Kunak Enterprises LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2012

112 Lansdale Dr

Spartanburg, SC 29302

Kunak Enterprises LLC is a company that provides interior/exterior painting, drywall repairs on investment properties, rental/residential homes and some commercial work. Please call for estimate.

08/18/2021

Barbara B.

I am very pleased with the work that was done on my deck it looks beautiful like new. I would recommend Kunak Enterprises, Llc to anyone who is looking for a company that is honest and does a professional job.I highly recommend this company and will hire again in future.

Description of Work
Remove,pressure wash rails on deck,replace floor boards seal entire deck

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

10/14/2018

Stephen S.

The work was completed in the time frame promised and within 10% of the estimated price given, which was fair given the amount, nature, and quality of the work performed.

Description of Work
Cleaning repair and painting of exterior woodwork and trim.

Category contractors, decks, pressure washing, house painters

Friendly and reasonable customer to have and completely understood the minor complications we ran in to while performing work.

06/23/2018

Rocky N.

He answered the phone the first time I called and was very friendly and professional. Provided a quote in a timely manner. Knowing we were moving he even put in the extra time to make sure he could fit our job in a timely manner. He completed the work with excellent workmanship and very quickly.

Description of Work
Garage ceiling needed patched due to a plumbing leak from above.

Category drywall, interior painters

Customer was in a hurry to do repairs so i understood his situation and accommodated his easy request for work in order to facilitate sale of house and job took half day. Great couple to work for.

12/25/2017

Donald B.

Quick, efficient, and effective. Recommend highly. He services what he does!

Description of Work
This time David did a small plumbing job and a carpentry job for me. He had previously painted the exterior of my home and has been my go to home repairman ever since then.

Category contractors, handyman service, plumbing, house painters, interior painters

This friendly customer has been great to work for as are most of my customers

12/17/2017

Fanne P.

I am a out of town property owner and I can't emphasize enough how trustworthy and creditable Kunak Enterprises is. They sent me pictures during key milestones of the project, over communicated with me about their thoughts, ideas and next steps and worked with me every step of the way despite me being so far away. I wish I would of hired Kunak from the very beginning to avoid the horrible experience I faced with the original contractors. Thank you David & Frank for fixing my home and for giving me and my husband the best experience ever. If I ever have any contracting work done in the South Carolina area, I would only use Kunak Enterprises.

Description of Work
I hired Kunak Enterprises to complete a full house renovation. Unfortunately, the original contractors who were paid for the project did horrendous work and lacked skill and professionalism. I called David of Kunak Enterprises regarding the situation and he immediately came to the rescue. Within 2 weeks, Kunak Enterprises turned the situation around and renovated my home so skillfully and beautifully.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, handyman service, locksmith, remodeling, wallpaper removal, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

These kind people were taken advantage of by dishonest contractors and we had to rework almost all improperly repairs made so owners could get some funds coming in and start to recover stolen money from unacceptable services performed in way over extended time involved in finishing job This style of corrupt work performance is running rampant in a suddenly booming industry. I suggest using licensed contractors that are bonded and insured with good track records which should be the norm or you may be calling us to clean up their mess to start recovering your losses. Both husband and wife are great customers to have!!

08/29/2017

Mike G.

They were punctual, looked at the problem, gave me a price and solved the problem.

Description of Work
Fixed leak on roof.

Category handyman service, roofing

07/26/2017

Bradley B.

Terrible, David Kunak was supposed to return and finish (fix really) the interior painting job that his painters failed to do. Though he promised to do, he never returned. The living room was supposed to receive two coats, however it barely received one it was poorly applied.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category handyman service, interior painters

This customer was great to work for however, I left a new crew member unsupervised and had to touch up his errors. Customer was mistaken in stating only one coat of paint applied. There were two coats but the particular product was not applied properly which caused final coat to look different than the brush work. I explained i would be back to re coat the walls a third time, rolling only needed but time and busy schedule caused customer to fall through very narrow cracks of quality and customer satisfaction. This is something to learn from.

07/13/2017

Thomas P.

Excellent workmanship and communications. David and Frank went beyond the call of duty...they reacted well to changes in scope and were able to keep the project moving along smoothly. This is my first experience with having this amount of work done in my home, and I was apprehensive about finding the right contractor to do the work to my high standards. Kunak Enterprises was definitely the right company for this project, and both my wife and I are very happy with the end result. We are planning on having some additional work done in the future-David and company will be our go-to guys.

Description of Work
Installed new basement access door in kitchen. Installed new wall and door in hallway from upstairs to basement. Installed new sheet rock ceilings in two rooms of basement. Remodeled master bathroom-installed new tub and tile on floor and around tub. Installed new raised deck on rear of house. Installed new exterior door leading out on to new deck.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Very friendly and easy going customers to work for. job went well and all are happy.

07/03/2017

Martial R.

Kunak Enterprises LLC was engaged to repair, scrape, sand, and paint a large clapboard sided farm house and garage. They worked meticulously on the repair of rotted or damaged wood, then professionally prepared the surfaces for final painting by painstakingly scraping, sanding, and priming. They added an extra measure of an anti-fungal to the paint to prevent mold and mildew which is an ever present problem in the south. The final coats were carefully hand painted over spray which gave an added measure of protection. This company is extremely professional and pays attention to the smallest detail. We would highly recommend them for any new or remodel construction or painting project.

Description of Work
House and Garage painting

Category handyman service, house painters

Two more great customers to work for and have called us back for major storm damage repairs and to build second retirement home on property.

05/01/2017

Jim P.

Email response was pretty quick to start but trailed off after that. In the angieslist correspondence (which was initiated on a Sunday) he promised a follow up call by the end of the week. I did not hear from him by Friday but did by the following Monday. He said he would stop by, either that night (Monday) or Tuesday. That was the last I heard from David. I was disappointed at the lack of communication but not completely caught off guard since there had been several reviews with a similar experience.

Description of Work
Siding work Replace a few shingles Area of water damage on a wall to be replaced. Asked about a quote to tile in a shower as well as interior painting.

Category drywall, handyman service, roofing, siding, home remodeling, interior painters

i apologize but we have variables like weather, getting proper parts ordered, unforeseen issues that add more time thus setting back schedule however, some customers have patiently waited because we provide exceptional work as though it were our own homes I will make a better effort to make update calls out of respect to customers in future..

04/05/2017

vickie S.

Great. I've used this company before and will use again.

Description of Work
Exterior of house , gutters, driveways and windows cleaned.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, pressure washing

Another great customer to work for and has requested more work which we need to squeeze in the very buy schedule.

03/21/2017

Jon M.

It went great!! It's a busy time so it took longer to respond with an estimate but he was out 3 days after the estimate did an outstanding job and was actually cheaper then the original estimate. I will definitely keep his number for future projects.

Description of Work
Put baseboard down in bathroom, fixed leaky faucet and sagging ceiling in bathroom

Category handyman service

Great customer and job went easier so I gave discount. We are not greedy.

01/26/2017

Mary E.

It went very well. His fee was quite reasonable. The work was done perfectly. He responded within 24 hours when I called him to come out. I do plan to call him again and I would certainly recommend him and his business to anyone needing help with a small job or a big one.

Description of Work
I called David Kunak when I discovered a big seam in the shower that seemed to be missing caulk. It looked molded and I had seen some bugs in the bathroom. He responded immediately in a very positive and professional manner. He did come to my house the next day as I was quite concerned. He cleaned out all the mold and old caulk and repaired the seam with lovely smooth caulk that matches the shower exactly. While he was here, I asked him to install my wireless video door which he did perfectly and in record time. We also spent time discussing some options for covering a patio in the back yard and for power washing outside.

Category handyman service, remodeling

12/26/2016

Martial R.

Contractor was detailed in scope of work. Work was done skillfully, professionally, and on time. Recommend highly.

Description of Work
Repair of siding, windows, garage, and porches preparatory to painting.

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

12/16/2016

Jon H.

Excellent. Small job. In and out in 3 days. Reasonably priced. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Basement renovation

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling, woodworking

11/09/2016

Gwyn O.

Our project wasn't time sensitive so David put us on his schedule. He did contact us along the way to let us know how the schedule was going. We were very pleased with his thoroughness and professionalism. Very pleased with our project outcome.

Description of Work
We needed some interior ceilings painted with a small repair. We also had our enclosed carport cleaned, repaired and painted.

10/20/2016

George S.

David had just finished a long term job and I was lucky that I called him right after he finished it. He was able to start right away and finished in two days. He's professional and personable. I would hire him again if needed.

Description of Work
I had a door widened for a backyard shed and had a small deck removed.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, doors

09/21/2016

David K.

Very well! He was professional and went over what he would be doing and why. Explained things clearly and went over costs in estimate. After the job, all debris was removed and the job was very well done and looks great. He always responded to my phone calls and let me know by phone if he would be a little late. I am planning to use them to do more siding work on the outside of my house and probably some interior work. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Dormer windows had wood siding that was degrading from rain washing down roof.

Category handyman service, siding, house painters

09/05/2016

Robin D.

It went very well. I would use them again. They removed the old fan, cut and reframed the hole to fit the pull down stairs; framed replaced and finished the drywall (the fan was square and larger across than the stairs which are rectangular). They ran wires and installed boxes for ceiling fans on the front porch. They did great work, David kept me informed every step of the way and. Frank was especially knowledgeable about old houses like mine. I was a little surprised at the price, but otherwise am very pleased!

Description of Work
I wanted to replace an old attic fan with pull down attic stairs and run wires and install boxes for 2 ceiling fans on the front porch.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, remodeling

05/12/2016

Al R.

It went very well. They found a few issues that were apparent initially and solved them. Had to move a bathroom sink, repaired a ceiling fan and more. Came on time and were extremely polite and professional. Importantly they kept us informed of the progress for th different projects. Completed the projects and the cost was very fair. We will hire them n the future.

Description of Work
They painted three rooms, tiled a bathroom, and installed a stair railing. There was a great deal of prep work for the painting due to the walls having been wall papered and the walls being plaster. Did a great job.

04/20/2016

Nancy H.

Everything we quite well. David and his crew began the three day job on the date we had agreed and stayed until it was completed.

Description of Work
This is the third or fourth time we've used David for work around our house. We can't recommend him highly enough. He is very professional and knowledgeable and can repair just about anything. He replaced damaged siding on the house, re-hung gutters and cleaned them and built a roof over an outdoor structure. We really appreciate everything he's done and would be happy to give him a good reference.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, siding

03/22/2016

Enrique G.

Very unprofessional. First had an appointment they didn't show up but showed up the next day unannounced. Had to follow up several times over 2 weeks before receiving quote. Was not the cheapest. I decided to hire them because they seem to know what they were talking about. They were going to put me on the schedule the following week. 3 weeks went by didn't hear back to get scheduled. Followed up a second time, was told owner was sick but they would call me the next day to schedule. 5 days later no call, had to follow up a third time. Owner sounded like he didn't want to be bothered, told me he would call me the following week to schedule. As of 3/22/16 it's been another 3 weeks no call, I will not follow up a forth time. This is frustrating and unprofessional. Stay away from them, unless you have an extremely profitable job.

Description of Work
Repair floor joist and beam. Raise floor.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

03/08/2016

Gordon M.

A windstorm blew off the fascia of our roof in the front of the house, although it was still dangling from the roof. My husband contacted David Kunak on a reference from Angie's List. He responded promptly and came out to see the problem within a day. He removed the broken fascia and made arrangements to replace it. He kept us informed of the progress of getting the replacement piece and exactly when he would be here. He completed the job in less than a week. He worked with an associate, Frank Ceva. When he was finished he was able to explain exactly what he did and showed me his work. He said that the original fascia was held up with only 3 nails and he nailed in more to make it secure. He also added nails to the other side of the roof so that we wouldn't have a problem there. Finally, he noticed a small hole at the pitch of the roof that he caulked while he was up there. The color of the new fascia matches beautifully and the job looks great. David does not go outside of Spartanburg (he says that he has more than enough work here) but if you live in this area, I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replaced front right fascia of our roof.

01/16/2016

Marc B.

David and his team did an excellent job! The wood repairs were done with a partner and that went very well - much better than we expected from the complexity of the work. Then the painting ended up looking outstanding. Pricing was reasonable, work was done on time and to our demanding expectations. Outstanding experience!

Description of Work
Extensive external home repairs on windows and woodwork, then brick cleaning and painting of all external wood surfaces.

01/06/2016

Diana F.

The provider came out on a Saturday and looked at my barn for a repair job. After taking measurements and making notes he told me he would get back to me with an estimate via email. I finally called the provider the Wednesday following after not receiving 1 phone call or email and was told he was out with a bad back, 2 workers quit etc.... Excuses. It's ok to not be able to take a job or have the manpower to do it but at least give a courtesy call or follow through on what you say you will do. If I have to call back to try to find out what the situation is then you have already muddied the water with me. Responsiveness is important and part of professionalism. I have noticed that excuse making and not responding is a pattern of complaints with this provider.

Description of Work
Came out and looked at my barn