Brasington Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning

1720 N Lake Dr

Lexington, SC 29072

04/01/2022

jerry B.

Brasington charged my friend, a 78 year old widow $375.00 to replace a $5.00 seal that snaps into the cannister flush valve in her toilet tank. The seal was worn out and the water would continue to run through the toilet I could have saved her $370.00 if I had known she needed the repair. It only takes 5 minutes to replace the seal. They are available on Amazon or any local store selling plumbing supplies. I realize companies have to charge for their services to stay in business. We customers have to spend within our budgets. Several videos are on You Tube showing how to make the repair. Anyone not feeling they are able to replace a toilet tank flapper or cannister flush valve seal probably has a friend they can call on for help. Let the pros handle the difficult repairs.

Description of Work
Toilet needed new cannister seal to stop water running continuously into commode.

12/05/2019

Natasha D.

Been using them for around 15 years. Very professional and always do a good job. We live in an older home, so in recent years, our drain lines have slowly been fading and they've had to replace them. When I first hired them for HVAC, I called every company in the Columbia area, and Brasington and 2nd Wind were the only 2 companies that were able to answer HVAC questions that every HVAC company is supposed to know. I chose Brasington and have never regretted.

Description of Work
New Duct work, New drain lines, etc

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

08/01/2017

Martha S.

They way overcharged and tricked us into financing. Untrustworthy and purposely priced the unit beyond the going rate. Used car salesman for sure. Please don't get taken like we did for one heat pump.

Description of Work
Heating and Air

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

07/17/2017

David B.

Poorly and horrible and lousy and untrustworthy

Description of Work
I used to work for them and they lie to customers and make them pay way to much for service work don't hire them

08/19/2015

Edwin T.

This company was selected by Lowes to measure for the installation of a dishwasher. When they never contacted me I called them. They said the owner would be at my house the next day at 10am. When he didn't show up I called and was told they never got an order from Lowes. The person said the owner might have it with him and that maybe he was running late. She said she would contact him and call me back. No one ever called back. No one ever showed up. Very unprofessional. Why make an appointment and not keep it and not even the courtesy of a call?

Description of Work
Failed to keep an appointment. Failed to call back when they said they would.

04/22/2015

Lisa G.

Initially responded to service call very quickly. Was received very professionally and polite. I offered to go purchase heater but was told not needed. Tech arrived and left to get heater. Heater model # at Lowe's was listed as $321.00 on that day, since increased to $349. Told me estimate for job was $1200. When work was completed in a little over 2 hours- Tech said bill was $1452.00 due to tax . Wrote a check and paid. Notified business that day via email that the bill was different than quote and requested itemized bill. Got note back saying they'd look into it. Wrote two more times requesting itemized info on bill. On March 28, I received a check for $167 from the owner stating the tech charged me incorrectly for unit and the bill should have been $1285. I wrote again thru their online form requesting an itemization. With this model # unit, the hours spent; the labor comes out to be $300 an hour. I wrote and told them I thought this was an unfair rate and practice. I waited ten days for a response and when I got none, I contacted the Better Business Bureau that they were registered with. Still have heard nothing. I've spoken with several companies since who state this was an excessive price. It was just frustrating that there was no explanation when requested and I was told the tech was having trouble working the invoicing on the IPAD. I approached the complaint that maybe it was an error in billing but no response.

Description of Work
Installed a gas hot water heater. Replacement

07/09/2013

REBEKAH P.

Made and appointment for Monday between 5:30 and 6:30. He did not show, and did not call. Enough Said. Used Cottrell, who was fantastic.

Description of Work
Made an appointment to replace a leaky pipe.

06/06/2013

Roger S.

It went very well. Byron was prompt, skillful and competent. He explained what needed to be done - and why - and gave us an accurate estimate of the cost. We've used Brasington for plumbing repairs in recent years and have never regretted it. We recommend them to anyone needing plumbing services.

Description of Work
Cleared drain for bathroom sink; installed new faucet & supply lines for bathroom sink; installed all new flushing mechanism parts in toilet tank. He checked for proper water pressure and leaks, and then cleaned up the area.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, drain cleaning

04/30/2013

Les R.

They always show up on time and are very professional. The technicians are courteous, knowledgeable and leave the job site clean.

Description of Work
I have used Brasington for furnace, air conditioning, and plumbing work for almost 10 years. In the past they have replaced toilets, a water heater, a circulation pump, an outdoor air conditioning compressor, and preformed other maintenance. Recently they replaced a faulty control board in one of our furnaces.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

10/19/2012

James R.

Brasington is the most unprofessional and unethical company with which I have ever dealt. Unfortunately, they are still harrassing me with their stupid $12.95 monthly service charge. I have no choice now but to change my checking account number such to finally stop their unauthorized monthly theft of my money.

Description of Work
The is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. Several years ago, I signed up for a monthly service contract. Despite several requests and a certified letter, I asked that they stop billing the monthly fee. They stopped for a while, but after a dispute, began rebilling the $12.95 per month. I have had to get a lawyer involved. As for their honesty, buyer beware. My experience is that they will try to sell you new AC units and, if you don't purchase one, they wil charge you excessively high fees for work that is questionable. Most recently, this summer, they left my unit in pieces on the lawn and exposed to the weather when I refused to agree to services that were later found to be unncessary and priced way before what they should have been. The female "co-owner" or the one who answers the phone is quite rude and spiteful. With so many other HVAC and plumbing to choose from in the Columbia area who are reputable, I would use anyone except Brasington. It has been a horrible experience!

07/16/2012

James R.

AS above.

Description of Work
Todays date is July 16, 2012. I own XX Downing Street in Columbia. For the past few years, I have paid the monthly "preferred customer" fee. Each and every year that I have request my free annual HVAC inspection and service, I have encountered problems. Typically, the service person will come with a concerned look on their face and tell me that the system cannot be serviced and has to be replaced immmediately. Each year, I thank them and send them on the way. Guess what, the unit worked fine all year. Well, this year is a new low. Wesley was dispatched to my home on Thurday, July 12th. He called me to tell me that the system was not working. I called the tenant who said that it was, however,the air could be cooler. I called him back and he changed his story to mean that, while the air handler was working fine, the cooling unit was not working. I called my tenant back to ask if there was any cold air coming out and she said that there was. I called Wesley back and the story changed again. He told me that he found two bad fuses and had replaced them for a total family discount cost of around $280. (Interesting that these fuses cost about $10 each at Lowes) I had another HVAC techician from another company come to the house after Wesley left. He called to report that the fuses indeed had been changed, but the cover was left lying on the ground. In addition, he said that there was no way that the unit could have been serviced as it was full of dirt. He said it did not appear that the unit had been properly serviced for several years. He told me that he did replace a condenser or capacitor unit and that he would charge me $100. He also serviced the unit. . Also, due to the poor service and attempted fraud, I refuse to pay the invoice. The co-owner told me to send her what ever I thought their service was worth, so I sent her $100. This is supposed to be a "family business" that has been around for several years. It is very dissappointing to have to make this negative posting regarding their business practices and quality of work.

05/22/2012

Melissa C.

It was an out of town service call so it was $120. It was at a lake house so there was an extra service for that. The price was average. I would definitely use them again. If they are going to be late, they call. They seem to be able to do the job right in the first place, which is great. I've used them in the past. They are certainly the first people I call.

Description of Work
I used Brasington Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning for plumbing. They repaired a toilet today.

02/15/2012

Freida I.

I like their contract. They are courteous and friendly.

Description of Work
They provide service for me.

01/05/2012

Cynthia W.

I asked these guys to come out to my house to give me an estimate on replacing a hot water heater. I know from experience that most hot water heaters should cost less than $500, installed. The price they quoted me was over $1,400. THEY MUST HAVE BEEN CRAZY. Frankly, I think it was a situation where as a woman, they thought I didn't know anything about hot water heaters. I couldn't wait for them to leave my house.

Description of Work
Replacement of hot water heater.

04/20/2010

Nancy S.

After a favorable experience with this company installing a tankless water heater, I had asked for a quote on replacing the central heating and air units in my house. About 2 weeks after I received base quotes for 3 different systems (good, better, best) my heat stopped working. A technician visited my house on a Saturday and explained the unit could be repaired but it was pricey, and the unit likely would continue to break. I decided to have a Trane system installed (best) as opposed to repairing my current unit. While the technician said he could come out Wednesday, I was later informed that it would be Thursday (best case) or possibly Friday. I asked if I could receive a phone call to firm up a date and time. I had to follow up on my request after receiving a phone call from the company asking for a 50% down payment. I was also asked at that time if I would be using the same card to pay the other half, which I confirmed. I asked for a reduced price as part of the quote involved installing a thermostat which I did not need. For that, I eventually received a $75 discount. I was told that the technicians would arrive first thing Thursday morning. First thing to Brasington is between 9:30 - 9:45 a.m. They arrived with the wrong equipment. They purchased a heat pump while I had a furnace to be replaced. After trying to talk me into having the heat pump installed and me declining, the owner went out to purchase a furnace. I will complement the lead technician on his professionalism, quality of installation workmanship and his willingness to answer questions I had as he progressed with the installation. The outside unit is sitting on a pad provided by Brasington that is slightly too small. Also, they had to disassemble my attic stairs in order to fit the furnace into the attic. I don't understand how a company in business for 75 years doesn't measure the opening and compare to the unit size to plan for these type of issues. It caught them completely by surprise and spent several hours troubleshooting this issue. I also had included in the price an addition of an air return and duct work, which we ultimately decided was not needed. Brasington refunded $125 of the purchase price. The work could not be completed in one day. The technician left without turning the gas on, so I had a cold shower Friday morning. I did not stay at the house for them to finish the work but wish I had. They workmanship on reattaching the attic stairs and the molding was one of the worst jobs I had ever seen. Finally, a subcontractor came out to do the repairs, but on the initial day he was supposed to show, he did not and did not call. After I tracked him down, he said he was out of town and didn't know how to get in touch with me. My biggest regret was providing my credit card for final payment. The funds were taken Thursday, without the work being done. And because all of the work in the quote was not done, they took too much of my money.

Description of Work
Replace a central A/C unit and funace.

04/20/2010

Nancy S.

The quality of the installation work was second to none. One of the neatest plumbing jobs I had ever seen. The technician also took time to answer all of the questions I had. Both the owner and the technician were very friendly.

Description of Work
Removed gas tank water heater & replaced with tankless water heater.

Category water heater repair

01/23/2010

Perry S.

He started by cutting a hole in the drywall (with our premission) in our hallway. Thus, he was able to get easy access to the valve body and replaced it with no problems. He also replaced the tub drain fixture as requested. Since he completed the work in half the time than estimated I asked him to install the shower head and shower control trim pieces (which I had provided). He obliged for no extra charge. After he went out to his truck to leave, I checked things and found the shower head leaking. I quickly flagged him down and he came back in to make the fix. Last week (two months after the install) I was installing a lighting circuit in my crawspace and I noticed a water leak from below the previously mentioned tub drain. My wife called Brasington. They happily scheduled a repeat visit. The specialist who came (different man from the installer) found that the tub drain was not completely tightened. My wife tells me he re-applied some plumbers putty and tightened the drain. So far so good and no extra charge. I feel that their response to this problem was fast, courteous and professional. I would use them again but would also make sure that they check all the work thoroughly before leaving the job.

Description of Work
Gave the go-ahead on the 2 hour estimate to replace the valve body inside the wall and to replace the tub drain fixture for the shower/tub in the Kid's bathroom.

01/06/2010

Geoff C.

Called for service to Heat Pump and quote for a new Gas Pack. Tech was supposed to show between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM - Showed at 4:15 PM after multiple calls to the company. However, a salesman did show up at 10:30 to quote the Gas Pack - Twice the cost of a second quote I received. Once tech showed he aprropriately diagnosed the problem and quoted $1,020 for a capacitor and fan motor. I paid the service call fee and called another company that did the work for half the cost. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Description of Work
Diagnosed Heat Pump problem.

01/14/2009

Bill P.

They did excellent work. They were very timely. They took care of the water heater so we could go out of town. We were very impressed with their company. We even gave them the house key and the garage door opener.

Description of Work
They had to clean out the sewer line between the house and the city tap. About a week later, they replaced the hot water heater. I have an inspection plan and priority customer plan with them. I got the plan after the first visit with them.

Category plumbing

VERY NICE FOLKS. IT WAS A PLEASURE TO SERVE YOU. NEXT TIME YOU NEED SERVICE, SEE WEBSITE FOR MONEY SAVING COUPONS. BERRY BRASINGTON- OWNER

12/04/2008

Barbara B.

My husband took morning off to be with plumber and I took the afternoon off. The serviceman did arrive on time. He replaced a pipe in each bathroom, did a service check, replaced our Hot Water Heater. Only time will tell if the pipes are fixed correctly. When my husband and I got home from visiting my Mother at the Nursing Home(Which we do every night), we had no hot water to wash Mother's clothes, take a shower, or wash our hands. I tried calling the Brasington Plumbing telephone number. I punched the button to indicate we needed service tonight. The operator told me that no service people were available, and someone would call me after 8am in the morning. I told her that was unacceptable. We thought the plumber had checked to make sure we had hot water before he left. I had to leave immediately after the plumber so I did not get a chance to check myself. Also I thought such a reputable company would not require checking after. I explained to the operator that my mother's clothes had to be washed and returned to her in the morning. The operator asked me if we had a service contract. Then she asked other irrelevant questions. She could send my message to the Brasingtons, but she could not call them. Her note said no service people would be available to call until after 8 in the morning. The phone book was full of plumbers offering 24/7 service. I called again in 20 minutes after no response to my message. I told the operator that the Brasingtons could send another plumber who offered 24/7 service as long as they paid for it. Again no response. Eventually we went to the laundromat. I won't be home at 8 o'clock in the morning because I have to be at work by 8am. Whatever the eventual outcome, I will never use Brasington Plumbing again and will suggest to my friends that they don't use them.

Description of Work
Pipe in 1 bathroom leaking and replaced(?)-Time will tell. Pipe in 2nd bathroom replaced as metal was getting thin. New hot water heater installed, approx $750. Service check performed on all plumbing.

Category plumbing

ON BEHALF OF OUR COMPANY WE WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO THE MEMBER FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED. OUR RECORDS INDICATE THAT THE MEMBER CALLED OUR ANSWERING SERVICE AT 10:07 PM. OFFICE HOURS ARE 8 AM TO 9 PM 7 DAYS A WEEK. WE DO NOT OFFER 24/7 AS AFTER 74 YEARS IN THIS MARKET, WE REALIZE THAT WE SIMPLY DO NOT GET THAT MANY CALLS AFTER 9 PM. WE RESPONDED BACK TO THE MEMBER THE NEXT MORNING AT 8:00 AM AND HAD THE TECHNICIAN BACK ON SITE AT 8.26AM. HE WAS ABLE TO FIND A LOOSE WIRE IN THE NEW WATER HEATER (FACTORY ISSUE) AND REPAIRED AND LEFT THE HOME AT 9.22 AM. TO OUR KNOWLEDGE EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE NOW. AGAIN WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE OVERSIGHT AND HOPE THE MEMBER WOULD RECONSIDER OUR SERVICES. I FEEL THAT WE RESPONDED AS PROMPTLY AS POSSIBLE WITHIN THE GUIDELINES OF OUR COMPANY. SINCERELY, BERRY BRASINGTON - OWNER

09/08/2008

Drew W.

They replaced a twenty year old water heater under my home. The work was done the same day as an estimate was given so there was no down time or interruption of our household schedule. The service man was polite and professional. I will call them again for my plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

THANKS TO THE MEMBER FOR THE POSITIVE REVIEWS. LET US KNOW IF WE MAY BE OF FURTHER ASSISTANCE. BERRY BRASINGTON-OWNER

08/27/2008

Charles L.

The work turned out very well. They didn't get it right the first time but came back and made everything right the next day. The second time they came out they found a problem that has improved our AC. The did a little investigating and found out the units were over charged which caused them to not cool as well as they should have.

Description of Work
They repaired some of our AC units a few times.

GLAD TO HERE ALL IS WELL. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. BERRY BRASINGTON-OWNER

05/16/2008

Jane W.

They came to the house and decided what we needed. They put everything in. They were clean and they were very professional and friendly. They came right away to look at it and then they had to order the product. They put the hot water heater in first. They did the job and I was happy.

Description of Work
They replaced my air conditioning and heating units and they helped put in a hot water heater. They replaced the duct work in the house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

THANKS FOR THE REPORT. WE ARE DEDICATED TO EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. THESE REPORTS HELP WITH THAT. LET US KNOW IF WE CAN BE OF FURTHER ASSISTANCE. BERRY BRASINGTON- OWNER

Bluegrass Construction

A highly experienced Construction Company with dedication to provide top notch and fine grade commitment on every job. Services which includes all Drainage, water, sewer, driveway and roads, too site clearing and building. We Strive for Customer Satisfaction with every detail.

SK Heating And Air LLC

With over 25 years of experience, SK Heating and Air is here to deliver the best service to you and your family. We specialize in installation, replacement, and repairs for your home or your business. We offer financing!

All American Heating and Air

When you are in need of someone who you can trust to maintain, repair, or replace heating and air systems in your home, call the team at All American Heating and Air in Columbia. They have been serving their community since 1991, and are committed to providing the best customer service and workmanship available. The decades that this company has spent in the Columbia area means that they know the techniques and products used in most areas, and how state and federal codes may have changed since the initial building. You can rest assured that no matter what work you need done, the end result will be long-lasting, reliable, and fully up-to-code. This team even offers a maintenance plan that cannot be beaten. Call All American Heating and Air today to schedule a free estimate and find out what a difference experience makes.

Satisfaction

Residential & commercial heating system & air conditioner repair & plumbing.