Comprehensive Maintenance Services Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2007

530 Vision Ct

Irmo, SC 29063

25 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply on case by case bases. Extra charge for after hours service is $125. Additional DBA - CMS, CMS Inc. Additional contact name - Mike Curcio.

12/05/2019

Scott H.

Excellent work. Quick, inexpensive, quality and friendly responsive workers. I could not find a roofing company to paint my stucco chimney in the center of my roof and repair the cap which was staining it. Most roofers won't paint and most painters won’t do the roof. These people worked my neighbors roof repair and painting and he highly recommended them I would highly recommend them as they are willing to do smaller jobs.

Description of Work
Repaired Chimney cap and painted stucco chimney

03/08/2018

Tammie K.

Our company has been using CMS since 2016 for all our roof repairs on our commerical properties. They are professional, informative, prompt and honest from the office to the work site. I love working with such a great company that I can trust completely. I would highly recommend CMS to anyone!!!

Description of Work
Roof Repairs

02/16/2017

Susan L.

Not so good- I have two houses that need new roofs installed. Called Tuesday 2/14/17 to schedule an estimate. Office female took my information and stated she would have to schedule & would call me back. Called me back 2 days later (2/16/17) and left a voice mail that someone could come measure the 2 roofs on Friday 2/17/17 between the hours of 12-2p. I called office female back and explained this day would not work, could we do Monday 2/20/17 after 2pm- she said she couldn't give me a time yet, that "he" (whoever "he" is) works a ROUTE and didn't know what time yet. I felt like I was trying to schedule a TV cable install instead of getting an estimate on TWO COMPLETE ROOFS. I told female office person to cancel the request for an estimate. If scheduling an appointment seemed such a challenge, I did not want to go forward with a probable 16K+ purchase and run in to the same wall.

Description of Work
I have two houses that need new roof install (on both homes).

07/16/2015

Diane S.

We hired CMS to diagnose the origin of--and fix--the leak in our family room roof. After inspecting it, they sent us a quote for $475 to reflash the chimney, which was where the water was entering the house, they said. Foolishly, without getting other opinions, we accepted this quote and the work was completed on August 25, 2014. Within two months, however, in the same quadrant of the family room ceiling, the roof leaked again, staining the same area of our ceiling in an oval shape about 24? long. A representative from CMS came out and searched the crawlspace looking for the source of the continuing leak and could not find either damp insulation or damp plywood. We were assured, however, that CMS stood behind their diagnosis, even though they were clearly unable to locate the leak and stop it from happening again?-which it did. By then, our patience with this company was wearing thin: not only were we told to paint over the ceiling stains with Kilz (which we did), we were told a hose test would be performed but then told the general manager had decided against it; we were told, incredibly, that a fresh leak, damp when we touched it, was an old leak, something seen by them before, rather than evidence that the roof was still leaking. Now there were at least four stains on the ceiling, two of which were marked with a pencil to determine if, when it rained, the leak was spreading. Finally, right before Christmas, about four months later, it rained hard again, and the roof leaked again, this time nearer the wall but in the same quadrant of the family room. It leaked so badly that water was running in a rivulet down the inside wall. My husband and son went onto the roof in the rain and stretched a tarp from the chimney down to the wet wall area. We called CMS immediately (and hysterically), and when the general manager came out some days later to survey the situation I asked about replacing a section of family room roof, from the chimney down. He said instead he would re-fasten the chimney cap on the front left side and install chimney anchors to secure it properly?-something he never did. But he did walk around and seal between some shingles, saying the problem should be fixed. I asked again about replacing the area of the roof that leaked, and offered to split the cost with him. He said no. I asked about deducting the cost of CMS?s unsuccessful chimney re-flashing, $475, from the cost of replacing that section of roof. He said no. He offered instead a $275 deduction on the full price of replacing that area of the roof, $1576, and sent an estimate to that effect. Then the roof leaked yet again, producing a darker, wider stain on the same spot on the ceiling. CMS sent someone out to inspect it, and this person was so rude that my husband (who contributed to this review) and I decided to obtain other quotes for replacing that section of the roof. In short, our entire experience with CMS was awful. They sold us a fix that didn?t fix anything, changed stories about what they would do, and they were rude and abrupt. I?m very glad we found another company to replace that area of the roof, after putting ice and water shield under new GAF shingles, replacing the ridge vent, re-flashing the chimney yet again, and repairing pipe boots?-all for less than CMS?s pre-adjusted price. This time, I got several estimates and insisted that each one address what Angie?s List recommends should be included. All my other reviews?of doctors, dentists, grouters, etc.,--are A?s, but this provider receives an F from my husband and me.

Description of Work
Re-flashed the chimney because the roof was leaking.

06/04/2014

Les R.

This is third time we have used CMS. They have always provided prompt high quality service. The crews always have great attitudes and go out of their way to make sure you are happy with the work product.

Description of Work
Repaired roof and installed solar powered attic fan.

03/25/2014

Ann C.

It went well. They came and did a thorough job without any delays. They did a good job.

Description of Work
CMS Roofing did the roof for us.

12/04/2013

Marcia H.

I've used CMS previously for roofing work - and was extremely pleased with the results. When my husband and I decided to have gutters installed, CMS was the only company we considered using. I contacted CMS via its website. I received a return call from the office within a few hours. I advised that I needed an estimate for gutter install. I provided my address and was told someone would come by and assess the project. A couple of days later, I received the estimate and authorization paperwork in the mail. I authorized the job, and the work was completed in about 4-6 hours. As usual, the quality of the work was excellent. I have other projects on my to-do list, I'll call CMS again.

Description of Work
Installed gutters and rain barrels.

Category gutter repair, roofing

09/14/2013

Britt P.

I called 3 other contractors before CMS. Two would not even come out for a repair and the other said they would but never showed. I called CMS on Wednesday. Curt DuVall came out the next day. Was on time and quickly identified the problem. He said they could have a crew out by next Tuesday at the latest. The showed the following day made the repair and left the area clean. I was very impressed at the professionalism and astounded that I called on Wednesday and the repair was done by Friday the same week.

Description of Work
Roof/ leak repair on very steep area.

Thank you [member name removed] for the review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future.

07/24/2013

James P. W.

I used the company in Charleston. They came out and went right to work. I had a leak and they were able to fix a portion of the roof by adding a flash ontop of it. They also removed a 2 inch pick and added 3 courses of hydro piping in place of that. It's basically a waterproof substance that guarantees no leaks. Once they finished we did have some hard rain here in Charleston and so far there are no leaks. They did tell me that if i did have any leaks or issues that I could call them and they would come right out.

Description of Work
I called them out to stop a leak that was happening on my roof.

02/18/2013

Sherry P.

I contacted CMS for an estimate on a new roof for my home. When I spoke with the CSR I asked if they would call me first when they where on there way so I could leave work and meet them at the house. They said and quot;not a problemand quot;. I went home at 2:00 so I would be there when he showed up. I found his card in my door. No phone call. I called the office and asked why he didn't call and they did not know why. He was told to. So we set up another appointment, I told them I would like an estimate for more work, that we decided to get a 60' x 12' deck with a cover over it and gutters around the house. The appointment was for friday at 2. At 3:00 I received a phone call that there was an emergency that he had to get to and we set up another appointment for Tuesday of the next week. I spoke with the CSR on Monday, she was making sure that I received my quote for the roof and I asked her about the appointment for the next day, She said yes the estimator would be there and He never showed or called. I can't see doing business with a company that can't even get the estimating process correct.

Description of Work
I did not choose this company.

The owners and staff at CMS Roofing LLC have reviewed Member's report. We feel that the remarks are unfair and not correct given the circumstances at the time. The first contact we had with the customer was when she called our office to request a roof replacement for her home. We scheduled the visit to her home and then attempted to contact her (prior to arriving) several times as requested. We were not successful in getting her on the phone. Our estimator was going to be in the area anyway, so he went by and measured the house for a new roof. It was necessary to get the measurements that day if we were going to meet her request to get the quote the same day. We worked the customer into a very full schedule to accommodate her needs. The following day we contacted the customer with a verbal quote to replace the roof and mailed the written copy to her address. She then asked us to provide her with a quote to build a porch on the back of her home. We were happy to assist her with this request also. We set up an appointment with her, at that time, for the following day. We had an emergency leak situation arise around the time of her appointment. We contacted the customer to inform her of the situation and see if we could re-schedule the visit. When we informed the customer, she accepted the re-scheduling without complaint. The day, of the re-scheduled visit, we had bad weather with rain storms. We called the customer and left a message indicating we would not be able to keep our scheduled appointment due to the weather. As a roofing contractor, during periods of excessive rain, our leak call volume rises and we place homes or businesses with water entering them on a priority basis. Home owners, especially, want you to arrive immediately in order to stop the flow of water and prevent their belongings from being further damaged. So, at the time, we felt we needed to contact our customers, as normal, and make them aware of the situation. This is standard practice when we have bad weather. We felt that she would understand if we needed to re-schedule our appointment to look at the area where she wanted us to build a porch. Our communication with the customer was clear. Based on the above situation our company feels as though this is an un-justified claim.

05/17/2012

Maurice P.

I have used this company on various times before. I called them and explained the problem. They asked if I wanted an estimate or just have the problem fixed and send me the bill. I said fix the problem and send me the bill. They arrived the next morning and repaired the damaged singles and sent me the bill.

Description of Work
Repair and replace a couple of singles damaged by wind.

12/15/2011

Dan C.

They did a great job and provided a digital record (CD-rom) of the before and after of their work.

Description of Work
Repaired shingle damage to my roof and replaced missing roof exhaust boots

Category handyman service, roofing

11/09/2011

Sharon C.

I would definitely recommend CMS for anyone who has roofing issues. They were very thorough and efficient.

Description of Work
Our roof began leaking after a rainstorm. We called CMS to inspect our roof. Kurt was able to quickly diagnose the problem. Our roof was leaking from where the toe hold kicks were nailed to the roof while the original roof was installed. He also spent time looking for hail damage (he did not find any). Also, he was concerned about our dryer vent not being installed properly due to mold on that side of the house. He explained what needed to be fixed for all the issues he found - even the dryer vent. The repair crew arrived when they said they would. They informed me of what they would be fixing. They quickly went to work and completed the job. They were very polite and informative.

08/17/2011

Kay B.

I don't even know when the work was actually done, since I was out of town. I would have preferred notification of when they were going to do the work so I could have planned to be here. The only way I knew they had been here was they sent me the bill. I have no way to know if they actually did everything the way they were supposed to since everything is covered up.

Description of Work
Repaired some flashing & replaced some shingles due to a water leak.

Customer indicated that he would like work done as soon as possible. Our team called twice and then decided to get work done due to immediate rain in forecast. At no time during the estimating did the customer advise that he had to be present for the repair. After the work was completed we sent an invoice at which time the customers could of requested digital photos of work preformed. CMS simply would of emailed the photo to him. We take photos of before, during and after of work so that we can avoid these issues. The photos allow us to maintain the rapid response to leak repairs and still provide proof that the work was completed. In closing if customer request us not do any work unless they are home then we never attempt work. The repair never leaked after the work was complete and customer paid his bill. CMS feels the C rating is not fair. We consider the Job to be Rated as A-.

07/08/2011

Carole L T.

It went great. The workers were very polite and made an effort not to be in my way. The whole project took less that 2 days, which is great because hammering on the roof can get annoying. I would rather have a crew come in and get it done than a couple of men banging around for a week. Plus, Curt was a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
I got an entire new roof, plus some repair around the base of my chimney, which had to be repainted.

04/20/2011

Samuel B.

Final price exceeded accepted proposal by over 10%.

Description of Work
Final price exceeded accepted proposal by over 10%.

Category gutter repair, roofing, woodworking

03/30/2011

Kathleen Q.

As described work on above paragraph. Even with the extra work in attic they did not charge more.

Description of Work
Had roof repaired where strips run along outside of roofs here in the Winchester Subdivision. "Curt DuVall Genera Manager came out to answer my shingle question and looked at the rest of the roof and one gutter where nail fell out. He was the one who noticed buckling on roof and gave the estimate on the spot This I would have missed seeing. Not only was it buckled but they had to place wood in the attic and plywood and strip on roof. They fixed my gutter with screw instead of nail. They were professional, came on time and customer service was great. Used the same company in 2009 when I noticed a leak on the wall in my bedroom because flashpoint on vent in roof had rotted away from heat.

11/29/2010

alexander A.

Aside from a few communications problems and me having to chase answers the overall experience was excellent and all the work looks good. Time will tell but I am quite happy with the results. The crews working on the various aspects of the job were great. they were hard working and seemed to know what they were doing. Good cleanup and follow-up on weather related issues. I think I got what I needed at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
New Roof, Gutters, Chimney cap, soffit repair and fascia wrap

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

08/30/2010

Narayan S.

Everything went well. They promised 4-7 days for the work to be done but it took 2 weeks. This wasn't a problem, though. When they gave me a quote for this work, they never mentioned a discount for Angie's List members. I called the company about this and they said the discount was already included. I feel that this was kind of misleading. They were prompt and I am very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
They installed 2 roof vents for me.

08/26/2010

jay T.

Did only 60 percent of the work. Said the disputed work was outside scope of original agreement. Fact is, the roofers just didn't do the work. Owner suggested that I was trying to get work done for free; he said he was tired of listening to me, and he said he hoped he wouldn't have to call his lawyer to get a restraining order against me. Some of the work was done poorly, and CMS fixed it after I complained. CMS did what appears to be a good job on a house in my area.

Description of Work
Roof repair.

CMS, Inc. completed all of the repairs in the original estimate in a timely, professional manor. This customer proceeded to call back approx. 7 months later to say he still had a leak. CMS, Inc. deployed a technician the following day to investigate the roof leak. Upon the investigation CMS, Inc. did find a roof leak in an entirely different area. We informed the customer of the new leak area and he insisted that it was the same area. The owner from CMS, Inc. never threatened to call an attorney or get a restraining order, but we did inform him that there would be a charge to repair the new roof leak due to it being a different area. The customer waited for over a year to report this false accusation on Angie's list. CMS, Inc. does take before, during, and after photos of all work performed. If any one would like to see the original estimate and photos taken from this job, we would be more than happy to share them with you. If anyone is interested in giving CMS, Inc. the opportunity to come out and quote a job/ perform services, you will see first hand our professionalism. CMS, Inc. stands behind our work 100%.

08/05/2010

Richard K.

We had a pretty significant roof leak and I had called several companies for estimates, of which, CMS was one of the companies I contacted. First of all, they arrived on time (actually they were a little earlier), secondly, they gave me a great estimate and said that if I wanted, they could do the work right then and there! It involved removing/replacing shingles and a vent shaft sleeve that was cracked. I gave them the "go ahead" and they were finished within 45 minutes. They provided me with a CD of pictures of "before, during and after" repairs. I was very pleased with the quality of work and asked them to provide me with estimates for several other repair items around the house.

Description of Work
Provided and estimate for a significant roof leak that stemmed from a cracked vent sleeve. They provided the estimate and said they had the equipment and time to do the work on the spot if I chose to have them do it. Since their estimate was very reasonable, I told them to go ahead. They were completely finished - repairs and clean-up within 45 minutes.

08/02/2010

Tamara R.

I didn't use them. They didn't communicate with me at all. Their estimate was very thorough and fine, but they didn't call to tell me they were coming. The guy never called me back and I didn't get the estimate for ten days. Everybody else that I got estimates from communicated with me and called me right back. They did come when they said they would after I finally got hold of them. I did not like the estimator that came. He was rude and spoke down to me as a woman. They probably would not be the first company I would call. Their work might be wonderful and I might give them another chance if they had another estimator.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Comprehensive Maintenance Services for a roofing job.

CMS, Inc. sent out our general manager to diagnosis the problem at this customer's home. While our GM was out there look at the problem, the customer informed him that she needed to step out momentarily and left her garage door open. Our GM then waited there until she came back to ensure that her home was not left unsecured. The customer did not agree with the scope of work explained by our GM, and did not want all of the recommended repairs done. There are occasions in roofing that the homeowner does not believe that the recommended repair are needed and thay want us to take short cuts. CMS, Inc. will not ever take a short cut, we always do our work the correct way to ensure that the problem is repaired. CMS, Inc. stands behind our work 100%, and we strive to do it right the first time. The customer was emailed her estimate within 2 days of the visit to her home. Our office staff then called her to inform her that the estimate was in her inbox, and if she could not find it in her inbox that sometimes it get filtered to the spam or junk mail. Our GM, has a wife, a mother, and a daughter, and treats them and all other women with the utmost respect. CMS, Inc. denies the accusation of our GM talking down on this customer 100%. We believe that the problem was that this customer did not agree with the scope of work or our General Managers professional opinion. We also believe that our GM might have insisted that the work described to the customer was necessary to ensure that repairs were made properly, and the customer did not agree. CMS, Inc. is extremely dissappointed that this customer feels this way and hopes that should any customer have have the same experience, they report it immediately to the office so we may look into the matter.

06/20/2010

Nancy K.

The owner gave me an estimate which was what I paid. His workers performed the work competently and carefully. I was so pleased with their performance that I asked the owner if he did bathroom remodeling. Unfortunately, he does not. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Completely replaced the roof including flashing around the skylights.

10/29/2009

Scott C.

They got to my home when they said that they would. They charged me what they said they were going to charge me. They fixed the leak and I have not had a problem with it since. I had an A+ overall experience working with them. I will not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Comprehensive Maintenance Services Inc. fixed a leak around an exhaust fan on my roof.

07/19/2009

Heidi W.

These guys exceeded all expectations and were professionals from start to finish. They were reasonably priced (half what a chain handyman business was going to charge), prompt and did quality work. The guys who did the repairs kept me updated on what they were doing and what to do to avoid repairs in the future. Only a company who cares for their customers would tell someone how to avoid calling them again in the future! They even sent a disc with pictures of the repairs completed along with the invoice. I would hire them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Several things were fixed from the inspection report - 6 roof shingles replaced, tile and grout repaired and replaced and door jam repaired.

Category handyman service