I was pleasantly surprised that there was no mess after a job completion! David Gerisch, will be the person we will call for all our future projects. If you are indecisive, rest assure he is the guy to call..Thank you, so much! December 9

Description of Work
An enclosed patio

Category decks, electrician, gutter repair, lighting, siding, woodworking, ceiling fans, doors, patios

12/16/2019

Matt R.

Our family was tremendously fortunate to use DG Builders. Having a home that frequently hosts large groups of people without the space to do so, the added deck they put on our home was such a rich blessing. They communicated clearly, worked hard, made sure we were pleased and went the extra mile to excel. Not to mention the fact that the deck looks great!. Highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Building a porch on the back of our home

11/25/2019

alicia A.

DG Builders built us an amazing deck that we have fallen in love with!! They kept us informed the entire time, were always prompt to clean up their mess, and have made our deck dreams come true! Thank you David and your crew for being the best!!! A++

Description of Work
Screened Porch

11/25/2019

Gary Y.

Exactly as I was told it would go. They began on time and stayed after the job until the last detail was completed to our satisfaction. If you want honesty and you want to trust the people who are building this is who to go with. They became family to us during a two month project. The finished result is exactly what we wanted and people rave about how it turned out. The workers treated this build as if it was their own. I saw the care and precision each step of the way. I will have them do my next project as well but for now I will enjoy this!!

Description of Work
Build a 16x28ft covered Deck 15’ off the ground

Category decks, electrician, gutter repair, lighting, deck cleaning, ceiling fans, doors

11/19/2019

Robert A.

Never bothered to contact me after coming out. Gave me an on site verbal quote and never heard again even after contacting them again.

Description of Work
Patio Enclosure

Category decks

[Member Name Removed], You are correct: we did come to your home and take the time to offer you a free onsite consultation as well as provide you with a verbal quote. Since receiving your review, I was certain I had not missed a call or email from you that I did not return. I have personally done a thorough search through our phone records and email records, even calling verizon to double check for me. I can say for a certain fact that I have not made or received a call or email from you since our meeting in October. May i suggest that you search your records before leaving an unwarranted F review.

09/29/2019

Duane S.

Over all, it went great. David's crew installed my fence in 2 days. The deck project was slow to start because I selected a new type of Trex decking that very popular so it was hard to keep in stock. David was great abkut giving me updates about the status of the project and once the decking came in, his crew finished the project as fast as possible. The workmanship all aroubd was good quality and I highly recommend them for your project needs.

Description of Work
Needed to have a fence built and I wanted to have a deck built for my backyard.

Category decks, fencing

Thank you for your kind review Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We are working with Trex to get their products on site quicker, but we do appreciate your understanding. It was a pleasure working with you!

09/09/2019

Leslie V.

Fantastic. The transformation to our living room is remarkable! David and his crew were very professional, knowledgeable, polite and tidy in our home, and executed the work with great craftsmanship and attention to detail. David’s expertise while we were deciding what changes to make was critical, then he was in daily contact with his crew, made frequent home visits, and readily accessible to us after they started the job. His foreman (not sure this was his title), Chris, was very friendly, accessible and skilled to handle any concerns. I felt completely safe allowing them in our home when we were not there and having my daughter around them. Very nice crews - including the subcontractors like painters and electricians- all skilled and experienced at their work and we were happy to have them in our house (I assure you that I have not felt this way about many people we’ve hired over the years). We would work with DG Builders again for any future work!

Description of Work
New window and patio door installation

Category decks, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, doors, sunrooms

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We really appreciate your business and so thankful you found satisfactory in our work!

08/31/2019

C J.

Had a new privacy fence installed. They did a great job - even accounted for the minimal swale to allow proper water drainage which I had forgotten to tell them. The fence looks great, very professionally done! The only hiccup was actually getting the process started; it took several requests before it was actually started, but once it was, the outcome was worth the wait.

Description of Work
Install New Fence

Category fencing

We apologize for the delay in getting the project started but very excited you felt we were worth the wait! Keep us in mind for your next project (:

08/08/2019

Ronald W.

DG did a great job with not only a great Trex deck and grill deck but added a fence to make our back yard private and beautiful.

Description of Work
New Trex Deck

Category decks

We are so glad we could help with your new deck and provide the extra fence needed as the icing on the cake (:

07/14/2019

brandon P.

Called 5 or 6 weeks ago. They asked for pictures of my property. said they would get back to me the next week. I waited 2 weeks to msg them. When the responded I got a snarky comment about msging their personal phone. I stayed quiet and waited 2 more weeks. Till this day no quote. read their snarky msg to me below F+ Rating "As stated, this is my personal phone. BC we are out of the office this week I haven't been keeping up with messages here. but mid to late next week David will be able to sit down and crunch some numbers for you. I will contact you from our office line." As stated, this is my personal phone. BC we are out of the office this week I haven't been keeping up with messages here. but mid to late next week David will be able to sit down and crunch some numbers for you. I will contact you from our office line. 864-230-2613

Description of Work
asked for a quote to resurface front of my house

Category garage builders

This member contacted me on my personal phone on Friday, June 14, 2019. I explained to him that I was driving to the beach for our family summer vacation and had didn't actually mean to answer the call as i was using the GPS. I was very surprised it was an angie's list member and quickly explained to him: 1. it was my personal line; 2. i was unsure if we could assist with his type of project; and 3. that we would be out of the office for the following week. two days later, the AL member texted me again on my personal line asking for his quote that i still was unsure we could provide. my reply text to his question (as seen in his review) is simply me trying to re-inform him that my personal line was not going to be a good way to communicate about his project. to date, i am still unsure how he got my personal number. upon returning home from vacation, i went through our emails/calls/texts/messages and did my best to make sure all inquiries were responded to. unfortunately, i did not check my private phone for follow ups and did in fact fail to provide this member with further information. i apologize for letting his inquiry slip through the cracks.

Augusta Lawn Care of Greenville

We specialize in lawn maintenance and mowing services. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

We Are The Light

We Are The Light is the Carolinas trusted outdoor lighting company. Illuminating your home or office with outdoor LED lighting is one of the best ways to both enhance and secure your home or business. Each home and office is unique and so should the approach to enhance your property. With our no cost evaluation we will do a comprehensive review of your property while considering many aspects from hardscape and softscape lighting, architectural accents and of course security. Combined with state of the art low voltage LED fixtures and the depth of our lighting design team, we will elevate your property to a new place that will cause your property to come to life each and every evening.

Blast Pressure Washing

Quality pressure washing for a affordable price! House wash, concrete, deck, RV's, fences, etc We also do deck sealing

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

SC RHB 50616
    South Carolina
    Residential Home Builders
    06/30/2020
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

We are a full service residential construction company offering our clients a simple, smooth process while designing and building their custom deck, tailor-crafted screened porch or sun-room, as well as functional home additions and personally designed remodels. We also offer comprehensive home building from the ground up.

When asked by a client to build onto an existing structure, special care is taken during the design process. An example would be adding a roof onto an existing deck or patio. During our design phase, we will inspect the current structure to be sure the existing footings, framework, etc is up to code to be certain your family's safety and the longevity of the addition are both ensured.