A & A Builders Inc

521 Pine Dr

Myrtle Beach, SC 29575

06/23/2014

Jacqueline M.

Description of Work
Great work thank you!!

Category flooring contractor, interior painters

07/03/2013

Cornell G.

The work was completed ahead of schedule, about 2 months ahead of time. A&A kept us informed weekly on all aspects of the work. He gave advice and suggestions on how work was to be done. He found the subcontractor with the best price and the work was done excellent. Also, I had some of my own materials for the house and he had no problem using my material. As for the budget for building the house, A&A was exceptional because even though we made changes, he still came within the budget. He is reliable, dependble, loyal, problem solver, and he goes out of the way to meet your requests. With us in Virginia and building our house in South Carolina, he made it easy and handle all problems. I will definitely use him again and refer him to everyone I know.

Description of Work
General Contractor for building of our new house.

Category home builders

02/18/2013

Daniel Y.

They took up the carpet throughout the condo and installed chestnut colored laminate flooring. They also replaced the carpet on the stairs with pine treads and stained the treads to match the laminate flooring. I really can't say enough about how good the job these guys did was. From the day Ernie gave me the initial estimate (which matched the final price to the penny) to the day they finished the job took a little over a week. They originally estimated the job itself would take 3 days, but were able to finish in 2. These guys did everything they said they were going to do in the exact time frame they said they would do it, left the worksite cleaner than it was when they arrived - and their price easily beat those of the other contractors I got bids from. I was originally concerned that the laminate flooring would be noisy, particularly because the sub-floor wasn't particularly level and had both high and low spots in it, as well as several squeaky spots. A & A was able to level out the sub-floor and repair the squeaky spots in it before installing the new laminate. The floor looks fantastic and is now both quiet and level. I would definitely use A & A again.

Description of Work
I recently purchased an investment condo in Little River that was in terrible shape when I bought it. After getting bids from several flooring contractors I selected A & A Builders to do the job.

Category flooring contractor

01/06/2013

Robin O.

We were so lucky to have these responsible and honest guys do the improvements to our condo. They did our laminate flooring, drywall repair, painting of the entire condo and most recently installation of our patio sliding door and storm door. We are from out of town over 500 miles away and they did all the work on the floors and painting while we were not present. They consistently contacted us with all estimates, any issues they ran into, and sent us photos of progress. When we arrived at our condo after work was completed, we were so pleased with the quality of the work. Our floors are gorgeous and the painting job on the inside was professionally done and perfect. They took the bad shape foreclosure property that we purchased and turned it into our dream vacation condo. On top of doing great work, they are super nice guys. When we drove down for the first time to our condo, we contacted A&A to ask them to stop by so that we could pay them the final payment for the work. Well, we were moving our furniture into the condo and my husband managed to pull out his back. We had a uhaul truck full of furniture and my husband couldn't begin to get the big pieces up the stairs. Needless to say, these nice guys who we never met before that day, carried our very large heavy pieces up a steep flight of 12 stairs. They did this for us without hestiation. That is just the kind of nice guys they are. Most recently, we contacted them again asking for their help with installation of a new sliding glass patio door and storm door. Again, we were so lucky that they took the time to squeeze us into their schedule to do the work while we would be in town. The work was done very professionally and we are so very pleased with the doors. This company has some of the nicest, down to earth, honest guys around and we will not hesitate to contact them again for any of our remodeling or construction projects. We highly recommend them and we want to thank Ernie and Sam for their kindness to us and their great workmanship. Being from out of town, it was a bit scary to hire contractors without knowing the people or without meeting and discussing the work. This company made it easy and we feel fortunate that we chose them to do all of our work on the condo. A&A Builders is a great company and Ernie and Sam.....You guys are the best ! We sincerely thank you for a job well done.

Description of Work
In spring of 2012, the following work was performed: Removal of carpeting and flooring and installation of laminate flooring throughout entire condo Repair of drywall and painting of entire condo Painting of all trim within the condo In January 2013, the following work was performed: Installation of front storm door Installation of Patio Sliding Glass Door At this point, I can't remember the exact amount of all the work combined, so the estimate above might not be exact. I do know that all of the prices we paid for products and services was very, very reasonable and the quality of work was top notch.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/28/2012

Frederick S.

Great!!! They were in and out.

Description of Work
I wanted and outdoor shed built so I could store outdoor tools in. I had a & a builders come out and price it for me. They made the shed looked like it was a part of the house they wrapped it and vinyl siding to match my house and trimmed it out it was a great experience. It is exactly what I wanted I did not want neighbors to noticed an outdoor shed it just looks like the part of my house. Love it!!!! Thanks A&A

Category decks, fencing, flooring contractor, woodworking, home remodeling

11/20/2012

bruce P.

They came on time--Took four hours--Left the job site clean--Would recommend and will use on all upcoming jobs.

Description of Work
Installed wood flooring

Category flooring contractor

10/30/2012

KAREN B.

I called and got an answering machine. Left a message indicating what work I wanted done. No one ever returned my call.

Description of Work
I wanted to replace sliding glass doors in my master bedroom with patio doors.

Category replacement windows, doors

I always return all calls I was out of country for two weeks on vacation and my phone was phone was out of service

12/14/2011

Kathleen H.

I recently purchased a 2600 sq foot home that had been completely gutted and the contractor who had given me an estimate to remodel it was not able to do the job. My husband was still in Virginia, and I was on my own. Thank goodness for Ernie and Sam! They did all the carpentry work, both rough studs and finish carpentry. They repaired my 50 years old floors that were torn apart, and installed new wood flooring in an addition. They helped me find the electricians, drywall, insulation, plumbing, tile and masonry help I needed. They hung my doors, installed windows, built closets, added a bathroom. They remodeled my front porch and even pitched in when I had an emergency. Anything I wanted, they would deliver, they did much more, actually too much to list. Their prices were very reasonable. Ernie and Sam went over and above and I highly recommend them to anyone. They were trustworthy and good to their word. This is my 4th home I built/remodeled. It was by far the smoothest experience I have ever had with a contractor. Thank You Ernie and Sam!

Description of Work
Carpentry work, both rough studs and finish carpentry. They repaired and patched my 50 years old floors that were torn apart, and installed new wood flooring in an addition. They hung my doors, installed windows, built closets, added a bathroom. They remodeled my front porch adding columns and composite decking.

Category closet systems, decks, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

12/01/2011

Frederick S.

All of the jobs I have had them do have came out perfect. I have had them do a hand full of jobs and will continue to use them on all of my jobs around my home. All I have to do is ask them to do something and it turns out better than I could image. I would use them on all of my remodels. And when I am ready to build I will use them. They are the best price around. I believe it is a father son business and the son just got out of the military. It makes me feel great to know that a Veteran has worked on my home. If you need anything done please call them they are great!

Description of Work
They have done a lot around my home. From building a fence, installing floor, moving some walls around, and enclosing my back porch.

Category contractors, fencing, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, siding, garage builders, home builders, sunrooms