Take Pride Construction and Painting

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2012

Hello and welcome to Take Pride Construction & Painting on Angie's list. Thank you for taking the time to view our page and showing interest in our services. We are a full service company dedicated to quality & complete customer satisfaction. We are a growing business with only 1 thing in mind..

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

woodworking (11)cabinet makers (9)cabinet refacing (3)home remodeling (31)interior painting (17)tile installation (11)hardwood floors (3)fence company (3)drywall (3)patio enclosures (2)flooring (2)decks & porches (2)

11/16/2022

Andy W.

Josh is a consummate professional. From start to finish our kitchen total renovation was smooth, timely and on budget. We can’t say enough about the quality of the cabinets they handcrafted or the workmen and workmanship… the live up to their name, Take Pride Construction.

Description of Work
A complete kitchen renovation With new floor plan.

Category custom cabinets

11/06/2021

Randy L.

It was a pleasure to work with Joshua and his crew. Everything was done professionally and on time. We would hire Take Pride for future projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen floor repair and remodeling

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

Review for Take Pride Construction and Painting - 115 Taylor Ln, Lexington, SC - 39534976

02/20/2021

Andrew D.

Wonderful great work very nice and fast and very happy with there service

Description of Work
We removed and repaired rotten wood and painted the exterior wood on the home. We replaced the shutters along the front of the home.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 02/20/2021

Thank you for the great review , please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

06/15/2020

Dan S.

Kitchen Remodel - Island, Backsplash, Cabinets, Range and Exhaust Fan

Description of Work
Josh and his team did an awesome job on our kitchen remodel. Quote through the work and to final payment, the entire process was professional and as promised. All team members were professional, communications was good, entire team of folks were happy and professional and when their was an issue (and there will be issues on a remodel - like when we ordered the wrong fan for our range) we worked together to come up with a plan, get another one and keep on schedule. Could not be happier with Take Pride or Josh and his entire team

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you for the awesome review , the guys appreciated it when I read it to them . Please call me if there are any more projects that you wish to complete .

03/06/2020

Tricia S.

Overall we are incredibly disappointed with the quality of the services received. We are still finding things that were not done correctly, bathroom grouting, paint chips, the baseboards etc. They spilled pvc lubricant on our baseboard and window blinds and just painted over the purple, but it still seeped through and we have purple baseboard stains. The blinds had to just be replaced (our money not theirs eventhough it was their mistake). Our ceiling needed to be replaced and the holes for the pot lights were not cut properly so around one of the lights the ceiling is damaged (even though it was brand new replaced). We changed paint color after the original color choice was bought so Mr. Butts stated that we would need to buy the new paint choice. No problem. And stated that he would leave the original choice in our garage as we've already paid for it. When we went to look for it to paint our guest bathroom it was not found. After contacting him, he very rudely just said "we dont keep customers paint" and didn't make an effort to replace it or anything. We still have the paint from the original owners when we first bought the house so we KNOW the paint was not left and therefore not thrown away. He also stated that his guys said to check in our master closet as that is were some of the paints were left. Our closet is empty. No paint. Who would throw away a FULL BRAND NEW unopened container of paint? Along with the unprofessionalism in regards to the paint issue. We also noticed afterwards (as we did not have a shower door yet) that the shower head leaks from the ceiling and therefore a plumber needs to be called. Some of the crew were very friendly and helpful, however one of the employee's would come into our home smelling of weed. Another would take naps in his truck. Along with that before we put in an order for tile, we gave the person doing the tile order list and he confirmed what we would need. Turned out to be so wrong! We had to order tile two more additional times. Luckily the tileshop gave us the same deal as when we originally purchased our tile. I feel as the owner, he should have come to do a walkthrough at the end of the process as well as a "what to supplies to buy" at the beginning. Overall the experience with the owner has been terrible the work is shotty in certain aspects (painting of the cabinets) we asked for them to be refinished and instead he just had the outside (only) painted, leaving the inside untouched. I will say that Chris is excellent and cares about the work he does as well as the younger man he had with him. They were great! Our bathroom looks nice, the livingroom and the bathroom was painted well. So I do want to give credit where it is due. We just will not hire him ever again as the price was not worth the quality given, which is a shame since he has done other projects for my husband before. So perhaps he was rushing it to get it done because it was the holiday season or he just didn't care to take this project serious. But it was disappointing enough to not consider him for our next bathroom remodel. UPDATE AS OF 03/24/2020 : This is an additional review to the one already written. We hired this company to restore/renovate our home which was damaged by a burst pipe. After receiving subpar quality for the money that was paid we left a review. After the review was posted the owner Josh Butts called my Fianceé irate and yelling on the phone about the review that was left. Telling him that he will come and look at the issues the following day but that he does not wish to deal with me (the poster of the review and referred to me as your girlfriend or fianceé whatever she is) which is disrespectful. I live there and we both paid foe the services. Regardless we put blue tape on all the things and issues that were noted in the previous review. Mr. Butts not only never showed but never texted or called to reschedule, tell him that he was unable to make it for whatever reason. That was 2 weeks ago. And we have still not heard from him. It makes us realize that our review was just. So it just goes to show the lack of professionalism of this owner. First the nerve to call, yelling about a negative review (which is our right to do so) is unprofessional. He could have called and said "hey I am sorry you feel this way but I'd like to fix it". And he did the exact opposite. And on top that threatened to put the text message of our communication online as well. Which is perfectly fine with me. But it's unprofessional. So all in all. We noted that not everything they did was disappointing or shaby, and acknowledged the people that did great work. And what work specifically was great. But there was and still is work that was not done properly. And therefore we stand by this review.

Description of Work
Bathroom and living renovation/restoration and livi

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

11/15/2019

Alex N.

Josh and his team did an extremely professional job for us. The were able to take a tub area and transform it into a wide beautiful shower. The crafters finished the job early which was amazing and appreciated. We would use them again in a split second. Alex N.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

I appreciate the kind words . It was great working with you , please call us if you need anything.

11/12/2019

ROGER W.

The whole crew that worked on the project were meticulous about the quality of work that they did.. would definitely recommend and will use them on my next project.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel including removing tub and shower and raising vanity. Making closet where the shower and a tiled shower where the tub was.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you. Please call us if you need any further assistance .

03/27/2019

Karen S.

I wasn’t able to follow through on plans, but it had nothing to do with the company. They were responsive, professional and personable. I will contact them again when I am able to revisit the project.

Description of Work
General construction

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

02/20/2018

Allison H.

They did an excellent job. Removed old mantel and mantel surround. Installed stonework and new mantel. Everything was completed on time and it looks terrific. Would definitely work with them again!

Description of Work
Updating the fireplace

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

11/16/2017

Teshia M.

Never had anything done because I never received a quote.

Description of Work
I was suppose to get a quote for an enclosed sunroom, but never received the quote - after 2 months of waiting. I was really looking forward to working with them. I had hoped to have a sunroom up by now.

Category sunrooms

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

09/11/2017

Amanda G.

Joshua and his crew have been fantastic! They are professional, honest, hard-working and timely with their work. I am so glad that I found them on Angie's List. I have recommended them to so many friends because I trust they will do just as good of a job for them as they have done in my house.

Description of Work
Tub to shower conversion and bookshelves in office

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

Review for Take Pride Construction and Painting - 115 Taylor Ln, Lexington, SC - 36219186

Thank you for the excellent review , it has been a pleasure to work for you . If we can be of any further assistance please let us know .

09/06/2017

Don E.

A representative from the company came to my home to measure and come up with a quote. It has been 4 weeks and he has never called me with that quote.

Description of Work
I needed an outdoor staircase to be built.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

I am one of the owners and I came out to your house and met with your wife and explained that we were extremely busy and that it would be a few weeks for me to get back to her . The day that you decided to leave this review was exactly 3 weeks since the day that we met , not 4 weeks . I am disappointed that you feel we left you hanging out there in the wind , but that was not the intention . Good luck with your project . Joshua Butts

07/22/2017

Anastasia E.

Joshua Butts was very punctual with appt and crew came on time. Extremely professional from all members of the crew. All work was performed excellent and everything came out much better than I imagined. Everything was cleaned up afterwards. Pricing was very competitive. They are the only ones I will use for future projects. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New kitchen counter tops installed, cabinets cut back for new stove and electrical installed, shutoff for new refrigerator, ceiling work in Great Room, painting of ceiling, walls and trim; and picture molding installed and painted. New fencing put in across back and side of yard and ceiling fan on porch

Category drywall, fencing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/22/2017

Thank you for the kind review . If we can be of any further assistance please give us a call .

07/13/2017

Sandra S.

Very pleasant to work with, put up with my constant texting (??), and looking forward to future jobs by this company.

Description of Work
Painting, crown mold installation, back splash install in kitchen, ceramic tile installation and kitchen cabinet painting, downstairs repainting.

Category ceramic tile, woodworking, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you and [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to working with you both again in the future as well!!

06/24/2017

Alicia B.

Amazing. The workmanship blew us away. They came to measure; we showed them a picture of what we wanted; and they delivered. They were courteous and professional and kept the house clean. We will definitely use them again for any home improvement projects. We are in phase 2 of the remodel - when the island is completed with our new countertops, I will post photos!

Description of Work
We needed to expand and trim out our existing kitchen island.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

We are so glad that your happy with or work . It was a pleasure to work with you. Please call us with any of your future needs. Thanks Josh

05/04/2017

Mary D.

Josh and his crew were great! They do beautiful work, were professional and very reasonable in price. I love my new bathroom! I'm hiring them to do another bath and other projects in the house.

Description of Work
I had an outdated hall bath renovated.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

Thank you for the great review and we will see you soon to start your master bathroom.

04/26/2017

Robert M.

All the work was done in a timely manner according to specifications. The crew cleaned up each day. After the job was done the entire area was cleaned and all construction and demo materials were removed.

Description of Work
Demo and build new deck, remove old floor on porch and install new sliding glass door.

Category decks, sunrooms

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

03/20/2017

MARGARET A.

First of all, it went very well and I have a wonderful kitchen that I enjoy very much. Josh and his Take Pride team were always timely, helpful and professional and easy to work with. They went out of their way to deliver the kitchen I wanted from the design stage to finish. They came back several times at the completion stage to either redo something that was missed or to fix something I wasn't as pleased with as I had hoped because I chose a wrong paint color, or wanted to add molding. It was a long project beginning in August with the demolition and finalization in February. Much of the delay was due to waiting for cabinets, counter tops, and replacement for broken or mis-sized cabinet components, and not due to any delay by Take Pride Construction. Another company built and installed the cabinets and counter tops and Josh and his team diligently worked to give us a professional finish. While our overall costs were higher than planned as the scope of the work changed, Josh's original quote for his company's work remained consistent. He initially quoted with the plan to do basic plumbing and electrical. Upon demolition, however, we decided to have all new plumbing installed in most of the house and major electrical changes. Our hardwoods were damaged, but we didn't know which company was responsible and decided to have the floors redone to complete the new kitchen. Therefore, we hired a plumbing contractor and electricians to do that work separately. In exchange, Take Pride did some extra work as it came up during the process. I expended a lot of energy coordinating various companies and work, which I would prefer to have the general contractor do, but our changing work necessitated this. Finally, the only request I did not get was a detailed quote, but I had notes of our conversations, the costs never changed, and we felt our construction costs were more than fair. I hope to use them again soon to update our Master Bath and possibly the Master Bedroom as well. I appreciate this company very much and am happy to recommend them.

Description of Work
We planned to completely gut our 40-year old kitchen and replace it with a new, more serviceable kitchen. It would require wiring and plumbing changes and some additional carpentry and painting. My major goal was to have more counter space and functional cabinets. I needed help determining if my plan would work and looked for a contractor who could handle every aspect of the job. After interviewing Josh Butts, I felt I had found a good fit. He noted problems in the construction of our kitchen and breakfast area and stated he could provide updates to make it aesthetically better. This was added to the project. [PLEASE NOTE: the cost of our remodel was much greater than the amount showed ($4,600) which was for demolition and all finish work including ceiling, windows, painting, trim work, backsplash, installation of stove and sink hardware and disposal.] Pictures show 'before' and 'after' of the kitchen. There was additional work in the Breakfast Room. We are very pleased.

Category woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

Review for Take Pride Construction and Painting - 115 Taylor Ln, Lexington, SC - 34649685

Thank you for the wonderful review and for the opportunity to help you . I look forward to the upstairs project . Thanks again for the review.

03/15/2017

Dana R.

All of the work came out wonderful! They have a professional & friendly crew. Everything was completed on time and exactly as specified. We couldn't be any happier and we will definitely be calling them for more projects in the future!

Description of Work
We hired them to replace some trim throughout our house. When we learned that they also do fencing they custom built one for us and installed it perfectly! They also replaced some deck boards and handrails on our back porch.

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

Thanks again for the review and pleas call for any future needs .

03/15/2017

shannon T.

Was fortunate enough to find this company on Angie's List and hired them originally to smooth popcorn ceilings, demo kitchen and basically put it back together. The scope of work quickly grew to include a complete rehab including cabinetry, flooring, 2 bathroom renovations, tile work, fencing and deck work. They work hard, show up on time and clean up after themselves which is hard to find these days! I am very happy with their work and have already hired them again,

Description of Work
Hired them originally to smooth popcorn ceilings, demo kitchen and basically put it back together. complete rehab including cabinetry, painting, flooring, 2 bathroom renovations, tile work, fencing and deck work.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, fencing, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2016

Thanks again for the opportunity to help you. Also thanks for the continued work and support. Please call me with any future needs.

03/14/2017

Dana R.

The job went great, they custom built a fence for us and installed it perfectly! We couldn't be any happier with their service and quality of work. We will definitely have more jobs for them in the future!

Description of Work
We needed a good fence installed to keep our dogs in the yard.

Category fencing

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

Thanks again for using us and the wonderful review . Please call us for any future needs .