J W Long Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1952 • With Angi since August 2010

4.2

2801 W 5th North St

Summerville, SC 29483

At J. W. Long Mechanical Company, we’ve been installing, repairing, and maintaining heating and air conditioning systems for Summerville, South Carolina homes and businesses since way back in 1950. From the values established by our founder J.W. Long to our leadership today under owner Shannon Heber, we’ve built our business on integrity, reliability, affordability and quality work. We simply deliver honest, down home services to our customers, making them part of our family. The J.W. Long team of experienced professionals is always ready to earn your trust with a sincere passion for customer service and the best track record in the area. We’re a 17-time winner of the Trane Distinguished Dealer Award and an independent Trane Comfort Specialist Dealer. That means you can rely on us for the finest heating and cooling products installed and serviced with the technical expertise and attention to excellence that creates peak performance and value for your budget....

07/18/2020

Leigh P.

We had a long history of problems beginning with the previous company. We purchased two new units, but have had problems since installation. There was one time it was discovered that an animal chewed through some wires, but even that took 2-3 visits for the technician to uncover. I called recently for a 10 year problem of inefficient cooling of one unit. I was told that was normal in the summer. When I disagreed, the company representative said, “ I’d be happy to charge you $95 for a service call.” We contacted another company who discovered several leaks and a coil that needed to be replaced in one unit. It was a long and frustrating situation for both parties, but the company did not persist in conducting a skilled diagnostic assessment.

Description of Work
Repair of installation completed by their company

Category home improvement stores

02/04/2015

Craig L.

J.W. Mechanical was awesome and I highly recommend them to anyone that needs AC service (installation, repair or maintenance). From a price standpoint, they were in the middle for the eight companies I had provide quotes; however, they were the least expensive Trane dealer that I had provide quotes. I felt very comfortable with the Billy (the owner) as he took the time to explain what was needed and answer all my questions. He even supplied several quotes with different units. I felt like it was a conversation as opposed to a sales pitch. In addition to installing a new Trane XL15i heat pump system with a variable speed air handler and wifi thermostat, they also installed new ductwork in order to get the best efficiency out of my new unit. Despite all of this work, they were still cheaper then the other Trane dealer I had provide a quote and their price did not even include the ductwork or wifi thermostat. J.W. Long even did a routine maintenance checkup on my downstairs unit for free! They also installed a new return grill at my request (for free); however, later that night I noticed that it was making a vibrating noise. When I called Billy about this, he apologized and said they would make it right. The next day, they came back out and installed a sturdier return grill...problem solved! I know It is only a matter of time before the downstairs unit needs to be replaced since it is 25 years old (Trane) and I will DEFINITELY use J.W. Long Mechanical to do the work.

Description of Work
Replaced upstairs heat pump split system.

10/23/2014

Janis O.

Description of Work
Annual check of air and heating

02/19/2013

Nancy P.

We have used them before. They are courteous and they do a great job and they installed my last system several years ago. The system has worn out so I went straight back to them. They are good company and they know what they are doing. I have tried other service before and they were not as efficient and knowledgeable as their mechanics from JW Long Mechanical.

Description of Work
JW Long Mechanical for installation of air conditioning.

03/30/2011

Clara I.

They came the next day. We got part of the issue fixed. I'm still waiting for the other part to be fixed this week. The technician was very professional. I feel like the price is expensive, but I don't know what the going rate is.

Description of Work
The A/C wasn't working, and I called them out to fix it.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We have never been to this residence.

Berkeley Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.

A Locally owned company that provides "The Comfort You Deserve!" We are Charleston's Oldest Carrier Dealer & the only NATE Certified and IGSHPA accredited HVAC Company in Charleston. Call us for Service, Replacement and Maintenance for your all Residential or Light Commercial spaces. We also are known for our New Construction expertise using Daiken and Geothermal Energy Savings systems. We can also Repair and/or Replace your Pool heat pumps!

Air Pros Heating & Cooling

At Air Pros Heating & Cooling we specialize in residential and commercial heating and cooling services in North Charleston South Carolina and the surrounding areas. We pride ourselves in offering high quality, reliable, family friendly services. Our technicians are well trained with twenty years experience, certified and focused on providing exceptional customer service.

McCaw Heating & Cooling

Here at McCaw Heating & Cooling, we are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of quality home improvement services. You will find us to be competitively priced with close attention to the details of each and every project that we are involved with. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Air Conditioning Equipment & Systems, Air Conditioning Service & Repair, Heating Contractors & Specialties

ask for details