PROFESSIONAL TREE SERVICE

Founded 1979 • With Angi since August 2008

We are a family owned and operated company serving the Midlands since 1979. We offer quality service with quality employees who treat you with respect and professionalism....

tree service (196)lawn & landscaping (2)

11/10/2021

Benjamin D.

Can not recommend them highly enough! Showed up when they said, got immediately to work, and in just a few hours left the place amazingly transformed for the better!

Description of Work
Tree trimming; dead tree removal; clear space around chain link fence.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

09/25/2021

Greg S.

I needed to remove two Raywood Ash trees and replace them with Crepe Myrtles. Professional Tree Service made the whole process very pleasant and straightforward. I can't imagine how the job could have been done any better. They were so easy to work with. Great expertise. Great attitude and passion for the profession. Friendly. It was a joy to work with them. I'd assign more than five stars if it were possible.

Description of Work
Removed two Raywood Ash trees and replaced with Crepe Myrtles.

Work Completed On 03/23/2021

04/01/2021

Lorren J.

Outstanding! This will be a bit lengthy, but it's worth the read. BACKGROUND - Professional Tree Service (henceforth known as "PTS") did some work for our next door neighbor. The work went smoothly and efficiently. I'm unschooled in the arboristic arts, but the crew also seemed to get tasks completed safely. For me however, the topping (pardon the pun :-) on their work was the final cleanup. They cleaned up the primary work area (expected, of course). Then they also notified the adjacent neighbor - ME! - that they would clean up work debris from my adjoining property, if I approved. OF COURSE I approved! The crew cleared our driveway and street frontage of ALL work debris. Most impressive. I asked for their business card. A couple of months passed.... MY TREE JOB - I was planning to have between 1 - 6 medium pines removed. I called PTS and received a quick response and a reasonable estimate. By prior arrangement, the work was completed while we were away from home. I am 100% satisfied with the completed job, and will readily recommend PTS to anyone in need to tree work. Thank you, PTS; To use an old Navy term - "Bravo Zulu."

Description of Work
Removal of six medium sized pines.

Work Completed On 03/24/2021

06/24/2020

JAY W.

Hired them cut down 2 trees that were leaning over top of structures on my property. they fell both trees with not damage to the structures.

Description of Work
2 Trees Fell

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

06/09/2020

Dina P.

I called David for an estimate to have one tree removed and others trimmed away from the house. A real person answered the phone and we had an estimate for the work within a week. The crew is busy and working about six weeks out, but they worked me in earlier than expected and showed up ahead of schedule. They were here on time and the entire job took under two hours. The crew of 8 was professional, polite, and thorough. They were incredibly careful not to damage my extensive gardens and my yard was actually neater after they left than when they arrived. I would definitely hire them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had one tree removed and several others trimmed.

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

06/05/2020

Tim W.

These guys are pros. They did everything they said they would do. The crew stayed busy and knocked it out by lunchtime. It was great watching our yard being transformed. They cut exactly the right limbs and opened up our yard. The clean up was just as great. We are very happy with the work. Looks like a different house.

Description of Work
We needed 6 big chinaberry trees taken out that were growing near the house and 4 others trees that needed trimmed because of low limbs

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

Review for PROFESSIONAL TREE SERVICE - P O Box 84943, Lexington, SC - 38620806

04/24/2020

Lonnie T.

David’s crew of five were the best, each had a job and it was amazing how they worked together. You would have to see it to believe it, I have never seen any thing like it, I watched every minute. This tree was one of biggest if not the biggest in Columbia and part of it was over my house and a carport. I had three estimates all around $12,000, they did it for $6,000 and that included the stump. It took them one and a half days and they cleaned up after work the first day and when they completed the job you wouldn’t know a tree was ever there. I just recommend them to my next door neighbor and plan to use them to cut two trees at my rental house. Not only will you get a great job, they will entertain you.

Description of Work
Removal of tree and stump

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

01/17/2020

David G.

David Moore's crew did an excellent job! This is the third time I have used them, and they continue to impress with their thoroughness and attention to detail. They rolled in with large equipment, including a 65 foot boom lift, and were able to get the whole job done in one day. Their level of cleanup is better than I have ever seen with any tree service. Truly, except for the missing trees, it was hard to tell they had been here. I could have gotten this job done for less money, but I could not have gotten it done any better. These guys are pros!

Description of Work
I needed five trees removed and one tree limbed. The largest tree was hanging over a corner of my house. Large job!

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

12/02/2019

Kathleen H.

David Moore and his excellent team performed outstanding work for me. The tree came down quickly, and stump and roots were grinded thoroughly, even though the tree was very close to the house and to an old HVAC which only could be replaced once the tree was totally removed. They came with heavy equipment to match the job and completed the work within an hour. Employees were highly skilled and experienced, and they have worked together for years which was highly evident and contributed to a very good & efficient outcome. This is the second time I have used Professional Tree Service. David and his team work quickly, professionally and safely. The stump and root removal were accomplished extremely well even though the tree had crowded the old HVAC and house. The cleanup was impressive. I cannot recommend this company enough and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Removal of 35 foot tree, stump and root grinding, leveling, & cleanup in order to install new HVAC.

Work Completed On 12/01/2019

10/05/2019

Melanie A.

These guys don't mess around!! They cut down several large trees in my front yard. I expected the job to take all day and they completed it start to finish in just 2 hours. They took care not to damage the azaleas underneath the trees which I appreciated very much. They cleaned up after themselves and even hauled off a pile of brush in the area they were working that they didn't have to. Their price beat out two other local, high rated companies. They got to my job sooner than expected and called to bump up the scheduled day. Note: I think they only do estimates on Fridays.

Description of Work
Removal of several large trees in my front yard

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

09/26/2019

Robin R.

Zach and his team did a great job. They removed the trees, ground the stumps and cleaned up the area before leaving. I have used Zach 3 times over the past 3 years and will not use another service. He is professional, respectful and thorough. Zach and team receive my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
We needed several large trees removed from our property to make room for a new building.

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

05/03/2019

Dave D.

Zack and his team did an amazing job! They made the trees disappear. I couldn’t have asked for better service.

Description of Work
I had 10 diseases hardwoods that needed to be removed.

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

11/22/2018

Darren G.

David and his crew arrived on time, accessed the situation and immediately began to remove the tree. Within a couple of hours the tree was down and all debris cleaned up. Awesome service and very professional!

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 11/22/2018

10/28/2018

John B.

Professional Tree Service was one of two contractors contacted. Each responded promptly to my Angie's List inquiry. While both quotes were close to each other, I decided to go with Professional as their's was a little less. Have no second thoughts. Got a call earlier than scheduled date that work could be done. Happened to be out of town on that day, and Zack said "no problem". Upon arrival home work was done and clean up was excellent. it was as if the trees were never there. I would recommend Professional Tree Service without second thoughts and will use them again.

Description of Work
Had a couple of dying leyland cyprus trees which needed to come down and stumps removed. Each was greater than 15 feet tall.

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

10/21/2018

Michelle N.

After the 1st tree service I called did not have the eqpt to navigate steep driveway with above-ground power lines, Professional Tree Service responded quickly with an onsite quote. They did the work ahead of schedule and I did not have to be present. They completely cleaned up behind themselves as well.

Description of Work
Cleared wysteria from a tall magnolia; also cleared regrowth from a magnolia stump

Work Completed On 09/19/2018

10/16/2018

ANDREW M.

David and his crew arrived on time and within an hour had completed the job, cleaned up, and departed. Very professional with their work and service.

Description of Work
Removal of tall dead tree and removal of limbs from another tree.

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

09/13/2018

Melanie A.

We ended up not using Professional because of scheduling conflicts but they were very responsive and their price was in line with other estimates we received. They came out to do the estimate within a week and were going to be able to schedule our job quickly. Very professional on the phone and in person. We would call them again!

Description of Work
Removal of dead pine tree, trimming branches around chimney

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

08/18/2018

Robin R.

Matt and his crew were absolutely phenomenal. From the time I called the company, to Matt's visit to provide the estimate, through 2 days of hard work, everyone was exceptionally courteous, professional, engaged and asking for feedback on the work they were doing. It is important to note that this work took place in a very dense wooded area on my property. There were a number of very large trees removed, to include immediately next to the home, raising of the forest canopy around the house and property as well. They had to work carefully around power lines, underground septic and propane tanks, not to mention the woods. Matt asked me to review their work on several occasions to ensure that the team was meeting my expectations. He also made recommendations regarding other trees on the property that would eventually cause us some issues. As a result of the great work they were doing, I asked for a few other items to be completed also. He accommodated every request with courtesy and respect. The clean-up was great. Not one thing was left undone. This was a large job for them. And while the cost was substantial, it was more than a fair price, and I was glad to pay it. I could not be present for the 2nd day of work. When I asked if he needed me to write a check, he said they would just mail me a bill, which they did. Matt never asked for any money up front, a very rare occasion these days. I could not have been happier with the results. This is the only tree service I will use in the future. They did a fabulous job!!!

Description of Work
Tree removal, pruning and stump grinding.

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

08/14/2018

Kathy G.

This was a fantastic experience. Owner David Moore came on Aug. 3 for a walk through to discuss which trees needed to be removed. We agreed on five pines and two huge holly bushes. A little more than a week later, David and his crew arrived at 8:15 a.m — as promised—bringing significant equipment with them. Our house is in a cul de sac which makes access to the back yard a little tricky. They were careful to place plywood over the lawn and sprinkler system while creating access for the heavy equipment. It was fascinating to watch the team as they seemed to always be completely in sync. Work was done quickly and efficiently with all hands on deck for a thorough clean-up, finishing in five hours. We had a walk around before they left to ensure that we were satisfied. It was quite impressive. This is clearly a team that takes great pride in their work. Cost was reasonable. I’m happy to provide a strong recommendation.

Description of Work
Five pines, two bushes removed from our yard.

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

07/17/2018

Peggy T.

Mr. Moore and his crew are very professional. I had no problems scheduling an appointment and he showed up when he said he would. He listened to my concerns and addressed them appropriately. When the work was done, everything was clean and tidy. I did not have to pick up fallen branches or rake trash (which I had to do with the previous company I hired). And I got a discount because I'm an Angie's List member.

Description of Work
Tree removal and stump grinding

Work Completed On 07/06/2018

07/11/2018

James V S.

Excellent job! Used them about three years ago for tree removal. One of my Bradford pear trees split during a recent storm. Another tree had been damaged during a previous storm. Both trees were trimmed and dead branches were removed. All branches and leaves were removed and the yard now looks great. This all took about an hour. They actually did the job sooner than promised. I will not hesitate to use them if needed again and will recommend to all!

Description of Work
Trimmed and removed branches on two Bradford pear tree; one was split.

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

06/26/2018

Keith M.

They arrived when they said they would and took care of the work very quickly. Even though there had been rain in the days prior to their arriving, they moved their equipment around my yard without any damage. Other than a little saw dust from the stump grinding and a missing tree, you couldn't tell they had been there. I will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Large tree removal with stump grinding

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

03/25/2018

Patricia W.

It went well. Professional, courteous and personable.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal