Hilton Head Garage Doors

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2011

516 Brown's Cove Road Suite K Riverwalk

Ridgeland, SC 29936

Family owned & operated.Hilton Head Garage Doors and Beaufort Garage Doors was established in 2001 as a small, family owned and operated garage door company. We service all makes and models of garage doors and garage door openers. Our goal was simple – to provide the best customer service and treat

09/23/2017

Don B.

Called another company on Angie's List with 49 "A's" and a Superior Service rating. Had to talk to four different staff to finally get an appointment. Very dissatisfied. Called Tyler at Hilton Head Garage Door and got immediate, helpful advice before anyone even came out...which was the next day. Serviced by Mike, who did a stellar job and has an awesome work ethic. To register the door opener he even circled the website on the front of the manual, circled the model number, added the serial number, and added the "S.O. number." I've never had that kind of service. To register a product the buyer is almost always on their own. Awesome company!

Description of Work
Aging garage door opener broke

08/20/2017

lee C.

This was my first use of Angies list. I was very pleased with the quality and timeliness of Tyler and his crew. They answered my problem immediately and were prompt and on time when they did the work. I was a little shocked at the cost but I thought it was just my Genie door opener. It was more and when Tyler explained what it was I understood the cost of $300 was right....and fair. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I will use Angie's list from now on because of Tyler's response. Lee Cashin

Description of Work
garage door would not open

06/28/2017

Ray C.

Great! These folks do a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Replaced existing garage door. Very professional

06/21/2016

Douglas D.

Description of Work
Called them Thur. morning @ 8. There were here(on time), fixed the problem, charged what they quoted over the phone and were gone by 10AM. Local businesses could learn a lot from this company.

05/24/2016

Gere G.

Description of Work
Repairs on broken garage doors 3X.

05/24/2016

Gere G.

Description of Work
repairs on garage doors

04/23/2016

Linda L.

The technician arrived as promised. He inspected the doors, serviced the doors and showed us how to maintain the doors as we go forward. They operate perfectly now. We will definitely use them again and we will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We were experiencing some garage door shaking and vibration and we wanted to have it inspected and serviced.

11/24/2014

Sandra W.

They came when promised, seemed very knowledgable, and the new door looks great.

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door.

08/27/2014

Jack A.

Removed bracket, placed roller back in bracket and reattached bracket to door. Sprayed some lube on roller. Took two minutes and door working again.

Description of Work
One garage door roller came off the track.

03/30/2014

Connie P.

It took awhile to get my order correct. Then they had a bit of trouble getting the right lift package for me. The springs didn't come to lift my large door so they had to order more springs. But they stuck with it after calling in additional help to get it installed properly. It did cost more than I had expected to pay for a garage door but it does work well now. Bob was a very pleasant gentleman to work with.

03/19/2014

Tom F.

They provided a thorough explanation of the different types of doors and the various options and relevant pricing. They completed the work in a professional and timely manner.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door and garage door opener

02/04/2014

Theodora N.

Also, before that, they came to fix my old garage door twice in emergencies, and they were extremely responsive. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Installed a new wind-loaded Raynor Relante garage door with windows and replaced weather stripping.

01/06/2014

lou G.

Called on Friday and could not get my door open. they got my door open within the hour. the old door was very old and not fixable. Replace with new door on Monday. Very satisfied. You will not go wrong with this company. Very good to deal with

Description of Work
Installed new garage doorl

11/26/2013

Marjorie W.

I was surprised and pleased they could come out the day after I called. They called in the morning and gave me a window for arrival time. They arrived well within that time frame. The installation was quick. They explained how to work the system including programming which was new to me. They told me they were available should I need service in the future. I would definitely recommend Hilton Head Garage Door Company.

Description of Work
Installed a garage door opener and keypads inside and out

11/20/2013

Barbara S.

After making sure I was expert at operating the door, and after it was lubricated, I knew exactly what I faced and the prices, should the garage door need more attention. I would use this company and recommend Bob and Tyler to all in Sun City Hilton Head and the surrounding areas when garage door expertise is required. The personnel are polite, responsive, and charge the lowest possible fees, all the while preserving what still functions with the garage door. It was a pleasure to find this company on Angie's List.

Description of Work
I am the type of person who likes to fix things herself. I appreciated that Bob gave me tips over the phone, so that my Liftmaster garage door ceased going up & part way down continuously. For instance, the curved light bulbs sold in stores don't work in the operator on the garage door lift. One needs to put in an old fashioned light bulb. Just getting the cover off was hard enough ! He told me how to adjust the sensors and many other helpful hints. Tyler dropped by to make sure I was okay with the door, and charged me $35 for lubricating it. Tyler also gave me important instructions, as well as outlined what may lie ahead if the 14 year old door decides not to cooperate...his motto fit with mine, not to replace if something was still workable.

08/27/2013

David C.

It went well, no issues, in fact, when I first called he told me to go to the garage with the phone and describe the door opener and he took me through some steps in an effort to fix it myself without requiring his assistance. When I couldn't fix it he gave me a day and time of arrival, when he was running late he called to say so and gave me a new time. Was great.

Description of Work
Installed 3 bolts to secure hinging mechanism that prevented the door from opening and closing. He also serviced the door by lubricating it.

07/18/2013

Jack A.

Showed up on time. Very professional. Quickly installed three self tapping screws to secure connecting arm to garage door. Job took less than three minutes. Sprayed lube on rollers and springs. Cost of $109 seemed high for such a quick job but no idea what oosts should be for this type of repair. Just happy to get the job done. Would recommend company.

Description of Work
Installed three screws to secure arm to door.

04/13/2013

Joan M.

From our first call of inquiry through final installation we were impressed with the professionalism, knowledge, and expertise of everyone connected with Hilton Head Garage Doors. It was clear they were interested in what we wanted, not what they wanted to sell. They were prompt, informative, and sold and installed the new door, opener, remotes, and keypad. Everything was on time as scheduled. When they arrived to take out the old door and install the new they brought everything they needed, got the job done, programmed everything for us and explained all the features, then left with the garage as clean or cleaner than it was when they came.

Description of Work
Our old garage door and opener were examined and evaluated. We were given options to repair what we had or purchase new. We ordered a new door and opener. They removed the old door and opener and installed the new ones.

02/11/2013

thomas B.

tech was very professional,courteous and on time. explained everything pertinent to his service.

Description of Work
tune up garage door system

08/03/2012

Cathy B.

Worked fast and completed work on time.

Description of Work
Replaced broken springs on garage door.

07/16/2012

Jan A.

As I backed out of the garage, the pull rope that disconnects the garage door opener got caught on the roof rack of the vehicle. The door became disconnected from the opener, and fell to the ground. Luckily, I pulled the car forward enough to miss the door. Paul quickly diagnosed that the current springs were not the proper size to hold the door, and the door wasn't properly balanced. Within a short time, he had new springs on and was showing me how it now will stay up after disconnecting the opener. Much safer. I was extremely pleased with their responsiveness, courtesy, service and price.

Description of Work
replaced springs with heavier duty springs

07/08/2011

rebecca S.

However even when Bob understood that I'm outside of their service area, he still wanted to help me. He did a great job of troubleshooting over the phone. I think the problem is solved, saving me a service call. He was very nice and very helpful. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Phone call only. This company does not service my area.

04/01/2011

Henry N.

Hilton Head Garage Doors came promptly. They did the job. They left quietly. It was perfect and it worked. I had no problems.

Description of Work
Hilton Head Garage Doors fixed my garage.

02/12/2011

Henry N.

I called last night after locating this vendor on Angieslist. The owner said he would call about 9:30 this morning to let me know when a repairman would come. Bob called at 9:15 and said his man, Paul, would be here between 9:30 and 10:30. Paul was here on time, did the job efficiently and was gone in 30 minutes. In short, the called when they said they would, they showed up when they said they would, did the job and charged what they said they would. What more can you ask?

Description of Work
Repaired garage door by replacing the broken spring.

01/12/2011

THOMAS W.

Serviceman Paul adjusted the chain, which got it operating smoothly again. Also lubed the roller bearings and the chain. Showed me how to check the door for loose hardware. Also recommended a belt-driven model when I replace this one, which is pretty old.

Description of Work
Garage door had been noisy, re-opened (bounced back up) after closing. I called for inspection around 2 PM, and serviceman showed up at 5 PM.

Check, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available, Discover, American Express

Sales, service and repais of garage doors and garage door openers. We are the only authorized Raynor Garage door dealer in the Lowcounty and are dealers for Liftmaster garage door operner. We service all makes and models of garage doors and openers, we can repair all sizes of garage door springs and are happy to offer parts to include remotes, keypads, sensor lights etc. We are also the area dealer for the new Breezy Screen garage screen system. WE ARE FULLY INSURED TO INCLUDE WORKER'S COMP.