Imperial Landscapes

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2013

2801 Wade Hampton Blvd

Taylors, SC 29687

We are a locally owned company, with one crew of employees dedicated solely to landscape design and install. We are not a grounds maintenance firm which allows us to spend as much time as needed on each project without having to rush off. Our crew has over 15 years experience in landscape installations....

lawn & landscaping (52)hardscaping (26)irrigation system (20)drain pipe installation (14)Patios (11)landscape lighting (8)mulch delivering (7)fountains (4)stone & gravel (4)lawn care (2)

09/21/2020

Michael and his team were by far one of the best lawn and landscaping services I have encountered. Work was consulted and done in an extremely professional way, with the worksite immaculately cleaned every evening. Would love to have them work with us again!

Description of Work
Irrigation, drainage, and hardscaping

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel,drain pipe,hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

07/01/2020

Was looking for a contractor to install a bubbling rock feature. After reading reviews on angies list about imperial I decided to inquire about specific services since the reviews were good. That turned out to be a huge mistake. Thankfully I did my due diligence and never hired this provider. The owner Michael would say he withdrew from consideration after I asked him a question about his fees. But in reality you don't hire someone before you get all your questions and we never got past the question and answer phase. I wanted to install a water feature in a rock. I had the rock and already had the hole drilled. What i needed was someone to dig a hole and create a basin with a pump to recirculate through the rock. I had asked what exactly is involved and talked through the details with Micheal the owner of imperial landscape over the phone for about 10 minutes. He never came out to the location to see the area he said he could send me a quote just by what we discussed over the phone in that 10 minute period. After he had some trouble email he sent me a quote and it was approx $3,375 to install a rock that was already on site and already had electrical run to the area. His company's part was going to be digging a hole and sending as he told me in a email a $100,000 truck to the site to dig a 2 foot deep hole and lift the rock. Again he never actually came by to see the actual property he just talked to me for 10 minutes on the phone. When i asked why the quote was 3375 , for example was it possibly the materials that were expensive basically i wanted a breakdown of the charges. The owner Micheal then emailed a rant back degrading the potential customer for asking such a question and stating that I had insulted him by asking a question of that nature and that he was withdrawing from consideration of the project. I am a homeowner of 30 plus years and have hired more than a few service providers of those 30 plus years. Micheal the owner of imperial landscapes was the most arrogant condescending service providers I have ever come across. I would stay way clear of this guy or at the very least be extremely cautious. Hire at your own risk. Let the buyer beware.

Description of Work
Water Feature Bubbling Rock

Category fountains

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

07/01/2020

Description of Work
Rock Water Feature.

Category drain pipe,fountains

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

02/22/2020

We are a house on a hill. We recently had some work done by another contractor that resulted in a drainage issue on the upper side of our home. Michael reviewed the area, listened to our description of the water intrusion into the crawl space, and provided a solution. He and his team installed a French drain against our home, with a sealant on the side of our crawl space and gravel in place. He also connected our downspouts and ran the drain to our backyard away from the house. The French drain is the last line of defense, prior to the surface water reaching it he created a swell down to a drain connected to the same drainage pipe. The whole area is topped off in river rock. They had to excavate, and install the new drainage, and river rock and included sod to help cover the muddy expanse we had. The area looks better than it ever has. Michael was communicative, timely, and trustworthy. We are highly pleased with the result, and his work saved our newly finished half basement. A couple weeks after it was installed we had a record rain (February 2020) and the drainage worked perfectly. No water intrusion in our crawl space. Michael did exactly what he said he’d do and we would use him again.

Description of Work
French drain installation, fixing a drainage issue

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel,drain pipe

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

Review for Imperial Landscapes - 2801 Wade Hampton Blvd, Taylors, SC - 38405142

02/03/2020

Communication before and throughout the process was very good. Crew was very good in terms of work ethic, manners and competency. Very pleased with the quality of the workmanship and the finished product. Would definitely use them again and recommend them.

Description of Work
Construct retaining wall; relocate irrigation lines; concrete slab to extend driveway; plant shrubs

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/23/2020

09/29/2019

Our project was managed extremely well. Michael is creative, detail oriented and a good communicator. He helped us design an outdoor living space that uniquely fits our needs. My husband and I especially appreciate his ongoing responsiveness and availability. Michael is a person of integrity and his staff is top notch. You won't find a better company for landscaping and exterior design services.

Description of Work
Design of pergola and water feature, landscaping

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,mulch,drain pipe,fountains,hardscaping,outdoor lighting,patios

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

09/26/2019

Michael Dodson is an artist and our yard became his canvas. He is a visionary and can also think of every little detail. His install team was fabulous. They arrived each day for the three weeks of demolition and then rebuilding on time and made sure everything was stored away and cleaned up at the end of each workday. They were all quite professional and very accommodating. Michael turned our yard into something you would experience at a resort. It’s magnificent! Michael is the Best contractor that we have had the opportunity to work with regardless of the trade. A +++

Description of Work
Total renovation of back and side yards. Installation of paver walkway and water feature.

Category irrigation systems,mulch,fountains,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

09/21/2019

Imperial is the BEST. We were new to the area and needed extensive work done in our yard. After contacting SEVERAL other companies and "getting the continuous run-around" we contacted Imperial. It was in between the Christmas and New Years holiday and I emailed just to get it out of the way. Michael responded ASAP, introduced himself, and said we would get together after the holidays. He did JUST AS HE SAID HE WOULD (a new thing for us) and the rest was history. He and his AWESOME team have actually come back and have done several projects at our house. Our last project, a re-do of our entire backyard due to our putting in a pool, was met with several challenges--not of their doing. During the entire process I said time and time again that I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT THEM! They can do SO MUCH, but we only wish they could do EVERYTHING! You won't get better workers than them. Now...on to think about what they can come back and do this Spring....

Description of Work
French Drain, Landscape Design, Irrigation Work, Paver Walkway, Paver Pool Patio, Arbor Built, etc.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,mulch,drain pipe,hardscaping,outdoor lighting,patios

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

05/19/2019

The cheapest estimate, a perfect job, at an earliest date than anticipated, with no issue.

Description of Work
Belgard Dublin Cobble paver walkway

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

09/20/2018

Michael and his crew are top-notch and hardworking. Would recommend his company to anyone. Got everything we wanted done.

Description of Work
Backyard irrigation and landscaping. Walkway on side of house. Grading and sod in front

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

Landscape Design & Installation including- Irrigation, Water Features, and Fountains, Sod, Paver Patios, Children Play Areas, Fire Pits, Trees, Mulch, Walls, Stone, & Outdoor Lighting.

We do not offer lawn maintenance, lawn chemicals, masonry or brickwork, topsoil or gravel delivery.