Powell Roofing LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2016

2047 Cripplecreek Drive

Ladson, SC 29456

At Powell Roofing, our staff has a combined 50 years of experience delivering unsurpassed roofing services in Charleston, SC and the surrounding areas. We are locally owned and operated and as a trusted, local roofing company, you can rely on us for outstanding workmanship offered at affordable prices. We are completely dedicated to ensuring that you will love the new look of your home and we stand behind our work offering 10 year warranties on all work and up to 50 years upon request! We specialize in all aspects of the roofing industry as wells as windows, siding & painting. Please call us today for a free estimate!...

06/25/2022

Geny M.

I highly recommend Powell Roofing for all of your roofing needs! We are so fortunate to have Powell Roofing sponsor Summerville High School Cheer. Thank you for your generosity and thank you for giving back to the community. The good you do returns to you a hundredfold.

Description of Work
Highly recommend.

Category picture framing

06/16/2022

Michael R.

They work illegals on there crews, Powell roofing does not do the work , he subs the work to illegals ! Buyers please be aware of who is doing your roof ! I would not go with this company ! They are doing illegal business ! Buyers beware !

Description of Work
He works illegal employees

Category picture framing

03/17/2022

Lori M.

Great communication, fantastic customer service, the crew was absolutely wonderful, they worked hard and were very nice. Definitely recommend this company!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

02/14/2022

Spencer C.

Outstanding attention to detail and quality workmanship. Responded to inquiries promptly and comprehensively. Competitive pricing with the best warranty. Timely follow-ups. Great crew and foreman with on-time arrival and completion of work. Powell Roofing did what they said they would do and when they said they would do it. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Re-roof home and shed.

06/11/2021

Larry L.

After receiving 3 bids, I chose Powell Roofing based on the fact there were no caveats in the contract. Richard explained to me in great detail exactly what work would be performed based on what I wanted done. The crew showed up each morning & by 8am were hard at work. In less than 3 work days the job was done to perfection & the job site cleaned up, even with the daily rain delays. My wife & I were both impressed by the crew’s attention to the smallest details. If you are in need of a roofing contractor would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Remove & replace shingle roof & remove & replace vinyl soffit & aluminum fascia

Category picture framing, roofing, skylights

06/09/2021

mildred D.

very professional & quality workmanship

Description of Work
new roof, new aluminum fascia and vinyl soffit and new gutters

Frank O.

Great, After several companies came out I had excuses why it could not be done or blow me out with the cost . Mr Powell came out , looked my patio over and said not a problem . Gave me a great price and did what he said . Great job !

Description of Work
replacement windows

Category remodeling, roofing, replacement windows

kevin P.

Just as planned! James and his crew are very professional and did exactly as they said they would. Job site cleaned after installation and everything looks great!

Description of Work
replacement windows and roof!

Category remodeling, roofing, replacement windows

We appreciate you taking the time out your busy schedule to leave us a review. thanks!

Sandy H.

Absolutely amazing! Powell Roofing does qualify work, they are dependable, honest and their crew was friendly and very efficient! The roof is absolutely gorgeous! Recommend them 100% A plus!

Description of Work
new roof8

Andrea G.

The windows and siding were replaced in a timely manner, despite some pop up storms. I would highly recommend using them for your roofing, window or siding needs. From start to finish, they were professional and attentive to me, their customer. I know I will be using them again when it is time to replace my roof.

Description of Work
window and siding replacement

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows

01/05/2021

Mary Ann S.

Powell Roofing gave us a lower estimate and offered more in the way of a warranty than the other estimates we received. They used the best materials and did an absolutely first rate job in 2 days. The roofers were very experienced, polite and were careful to clean up the area. We would recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of the Roof with a metal roof

12/08/2020

Karen G.

A Mr. McKenzie came out and gave me an estimate, which was the best one that I received he was very proficient and the company was busy, but I was not in a rush, just needed to get a new roof for my insurance company. All of the reviews that I read about Powell and the work that I would see on homes around the area that they had done made me decide to go with Powell Roofing. I was very please with them. I have even recommended them to family and friends. Great company. I had my work done on September 29, 2020. K D Grant John's Island, SC

Description of Work
18 year old wind and hail damaged roof on a mobile home.

Category roofing, chimney caps, alternative medicine

11/02/2020

Daniel B.

James and his crew did a phenomenal job on my roof. They were fast, efficient, and customer service was outstanding. I went to work early in the morning and when I came home I had a new roof. I was amazed at how beautiful my roof is. James is knowledgeable and helped me select the best material for my roof.

Description of Work
Roofing

10/30/2020

Mark H.

Very wonderful experience. Guys came out and inspected for leak and found that builder while installing shingles left holes in roof uncaulked. Repairs were made on the spot and very please!

Description of Work
Roofing inspection for leak

Category roofing, alternative medicine

10/28/2020

Christina L.

Very knowledgeable in the work needing to be done. Excellent work and craftsmanship!! Work done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

10/23/2020

Michael E.

We are a third party vendor called Project Map It. We have been working with Powell Roofing since July 2020. They are a great company to work with. James, Jennifer and their team are tremendous! They have amazing communication skills and give you the upmost respect. If you are in or near Ladson, South Carolina, please give them a call!

Description of Work
We are a third party vendor.

Category alternative medicine

10/17/2020

Mark K.

Exceptional removal of old roof, repaired bad area in roof, installed new roof per strict hurricane area roofing code, left area clean, and the roof looks great. The roofing crew was very professional and polite. The best roofing company I have ever used. Good pricing too!

Description of Work
Entire roof replaced with new roof

08/07/2020

Phil E.

The work was fine with them and they were easy to work with.

Description of Work
Replace roof on 2 story home in Hamlets looking for 3 or 4 estimates.

05/04/2020

Donna K.

We are 100% satisfied Thank you Powell Roofing for your professionalism We are thrilled with our new roof and would def recommend Powell roofing to our friends and family.

Description of Work
New roof for home

04/28/2020

Melissa O.

Powell Roofing was everything promised and more. Professional, very timely, and a breeze to work with. Workmanship was excellent and staff gets an excellent too!

Description of Work
I needed a new roof.

Category roofing, chimney caps

We appreciate your business and you taking the time to leave us a review. please keep us in mind for all of your roofing, windows and siding needs. James Powell owner Powell Roofing

04/28/2020

thomas F.

Powell Roofing had a service man out to my house within the hour! did the repairs on the spot! (*for $120 less than the roofer i tried to get to do the job.) *(see my review of Deaville roofing - caveat emptor) this fall when i have the entire roof replaced Powell will be the contractor i go to.

Description of Work
4 or 5 broken roofing shingles due to recent wind storm.

04/18/2020

Kristine M.

Best Experience Ever – Recommend 100%! When we needed a new roof, we went the usual route of crossing our fingers, asking for recommendations from friends and neighbors, and endlessly searching through online reviews. After weeks of narrowing it down to three companies, meeting with their representatives, and obtaining estimates, we chose Powell Roofing. James Powell, owner of Powell Roofing, impressed us. He took time to answer all of our questions—he explained the merits of different materials and warranties, the steps involved in the installation, crew members’ responsibilities, necessary permits, liability insurance, pricing, and the estimated time that it would take to fully complete the job—everything we needed to know to make the best decision. We had already done some research and we were leaning towards Landmark CertainTeed Pro shingles. As it turned out, James Powell is certified as a Select Shingle Master by CertainTeed; to put that in perspective, Select Shingle Masters meet the roofing industry’s most stringent credentialing requirements and are in the top 1% of their profession. That sealed the deal for us. We scheduled the work for three days in early February of 2020. Because our home is contemporary in style, with multiple levels of roofs and skylights, we were a bit skeptical about whether it could actually be completed that quickly. Crew Supervisor Bradley Warner met with us at the start of each day and reviewed the work schedule, including the timing of the lunch break and the scheduled close of the work day, which was very helpful and showed respect for our time. Bradley was on-site all day, every day, working alongside the crew. The entire crew—men and women—showed amazing teamwork in the installation, which proved to be a big factor in keeping a complex job like ours on schedule. Then, at the close of each day, they would walk the perimeter of the house to find and remove any roofing-related debris, including using a magnetized tool to locate metal fragments—paying close attention to the area around our pool. In our experience, a company that demonstrates that level of care and concern for property is rare. James Powell continued to check in with us and his crew every day via phone and text. He would ask us if we had any questions and if we were pleased with the progress, which of course we were. We were actually amazed at how smoothly it all went over the three days that we were promised and that’s because everyone on the team—from James Powell to his project supervisor and crew—really delivered. The end result, not surprisingly, is a gorgeous, well-built, long-lasting roof that has greatly enhanced our home’s protection and curb appeal. Neighbors have since made a point of stopping by to compliment the work and to ask for the roofer’s information. In the nearly 15 years that we have lived in our home, and after numerous home improvement projects by local companies large and small, this is the first time that we can recommend a company 100% without hesitation—they were that good.

Description of Work
New Roof and Skylights

03/27/2020

Daniel G.

Awesome crew finished in one day did a great job including clean up!!!!! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Tear off,roof replacement

We truly appreciate your support. Please keep us in mind for all your roofing, windows and siding needs. Respectfully, James Powell Owner Powell Roofing

01/06/2020

Angel R.

Excellent work and the price was right

Description of Work
Replaced roofing

We appreciate your feedback. Please keep Powell Roofing in mind for all your roofing, windows and siding needs. Thank you James Powell Owner Powell Roofing

01/03/2020

andrea D.

Very happy with the quality and professionalism with Powell Roofing! James Powell was friendly and answered any questions we had. His team was excellent getting the job done! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Brand New Roof

Thank you for your business and feedback. Respectfully, James Powell Owner Powell Roofing