Andy On Call

Founded 2001 • With Angi since February 2007

4.3

144 Holly Rd

Lexington, SC 29073

Locally owned and operated franchise serving Lexington and Richland Counties since 2001. A+ BBB Rating

02/23/2018

Melissa R.

This was for our rental property; we live in another state. Explained the simple problems over the phone, asked for a plumber. The work took three visits and several weeks because they kept sending unqualified technicians (they sent electricians) who did not know how to properly complete the work. I don't think it's fair that even after describing the problem over the phone and asking specifically for a plumber, and them assuring us that they would be able to provide a plumber, they repeatedly sent other tradesmen AND charged us for it each time! All their paperwork says not to pay until you are satisfied with the job but they were pressuring us to pay anyway, and being difficult about coming out to fix their work. Even after $100 in military discounts, our bill was still $500 - their fees are outrageous. We didn't want to end up being sent to collections, so we finally just paid them what they said we owed so we could get rid of them, drove the eight hours to the property and fixed it ourselves in less than an hour for $13, (and we're not plumbers). Very dissatisfied. Beware.

Description of Work
new supply valves under sink and fill valve & flapper on toilet

07/23/2017

Almatrice B.

Wow I can't say enough about this company called at 8 they were there at 10 for estimate started job right away. Adam was polite professional and di a great job. I will be using them in the future

Description of Work
painting

Category house painters

10/19/2016

matt R.

After discussing the replacement and repair of the piece of sheet rock he gave me, what seemed to be, a reasonable estimate ($265.00). Upon arriving to do the repair, he removed nothing, replaced nothing, and only put tape on my ceiling for the $265.00. I called and explained to him that the sheet rock that was up there was ultimately an incorrect thickness and reminded him that we had discussed it needing to be replaced. At first he offered to go back and fix the problem and then refused to correct the shabby work. David then hung up on me. FFFFFFFFFF horrible service, horrible all around experience, will never use again, will never get suckered into paying $265.00 for a piece of tape again.

Description of Work
David arrived to give me an estimate on repairing and replacing a piece of sheet rock in my ceiling that was incorrectly repaired previously.

Category drywall

10/12/2016

kay H.

Don't use these guys. They will charge you too much, do a bad job, and not want to correct the mess they make! Molding around the windows was OK. Blinds hung were Good. Charged me $125 to level the stove to the top of the counter (he only had to screw the adjustments on the stove - he didn't have to pick anything up to level it) The fireplace tile was TERRIBLE. He used glue to install the tile, which is the wrong thing to use. Tile was cut wrong, nothing was lined up right, worse tile job ever!! I paid for all the other services, but not for the tile job. Called the owner, and he came over to look at it. He said "it's not that bad". It's terrible even the grout spaces are not the same. The owner said he could try and get someone else to fix it, but wanted to charge me way too much. I told him I would pay him a fair price, but he wouldn't do it. Just left the mess for me to clean up. The really bad thing is he could see I have been remolding my house, and I would have given him a lot more jobs to do. The owner just did not want to make right what his employee screwed up.

Description of Work
Replaced Molding around the outside of two windows, Hung three blinds Leveled the stove height to top of counters Began installing the tile I had purchased on the fire place.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, replacement windows

06/14/2016

Christine P.

Great prompt and professional service.

Description of Work
repaired screened patio porch and replaced the door

Category decks, deck cleaning

07/29/2015

Thomas M.

I love the work that Rick does for us.

Description of Work
Always use this company for odd jobs. He painted the bathroom.

Category interior painters

06/09/2015

Mallory L.

They show up right away when I need them! Rick is always the one that I work with. He calls me back within the hour, comes out for an estimate right away, and makes an appointment to do the work. It's easy and he does everything well.

Description of Work
I have used them for the last 3 years anytime I have had a handyman need, including fixing all of the items on the list when we first bought our house.

05/21/2015

Andrew W.

After the installer was gone, we noticed the doors aren't lined up. There is a small gap at the bottom, so the doors don't close completely. It is not air tight and when it rains it floods the track and into my kitchen. It has ruined a $3,000 kitchen floor. Complaining has got me nowhere and I think my email or phone number are blocked because I never got a response from them.

Description of Work
Contracted to replace 30 inch sliding glass patio doors. Made a mistake of hiring on price. I wish I would have hired Pella instead.

05/20/2015

Charlotte S.

For the job he did, I thought if he had been more professional, he would have won. But it took him 2 days. I really wasn't comfortable with him.

Description of Work
He came and did some cleaning for me.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

04/14/2015

Caroline G.

He had to take it down and rewire it and then rehang the fixture correctly. I had tried to change the light bulbs myself and ended up pulling the wires loose instead. He also cleaned the glass while he was up on the ladder.

Description of Work
He repaired my front entrance outdoor light fixture.

Category electrician, handyman service

03/12/2015

Jerry D.

The workman was courteous and conscientious, always showed up when scheduled. There was a mishap by the workman that caused significant damage, but the owner stepped right up to the plate on an emergency basis and had the damages repaired immediately and at his expense. I would definitely hire them again for work in the future.

Description of Work
Power washing, miscellaneous repairs, screen replacement, gutter cleaning, insulation work

12/16/2014

Fred D.

Andy on call was timely, professional and performed admirably the tasks that I hired them for. Would efinetely use them again for any variety of jobs in my home.

Description of Work
Painting & plumbing

10/26/2014

Audrey W.

I thought the price was excessive for work that was done. One Andy On Call carpenter came and said a facia area needed replacing and included that in the estimate. He did not accept the work because of having to climb to the chimney. The second Andy On Call carpenter/painter who accepted the work said the facia didn't need to be replaced. I felt that he j ust didn't want to do it. Other than that he was courteous and on time.

Description of Work
Replaced one window seal. Painted chimney trim. Did some touchup trim paint. Repaired a couple of loose siding areas. Replaced one outside light.

10/21/2014

Gautam G.

Great work. Wish he charged a little less but cannot complain.

Description of Work
Installed Garbage disposal

07/31/2014

Grace M.

Alvin did a super job. Andy's is always prompt and responsive & sends a handyman who knows what they are doing. I have used their service a number of times over several years. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replaced siding in several places, also some door & window trim & facia . Areas that were rotting & needed replacing before painting house.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking

05/16/2014

Perry W.

We called and told them the exact problem, pipe broken between curb and outside faucet....water pouring out. They send someone 6 hours later, who could not fix it.....someone came back the following morning and could not fix it either..... The 3rd "master plumber" came out 4 hours later and fixed it....costwas high.

Description of Work
Fixed broken water pipe outside home.

Category plumbing

We looked at the job on May 14, 2014 and informed customer that we could not do the job.

04/11/2014

MaryBeth F.

It was terrible. The first guy that came which was probably four months ago, he came to do some light repair work. It worked for a day and then it died. And, then I called Andy On Call because they left me a card and he did some minor stuff and when he left it didn't work. He charged me, you know when you have like a two-storey home and there is gutters going through one, and then gutters going through another there is a small spout that leads the upper into the lower, maybe 12 inches, maybe 10 inches and he charged me $80, he wouldn't take the coupon. And, I have problems with my front gutters which is the reason why I called them and he said, "I can't do that, call a landscaper" which is fine, but all he did was saw off the front leaders from the gutters that went from my farm house and he cut them off, so water, when it rains, just went straight into the ground. I had a door, I wanted him to look at, a bedroom closet door and he said he could measure it which she did and he wanted me to pre-pay him for the door? And, I told them, "No." And he said, "Well, I'll call you back in three days and never did. So, Andy On Call could have been the guy that they sent out but the other guy didn't do anything either. They charged me $80 to prepare the 6-foot 6-inch thing, all it has to do was re-screw it, but I couldn't go up to do it and then when I gave him the coupon, Andy On Call he said, "I'm just getting paid to do the job", and he wouldn't take coupon. I'm not happy with them and I will never call them again. But, I don't want to trash a company based on one person. Quality was poor. He was late. The people in the office were very considerate. They were very nice. They called me and told me when they were coming. They were professional. I don't want to hurt the company. And, when I asked him about the closet on the doors, he said, "Do you have a tape measure? Oh my, you're a handyman, you don't have a tape measure? so, I got him one. He said it was an 8 x 8 rather than a 6 x 6, I don't know, but it's like on that frame and he wanted me to pre-pay for the door and I wouldn't do it.

Description of Work
It was Andy On Call that I contacted through Angie's List probably three weeks ago to do the gutter and the closet.

Category closet systems, electrician, gutter repair, handyman service

We charged $80. We have a minimum service charge of $85.

03/05/2014

Thomas M.

Andy is wonderful. He is a true professional. He is always on time and provides high-quality service. He has always done an excellent job for me. I actually plan on using him again very soon for some additional small projects.

Description of Work
I had Andy come out to my home several times. He has done painting, electrical work, and small jobs around my home.

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

02/12/2014

Elizabeth N.

We plan to use them again in the future!!!

Description of Work
We called on Monday to get an estimate to replace 3 ceiling fans. They were able to come out and complete the job on Tuesday! And were quite helpful when one of the ceiling fans we purchased was defective.

02/03/2014

Mary S.

They advertise a whole bunch to take in more busines than they need so trying to get ahold of them is nearly impossible. I have left messages but I have never heard back from them.

Description of Work
I have tried to call many times and can NEVER get through

Category handyman service

Customer called AOC on February 3, 2014 and said she would call back. We followed up on February 11, 2014 and she said she was not wanting AOC to complete the job.

01/21/2014

Joe A.

The associate arrived on time and replaced the screen in a timely manner. For me, the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Replaced screen on screen door.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

01/09/2014

Cesar C.

I am sorry to say I was not as lucky as the other reviewers. I called this company to change a faucet in the backyard. The job consisted of unscrewing the cracked valve and replacing it with a new one. He did not have the part and said he would have to go to the store and get it. I thought that was reasonable and asked him for the estimate. The estimate came to $175.00. I thought that was just an overblown estimate and decline to hire them. Another company came that same afternoon. The cost? $45.00 for the ten minutes it took them to do the job.

Description of Work
Showed up on time

11/01/2013

Phil R.

They were prompt and clean. They also picked up all the supplies. They got the job done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
He replaced the faucets in two bathrooms.

08/26/2013

Ned R.

Nothing to report, as I never heard back from them; I didn't re-initiate contact as I have an aversion to chasing people down to take my money. Used another Angie's List service provider who did a great job. Depend on Andy On Call at your own risk.

Description of Work
Advised me by phone on date of contact that the next "technician" (for gutter cleaning?) available in my area would be in contact. Subsequently received a discount coupon by mail. Have heard nothing further 3 months later.

Category handyman service

We had tried calling several times without success. We also mailed out a post card on July 23, 2013. There was no response.

07/22/2013

Charlesetta D.

Left message no call back !

Description of Work
Did not call back !

Category handyman service

There is no record of your call to Andy On Call.