Andy On Call

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2010

3.5

3305 Rutherford Rd. Suite L

Taylors, SC 29687

The professionals at Andy OnCall make home maintenance a cinch! Since 2001, we have proudly provided the Greenville area with a variety of handyman services, including deck repair, remodeling services, gutter cleaning, and more. You can count on us to provide you with long-lasting results that look

01/13/2023

Audria M.

"I WAS ROBBED" To my now regret...I've used Andy on Call prior and I've also referred the service. Recently I requested service for plumbing repair for my sisters home. I advised the repair person to contact me directly with the quote and for payment. He stated that he could perform the service with a cost of $1350 (replace toilet, replace piping under the home and under the kitchen sink, flush the pipes for back up). He then called me back stating that the cost was going to be $1950 stating that the job would be more extensive. I ended up paying through cash app to avoid a 5% processing fee via credit card of $100. Long story short HE TOOK THE MONEY AND TOLD HIS EMPLOYER THAT WE TURNED DOWN THE JOB BECAUSE HIS QUOTE WAS $2500 AND WE SAID IT WAS TOO HIGH. In addition he played no pipes under the house. He just purchased a toilet w/installation, replaced the outdoor spinket valve and a pipe under the sink and supposedly flushed the line. Kitchen sink is still backing up....WOW!!!!

Description of Work
Plumbing for sisters home...he did about $500 worth of work and charged me $1950...so glad I didn't give hime my credit card number

02/26/2022

Will R.

We have been given nothing but excuses for why a simple barn door assembly and installation cannot be done correctly. They requested pictures and promised me a different contractor to come make adjustments. The ORIGINAL contractors arrived and told me "their boss" wouldn't allow them to make the changes I requested. What happened to "The Customer is Always Right??" I've been waiting 2 weeks for a call from the supervisor. If I could leave a review for zero stars I would.

Description of Work
Barn door assembly and installation

Category handyman service, doors

08/26/2020

Dianne J.

I used them all the time. The woman that answer the phone and takes a serious job. She so refreshing. As long as they have Joy, I'll keep calling.

Description of Work
electrical

Category electrician

02/10/2016

linda B.

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac

11/05/2015

craig H.

Description of Work
Ask for consult on some remodeling. Never got a response. Guess they didnt need my business

Category handyman service, remodeling

09/29/2015

Terry M.

Description of Work
I called they said they'd come never showed

05/07/2015

Randall U.

They performed the tasks we asked of them very efficiently. We wanted to turn a small bedroom into a dance studio. We had mirrors that we wanted mounted on several walls and framed out. The work they did was very satisfactory.

Description of Work
Painting and mounting of mirrors.

10/10/2014

Patrick S.

I had a leak in an upstairs bathroom that damaged the floor and cabinet in a bathroom and the drywell on the ceiling below. Andy on Call was recommended by the realtor as I was in the process of selling the property. I was out of town and conducted all business with them by email and phone. Service was excellent! They gave me a detailed estimate which included all the materials and cabinet needed for the job. They arrived promptly and expeditiously completed the work. I will use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall and replaced shower enclosure including bathroom cabinet.

02/19/2014

Melody M.

We were preparing to sell our house and needed several minor repairs done before putting house on the market. We contacted Andy On Call to get estimate on various services. The lady I spoke with scheduled a time for someone to come out. The day they were supposed to come I waited all day and they never showed up and never called us back.

Description of Work
No services were provided because they never called us back.

12/29/2013

Jim W.

Took them forever to show up and even longer for a written estimate. Called and reschedule twice, and after work was completed, tried to charge me extra for materials. Said the invoice was for labor ONLY, even though written estimate states labor AND materials.

Description of Work

Category handyman service, replacement windows

10/10/2013

Michael D.

It's been over 2 weeks now, and they never have called us back. We had someone else do the work.

Description of Work
Called them for some minor interior carpentry work. They took our number and said they would call us right back.

07/28/2013

Kateri S.

I left a message on Saturday and they called me Monday morning and had a tech there on Monday afternoon! The tech fixed the problem and was done in short order! Awesome

Description of Work
diagnose AC that was not working and replaced the capacitor

06/28/2013

ELAINE S.

He was on time. He has good work ethics and good price.

Description of Work
I used Andy on Call to do heating and air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/24/2013

Pat R.

Decided to try 'Andy' because of the Valpak flyer. Phoned the number on the coupon, spoke to a woman and explained what was needed (including the height involved) and she said she would arrange for someone to come and take a look and give me a quote. The contractor would call me to make an appointment. One week later I called again to say I hadn't heard from anyone. 2 days later I got a call, made an appointment, and the contractor came round. He was very pleasant but told me that work on a high roof was not something he would do, but he said he would pass my need back to head office and they would contact me with the name of someone who likely could help. Never heard anything from them, so I found someone else to do the work.

Description of Work
(Not sure if I dealt with this Andy or the one on Wade Hampton. Repeating my review for that one, because Angie's List keeps asking me to supply a review here!) Cleaning and tightening gutters and downspouts. 2 storeys at front of house, 3 at back (we have a basement.)

04/12/2013

Kay W.

I have used this company one time before, and they were great, so I decided to use them again for some services around my house, I called them on the 29th of March I spoke with a rep and told her I needed an estimate, she wanted to know when I needed someone out I told her before Thursday of the following week, she told me that they would give me a call back, they didn't return my call so I called back on the next Tuesday evening and left a message explaining who I was and that I had called the friday before and asked how come no one had returned my call. Wensday evening I received a phone call from this company they left a message saying someone would be out on Thursday, I called and told them that it wouldn't work because from the orginal call I explained that I needed someone out before or no later than Wensday due to my work schedule and I wouldn't be off until that following Monday, needless to say on one has done a follow up call back and I am very disappointed

Description of Work
Needed an estimate for services around my house.

12/12/2012

Judith S.

Wasted almost 3 months trying to obtain an estimate for varied repairs due to a water leak in my home. On 9/27/12, I provided them with a detailed list of repairs required to eventually be told on 12/10/12 they were no longer interested in the work. This was for an insurance claim and the time period involved in trying to get an estimate has put me right up against the deadline to make the submittal to our insurance company. Note that I was repeatedly assured they were interested in the work after asking on several occasions.

Description of Work
Wasted almost 3 months trying to obtain an estimate for varied repairs due to a water leak in my home. Provided a detailed list of repairs required to eventually be told they were no longer interested in the work. This was for an insurance claim and the time period involved in trying to get an estimate has put me right up against the deadline to make the submittal to our insurance company. Note that I was repeatedly assured they were interested in the work after asking on several occasions.

Category handyman service

We take pride in providing customers with detailed estimates and quality home repairs. In this case the the scope of work continued to change and never was defined to a level that we could confidently provide an estimate and eventually got out of the scope of the services we provide. We pride ourselves on fast and professional responses, but unfortunately with undefined goals by the customer in this situation, we were unable to provide an estimate.

11/01/2012

Howard B.

Initial work performed was acceptable but with a few unresolved issues. Follow up was slow, but eventually all issues were resolved to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Corrected problems; resolved all issues.

Category decks, electrician, handyman service, remodeling, pressure washing, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, sunrooms

09/04/2012

Pat R.

Decided to try 'Andy' because of the Valpak flyer. Phoned the number on the coupon, spoke to a woman and explained what was needed (including the height involved) and she said she would arrange for someone to come and take a look and give me a quote. The contractor would call me to make an appointment. One week later I called again to say I hadn't heard from anyone. 2 days later I got a call, made an appointment, and the contractor came round.He was very pleasant but told me that work on a high roof was not something he would do, but he said he would pass my need back to head office and they would contact me with the name of someone who likely could help. Never heard anything from them, so I found someone else to do the work.

Description of Work
Needed gutters cleaned. House is 2 storey at front, but 3 storey at back (we have a basement.)

05/29/2012

Gary H.

They just finished last week. I was very satisfied with the work they provided. They were punctual and tidy. They cleaned up well. They did an excellent job, and they shopped for the best prices for the windows. They saved me a lot of money and did a very good job.

Description of Work
I used ANDY OnCall for converting a screened-in porch into a sunroom. They took out the screens and put in windows.

Category decks, replacement windows, sunrooms

04/18/2012

Gary H.

They came by to quote the job, gave me a start and completion date and everything went according to plan.

Description of Work
I have used Andy On Call several times over the past 10 years. They have done small projects like painting a room up to converting a screened porch into a Florida room. They are consumate professionals, punctual and I never felt like I was overcharged.

03/01/2012

Emily E.

There must have been a miscommunication internally when we set up this appointment. I was told they would call and confirm a time and they would schedule a time with me. Instead, they just showed up at my house and called me when I wasn't there. I tried to work with this person to reschedule, but he was rude. He complained that he was at my house now and it would be inconvenient for him to come back later. I should have called the office and asked for a new person to come out but I felt like they should do a better job following up with appointments to see how they went. At this point in time, I have hired another person to do the work.

Description of Work
n/a

Augusta Lawn Care of Greenville

We specialize in lawn maintenance and mowing services. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Blast Pressure Washing

Quality pressure washing for a affordable price! House wash, concrete, deck, RV's, fences, etc We also do deck sealing

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Upstate Electrical Solutions LLC

Upstate Electrical Solutions specializes in Residential Electrical Repair in the Greenville, SC area. While other electrical contractors are going after larger new construction electrical jobs, wiring homes and commercial buildings, our electricians focus on fast response times to your electrical repair need. We can handle any electrical repair for your home. That's all we do! Our mission is simple: provide you, the homeowner, with the highest level of customer service while making electrical repairs and installations that are safe, reliable, and cost appropriate for your budget. Please read some of our customer reviews. Upstate Electrical Solutions is the electrician to call in Greenville when you need fast and reliable service that comes with upfront pricing and a 100% money back guarantee. We make sure every customer is completely happy before we accept payment for our service. All prices are put in writing before any work is performed and our electricians will explain what repairs are needed in easy to understand terms so you know exactly what you are paying for. Upstate Electrical Solutions provides electrical services for Greenville, Mauldin, Simpsonville, Taylors, Greer, Fountain Inn, Berea, Traveler's Rest, and Piedmont.

2022 Super Service Award

Interior handyman services. Remodeling. Flooring services. Water heater repair & installation. Exterior handyman services. Deck builders. Replacement windows & doors. Gutter contractor services. Pressure washing.