Handyman Connection of Mount Pleasant

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2007

2154 N Center St Ste D 416

North Charleston, SC 29406

With over 20 years of experience in providing top quality home improvement and repair services, and backed by satisfaction our competitors can't match, isn't it time to give us a call? Whether you have small or large projects for the interior or exterior, we offer the quality you expect and the

04/16/2022

Kaye O.

Lance did a great job. We will definitely use your company again and request him for future jobs. He pays attention to details in his work. Thank you for a job well done.

Description of Work
Replaced rotten wood, power washed, and painted deck and railings,

Category decks, electrician, handyman service, house painters

You're very welcome, [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for letting us know that Lance did a great job with your home improvement to-do list. It was our pleasure to help, and we're just a phone call away if you need our services again! Trevor, Owner of Handyman Connection

11/23/2021

Robert C.

Vinny did a great job installing the lights, especially because the location and design of some of the lights made installation tricky. Vinny took the time to do the job right and was very professional.

Description of Work
Installation of new exterior lighting

Category contractors, electrician, lighting

09/28/2020

Michael C.

Never Provided quote despite coming to house taking measurements and following up

Description of Work
Various renovations and repairs

Category handyman service, remodeling, siding, house painters, cabinet refacing

04/21/2020

Johnson C.

Bernard came as promised and spent time to figure out how to accomplish the replacement of damaged window screens before he even gave a quote. He was very understanding about my having to work with the insurance company and getting their approval first. And was willing to work to insure the job was done right when he saw from a different viewpoint his first attempt wasn't right. Very personable individual.

Description of Work
Replacement of damaged window screens.

Category screen repair, cabinet refacing

12/13/2019

Monica W.

Great service, fair pricing and very professional.

Description of Work
Multiple service

10/31/2019

Tamra M.

Very Good. The team was prompt, professional and did great work. Thank you!

Description of Work
Drywall, replace piece on stair railing, counter repair

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

10/22/2019

Margaret C.

great! Preston was professional, he did exceptional work and had creative solutions to our challenges.

Description of Work
repair fencing damaged by storm and age

Category fencing, handyman service

08/08/2019

Jane B.

Extremely well. Knowledgeable and professional. High quality work.

Description of Work
General interior and exterior work for selling home

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, siding, woodworking

09/21/2018

Alexander C.

The Handyman was extremely kind and professional. Would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan Install

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review! Please contact again for any of you home repair, service or remodeling needs. We look forward to being of service again for you!

02/13/2018

Denise C.

I have used Handyman Connection for three jobs now and couldn't be more pleased. My front door needed to be replaced and Mark, the carpenter, did a fantastic job taking out the old door and fitting in the new one. I will be calling for more work to be done in the future.

Description of Work
Replace front door

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Thank you for the review! We will be sure to let Mark know! Once again thank you for your business and we will always be here for your home improvement needs. -Handyman Connection Charleston

08/18/2017

Christine S.

He did a good job or I wouldn't have called him back. It took him longer than he thought it would on the shingles job, because he actually had to come back but he didn't charge us more. I know the cost was very reasonable because I think we checked with a couple other people and his was the most reasonable. He did a good job because they're still holding up good. The cost wouldn't have been overly expensive. We called him back to do the door installation.

Description of Work
He did some work on the shingles on the front of the house. He painted too.

Category roofing, house painters

08/18/2017

Christine S.

They did good. It took a little longer than he thought because he had to get some extra screws and things but we got charged one set price and that's all it was. He did the shingles first on a different visit after a storm we visit and then we had him back for the door because he did a good job. I liked his price and quality of work.

Description of Work
They installed a door for us. They hung a storm door on the back of the house.

Category doors

Work was not provided by Handyman Connection. Please make sure that whom ever you hire to provide projects at your home that they are; Licensed ( General Liability & Worker Comp), Bonded and Insured. We're glad that your project turned out well.

08/10/2017

Mike J.

Work was done, quality adequate. Time management was below average. Seemed like communication with dispatch office needs a lot of work. Office made commitments I knew the tech couldn't fulfill. Not a real problem since I communicated well with him.

Description of Work
Repainting, rescreening, sheetrock repair.

Category drywall, handyman service, screen repair, house painters, interior painters

We appreciate your feed back here at Handyman Connection Charleston and we strive to improve every day. We will review our process here at the Handyman Connection Office to insure that we provide the best customer service possible. Thank you for taking the time to review Handyman Connection Charleston and hope to hear from you soon! Handyman Connection Charleston

08/09/2017

Denise C.

I was very pleased with the work they did to replace my glass sliding door. The new door was not the same size as the old one and I was pleased with how they did the woodwork to blend it in.

Description of Work
They replaced my glass sliding door.

Category handyman service, doors

Thank you for the wonderful review! We will be sure to let the craftsman know that you were pleased with their work. Handyman Connection Charleston

07/07/2017

Elizabeth L.

They came over; he was a very pleasant man to work with. He asked me a number of questions. He looked at other rooms in the house and told us that before he would consider doing anything, he would require a statement from a lead detaching company stating that the rooms he would be working in did not contain lead paint and a separate statement from a mold eradication company stating that the house no longer contained any mold. He gave us contacts. We contacted them and just one of them wanted over $3000.00 and at the time if I had that done plus other requirements; there was no way I would be able to have him do anything. We said that so sorry. We just were not able to meet these criteria. That was the end of it. They were prompt were very knowledgeable; yet because they extended their criteria to the house and not to the room, they had requirements outside of any possibly of us hiring them. I have every reason to believe they would again, have so many requirements. It makes not cost effective for us. We can't get it done because they require the whole house to be redone before they would do that.

Description of Work
They were a contractor that came out to our house. What we were wanting done was work on our study. We wanted to replace a wall that was covered with like a Formica sheet, like you would put on a counter top. The previous owners put it on a wall when they sectioned a garage off to make the study. I wanted the dry wall. I wanted the Formica stuff taken off and dry wall on. I wanted the attic access door replace because water damage. They provided an inspection for a wall covering replaced with drywall and an attic pull down stairway access replaced and the room painted. They didn't even give an estimate because of their requirements of our house being certified as no mold and no lead.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for educating our customers and potential customers on the importants of "Mold Remediation" and " Lead Law." The Owner of Handyman Connection was your contact person, who had gone to your home to estimate the work that you wanted done. The Owner of Handyman Connection is " Lead Certified," he was able to provide you with the "Lead Test" on the spot for the cost of $128.00. Lead Law is a Federal Law, a Nationwide Law. Heavy fines and jail time to any contractor who does not provide a "Lead Test" on or prior to a home being built; 1978. This is for your protection and the craftsman that is providing the work. Estimates can not be provided if Lead Testing is not done. If Lead Test was performed, the Estimator can move forward with the estimate. If the home appears "Negative" in the area that the craftsman is to perform the work, the estimate will stand as a normal estimate, If the home appears "Positive" steps and disposal of material and debris are to be handled differently within the home and out; cost will become higher. As for the "Mold Remediation" there must have been signs of odor or visual evidence that would make the Owner of Handyman Connection concerned. Please be aware, if Mold is present you are not to disturb the spores that are present; these spores are LIVE and will cause illness sometimes fatal to a humans health. Handyman Connection is not Licensed or Certified in " Mold Remediation." We refer our customers to a Company that is Certified and LIcensed to do so. I hope this information helps. We strive to give our customers great craftsmanship, service and wellness during their projects.

06/26/2017

Jerry K.

Did a great job hanging barn door hardware. Very professional. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Hang barn door hardware

Category handyman service

Thank you! We appreciate the great feedback. We look forward to connecting with you again! Handyman Connection Charleston

06/25/2017

Victoria N.

My first handyman was an hour late showing up. However he still did a good job fixing the disposal. All other handymen from this company have been on time and all have done an excellent job.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal.

Category plumbing

Handyman Connection can not say it never happens; a craftsmsan being late to a scheduled appointment. (97% of the our appointments are on time). There are many factors of tartiness here in the Tri- County of Charleston.- TRAFFIC! It also could have been that the craftsman had a much larger issue at his prior project he was at. This being said, all our Craftsmen are to call their customers to let them know that they are or will be running late. If that was not provided, we do apologize. We are so pleased that you approved our work and would work with Handyman Connection in the near future. Thank you for keeping us posted on the time lapse of your appointment. It can only make us better by addressing issues with our staff. Have a wonderful day!

06/08/2017

Talmadge B.

It was good. They did the job that they were suppose to do. It would be positive. The price was a little higher than I thought it would be. The box said 6-8 people and 2 people did it so it was a complicated job. They did a really really really sturdy good job. We wanted something where the first high wind wouldn't knock it over. They did an excellent job so I would have to give them an A on the job they did. To me I thought the price was a little high. They did do the job in one day, and they were suppose to be here at 10 and they did not get through until 7-7:30 in the evening. They called me before that they were on their way. They got back to me and any questions I asked they gave me the answer for what I needed to know. They were nice guys. Not too talkative but they were busy. Which is good they were professionals they wanted to get things done. Afterwards they did a little more talking but they wanted to get the job done.

Description of Work
We bought a hard top gazebo, and it needed to be put together or built. It had a real roof. That is what they did.

Category handyman service

Thank you for the great review. Handyman Connection appreciates your feed back and will be sure to let the craftsman that did your work know that you were satisfied with their work. Customer satisfaction is of great importance to Handyman Connection and we thank you again for taking the time to write this review. Handyman Connection Team

05/14/2017

Ann W.

The wood on one of the doors on our shed was rotting. When Larry came to give the estimate I was surprised to learn that he would have to rebuild the whole door because of the materials that were used on the original. He arrived on time - actually early - went to the store to get his materials then built the door and painted it within a couple hours or so. It matches the other door perfectly and it fits better than the original door. Larry was very professional and took pride in his work.

Description of Work
Replace door on shed

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Thank you for taking the time, to write a review on our company. I will be passing your appreciation to Larry regarding his work ethic and that your satisfied with his work. He is definitely a very talented guy. Thank you for choosing Handyman Connection, please let us know if we may be of assistance in the future. Handyman Connection team member.

05/01/2017

Jared K.

Came out for estimate and never followed up with a quote. I tried contacting the handyman but got no response

Description of Work
Carpentry, ceiling tiles,

Category handyman service, woodworking

[Member Name Removed] My sincere apology, I have looked into your account and see where a quote was sent by email, perhaps it is in spam or junk folder. The gentle man that came out is no longer part of our company and if you have been calling his cell number this is why no one has contacted you back. I will resend the email of the quote to you today and if your willing to discuss the quote with Steve. Please call out office at 843-529-9400 ext 2. Again I am very sorry for the first gentleman slack.

04/19/2017

Shavona M.

Per the representative that contacted me, I was advised they did not have anyone in the area. I am not sure what that meant; however it was a little disappointing as they did not ask much about project: Timeline Work start date To send someone at a later date to bid the job

Description of Work
Exterior: Insulation under house Porch railing (Front/back) Fix siding Fence Yard Paint House and fence Interior Repair Wood Flooring- 2 repairs needed Original Bathroom update: Floor/tub tile; Vanity Bar Area- Flooring Kitchen- Counter tops; Cabinets; Dishwasher replacement

Category handyman service

Hello Sorry you felt that the representative was not forth coming with questions or concerned about your project. At this time we do not have a craftsman serving the [Member Information Removed] zip code. Our craftsman provide us with the zip codes that they service in the [Member Information Removed] area. Our representative assumed you were looking for someone right away to fix these minor issues, so you could put the house up for sale. This is why she did not go into detail on a project time line. Since we have received your feedback on the call. We will be having a meeting this morning with that representative to inform her she needs to take time and ask more questions and not assume any facts for a customer. Thank you and again we are sorry that we are unable to help at this time with your project. Thank you for your feedback and contacting Handyman Connection.

04/11/2017

Dulaney W.

It was fine, and they did what they needed to do. It was reasonably priced. The work was done at our rental property.

Description of Work
....

04/05/2017

James V.

He did the inspection and that went well. They came back with a estimate however that was outrageous and I will not be having them do the work.

Description of Work
He did a fluorescent light inspection for me.

Category electrician

[Member Name Removed] Very sorry you felt this way regarding our technician and the pricing, he found that your home has a low voltage wiring issue. He priced the work for repairing the low voltage wiring issue. He came out on a Saturday which is not a normal workday, as when you spoke with our office, you was wanting same day service at 4:30 in the afternoon. She was being very patient and trying to get as much information as possible for the technician and sending him out on a Saturday. He diagnosed your issue and told you what he found at no charge to you on a Saturday. The issue was not with the light fixture like you explained to the office but instead a low voltage wire coming in the home. We are sorry you felt the estimate was too high. Thank you for contacting Handyman Connection.

02/20/2017

Maureen R.

Cabinets on both sides of dishwasher were rotted and needed replacement. He called Lowes, picked up replacements, did the repairs, and installed the dishwasher all on the same day. He had to do electrical, plumbing, and carpentry work and was capable of all aspects of the job. When the dishwasher failed after only a week, he came back to check it. GE found that it was a sensor not connected properly from factory-not the handyman's fault.

Description of Work
Originally, I needed a new dishwasher installed and some repair work to interior cabinets.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, cabinet refacing

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate the time that you spent doing so. We at Handyman Connection of Charleston are pleased that your experience was an "A" rating. We strive to reach that HIGH LETTER grade. We share your reviews with the craftsman that serviced you in your project along with the entire TEAM to keep high standards on workmanship and skill. Looking forward to working with you again!

12/13/2016

Robert C.

The first visit was great. We discussed the job in detail and he promised to provide an estimate in 2-3 days. Nothing. A month later he called and said he was ready. Too late

Description of Work
Small repairs to exterior of the house and replace a door.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Sorry for the delay in responding to your statement on being unhappy with Handyman Connection. Having conversation with the craftsman per your "estimate" that was provided. Also, concerns with the original scheduled appointment. The craftsman that arrived at your home to replace an exterior door and Soffit is a highly skilled qualified Craftsman. I am sure that you experienced by speaking with him, his knowledge toward the work that needed to be done. The workmanship is top notch and there are NO cutting corners in doing a job. At the end of the day we all have to sleep at night. It was suggested to purchase a pre-fab door at one of the local box stores and dismantle it and build it out to fit. Handyman Connection's craftsman was in search for the correct door and had the office staff search companies for the door with the correct measurements . It was stated that you, the customer were taken by other contractors in the past and you called Handyman Connection to fix the issues that came about job(s) being done poorly or incorrect. Well...you called the right company; Handyman Connection. I am sorry it took 3 weeks in providing you an estimate on the door. There are times the craftsmen and the office of Handyman Connection wait on Sales Reps from companies we purchase from, on material estimates. Constant phone calls, followups are done. Please if you don't hear from the office or Craftsman, do your do diligence, contact the office and we'll work to get the answers you need. We are here to serve not disappoint. The Owners of Handyman Connection will take this negative and share it with the Craftsmen and Office Staff so we are better aware of the response time on all Quotes. We are thankful for expressing and realizing the professionalism that you've experience with your craftsman at your initial appointment. I hope you'll give Handyman Connection another try.