Shade and Shutter Expo

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2010

3147 Fred Nash Blvd

Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Shade and Shutter expo provides design, measuring and installation for blinds, shades, plantation shutters and bahama shutters, awnings ,hurricane protection and solar /porch shades. Additional email - julie@shadeandshutterexpo.com. Additional contact name - Julie Fergus.

11/12/2018

Paul H.

They were professional, pleasant & helpful throughout the process. We just purchased a new house & needed everything. The people in the showroom were very helpful showing us the variety of window/door treatments available. They didn't push expensive options when we had no interest. They came to the house & did all the measurements. We chose different options for various rooms and received an exact price quote. We changed one room - way too expensive with what we picked out - no problem. The order was placed & we were given an estimate for when they would be able to install. They were ready as promised and two installers came to the house and had everything finished that same day. All in all - 17 windows of various sizes, a sliding patio door and a front entrance door. We are happy with all & will go back to Shade & Shutter Expo for our next projects - patio awning & hurricane shutters.

Description of Work
Window/Door coverings for entire house

Category window treatments

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you are happy with the product you chose and our service. We look forward to working with you again soon. Please let your friends and family know about Shade & Shutter Expo when they need something.

10/01/2018

Myra M.

Outstanding from my first contact on Angie’s List. The service was prompt and efficient. The awning works perfectly and looks great. I’m very pleased.

Description of Work
Awning installed over new deck.

Category awnings

02/06/2018

Sandy R.

Eric was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, kind and patient.

Description of Work
Needed help with choosing the right product for my windows and final installation

12/18/2017

Raffia S.

Very well The order was taken by a professional individual and the installation was professionals done.

Description of Work
Awning outside glassed in room.

Category awnings

12/04/2017

LARRY S.

Unbelievably well. Installers were professional, Shades were made to specifications, and the work was done on time. The installers told me that the shades were made at their warehouse, fantastic quality.

Description of Work
Solar shades

12/04/2017

Jon R.

Went awesome! Had hurricane protection installed and solar shades our beautiful home! They did a amazing job! Installers were on time and very kind! I would recommend this company to everyone!

Description of Work
Installation of my hurricane protection and my shades!

Category window treatments, solar panels, hurricane shutters

11/13/2017

Lois A.

The salesman was professional and courteous. He gave us great advice. Waiting for the job estimate but even if we don't use them they were top shelf.

Description of Work
We had an estimate for hurricane protection.

Category window treatments, hurricane shutters

10/28/2017

Billy S.

While they may be a bit expensive, we really do enjoy the shades!!! Shade & Shutter Expo is excellent at what they do and extremely professional & helpful. They are friendly and awesome at their job!

Description of Work
We had 2 additional shades put on our screened porch. There were already 4 shades.

10/24/2017

Ira G.

Awesome. We found Shade and Shutter Expo online and decided to check them out. Our in store experience was excellent and we made an appointment for Eric to come to our home to measure. Eric was just wonderful. He was very knowledgable and helpful in steering us through numerous options. We decided on plantation shutters in our kitchen nook, dining room, family room and master bedroom. Shades went into the master bath and home office. Product and installation pricing was fair for the quality we were getting. Now we just had to wait. So fast forward to yesterday, October 23rd. Eric, and his assistant Eric Jr. just left our home after installing the shutters and shades. They look fantastic. With Eric’s direction every decision we made was perfect. We could not be happier with Eric and Shade and Shutter Expo.

Description of Work
Had plantation shutters installed in four rooms and shades in two others.

Category window treatments

Thank you very much for the great feedback ! We so glad you are happy with your new window treatments - we work very hard at trying to make sure you get exactly what you want for your home. Enjoy them!

10/18/2017

Angie L.

Danny Fergus and his staff at Shade and Shutter Expo were wonderful to work with. They were very professional and helped me find the right product for my needs. Because I had so many shutters, we had to make two installation dates. Each time, Danny Fergus and his staff arrived on time and installed my shutters quickly. The installation was a breeze. My shutters are beautiful. I admire them every time I walk in my house and every time I look out the window. I would recommend to everyone to give this company a call. I am very happy with the quality and price of my shutters. Mostly, I am happy with the service that Shade and Shutter Expo provided. They are an excellent company to work with.

Description of Work
I had Plantation Shutters installed on every window of my house.

10/14/2017

Sharon M.

It was a terrible nightmare dealing with Danny Fergus! I think the installers were nice and helpful, but that is the only good thing I can say about that company! I wish I had a roof built over my deck instead of that crappy awning, which probably have cost less than the awning.. There is no possible way I would ever do business with Shade & Shutter Expo again!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I didn't have $4547.50 invested, I'd remove the awning and throw it in the garbage.

Description of Work
If you are thinking about buying a retractable awning for your home, think hard & long & do NOT do it! Regrettably I purchased a retractable awning from Shade & Shutter Expo on 7/6/17 & was only able to use it for 32 days before the support arms broke, making it inoperable. I paid $250 extra for a motion sensor, which was a total waste of money. It had rained earlier in the day on 8/7/17, but while I was on my deck the sun was shining w/ slight breeze when there was a loud noise the right arm twisted & flipped over, thus the malfunction caused the left arm to break as well. Danny Fergus inspected the damage on 7/9/17 and summed it up as customer stupidity. He had to climb up on my roof to retrieve the faulty motion sensor. The company accepted ZERO responsibility. The manufacturer, Future Guard, allotted a 25% discount on the repair parts, which lowered the cost to $412.50. On 8/25/17 installers attempted to replace the damaged parts only to find that they were missing parts. Finally on 9/5/17 the repairs were completed, but not without problems--the new sensor didn't work properly at first. The entire ordeal, especially the frustrating dealings with Shade and Shutter staff, have left me completely disillusioned. It took me over 3 weeks after repairs were made before I could bring myself to even open the awning. It made several popping sounds so I ended up closing it again. Since then it has only been opened for no more than 10 minutes. I spoke with Future Guard Research & Development personnel and was told that if you can't read the newspaper sitting under your awning without the newspaper rattling then the breeze is too strong to have the awning open! There is usually a breeze in Myrtle Beach so this is not an ideal location to have an awning.

Category awnings, window treatments

Ms. [Member Name Removed] - I'm sorry you are still not happy with your awning. As we , and the manufacturer, have tried to explain to you ,leaving the awning out in a heavy rain will cause the arms to break as they are not designed to hold the weight of that amount of rain water. We understand it was an accident. Due to storm damage from heavy rains, it is an insurance claim not a manufacturer warranty claim, Unfortunately , that storm came up quickly , and you where not able to get the awning retracted before "the rain tore up your awning" as you told our answering service. We provided you with the manufacturers(Futureguard) contact information and they explained to you that it was not a warranty issue. We also had the manufacturer's rep for our area to call you and he explained to you the same thing. He was able to get us an additional 25% off the cost of the replacement part, which we only charged you our cost ,and we did not charge you for any trip charges or labor charges when we replaced the parts. We install many of these all over the Grand Strand area and always stand behind the product and service.

09/01/2017

DaveOgnek O.

Pleasant experience from the start. Everyone helpful and friendly. Shades delivered before promised. Installer was courteous and friendly and made extra effort to finish job to a tee. Shades doing as advertised and the sizing and installation are flawless.

Description of Work
Solar shades installed in sun room.

08/31/2017

Claudia C.

Very well - they look terrific and are easy to use.

Description of Work
We had shades installed on screened in porch to block sunlight.

08/29/2017

Roger H.

Shades were delivered on time. We were called for an installation appointment when the shades were ready. The installation went quickly, the crew of 3 were professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Install roll-down shades on back porch.

Category window treatments

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] - We are glad you happy with your shades! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

08/13/2017

Sherry K.

Appointment was scheduled and estimate provided by Herman Fillingane. Aspects of the job were carefully explained by Mr. Fillingane. Our expected installation date of 8 weeks was pretty disappointing, however there was a silver lining in this projection. It took only 5 weeks for our solar shades to be installed! Robert Vehec professionally installed our two solar shades this past week, we are thrilled and much cooler on our screened in porch!

Description of Work
Purchase and Installation of Solar Shades on our Screened In Porch

Category window treatments

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed] - we are glad you are already enjoying those solar shades !

07/30/2017

Charlie W.

The screen itself is great and does the intended job. The installation was less than desired. We have bronze framing members on the screened-in porch. We got a bronze solar screen. Hardware used by the installers was white. I will have to go to the hardware store to find replacement items. Not happy with the installation work and at this point, am unlikely to use this company again.

Description of Work
Solar screen installation on screened-in patio.

Category window treatments, solar panels

Good Morning Mr. [Member Name Removed] - I apologize for the wrong color fascia you received. I just left a message on Diane's voicemail to get this rectified.I reviewed the order and the bronze was ordered but came in the wrong color. I'm sorry we missed it . Please call when you can so we can get this fixed for you. Julie Fergus owner Shade & Shutter Expo 843-293-3976

02/03/2017

Kathy O.

When we ordered them we were informed that they were made right there in the factory behind the store. Everything was explained to us and Herman came to our home and measured and within 2 1/2 weeks Danny came to install. They were both very professional . We had four , chocolate brown, solar shades with tracks and fascia and window treatment installation included for a total of $1600.

Description of Work
We had such a wonderful experience dealing with shade and shutter expo from the moment we stepped into the show room and met Herman till Danny came and installed our shades. We were looking for shades on our sunporch and we must say they are absolutely gorgeous.

Category

Thank you for the great review ! We are happy that you are delighted with our service and your shades.

11/26/2016

Pat E.

The people in the showroom were very helpful.The person that gave us the estimate was very informative and helpful in selecting the shutters. The installer called because he wanted to start earlier that scheduled.He showed up and did an excellent job installing.He took the time to show us the most productive use of the shutters.

Description of Work
Sold and installed Plantation shutters in our home.

11/06/2016

Jeffrey B.

The salesman was knowledgeable and help us make the right color choice. If we had selected the color we wanted we would not have been able to see outside with the shades down. The installers arrived on time and were friendly and courteous. Our new shades look and work great and do exactly what they were intended to do, which was shade us from the sun while still providing us with the view we enjoy from our screened in patio.

Description of Work
We ordered motorized solar shades for our patio.

11/05/2016

Jerry C.

Product quality was excellent, service was prompt and professional, customer service top notch!! We love it and have now ordered another product from Shade and Shutter Expo!

Description of Work
We had a retractable screen installed on an exterior door to improve air circulation and get bugs out!

Category doors

10/16/2016

John R.

There was a $75. trip charge and if I had used their 12 AA batteries, I would have been charged an additional $20. I felt this was a pricey service charge, but Eric was able to correct additional problems that Shades & Draperies had not been responsive to since I purchased the Silhouetes from them last October. Therefore, I was extremely satisfied with this service and felt it was money well-spent. Eric's skills - factory trained - made all the difference and his willingness to explain what he was doing so I could understand was a big plus. |

Description of Work
The batteries were replaced in my Hunter Douglas Power View Silhouette shades, using my own batteries.

10/16/2016

Frances B.

Good people. Will deal with them again.

Description of Work
Shade and Shutter measured for, made, and installed 4 porch shades.

09/23/2016

robert D.

Went extremely well. Technicians were courteous, efficient and helpfful. Great Job.

Description of Work
replacing a two window hurricane shutter

Category window treatments, hurricane shutters

08/08/2016

Thomas C.

Everything was great from the salesman to the installers. Excellent

Description of Work
Fabricated and installed motorized garage screen door

Category garage doors

07/22/2016

Becky & Craig A.

The whole experience was easy & pain-free, we saw an AD in the newspaper & visited the showroom. The inside sales rep. was helpful. Both appointments (measure & install) were smooth, punctual & as expected. Delivery was sooner than estimated, entire staff was nice & easy to work.

Description of Work
Installation of sunshade on a large (8') sliding glass door.

Category awnings, doors

The Gutter Gorilla

The Gutter Gorilla, strives to give top end customer service at a middle end price, treating each of our customers kindly, professionally, and with the best materials and products available from the first phone call to the final walk through when the work is completed. Ask us why, why we install what we do, why we install the way we do! Call today! The Gutter Gorilla offers seamless gutters, leaf guards, Impact and non-impact Replacement Windows to Charleston tri-county and along the coast extending to our location in Myrtle/North Myrtle Beach. We are the Coastal South Carolina gutter company.

Offers Coupon

A Team Doors

Here at A-Team Doors and Windows, we take pride in our professionalism and attention to detail. We emphasize our business structure on pleasing our clients and gaining a friendly rapport with everybody we come in contact with. Our team has years of experience and we strive for perfection no matter how big or small the job may be. We offer very competitive quotes and accurate deadlines. If you’re looking for quality work at a quality price done by quality people, then you’ve come to the right place and we’d love to have you on board!

Myrtle Beach Gutter Techs

We are a locally family owned business located in Myrtle Beach, SC. We service Horry and Georgetown counties with top notch service. With a combined twenty years of experience in the industry we strive to provide the best service with attention to detail and pride in our work. A list of references can be provided from builders, property managers and home owners upon request. Please visit our website @myrtlebeachguttertechs.com for more details

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available