Custom Tile & Interiors

Founded 1984 • With Angi since August 2010

613C Trolley Road

Summerville, SC 29485

Custom Tile & Interiors was formed in 1984 out of a desire to provide customers in the Low Country with professional, high quality, and innovative tile design and installation.

03/06/2018

Edna L.

I was very pleased with the work. There was no pressure in making my selections. The work was completed when they said it would and they were always on time. Chris was there to supervise the subs and was always there. I would definitely use them again and refer friends to them.

Description of Work
tiled laundry room floor and replaced kitchen counters with granite

Category countertops, flooring contractor, home remodeling

10/24/2017

Larry P.

Very professionally done. Work crews were courteous and highly skilled. Chris (the business owner) personally supervised much of the work.

Description of Work
Kitchen floor replaced with tile, granite counters tops installed in kitchen and all bathrooms, Master bath tub removed and replaced with walk in tile shower, Master bath, vanity and guest bath floors re-tiled, guest bath tub area re-tiled, kitchen ceiling lighting updated and ceiling re-blown.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

10/23/2017

Lynne L.

Being a one stop shop, I was able to get design ideas, pick out tile, paint colors, counter top, cabinets and all fixtures in the convenience of one location. Lisa was delightful and gave great advice to help me achieve the look I wanted while Chris supervised and worked along with all of the other contractors. The result was a beautiful walk in shower and vanity. Their timeline was on track, the fished project was amazing and pricing fair. I would highly recommend Custom Tile and Interiors for any remodeling project and will happily use them again!

Description of Work
Remodeling master bathroom and vanity

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You were a pleasure to work with! Enjoy your new bathroom!

09/16/2017

John D.

We had an excellent experience. They were a little high but the quality of the work was well worth it.

Description of Work
They provided service to remodel the bathroom.

05/24/2016

Melissa M.

05/18/2016

Josh W.

12/22/2015

Charles A.

Description of Work
Great!!! The owners of this company, Lisa & Chris, are the nicest people. It was a real pleasure working with them and their crew. We are extremely pleased with the outcome and quality of the work. We would be proud to tell anyone who remodeled our master bath. If you are considering a bath remodel, you should definitely put them at the top of your list of contractors to call.

08/05/2015

Terry R.

They did a very nice job. The owner, Chris Bedsoe, was on site the entire time. Their fabricator did a beautiful job with the Silestone--there are no seams. There was a small amount of damage done to moldings, etc. and a couple of things with the tile htat I did not like and Chris made sure all of it was repaired. As it turned out, there was a very large flaw in the Silestone--not their fault-but Chris was determined to make it right for us. We ended up having the entire slab replaced and they did an excellent job replacing it--they didn't have to remove any backsplash tile. Overall we are very happy with our new kitchen.

Description of Work
Installed Silestone countertops, undermount sink/faucet/garbage disposal, tile backsplash, dishwasher, moved a cabinet. They supplied all materials except the dishwasher.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

Thank you [removed member name]! We pride ourselves on Quality & Professionalism on every job. We hope to work with you again in the future.

06/17/2015

Sammy S.

Custom Tile and Interiors The hardest part of the entire bathroom project is this, writing the review! When Chris came out, he looked at our bathroom, took measurements and talked about what we expected. He left us with the feeling that this man knew what he was doing. We went to his store to pick out tile, and again, he was very knowledgeable and helpful, right down to the grout color! Needless to say, we were excited when his estimate came in well under our budget! Each of the teams that came out to do the work, were very professional. Laid down mats to protect our carpet and floor, cleaned up behind themselves. Our Bathroom looks awesome, and it has been a pleasure to work with Chris and his teams. Most reviews list pros and cons, but I can find nothing negative to say!

Description of Work
remodel bathroom, new sheet rock, new floor, tile shower and door, install toilet, ETC.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

01/13/2015

Description of Work
They did ceramic tile flooring of our great room, kitchen and sunroom. Also a backsplash and new kitchen faucet. Could not recommend them more highly - clean, efficient and caring. Excellent quality work.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

09/22/2014

leo Y.

It was OK. I have beautiful granite top with a nice backsplash.

Description of Work
Acted as a go between with us and the granite providers.

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

09/07/2014

william M.

Were unable to help me with the backsplash I was looking for but sent directly to someone who could. Very professional. I will go to them first from now on.

Description of Work
Called for help with backsplash.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

04/24/2014

Amanda H.

Lisa, the coowner, was very helpful. She was able to fit us in as soon as possible and gave me design ideas. The two issues I had were the workers didn't do a good job of cleaning up after themselves. I also printed a coupon from Angie's List, which is where I learned about the business. I left a note for the installers to ask if I could use a coupon that stated "5% off for Angie's List customers Custom Tile and Interiors," which was on the link to the business. It doesn't state any stipulations or expiration. No one got back in touch with me about using the coupon. I called Mr. Bedson, and he stated it was for their products and labor, not just for labor(we purchased the tile elsewhere). I am disappointed that they falsely advertise a coupon that cannot be used.

Description of Work
Installed a tile backsplash in the kitchen.

Category home remodeling

Hi [removed members name], I am sorry you did not find the clean up adequate. Since we had to come back to your job site to do an additional area you requested at no additional charge (the area where you had a fish tank which had not been removed prior to our arrival so we did not know you wanted that area tiled) I wish you had let us know you were dissatisfied with the clean up so it could have been handled at that time. We expect our crews to always leave the job site clean and tidy. (The tile cannot be wiped down completely as the grout is still damp and will always need an additional wipe down by the customer when tie is entirely dry.) On the coupon issue - the 5% coupon was an error on the part of Angie's list - which was removed from the site immediately after it was brought to our attention - if you will check the website and the publication - our offer is actually 10% off on upgrades. No mention was ever made to me of the coupon in our dealings (I would have let you know so there would not have been the confusion). I certainly hope you are happy with your backsplash and will allow us to serve you again in the future.

01/27/2014

Greta C.

I can't say enough about this company. They did a stellar job, and I would use them again and again. They were professional, creative, and very cost-conscious. They knew I had a budget and did their best to stay within those boundaries. Many things thing came up against unexpectedly they resolved without additional charge to me. I was extremely grateful for their graciousness. The job they did consisted of opening up and remodeling a very dated kitchen, dining room, and living room. Additionally, the dining room was small, and I wanted to find a way to enlarge it at least a little. A significant part of the job entailed improvements and leveling to the subfloor to support the remodel and redo poor workmanship that dated back to original 1970s-era construction. Finally, the living room had very dated, dark wood paneling that I wanted replaced with drywall and painted in a more modern design. We originally planned to do the kitchen/dining room first, because it would be more challenging due to the floor issues and having to remove the wall separating the two rooms. However, when I found high-end tile perfect for the living room at their showroom, I decided to replace the floor along with the paneling. The living room turned out to be an unexpected challenge because the floor had to be leveled there, too. The job took longer than expected, but the team took the time to do it right, as though it was their house. I was not charged for the additional time required to complete the job. I chose high-end "hardwood-like" plank tile, and it was well worth the higher cost. They did a beautiful job on the floor and the walls, and it looked just as I expected. As for the floor issues in the kitchen, they did more than I expected to shore up the floor before finishing it out. Even though I only gained about a foot more for the dining room, opening it up to the kitchen has made all of the difference in the world. The tile and finishing work they did was beautiful, too. I couldn't be happier with the result.

Description of Work
A complete remodel of the kitchen, dining room, and living room, including removal of one wall and refurbishments of the subfloor to support the remodel.

06/13/2013

Donna M.

They did a very good job. The quality of the work and their timeliness impressed me.

Description of Work
Custom Tile & Interiors installed granite kitchen countertops.

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

04/19/2013

Donna C.

They were fine. No complaints. We had talked and gone to a number of different places. They appeared to be the most professional and they did a really good job. The guys were friendly. We have no complaints whatsoever.

Description of Work
I used Custom Tile & Interiors for kitchen remodeling.

01/22/2013

Ken S.

Timely delivery, installation. No problems at all.

Description of Work
Installed kitchen counter tops, sink, disposal.

Category countertops, plumbing, home remodeling

02/16/2012

Patricia H.

They did an extremely good job. They were quiet, professional and worked very efficiently. They took short lunches and cleaned up after the job was done. They did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They removed the existing marble flooring and installed porcelain tile in the powder room. They then in another room built a shower and moved a waterline where they removed a bathtub. They took out some walls and put others in their place and put in new tile there.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

12/15/2011

Richard V.

Our experience with them was very good. We think we spent around $9000 on their services. They did what they said they were going to do and did it when they said they were going to do it. We will use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Custom Tile & Interiors. We last used their services in January or February of this year. They redid our bathrooms.

09/29/2011

Martin S.

They were on time each day, clean-up as they went along and did more then was bid without additional cost because they had the material on hand. Very satisfied and their advice was right on the money.

Description of Work
Replaced laundry floor with new porcelain tile and repaired one section of damaged wood sub floor. Also installed black splash around the kitchen counters with stone and glass tile.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

07/07/2011

Lisa P.

LOVE the results. Lisa Benton the owner is a great resource in decorating and has an eye for space. The job was on time and professional, the tile guys were great. The tile guys checked the leaveling continusouly. My only complaint was the general contractor. He just does not have the people skills for the job. Worse, he thinks he does. He made several comments about the tiles in contrast to what his wife said. I found him a bit rude.

Description of Work
Pull out fitted shower and old floor tile - rebuild shower using tile and put in new floor with tile.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

09/12/2010

Jesse R.

Very helpful in showroom in picking out tile. Professional work crew kept house clean during demolition and installation. Showed up on schedule and finished in 2 days as planned. Very nice people to deal with. Hope to do other projects.

Description of Work
Removed old tile floor in bathroom, installed new floor tile, removed old vanity, countertop and toilet. Changed plumbing to use as double vanity, made tile countertop to match floor and installed new sinks/hardware. Installed new toilet. I furnished vanity and new plumbing fixtures

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

08/02/2010

Natalie G.

We were really impressed with the quality of work and attention to detail during the installation process. The owner and his 2-person crew spent time to make sure they understood what needed to happen in the bathroom before beginning the installation work. The crew was very courteous and kept everything cleaned up. When they came back the second day to grout, they did the plumbing work to replace valves and install the new toilet and vanity. The co-owner supervised the crew during this phase and inspected the finished work. They were extremely meticulous and re-did any work that they deemed not exactly correct. We were extremely pleased with the results and will use this company again for future remodeling work. They are not the cheapest option, but we are very pleased with the quality of the products and service we received, so the additional 10-15 percent we paid we consider well-spent.

Description of Work
Custom Tile did the tile work and the plumbing for our 1/2 bath remodel. I visited their store to work with one of the owners (a husband/wife team owns the business) to select the tile and talk about various design options. We wainscotted 3 of the 4 walls with tile and also tiled the floor with a tile that looks like wood flooring (but can take dog/kid abuse). Custom Tile also replaced the old valves on the water lines and installed the toilet and vanity. The co-owner who supervises the installation is a licensed plumber.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

Jani Loerincz Painting

2017-2018 Super Service Award Winner. Locally owned and operated Summerville based Interior & Exterior Painting company. We also specialize in kitchen cabinets.In fact our cabinets were featured in Kitchen Magazine. We don't cut any corners and will make sure we get the job done the way you want it from start to finish. Call Janni for a free quote today

Offers by Jani Loerincz Painting on Angi
    Floor Coverings International

At Floor Coverings International of Charleston, we bring the floor to your door. We are not a traditional store - we work from a Mobile Showroom which is stocked with hundreds of inspiring samples of carpet, hardwood, ceramic tile, laminate, stone, and Green flooring products like bamboo and cork, from the highest quality manufacturers including Shaw, Armstrong, Daltile, Emser Tile, USFloors, Dasso Exotic Flooring, and much, much more. Our consultation and quote is complimentary, and we will never pressure you to buy. In addition to passing along the manufacturer's warranty for the product, we warranty our installation for a full two years. (We regret that we are unable to offer flooring repair work at this time.)

Ray's Flooring

We are a flooring installation company in Charleston, SC. We specialize in hardwood, engineered wood, laminate, LVP, LVT, EVP, and COREtec waterproof flooring. We provide the flooring materials and installation for your home below retail cost. Our Design Consultants visit your home with samples and offer same day estimates. We are licensed and insured. We offer free estimates, material delivery and in most cases, one day installation.

Visa, MasterCard, Check

Kitchen, Bathroom Design & Remodeling, Tile & Stone Flooring, Fireplace Surrounds, Custom Built Showers, Quartz, Granite & Marble Countertops.