A Shade Above The Rest LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since April 2010

120 Pidgeon Bay Rd Suite F

Summerville, SC 29483

Family owned and operated since 2003, A Shade Above the Rest has proudly been serving Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Summerville, and the surrounding communities with high-quality plantation shutters, shades, and blinds accompanied by exceptional customer service! A Shade Above the Rest offers sales and installation of a wide variety of options, including bamboo shades, cellular shades, wood shutters, poly shutters, wood composite shutters, faux blinds, wood blinds, Roman shades, roller shades, and more. Popular brands include Hunter Douglas, Norman, Graber, Skandia, US Polymers, and MUCH more. With over 20 years of experience, our experts know everything there is to know about window treatments. Best of all, at A Shade Above the Rest, we bring our family values to work with us every day. Call A Shade Above the Rest today for your free in-home estimate!...

09/26/2016

Elise F.

Very well. I got 4 different bids and A Shade Above was 1/2 the price than one of the vendors. They were also able to get a room darkening shade for the bedroom slider; none of the other vendors was able to find one. We also received a manufacturer's rebate. Mike worked quickly to measure and the installment went in under an hour. I highly recommend A Shade Above!

Description of Work
Needed new blinds throughout our new home.

07/05/2016

hugh g H.

Professional, efficient, and very fair pricing with quality work

Description of Work
Shutters and shades on house remodel

03/29/2016

Sharon H.

I am very pleased with the price and quality of the work. I had contacted another business first and obtained a quote. This business was recommended by my realtor. I told him my budget was $3000 and he really did not work with me to get to that budget at all. I then contacted Mike based on Angie's list reviews and was very happy with the selection and how he gave me several options to stay within my budget. Everything looks perfect and the faux wood blinds are a LOT better than the builder grade you find in new homes. I am enjoying the café plantation shutters in the kitchen and guestroom. I enjoy the light and did not need the top of my windows covered at all. I installed full plantation shutters where needed for privacy in the entrance and bathroom. Mike was very good at suggesting what would work.

Description of Work
Installed café plantation window shutters in kitchen and guest room/bath, pleated shades in office/bath, and faux wood blinds in master bedroom and bath.

01/14/2016

ileen S.

These guys are the best. Professional, punctual and a pleasure to work with. The pricing was reasonable. The service was above and beyond what we paid for. I would highly recommend this company. I have already placed an additional order with them for a porch window treatment. If every small business was this excellent, big box stores would be a thing of the past. Small business means that personal touch that cannot be quantified but is so important. I very much appreciate the service provided.

Description of Work
Measured and installed wood 2 1/2" blinds throughout our new home

11/14/2014

Tina D.

Professional, reliable service. The recommended options definitely met our needs.

Description of Work
Installed blinds in our new home.

09/24/2014

George O.

Description of Work
Installed blinds on 2 doors and 7 windows - will be using them again to finish the house shortly. |It went very well.

08/29/2014

Michael L.

It went extremely well. We were delighted with their service and the quality of their product. The installation of the shutters was outstanding. They were extremely careful with their installation--leaving no "mess" or debris behind for us to clean up! In fact, we were so pleased that five days later we contacted them and asked them to come back out to our home to measure and give us an estimate for 5 additional windows. Their response time was excellent. They arrived here at 8:30 on August 26, 2014, measured the 5 additional windows for interior plantation shutters, and gave us a price. We happily accepted their quote and are looking forward to the arrival and installation of this new order.

Description of Work
On August 21, 2014, Mike and Sam installed interior plantation shutters in our living room and dining room (3 windows)

08/14/2014

Andrea C.

Everything went great. Just a little lag on getting emails back but I am sure it is because they are busy. I am very pleased with the service so far.

Description of Work
Installed black outs with fascia. One powerrise.

06/27/2014

June F.

Description of Work
Ordered and installed blinds for all the windows in our new house. Very happy with the service, quality of the product and the installation. Based on my research, cost was very reasonable. Tiny complaint: a bit of a lag in returning phone calls, but always punctual when an appointment made.

06/22/2014

Robert A.

Mike was very prompt to respond to our request. He showed up for the estimate appointment on time and was very helpful in helping us make decisions on the window treatments for our new home. We intended to order all wood plantation shutters but Mike showed us shutters that were not wood and they were very nice and considerably less expensive. He also suggested very creative options for shades in our sunroom. When the blinds arrived Mike and his assistance arrived on time as scheduled and installed all the shutters and blinds in record time. They were neat and efficient and left no mess behind. We love our new shutters and were very pleased with the professionalism of Mike and his assistant. We did not hesitate to recommend his Company to our neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
Installed plantation shutters and blinds in our home

03/20/2014

Andrew L.

Mike and Sam were very professional and friendly guys. My only complaint is that it took several attempts at contacting them to finally receive a call back. I had tried 2 or 3 times and left messages with no return call. I had forgotten about them and then a received a call back and a scheduled appointment. From the time we met and the estimate and installation everything went great! I was happy to have found them on Angie's List, wanted to support a local business and have no hesitation recommending them to others. I attribute the lack of communication initially to them being overly busy. Their advice on the right product to use was great as well as an Angie's List discount. One of the blinds was broken so that the mechanism wasn't working. They installed the blind temporarily so that it could be used for shade and then installed the new product when it arrived with no further issues. If you are in the market for a new install or replacement blinds, I highly recommend A Shade Above The Rest!

Description of Work
Provided good quality blinds for the entire household.

01/28/2014

ALBERT N.

Was very professional, not pushy, refreshingly honest, did not attempt to veer us in one direction or the other, provided suggestions based on our needs. Although we did not use Shade above the Rest, I would not hesitate to recommend the company in a hearbeat.

Description of Work
Provided a quote. Michael met with us to provide options.

12/31/2013

Elaine R.

Excellent service and installtion

Description of Work
Configured and installed Plantation Shutter in a window that I was told by another company could not accomodate them. Very pleased and love my shutters.

12/05/2013

Keith R.

They were fantastic and did an outstanding job. I was so impressed. The price was great and I am very happy with the work.

Description of Work
They installed plantation shutters in my home.

12/05/2013

Suzie and Bill P.

They are great at service! We will never use another blind company!

Description of Work
Replaced batteries for remote blind controls and replaced vertical blind clips.

12/01/2013

Amy C.

We had a great experience with A Shade Above the Rest. Mike was prompt in communications, meetings, and installation. He counseled us through the costs and types of blinds/shades until we zeroed in on the best option for our needs. Once it was narrowed down Mike -- through his close network of distributors -- was able to upgrade us to cordless and top down-bottom up options as the same cost as without (a huge savings!). The shades arrived on time and were installed quickly and correctly. We are very happy with the quality of our experience with this vendor.

Description of Work
Installed cellular shades throughout the house

11/18/2013

Kathryn M.

We had them come out in September to measure and order the shutters. They arrived the first week of November and they came out promptly to install. They are beautiful and exceeded our expectations. We were satisfied with the whole experience.

Description of Work
Ordered and installed plantation shutters.

11/14/2013

Robin D.

I purchased the Angie's List deal of $250 for $500 worth of Plantation Shutters. I scheduled an appointment with Mike, who came to my house to take window measurements and show me samples of the different types of shutters. He took the time to discuss the pros and cons of the different types, and he asked me what I wanted, and whether I have pets that might be rough on the shutters. He was very knowledgeable, and didn't try to push me into purchasing any particular type of shutter. The shutters were ordered, and 4 weeks later Mike called to tell me they were in. They were able to schedule appointments that were convenient for me, and they were always on time. Mike and his helper installed the shutters. They were very professional, and did an excellent job. The shutters look fantastic! I am very impressed with the results! The Plantation shutters are expensive, so I was only able to get shutters for one large picture window, which was the main window that I wanted covered anyway. I am very happy with A Shade Above the Rest, and I plan to call them again soon to get shutters installed in my kitchen, too.

Description of Work
I used A Shade Above The Rest for shutters.

10/15/2013

Jaroslav F.

They were very fast and efficient. They really were pros.

Description of Work
replaced blinds on three windows

06/08/2013

Mary J.

Mike came to our home and completed the measurements. We discussed our options and with his expert advice made our choices. The blinds came in about a week and the shutters in less than 4 weeks. Both were promptly installed as soon as they arrived. We appreciated the excellent, courteous service and we love the blinds and shutters. We would definitely recommend A Shade Above the Rest as they are much more than a "shade" above, they are way above the other companies' quotes and products.

Description of Work
Measured, ordered and installed blinds and plantation shutters.

12/01/2010

Suzie and Bill P.

UNBELIEVABLE SERVICE!!!!! We had bought expensive high-end blinds for our entire house in September 2007 from Mike and Sam @ A Shade Above The Rest. The pull in our heavy large breakfast room blind (which expands over 3 windows that we raise every morning) kept breaking. At no cost to us, Sam and Mike would fix it whenever we called. It broke again the week before Thanksgiving and my family was coming to S.C. for the first time to see us and share the holiday. Rather than fix it again (for appx the 3rd time), they surprised us by replacing it with a higher-end blind of a more sturdy construction that matched perfectly! AT NO COST TO US! Plus, they rushed the order and installed the new one Monday of Thanksgiving week. They explained that "that is how they did business and would wish to be treated!" We have never been so impressed with their commitment to customer care and satisfaction. If you want the best quality and service, there is no other company to buy your window treatments from!

Description of Work
They replaced our 3 year old blinds at no cost to us!

04/16/2010

William M.

Do expect about a 2 week wait for manufacturing of the shutters. Do expect to be very happy with the outcome of the job.

Description of Work
Added plantation shutters to our glass sliding doors in our condo. It was not a simle job as the ceiling ht is 9ft and the width is 9ft (all gless). The shutters are supended from the ceiling and slide on tracks to allow us to get to our deck and to clean the windows. The job was handled very professionally, exactly on time and at the quoted price. Verry good company to do business with, an overall good experience and a great product.

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check