Island Pest Control Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since August 2010

142 Island Dr

Hilton Head Island, SC 29926

Our guaranteed commitment to you- If you hire us to get rid of your bugs and after 30 days you aren't 100% happy, we'll come back and retreat your home for FREE, and we'll keep retreating for free until you tell us you're happy. If that still doesn't make you happy, we'll give you back every penny

09/14/2017

Robert K.

They are always on time, if you need to change the date, they change the date, no problem.

Description of Work
Termite control, insect spray.

09/14/2017

Robert K.

They come four times a year.

Description of Work
They come four times a year to spray for insects and termites.

07/24/2017

Thomas M.

I bought a house 4 years ago and had been procrastinating about getting termite protection. A handyman (Luis Sato) recommended Island Pest Control and had them call me. After getting an initial look and a quote, holes were drilled in the concrete block foundation inside the crawl space and termite poison was pumped into each block column and the support columns. Some wood debris was also removed from the crawl space. The same termite poison was pumped around the base of the foundation inside and out. Bait traps were installed around the outside of the house. It took two guys (Jermaine and Dan) most of the day to do all this, in 92-degree heat, mostly in a crawl space about 4 feet tall. They knew what they were doing and wore protection against touching or breathing poison. I wouldn't want their jobs.

Description of Work
Termite protection.

04/10/2017

doug K.

From the sales call on, they were very professional. we have had to call them to do an off cycle check due to some bugs getting in during a construction project. They came quickly and took care of the problem.

Description of Work
termite prevention, quarterly checks for insects.

10/25/2016

Marcie F.

It went very poorly. They missed the first appointment twice. Then when they did come out for the monthly service they were supposed to also take down the cobwebs. Even though their form said that they took down the cob webs, they were all still there. When we called and complained about that they claimed that they believed their technician and sent out money back. Cobwebs are very easy to see on your home and to know that they weren't removed!

Description of Work
We hired them for a monthly service.

Category pest control

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Your review is misleading and a half truth. On April 25th my technician (a team member of 20 years) arrived at the day and time you requested. Your home was still under construction and he could not do your service. We did not miss your appointment. When we were forced to reschedule due to your home construction, schedules where shifted and 2 technicians came to do your first service in May. It is disappointing that you would post a misleading review in an attempt to harm my company and our reputation. As far as standing behind my office team and field technicians, cancelling your services and refunding your money; that is true. You have conveniently left out that their were a total of 5 technicians at your home. This was not an accusation against one, but an accusation against 5 technicians with a combined 49 years with Island Pest Control. When you said you had video tape of them not webbing your home, we did ask for you to send us a copy. You declined to provide copies that you said you had. We previously protected your home from 2010-2013 and there were multiple times our office staff was treated with disrespect by you, back then and now. There is never a reason to belittle people or treat them with disrespect. I reached out to you in May of 2013 and you declined to speak with me and again in August of 2016 and you declined to speak with me or return my call. Choosing instead to belittle my Office Manager. I have owned and rul all daily operations of Island Pest Control for 37 years and you are the first customer I have personally cancelled. Thankfully my wife heard and told me about the last disrespectful phone call you will ever make to my Team. If I had known how you were speaking to my Team, I would have cancelled your service a long time ago Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. If you choose to continue maliciously slandering my company I will take legal action. As you said, I refunded all monies to you without you asking. As I said in my private email to you in August, I wish you all the best in the future. John Kaiser President Island Pest Control

09/28/2015

David T.

Very professional and responsive.

Description of Work
Annual and quarterly treatments for bugs & termites. 400.00 is annual contract fee.

09/17/2015

Terri E.

We have now been using them for 9 months and they have been wonderful to work with. Very responsive to extra needs (at no extra charge), usually the same day or even within hours, removing wasp nests, treating for bugs in between quarterly services if needed.They treat from the attic to the garage. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I have a termite contract (don't remember cost) and quarterly pest control (about $120 cost ) with them because the pervious owners of the house used them.

07/27/2015

Brian J.

They come three times a year. They're excellent every time. The staff is courteous. They're very careful and thoroughly reliable. We would highly recommend them. We would use them all the time.

Description of Work
Pest Control.

05/03/2015

amanda L.

I have a rental property on Hilton Head Island. We were notified we had bed bugs. After having a different company try for 6 months to get rid of the bed bugs, we finally gave up and started looking around for someone else. Island Pest Control got rid of them the first time! They did all the set up and thoroughly cleaned up after they were done. They used these gigantic heaters and no chemicals! We were even able to keep the mattresses. They heated our whole house and by the end of the day, all bugs were dead! They cleaned everything and they did 3 follow up checks (free) to make sure the bed bugs were gone. They cost a little more, but with being able to put our rental back on the market the next day, it was worth it!

Description of Work
Island Pest Control got rid of my bed bugs!

03/15/2015

John K.

Joe comes every month on the same day and time, he knocks says hi and makes sure I haven't seen bugs inside. If I'm not home, he leaves a door card so I know he was there and what he did. He sprays all around the outside and entry ways (even windows since thats how the bugs can get in) I've used Island Pest Control for 20 years and Joe's always been my guy. I like knowing who's coming around my house and family. They mail me my bill and I call the office and pay with my card. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Monthly Pest Control

06/13/2013

Alice W.

They are a little bigger than a chipmunk. I would give the company top marks. I was so relieved I was not going to have more critters in my house. They were here for a long time.

Description of Work
I used Island Pest Control because we had flying squirrels in our house. They came on Monday and did an evaluation and they herded away one of them that was in my kitchen and they came back today. They sealed up the dryer vent where it exits on the outside roof with a wire cage, so the animals could not get in there. That is how they had gotten in. They climbed onto the roof and come down the flexible venting unit and chewed through that.

Category animal removal

04/17/2013

Vivian S.

I used them in January. They are fine. They come every quarterly to do the job. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used ISLAND for Pest Control

12/18/2012

Lori L.

From the estimate and inspection through service and finalization of the intitial contract details, the entire staff was very professional and accomodated my schedule in order to meet my needs and provide the best service.

Description of Work
Services provided included fumigating and setting traps in attic, inspecting the traps daily for 5 days, then sealing potential entry sites to prevent re-entry. Also, performed insecticide treatment indoors and outdoors.

07/03/2012

William B B.

They have been the best in what they do. They fumigate the attics. They do inside work and outside work. They have excellent service overall.

Description of Work
We used ISLAND PEST CONTROL INC for pest control service.

06/08/2012

Peter W.

They have come by and checked the house periodically. We inherited the contract from the previous home owner. They check outside once a month, and inside once a year. They are punctual.We had mudcrawlers in our attic, and they came promptly to handle the situation.

Description of Work
We have an annual contract with them for general checkups and maintenance.

05/25/2012

Mary B.

They are on call 24/7, if you have any problems with any bugs they are right out here. When they come out for the 3 month service it's always the same guys, they don't flip their workers all the time. They are very hospitable, they come in, ask questions and see if you have any problems. We've been with them for 23 years.

Description of Work
Island Pest Control does our pest control.

05/02/2012

amanda L.

I highly recommend them. They are very friendly and responded immediately to my ant problem.

Description of Work
I had trouble with a few palmetto bugs and called several companies. Island Pest sent out their general manager to perform a quote and set up my serivce. They come quarterly, (that's what I chose) and they send a card to let me know the day and time and they also call the day before to make sure we are home. They treat inside and outside of our house and the one time I called them, last week because of seeing ants, they sent out a technician that day to fix our ant problem for free.

04/18/2012

Maida S. T.

If we have an issue or spot a critter, they are usually out there that same afternoon to take care of the issues. They are also a very good service.

Description of Work
We have a contract with them and have for a long time. They come four times a year but are really good about coming out on call if we spot a “palmetto bug” (cockroaches).

04/06/2012

Carol G.

Island Pest Control is good and they come on a schedule.

Description of Work
I use Island Pest Control for pest control.

03/21/2012

Vivian S.

They come quarterly. I am not sure how much they charge. I think it is $150 a visit but I am not sure. I think it is what everybody is charging. I checked around. I would continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
I use Island Pest Control to get rid of termites and other insects.

03/07/2012

Jolyn B.

I would recommend them to others. The guys who come out do a great job. I would rate them highly. I would continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
I use Island Pest Control Inc. for pest control services. They have been doing it for us for several years.

01/09/2012

Cathy H.

The service men were very professional but the salesman was not. They fogged the attic and went around and sprayed all the base boards in the house. They also sprayed the outside of the house and any closets that had a lot of stuff they had a special chemical to spray in there and then closed the closet door so it would kill any bugs. You can pay a little bit more to have more done but we chose not to do that. Extremely professional, did a great job, and answered a lot of my questions.

Description of Work
We just had them come out for a termite inspection and insect control. We just switched providers. They have been extremely professional and has done everything when they said they were going do it. We just started with them and they have been extremely professional.

12/16/2011

Will H.

We have been using them for years and they come out to my house often. We have been totally satisfied with them. They send out very nice people. They have always been very responsive. We have had some big rats come into our attic and we call them immediately if we hear one up there. They come right out and take care of it for us. Their prices are not shocking; I would remember something like that. We would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
We use Island Pest Control Inc for pest control services. They last came in about a month ago.

07/11/2011

Henry N.

ISLAND PEST CONTROL INC has a service that works. We do not have a problem with any pests. They are great.

Description of Work
ISLAND PEST CONTROL INC came to remove pests by spraying our house.

01/20/2011

Suzanne N.

Island Pest Control does not charge you if you have any problems during the year. They are a good company.

Description of Work
Island Pest Control comes in once a year. They treat the inside and outside of the house.